Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I've done it. I have achieved Scrubthor singularity.

Yes, I mulliganed it and ended up trashing him. Ain't no better feeling than removing three Wolf Captains in a row. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Played a real winner tonight in JP, naturally he was using the WC deck.

Anyone know what he's saying? I caught dirty jew and that's about it.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Uh...I hope you reported that dude.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Control Volume posted:

c:
h: dirty jew
h: off to the chamber and take a deep breath you wanker
c:
h: gently caress you son of a jew
h: you parents are siblings
c:

etc.

Something like that.

e: fixed something

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 30, 2013

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I didn't even know you could report people in this game.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
To be honest I'm not certain you can but if you can "this dude is literally a Nazi" is a good reason.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

JoshTheStampede posted:

To be honest I'm not certain you can but if you can "this dude is literally a Nazi" is a good reason.

"This dude is literally a Nazi in a country where it is illegal to be a Nazi" is an even better one. You don't ask Ubi to deal with that in-game, you ask them to pass his details onto the police.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

Jedit posted:

"This dude is literally a Nazi in a country where it is illegal to be a Nazi" is an even better one. You don't ask Ubi to deal with that in-game, you ask them to pass his details onto the police.

If only ubi gave us the tools to report people. :smith:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Fallorn posted:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/769059-I-want-to-report-a-player-What-do-I-do

Have at it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fallorn posted:

Fairly sure anyone who cares can use this link. Their support system even allows attaching screenshots.

e: heh, beaten

Might as well ask people to add me for the achievement?

Ubi name: justivo

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Control Volume posted:

you win this week's rear end in a top hat screenshot of the week contest.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

Fairly sure anyone who cares can use this link. Their support system even allows attaching screenshots.

e: heh, beaten

Might as well ask people to add me for the achievement?

Ubi name: justivo

I just tried to friend you wanna do the practice game achievement?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

HBNRW posted:

I've been refining that Cripple Stall deck by adding a couple of Cosmic Singularities and dropping a bunch of creatures. Now it stalls till my big spells come out where I just lock everything down instantly. When it works, it results in many different responses.

:ohdear:

Hey, I just ran into this guy on my alternate account!

The rear end in a top hat won on 1 HP because he topdecked a magic peddler into forbidden flame. :(

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I saved enough seals for the WC deck and jumped 300 elo and still rising.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Quick question, is there any reason to buy The Box over a box of any of the other sets if I already have the base set unlocked in the Altar?

Fallorn posted:

I saved enough seals for the WC deck and jumped 300 elo and still rising.

I did the same and have won all but two of my games since. I'm sitting at 814 right now.

The funniest thing is that three people have surrendered as soon as they see my hero and the turn one Goblin Scout. It's almost like they know! :v:

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

Quick question, is there any reason to buy The Box over a box of any of the other sets if I already have the base set unlocked in the Altar?

I did the same and have won all but two of my games since. I'm sitting at 814 right now.

The funniest thing is that three people have surrendered as soon as they see my hero and the turn one Goblin Scout. It's almost like they know! :v:

I got that but It was turn 1 DA turn 2 DA turn 3 DA goblin scout.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

The Shortest Path posted:

Basically no one played Acamas at all before that deck came out. I had never seen one in the wild before that.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Its not even that great a deck in the current meta. I mean its good, but you can make better with a few card subs. People that play that deck straight are at a pretty big disadvantage.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Acamas's main strength was Manastorm, with that nerf it's not as strong. The meta is irrelevant since almost any Hero is good enough, but that nerf really affected the decks that relied on Manastorm to delay Forbidden Flame by a turn or two.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I just won a match against a guy who killed himself. He had 1 hp left, manastorm was out, and he decided to play Soulreaver with only 4 resources left.

e: 2 games later a fine fellow named SS.Oficcer [sic] does it with a firebolt. :psyduck:

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 31, 2013

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

Control Volume posted:

I just won a match against a guy who killed himself. He had 1 hp left, manastorm was out, and he decided to play Soulreaver with only 4 resources left.

e: 2 games later a fine fellow named SS.Oficcer [sic] does it with a firebolt. :psyduck:

The SS just has to go out with a bang. Also how did they nerf manastorm? Also isn't one of the hero's strengths the fact he has 2 atk 0 mag 1 fate? This lets him gold pile into a 3 atk require first turn if it goes second.

Fallorn fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 31, 2013

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fallorn posted:

The SS just has to go out with a bang. Also how did they nerf manastorm?

Manastorm was pre-nerf straight-up raised the cost of a spell by 1. So if you have a Forbidden Flame ready on turn 5 but there's two Manastorms out, you are hosed because that cost 6. That really made Ishuma and Crag Hack so dominant.

"Oh, this Firebolt on turn 2? Can't hit the Dark Assassin because there's two Manastorms out. GG"

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

Tae posted:

Manastorm was pre-nerf straight-up raised the cost of a spell by 1. So if you have a Forbidden Flame ready on turn 5 but there's two Manastorms out, you are hosed because that cost 6. That really made Ishuma and Crag Hack so dominant.

"Oh, this Firebolt on turn 2? Can't hit the Dark Assassin because there's two Manastorms out. GG"

I don't see why people give up so easy. I was at 3 like with Hakeem and stabalized, held off long enough to deck them and watch them cry because they kept killing the wrong things.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

pixaal posted:

Its not even that great a deck in the current meta. I mean its good, but you can make better with a few card subs. People that play that deck straight are at a pretty big disadvantage.

I may just bad at this game but for the most part I haven't noticed a big change in my wins vs losses. The WC deck (modified from stock) is definitely more honed and creature focused than what I had previously, but winning still depends on the type of deck you face and how quickly you can spit dudes out onto the battleground. If your opponent has good removal or has a good control/mill deck than you can get screwed pretty easily.

I think I'll modify it into a Spellthor deck once I get some decent fire spells (and Forbidden Flame).

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Control Volume posted:

I also killed myself in a similar manner the other day except I used a Dark Assasin with 1 hp left. I could have easily killed my opponent too, but noooo, I wanted to use all my creatures first to kill more of his blockers to get more gold. I've rarely felt so stupid in this game.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Mr.48 posted:

I also killed myself in a similar manner the other day except I used a Dark Assasin with 1 hp left. I could have easily killed my opponent too, but noooo, I wanted to use all my creatures first to kill more of his blockers to get more gold. I've rarely felt so stupid in this game.

I've done this exact same thing, but at least it was on purpose. I die on my terms!

In other news, I started an alternate account to give Haven a spin. While I rocketed to the 500 bracket with ease, I'm getting completely trampled now. My deck has no tools to deal with anything with 6+ HP, and wolf captains are loving expensive. :gonk:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Running a Haven deck without wolf captains these days seems like running a Necro deck without decay spitters.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Is there any way to build a useful deck around blade mages or is there a reason I never see anyone else using them?

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Wolf Captains are the best target for Fireballs ever.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

The Fool posted:

Is there any way to build a useful deck around blade mages or is there a reason I never see anyone else using them?

I made some one rage so hard because of blade mage and stone shield and hasaaf making all their creatures useless. I mean REALLY REALLY mad.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Control Volume posted:

Running a Haven deck without wolf captains these days seems like running a Necro deck without decay spitters.

:smith:

I don't have that expansion unlocked yet. I bought a box with my levels 1-10 seals and got 0 Decay Spitters.

I'm forced to use Moonsilk Spinners instead. There's no ETB bonus, but they're very effective at locking down their lane.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Promoted Pawn posted:

:smith:

I don't have that expansion unlocked yet. I bought a box with my levels 1-10 seals and got 0 Decay Spitters.

I'm forced to use Moonsilk Spinners instead. There's no ETB bonus, but they're very effective at locking down their lane.

Yeah ive probably gone through 15 or so Herald of the Void packs and only pulled out 1 Decay Spitter. This is getting super annoying since I'm trying to build a good Necro deck, but I just have no luck with the random packs.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
I decided on a whim to completely mangle my Nergal deck and remove all spells and fortunes from it and just jam some more creatures in with a might requirement of 4 or less and I've actually started winning more at 650 ish MMR. How sad is that, a deck I put thought into isn't as good as me playing literally only creatures and just mashing poo poo in until I reach the might limit.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Liu posted:

I decided on a whim to completely mangle my Nergal deck and remove all spells and fortunes from it and just jam some more creatures in with a might requirement of 4 or less and I've actually started winning more at 650 ish MMR. How sad is that, a deck I put thought into isn't as good as me playing literally only creatures and just mashing poo poo in until I reach the might limit.

I went through the same thing with my Arianna deck. It was originally a mid-late control/fatty 6/6/4 deck, then I trimmed it done to a 5/4/0 with almost nothing but efficient 2-4 cost creatures and a few kill spells, and I suddenly jumped up from 500 to ~800. This game really reinforces the fact that less is more when it comes to deck construction.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Liu posted:

Welcome to CCGs.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

thylacine posted:

Wolf Captains are the best target for Fireballs ever.

I dunno, sanctuary HonorSharks are pretty tempting targets too.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

JoshTheStampede posted:

I dunno, sanctuary HonorSharks are pretty tempting targets too.

Yeah my honorsharks always get fireballed :smith:

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Ahaha so it turns out Contagion CAN jump the center lane and infect your own troops. This provided a great moment of comedy in a match that was already headed down the tubes.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Fallorn posted:

I made some one rage so hard because of blade mage and stone shield and hasaaf making all their creatures useless. I mean REALLY REALLY mad.

When they get rolling, they are really cool. I just need to figure out a better way to survive until turn 8-10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

Promoted Pawn posted:

I went through the same thing with my Arianna deck. It was originally a mid-late control/fatty 6/6/4 deck, then I trimmed it done to a 5/4/0 with almost nothing but efficient 2-4 cost creatures and a few kill spells, and I suddenly jumped up from 500 to ~800. This game really reinforces the fact that less is more when it comes to deck construction.

What scares me, is that I don't even have any decay spitters, and I only have one trapper spider. I wonder how well I'd do with all the good necro creatures. Also I only have 2 Paos and 1 DA. I think I coulod reach 1k elo. With literally 0 spells or fortunes.

Also I've decided to switch to Adar-Malik when possible, I've decided that spells which relocate creatures like town portal just aren't as good as spells which instantly kill enemy creatures like those of the Dark school and Fire school.

• Locked thread