Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Jedrick posted:

check out these bad boys

lol i wonder what sperg lord these belong to

edit: why even have multiples of the same guitar? poo poo's guitarded.

Don't be so judgmental. It's the same reason people with autism love trains. They crave familiarity and predictability, and they are upset by change. Trains always follow the tracks, and they find that soothing. If one guitar sounded too different from the other the owner of that collection would fly into a destructive retard strength rage, like you can see in this photo of a startled Steve Vai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
I'm pretty sure other instruments don't have the sheer amount of awful slavish spergs that guitars do. Pianists will have like 3 pianos in their lifetime if they're lucky. Flutists will have a handful. Guitar threads are never about music but instead always about new gear. Just a few observations, op.

Dec 26, 2012

he really needs to sit out of the sun for awhile or something

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
We call it GAS: Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

I am OK posted:

I'm pretty sure other instruments don't have the sheer amount of awful slavish spergs that guitars do. Pianists will have like 3 pianos in their lifetime if they're lucky. Flutists will have a handful. Guitar threads are never about music but instead always about new gear. Just a few observations, op.

Synthesizers definitely have slavish spergs, too.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dec 26, 2012

lol

Dec 26, 2012

could use a vine up the fingerboard though

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

The Monkey Man posted:

I forgot about those guys. Spend the money on music lessons instead imo.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

The Monkey Man posted:

drums too

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Motherfucker posted:

I like anything white.

Racist.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

01011001 posted:

could use a vine up the fingerboard though

i wanted to put a floral pattern on the body also but gently caress spending the time looking up how to do that

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Hey guys if I spent £1000 on this bit of kit will it make me sound better

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
i have a guild d-55 that's a pretty expensive but not like gotta take out a second mortgage expensive guitar

it doesn't make you sound better but it's a well made instrument and i have no desire to own any other acoustic despite having bought it like 15 years ago

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I am OK posted:

Hey guys if I spent £1000 on this bit of kit will it make me sound better

*plays a Blues scale in E*

Oh yeah... beautiful.

*puts guitar away for next two weeks*

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I am OK posted:

why would a flutist buy so many pianos??

Dec 26, 2012

to be fair a handful of pianos is usually somewhere around 0

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Monkey Man posted:

what about people like me who want to play guitar synthesizers

Lord Lilf
Aug 12, 2007

by exmarx
Posting pics of my pen-...guitars.

My baby: an ESP Horizon tuned to C#

An LTD H1007 that I adore just as much. My first seven-string and now I'm not sure how I ever played guitars with fewer strings.
Regular ol' tuning for this one:

I'm also using a Randall RM100 head and a marshall slant cab with only a handful effects pedals. I keep poo poo minimal.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

how does a drum sperg even work? their equipment is too much to become a collector

ZombieParts fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 29, 2013

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Lord Lilf posted:

An LTD H1007 that I adore just as much. My first seven-string and now I'm not sure how I ever played guitars with fewer strings.

I'm also using a Randall RM100 head and a marshall slant cab with only a handful effects pedals. I keep poo poo minimal.

neither of those guitars are particularly ugly get the gently caress out

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ZombieParts posted:

how does a drum sperg even work? their equipment is too much to become a collector

cymbals, noisemakers, new hardware

poo poo adds up

home studio stuff gets into that territory pretty quick as well

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Lord Lilf posted:

Nice!

(sorry, quoted wrong post!)

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 29, 2013

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Lord Lilf posted:

you are posting in the wrong thread sir.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Lord Lilf
Aug 12, 2007

by exmarx

Box of Trial posted:

neither of those guitars are particularly ugly get the gently caress out

My posting is ugly, does that count?

Edit: Content

Lord Lilf fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 29, 2013

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Lord Lilf posted:

i just have one complaint about the non-metal, pointy ESP/LTD guitars... do they have to put the loving model number inlayed on the 12th fret?

kinda tacky sometimes, innit?

Lord Lilf
Aug 12, 2007

by exmarx

Harry in Rio posted:

i just have one complaint about the non-metal, pointy ESP/LTD guitars... do they have to put the loving model number inlayed on the 12th fret?

It looks a little off at first but honestly I prefer it to the dots. (but yes it is very tacky).

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Touche!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Harry in Rio posted:

i think they only do that on the ltd models. the esp ones just say esp on the 12th fret inlay

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

why the gently caress did you dickheads call him back here. you know he's like beetlejuice.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

why the gently caress did you dickheads call him back here. you know he's like beetlejuice.

Settle down, I'm chill.

I am curious, though.

Xen Tricks did my answer to your question about guitar electronics enlighten you at all, or was it not a serious question, or did my answer lack the information you needed? I noticed it didn't exactly sway some people who don't think all similar-looking guitars with H/S/H electronics might actually possess characteristics sufficiently different to warrant having more than one.

Can't please everybody.

[edit]Said the opposite of what I meant, fixed.[/edit]

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 29, 2013

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fuckin lol

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

I am OK posted:

I forgot about those guys. Spend the money on music lessons instead imo.

I met a trombonist on the street in the New Orleans and he had like twenty trombones

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH
cringeworthy posting ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolek
May 1, 2003

bunky posted:

lookin like beetlejuice's got about a 3 minute lead time sweet

• Locked thread