Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
what kind of faggo takes pics of their guitars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Why the gently caress do you have a hard on for Ibanez RGs? Please tell me they are all not stock too besides the lovely looks.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

comes along bort posted:

what kind of faggo takes pics of their guitars
tbh I'm too busy playing my many guitars to sit them down and take pics, but I guess if my 'tars looked as loving stupid and ugly as doc's I'd probably want to show them off to the world too

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
i actually opened this thread hoping to make fun of faustus' lovely guitars and boring hypertechnical playing and holy poo poo this thread has delivered

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

tbh I'm too busy playing my many guitars to sit them down and take pics, but I guess if my 'tars looked as loving stupid and ugly as doc's I'd probably want to show them off to the world too

Do you own 7 Squire strats all black with white pick guards that's pretty much the only way you could make a collection more retarded looking than docs.

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vms_6_TSQuc

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

i actually opened this thread hoping to make fun of faustus' lovely guitars and boring hypertechnical playing and holy poo poo this thread has delivered

You think I didn't know this, despite my guitar collection showing up on pages one and two.

This is what you wanted, and you got it. Are you pleased?

Frankenstyle posted:

All alone in a room. No band. No Friends. If a song gets recorded in a forest and no one is there to hear, who cares?

Sad.

LOL that's my home. I play out with friends and lend out my gear because people love it.
You're like that Vulcan kid from the Trek movie: "His human eyes... they look sad..." :(

homeless snail posted:

nice guitar store you got there, but can you play them?? I'm going to need to hear some tracks, doc
I know this has to be a joke since this has been done in this thread already, but I'll humor you anyway:

All stereo tube amp rig:

SA Solo Contest Entry from 2001 (I only played the solos, the backing track came from Musician's Lounge) playing the Strat-style that I built with my Dad back in 1992, through the combo tube amps, 75% gain, no effects except a little room 'verb added via software.

This guitar:
:

The track: http://tindeck.com/listen/clxa

A laptop recording demo, the intro to SRV's Texas Flood (Just the intro: I programmed the drums, played the bass and the same Strat-style guitar through Amplitube 3 to see how the Fenders sounded in software, I programmed a dual Fender amp setup and played bass through a VT Bass pedal):

http://tindeck.com/listen/mpih

And a recording of me and my pals doing Satriani's live version of "Memories," also live off the mixing board at a band reunion. You can hear us each getting lost, so it's not perfect.
I only brought a guitar, so I used my bassist's Rocktron Chameleon and we just went for it:

That was this Ibanez RG770DX which I bought as a backup for my original JEM77FP:

The track: http://tindeck.com/listen/mghk

Hope you like.

Just for fun, here's a tortured version of Cult of Personality, also live off the board (using the tube combos):
http://tindeck.com/listen/ejzq

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 28, 2013

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010
sick shredding bro

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010
lol jk i didnt actually click your links cuz i know it all sucks rear end

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

You think I didn't know this, despite my guitar collection showing up on pages one and two.

LOL that's my home. I play out with friends and lend out my gear because people love it.
You're like that Vulcan kid from the Trek movie: "His human eyes... they look sad..." :(

I know this has to be a joke since this has been done in this thread already, but I'll humor you anyway:

All stereo tube amp rig:

SA Solo Contest Entry from 2001 (I only played the solos, the backing track came from Musician's Lounge) playing the Strat-style that I built with my Dad back in 1992, through the combo tube amps, 75% gain, no effects except a little room 'verb added via software.

This guitar:
:

The track: http://tindeck.com/listen/clxa

A laptop recording demo, the intro to SRV's Texas Flood (Just the intro: I programmed the drums, played the bass and the same Strat-style guitar through Amplitube 3 to see how the Fenders sounded in software, I programmed a dual Fender amp setup and played bass through a VT Bass pedal):

http://tindeck.com/listen/mpih

And a recording of me and my pals doing Satriani's live version of "Memories," also live off the mixing board at a band reunion. You can hear us each getting lost, so it's not perfect.
I only brought a guitar, so I used my bassist's Rocktron Chameleon and we just went for it:

That was this Ibanez RG770DX which I bought as a backup for my original JEM77FP:

The track: http://tindeck.com/listen/mghk

Hope you like.

Just for fun, here's a tortured version of Cult of Personality, also live off the board (using the tube combos):
http://tindeck.com/listen/ejzq

:bravo:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

i wasn't pointing it out for your benefit you boring narcissistic wierdo

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

culdesac posted:

lol jk i didnt actually click your links cuz i know it all sucks rear end
Liar.

Dewgy posted:

i wasn't pointing it out for your benefit you boring narcissistic wierdo
Like you could have made it any more obvious, you predictable wannabe.

Kiryuin Satsuki
Mar 1, 2011

lmao

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

i clicked all your links and you play okay and poo poo can you go away now you weird fucker

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
That seafoam green guitar isn't that bad looking. I don't know what the big deal is. It's cool in a retro way.

Edit - but please go on making a fool of yourself. Do yourself a favor, step away from the computer for a day, come back and re-read everything you typed.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

The XM8 sure is funny looking

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010

Dr. Faustus posted:

Liar.

Like you could have made it any more obvious, you predictable wannabe.

um

i seriously didnt click a single one, dont know what to tell you dude

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

joats posted:

That seafoam green guitar isn't that bad looking. I don't know what the big deal is.

it's kind of an odd looking strat and the handle is stupid, you could do way worse but it was $1.5k and talking about it makes faustus write enormous walls of hilarious text

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GreenAcidRage posted:

i clicked all your links and you play okay and poo poo can you go away now you weird fucker
Let's play a game:

People don't make threads to bait me or bring me up in threads where they don't want me, and I won't suddenly mysteriously show up!

Starting:

NOW!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

He's got all those links on standby just like I did when I was 13 playing in a cover band and posting on ULTIMATE-GUITAR.

All I can say is I hope you become the next Jason Becker.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Let's play a game:

People don't make threads to bait me or bring me up in threads where they don't want me, and I won't suddenly mysteriously show up!

Starting:

NOW!
they're talking some serious poo poo about your stupid looking guitar in the nite crew thread, doc

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

Let's play a game:

Starting:

NOW!

I bet when people said you stank in school you'd go sit near them to prove to them that you did not, in fact, stink

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

Let's play a game:

Starting:

NOW!

you could also go with plan b and stop making an enormous loving idiot out of yourself everywhere

you're a walking punchline but everyone's sick of the joke

Kiryuin Satsuki
Mar 1, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

Let's play a game:

Starting:

NOW!

lmao dude the game you should be playing is the one where you ignore the people trying to bait you instead of getting involved in an internet slap fight

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Photex posted:

He's got all those links on standby just like I did when I was 13 playing in a cover band and posting on ULTIMATE-GUITAR.

All I can say is I hope you become the next Jason Becker.

Wow dude that's pretty mean.

culdesac posted:

um

i seriously didnt click a single one, dont know what to tell you dude

You lie, we both know it.

Steppin_Razor posted:

lmao dude the game you should be playing is the one where you ignore the people trying to bait you instead of getting involved in an internet slap fight

Nah it's totally cool with me. You want me, you get me.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
dude why do you keep srsposting

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Step back, play your guitar for a day or two. Then come back to SA and act like nothing happened. Best thing you can do right now.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Dude, you be spergin' so hard people on the street be all like "drat, bitch, that dude be spergin' pretty hard"

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

comes along bort posted:

dude why do you keep srsposting

if he argues hard enough he'll suddenly stop being terminally dull irl

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Dewgy posted:

if he argues hard enough he'll suddenly stop being terminally dull irl

He can argue as much as he wants he still owns way too many Ibanez guitars to not be dull.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I can keep it up a bit longer tonight, but then I'll have to sleep and make up for it with many posts when I get up.

Have it your way.

Have you looked at the time? I work 2nd shift but even for me this is late.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Dr. Faustus posted:

I can keep it up a bit longer tonight, but then I'll have to sleep and make up for it with many posts when I get up.

Have it your way.

Please don't.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

joats posted:

Please don't.
We are together in this.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Photex posted:

He can argue as much as he wants he still owns way too many Ibanez guitars to not be dull.

Hey not everyone can have a pizza guitar (I have an Ibanez and love it)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

Have it your way.

Have you looked at the time? I work 2nd shift but even for me this is late.

how old were you when thrill kill was cancelled anyway

because i thought dr faustus was the coolest poo poo ever too but i was like 12

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

joats posted:

Hey not everyone can have a pizza guitar (I have an Ibanez and love it)
Don't do it. I'll take the heat for you. Just let me.

Dewgy posted:

how old were you when thrill kill was cancelled anyway

because i thought dr faustus was the coolest poo poo ever too but i was like 12

I don't know what the gently caress you are talking about. I came across Faustus in English Lit in college, in the Marlowe play. From there I went to the old Faustbuch. What gay poo poo are you babbling about?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
sometimes it's okay to just walk away and not get riled up about meaningless poo poo

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

I don't know what the gently caress you are talking about. I came across Faustus in English Lit in college, in the Marlowe play. From there I went to the old Faustbuch. What gay poo poo are you babbling about?

yo chill, video games

thought the dude from the play was just faust, not faustus

congratulations

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm so riled right now I could

Dewgy posted:

yo chill, video games

thought the dude from the play was just faust, not faustus

congratulations

Silly Dewgy, you know gibbis hates video games. And everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'm so riled right now I could

post more

• Locked thread