Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

Dr. Faustus posted:

I read Popehat, so yeah I am aware of that phenomenon. There's this thing, though...

You go on singling me out, and I'll go on posting in your threads. I know how much you love that, since I became "he whom shall not be named."

See how that works?

Of course you don't, because you're a stupid shithead.

Have it your way.

:ironicat:

Go gently caress yourself, you know nothing.

look at this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010

Dr. Faustus posted:

I read Popehat, so yeah I am aware of that phenomenon. There's this thing, though...

You go on singling me out, and I'll go on posting in your threads. I know how much you love that, since I became "he whom shall not be named."

See how that works?

Have it your way.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Funkz posted:

are you really threatening to post in gbs 2.1? im literally shaking
It seems to bother a lot of GBS 2.1 posters.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Actually "Dr" (if you even are a real doctor??) I'm an expert on guitars and my expert analysis is Your Guitar Looks Stupid.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Dr. Faustus posted:

more like no one is taking you seriously

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Dr. Faustus posted:

See how that works?

Have it your way.

i haven't said anything about you or your guitars, i don't know where all this hostility is coming from

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Funkz posted:

more like no one is taking you seriously
Seriously enough that you can't shut the gently caress up.

fedora or whatever

That Genuine Stank
Apr 25, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

fedora or whatever

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
lol if you have more than one of the same kind of guitar

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
lol if you have more than one guitar

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
lol if you talk about guitars but can't play

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

comes along bort posted:

lol if you have more than one of the same kind of guitar

what if you own a guitar store?

checkmate, einstein

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010

Dr. Faustus posted:

im actually just simultaneously laughing and feeling sorry for you :/

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Dr. Faustus posted:

fedora or whatever

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Box of Trial posted:

what if you own a guitar store?

checkmate, einstein

But can you play them? No? Shut the hell up guitar store owner.

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

culdesac posted:

im actually just simultaneously laughing and feeling sorry for you :/

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Third World Reggin posted:

But can you play them? No? Shut the hell up guitar store owner.

:negative:

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010

Dr. Faustus posted:

SA has changed a lot in 12 years. That post was in a games thread in response to a lot of rumor and speculation (some of which turned out to accurate, and some which didn't, and the rest is still developing.) But that one post is taken out of context in that it was a response to several pages of negativity and bitching, and I was attempting to lighten the mood and be reassuring. I'm not humorless at all.

Haven't you noticed what's happened since Halloween? Everybody is trying to be the new forums comedy superstar but all any of you know how to do is hate on everything. People who like games can only hate on games. Same with music, movies, books, any topic that comes up, it's all vitriol all the time. Sometimes it works for a cheap giggle but mostly it just turns into "kill the guy with the ball." It wasn't even this bad back in 2000 before GBS was really moderated and it was full of major drama vortexes, people still had fun, and there was room for more than one viewpoint.

I like to discuss things, I like to have a good time, I don't like to hate on poo poo. It's not my thing. I guess it's just hard to be lighthearted when the prevailing paradigm is a bunch of shut-ins trying to out-hate each other. I guess it's rubbing off on me.

And mclast you're crazy. Those instruments are beautiful and they can sound like just about any make or model of guitar out there, and I love them. I built that Strat-style in 1992 with my Dad, and was going to paint it but never got around to it. It's very dear to me.

And all of you people are still throwing around the term autism in a way that makes it completely meaningless. I like to post clear, concise ideas with proper punctuation and grammar. I respond to questions and comments directed at or about me. I enjoy how it drives some of you crazy, because you are usually completely unaware of the fact that if you'd just leave me alone, I'd go back to lurking Games and D&D and Musician's Lounge and the Book Barn. GBS 2.0 is a complete cesspool full of noise and cranky toddlers.

I wouldn't have ever posted in this thread if certain stalkers hadn't posted my collection to insult it and me. Try to keep that in mind.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for repeating my message to the masses.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can't you see, culdesac, you're just playing into his hands?? he's probably reading that post and jamming out on his really stupid looking guitar and smiling

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Dr. Faustus posted:

Thanks for repeating my message to the masses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRae5mRoRE

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Dr. Faustus posted:

lol if you talk about guitars but can't play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E&t=29s

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010

homeless snail posted:

can't you see, culdesac, you're just playing into his hands?? he's probably reading that post and jamming out on his really stupid looking guitar and smiling

thats whats so amazing

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH
i don't think anybody is even thinking about your ugly guitars now, i for one am transfixed by how very upset you are at the mere thought of them being ridiculed and how much difficulty you have not defending yourself from internet stalkers e-bullies, trolls and the dreaded frienemies

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Transfixed?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Transposed.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Transtremmed?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

fix the trannies

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That ain't cool.

P.S.

homeless snail I demand to see your credentials immediately.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Dec 28, 2013

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
it doesn't matter how ugly your guitars are if you're playing digital anyway because people that play that poo poo aren't serious anyway

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

That ain't cool.

P.S.

you first

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ZombieParts posted:

it doesn't matter how ugly your guitars are if you're playing digital anyway because people that play that poo poo aren't serious anyway

50 watt stereo tube combos with a stereo rack and MIDI control rig:

...aaaand, back to you, homeless snail.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

nice guitar store you got there, but can you play them?? I'm going to need to hear some tracks, doc

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Dr. Faustus posted:

That ain't cool.

P.S.

credentials: has functioning eyesight

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ZombieParts posted:

frankthetank
Dec 20, 2006

I find Danelectros pretty repulsive. The pickups make me gag.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Dr. Faustus posted:

50 watt stereo tube combos with a stereo rack and MIDI control rig:

All alone in a room. No band. No Friends. If a song gets recorded in a forest and no one is there to hear, who cares?

Sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

stupid lawn dart guitars :buddy:

• Locked thread