Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Doltos posted:

God drat do I love this website. Just watched the Nebraska game and the guy is a smart player but a total flicker. Terrible throwing motion but gets accurate passes, that will probably make him inconsistent in the long term.
Yeah, watching that right now and that's my impression. Good arm but he likes to Favre it in there and his motion is goofy as gently caress. That mobility is really fun to watch though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Austin Seferian-Jenkins confirmed he's declaring, in case there was still any doubt

@Softykjr Austin Seferian-Jenkins just told me today was his last game at UW.

ASJ had a down year statistically , but his measurables are off the charts. I think he could easily get back into the first-round conversation with a big Combine and pro day.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

commy gun posted:

That mouyth guard looks like a pacifier,. Clowney is a big, black, muscley toddler.

RD what was your prediction on RG3 I must tell the masses.

Arian Foster has just as big a mouthguard

TMQ tells me this type of guard helps prevent concussions?

swickles posted:

To be fair this is like the first time I have seen a black QB compared to a non-black QB, so progress!

I saw a lot of Luck/Newton comparisons :shobon: But that might have just been in TFF now that I think about it. Also IIRC it was mostly "Luck is just as big and fast as Newton AND is actually a good thrower of the ball" so nevermind!

Intruder fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Dec 28, 2013

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
All the cool kids compare Wilson to Brees and Newton to a non-rape-y Roethlisberger.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Newton is much faster than Roethlisberger. EJ Manuel (and now Jameis Winston) get compared to Ben tho

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I go out of my way to compare white WRs with black WRs

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i don't know if "less of a friend of the family" is really a comparison you racist piece of poo poo!!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rap posted:

i don't know if "less of a friend of the family" is really a comparison you racist piece of poo poo!!!!

One time I was describing how Jordy Nelson wasn't a typical white WR to a coworker and I used the phrase "has the rear end and thighs of a black guy". It's hard to backspace stuff when you're talking out loud

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
One of the hardest things about Jason Campbell starting for the Browns is announcers asserting he has "mobility" and just thinking, well, not at all, but gently caress we just started Brandon Weeden so I guess they're kinda right

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Doltos posted:

the rear end and thighs of a black guy

please dont post my search history

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I never really got the Wilson-Brees comparison either. He's more like Seneca Wallace but good or Antwaan Randle-El that never gave up quarterbacking

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
The Daltos Game is walking crowded streets with your head bobbing up and down, constantly guessing the race of the people in front of you based on rear end, Thighs or Both (half credit)

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Rap posted:

The Daltos Game is walking crowded streets with your head bobbing up and down, constantly guessing the race of the people in front of you based on rear end, Thighs or Both (half credit)

I've unknowingly been playing this game for the last 10 years... Or at least half of it.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

I never really got the Wilson-Brees comparison either. He's more like Seneca Wallace but good or Antwaan Randle-El that never gave up quarterbacking

I thought we already discussed this, he's Fran Tarkenton. Even Kornheiser made that comparison several times this season.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He's a bit swole to be Tarkenton. He's Tebow's ceiling, but a little shorter and more bullshit.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
What do you call the half-and-half: Thunder-thighs plus cracker-booty, and bubble-butt plus chicken legs?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kickers.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Intruder posted:

Arian Foster has just as big a mouthguard

TMQ tells me this type of guard helps prevent concussions?

If something is hitting you in the mouth/jaw area hard enough to jostle your brain I don't think there's much any mouthpiece could do about it.

Panthers are playoff-bound for the first time in five years; it's really weird to hardly ever frequent this thread in December. I can't really lose, since if LaFell/Ginn showed enough to not draft a receiver in the first round our secondary's bad enough to warrant a pick there.

I've heard and seen a lot about Clinton-Dix, but who's behind him on the safety list? Is Dennard out of Michigan State the real deal?

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

oldskool posted:

If something is hitting you in the mouth/jaw area hard enough to jostle your brain I don't think there's much any mouthpiece could do about it.

It acts as a shock absorber for any forces travelling in a vertical vector through the chin. Considering the helmet is secured to the head via chinstrap, this happens a lot! Especially since the cause of many of the mental health issues among older players are actually the result of the culmination of hundreds of micro concussions you'd wonder why it wasn't mandatory but welp wouldn't want our burly manly men looking like babies!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Here's your chance to see Bridgewater in action. Game starts at 6:45est against a solid Miami team.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Here's your chance to see Bridgewater in action. Game starts at 6:45est against a solid Miami team.

Also Stephen Morris, although I think he's kind of a poor prospect.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Doltos posted:

Also Stephen Morris, although I think he's kind of a poor prospect.

Yeah, Stephen Morris could be a good second day QB just on potential alone. Needs some good coaching, though.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 29, 2013

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Bridgewater looks pretty good tonight.

Dusseldorf posted:

What do you call the half-and-half: Thunder-thighs plus cracker-booty, and bubble-butt plus chicken legs?

"Unfortunate"

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Stephen Morris has looked beyond terrible. Passing up running for a first down to chuck the ball out of bounds. The next play he chucks a horrible rainbow into double coverage.

Not to say Teddy isn't the truth, but Miami's defense is really really bad.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yeah but Teddy took a dump on Florida last year.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Your avatar combined with this post is just so magical.

Content: My buddy is a huge Louisville fan and is dead set that he is the next football Jesus for whichever team picks him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

TheBizzness posted:

Not to say Teddy isn't the truth, but Miami's defense is really really bad.

That's not fair, Bridgewater is just very good and Miami's offense blew every drive. There were multiple times where Morris got the ball inside Louisville territory and did nothing with it. Their run game was miserable.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Anyone have thoughts on Ty Zimmerman? I think Bewbies had him graded around the third round when he wrote this up and I don't really follow enough to know if he's been able to help himself any since then or not.

He sure does get mentioned a lot when K State plays though.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Doltos posted:

That's not fair, Bridgewater is just very good and Miami's offense blew every drive. There were multiple times where Morris got the ball inside Louisville territory and did nothing with it. Their run game was miserable.

Have you watched a Miami game this year aside from this one? They gave up 500 yards of offense in 6 straight games to end the season including to powerhouse teams like Virginia, Pitt, And Virginia Tech.

I thought prefacing my statement would save me some grief because the only point I was trying to get across is that Miami has a terrible defense.

And if teams don't overrate his combine (they probably will) Stephen Morris probably played his way into UDFA territory.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You know Texans fans, you could do a hell of a lot worse than Bill O'Brien as a head coach with Bridgewater as the franchise quarterback. :getin:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

TheBizzness posted:

Have you watched a Miami game this year aside from this one? They gave up 500 yards of offense in 6 straight games to end the season including to powerhouse teams like Virginia, Pitt, And Virginia Tech.

I thought prefacing my statement would save me some grief because the only point I was trying to get across is that Miami has a terrible defense.

And if teams don't overrate his combine (they probably will) Stephen Morris probably played his way into UDFA territory.

They also held Florida to 16 points. Regardless the point is that the defense was hung out to dry several times throughout the game by that terrible offense. Bridgewater also played fantastic.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

jeffersonlives posted:

KJI obviously does a lot more closely than I do and Daltos might too, but sure, I try to. I'm not sure Coleman's going to run all that well, although his speed plays up a bit in game situations, I don't love how he catches the ball, not even just hands but his body positioning can get weird especially in traffic, and he's had a down 2013 which I think in fairness is to some extent due to some rather severe overall offensive and passing game issues more than Coleman specifically. On the positive side, you can't teach that type of frame and athleticism, and he has good football instincts and blocks well and runs nice clean routes and those sorts of things. I'd probably tag a mid-late second round type grade on him now but he has a fairly wide range depending on how he works out, he's kind of a cool prospect and one of those guys where you can see abilities that would make him a better pro than a college player.

Coleman's a long strider. He'll run a good time. He was hurt most of this year. He's like a rich man's Stephen Hill (keep in mind I was screaming Hill went two rounds too early.) He has the frame you want, and is honestly too understated in personality. I don't think he plays very physical and he takes a lot of plays off.

Like, let's compare him to Tim Wright, who I loved last year, but didn't think any NFL team would touch because of his two ACL tears. Tim Wright plays 20x as hard as Coleman does, and that's why he's been so successful as UDFA. I want that, I want going over the middle for a guy his size. It's not his game though. Pretty much every time I see a Demaryius Thomas highlight it's from a Go route, and he can have that ceiling, sure.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Coleman literally didn't fight for any ball thrown his way today. He looked awful. Looked slow to react to the football as well. Didn't really play up to his frame.

Bridgewater looked great and rained down some beautiful teardrops with perfect placement, and also showed some running ability and upper body strength that you don't see often with him (I think he only has like 50 rushing yards on the season? I didn't google it but I should).

e: (it was 54)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 29, 2013

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Doltos posted:

They also held Florida to 16 points. Regardless the point is that the defense was hung out to dry several times throughout the game by that terrible offense. Bridgewater also played fantastic.

Are you calling giving up 16 points to the 2013 Florida Gators an accomplishment?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Groucho Marxist posted:

Are you calling giving up 16 points to the 2013 Florida Gators an accomplishment?

At the time it was a big deal.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

TheBizzness posted:

FSU completely broke them.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

:laffo: No way, no how.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

:laffo: No way, no how.

It was pretty significant at the time. Despite Florida playing like poo poo most of the year they were an 11-1 SEC team who had beaten a bunch of ranked opponents. It looks sillier in retrospect seeing how badly Florida did this year, but at the time it was a signature win for the program and Teddy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

oldskool posted:

I've heard and seen a lot about Clinton-Dix, but who's behind him on the safety list? Is Dennard out of Michigan State the real deal?
Dennard is a corner. Unless that's supposed to be an entirely separate question, in which case yes, Dennard is Real Good.

What about the other corners in this draft? The Lions are, as usual, in the market for one. Has Ifo Ekpre-Olomu lived up to his hype?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Doltos posted:

The win itself was seen as impressive, not holding a Jeff Driskel led offense to 16 points.

• Locked thread