Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah I thought so/feared as much.

Like a space-sim (XWing, Wing Commander, whatever) except you do everything with a bunch of people.

Combine a Dungeon Master element somehow and some plot.. you send an away team and make decisions and do other stuff.. now that would be rad. The whole thing (for me) about the Trek bridge and the people on it is the really interesting stuff happens aside the pew pew, do we go down there or not? people I need SUGGESTIONS here! does that alien want us all dead or is it just trying to communicate? Sir, despite the Federation markings on that vessel.. it's not dropping it's shields..

Otherwise it's like WoW or something after a couple of runs. Ok I shoot this thing, then you heal, then Bob casts his Orb of Bullshit and then I shoot the thing again.. then you heal..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
STO had away missions, plot, and even custom missions! The away missions were hot, steaming piles of targ manure.

Space combat was pretty sweet though. And I hear the RP is majestic.

Great_Gerbil
Sep 1, 2006
Rhombomys opimus

Knormal posted:

Nah, I want something where I can fly real Star Trek ships around. I'm the worst kind of nerd and want something in-universe even if the other games are better or more realistic, something where I can actually put all this useless knowledge about starship classes and Trek technology clogging up my brain to use.

This is the game you're looking for. Star Trek: Encounters. It got terrible reviews and some of the game is, admittedly, tedious.

But it's reliant on you rerouting energy from one system to another and doing generally trekky things like that. Some missions depend on focusing on your defense systems, some on your engines, or other systems.

It's a neat idea and I enjoyed it for what it was. No idea how you'd get a copy, though. I've got one but no PS2 or PS3 to play it on.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Tighclops posted:

That's ok, JJTrek is better suited to mindless shootemups. Although Elite Force was fun as hell even though it was Voyager.

They can't even get that right! The last JJTrek game was a total loving bomb because it was so buggy and lovely.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Tony Montana posted:

Describe it to me. What do you do? Are the missions cool? Is it just 'there is a ship, pew pew time' or is there some Treky poo poo in there?

Okay, you've played the old mainframe Star Trek game, right? The one which is basically go find Klingons, blow them up, replenish at starbases?

The base Artemis scenario is basically a real-time version of that, only you have to coordinate with fellow players, because each person mans one bridge station. So your helmsman can move the ship into position, the engineer can throw more power at the phasers, and the weapons officer can say "lol gently caress that" and launch torpedoes instead. Great LAN party game.

That said, the game is supposed to have support for more complex missions than that - in fact, you can craft missions where a "game master" can manually trigger certain events. I haven't kept up on it though so I don't know if any good missions have actually been built/made available yet.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."
Drinking is pretty much required to play Artemis correctly. When I played it with a bunch of friends none of us knew what we were doing at first and we jumped into a heavy combat scenario. We failed but decided to try something easier. Drinking and playing musical chairs with the stations worked the best.

Be sure to bring a manual steering column for the helmsman.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

STNG Rescue! was another great star trek game. It mostly consisted of hoping you've got enough ships together to make a last stand at a Starbase against the Borg cube because your friend keeps giving you bad instructions on how to get the phaser cannon. :allears:

Another great is the Star Trek 25th Anniversary game. Had a bunch of adventure-game like ground missions in the spirit of TOS episodes (plenty of space mysteries and dead redshirts), interspaced with flying around fighting other ships from the bridge of the Enterprise. The ship combat has locational damage, so if your sensors get hit your view screen is covered in static, and if phasers or torpedoes get hit you can't shoot them, and you can also allocate emergency power to sub-systems. The game also has complete voice acting form all the original cast.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pretty sure that was the first star trek game that I owned, and that I got it from a dealers room at some lovely convention I got dragged to when I was a young one

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Another great is the Star Trek 25th Anniversary game. Had a bunch of adventure-game like ground missions in the spirit of TOS episodes (plenty of space mysteries and dead redshirts), interspaced with flying around fighting other ships from the bridge of the Enterprise. The ship combat has locational damage, so if your sensors get hit your view screen is covered in static, and if phasers or torpedoes get hit you can't shoot them, and you can also allocate emergency power to sub-systems. The game also has complete voice acting form all the original cast.

This really is a terrific game.

I have a copy of this pristine in a box that I was planning on selling on eBay very soon. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DemeaninDemon posted:

STO had away missions, plot, and even custom missions! The away missions were hot, steaming piles of targ manure.

Space combat was pretty sweet though. And I hear the RP is majestic.

This remains one of the great works of modern man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gwCmfLxIcw

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Okay, you've played the old mainframe Star Trek game, right?

Haha no I have not. Possibly due to my lack of a mainframe.

Star Trek 25th Anniversary game

Wow. Amiga.. it was released on the Amiga. How can I not know about this, I was 12.. I had an Amiga. I could probably find a ROM and emulate the Amiga and play this.. I think I'll give it a look

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm pretty sure only the PC CD-ROM version had the full voice acting.

I have a copy of Star Trek: Klingon Academy, the old Interplay FMV game starring Christopher Plummer as Chang. It plays sort of like Independence War where you have a bunch of bridge stations to manually control or boss around the AI to do it for you. The coolest parts though were the 900-page spiral-bound manual written from an in-universe perspective and also a locational damage system that let you manually aim disruptors and phasers to tear apart enemy ships like Bridge Commander.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Even though it was more pew pew than trek, I always really liked Star Trek Bridge Commander. It had power management, missions, and multiplayer (I think).

But it always resulted in boiling it down to using a multidirectional steering device to shoot the enemy to death.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Don't forget Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator! This was the classic early-80's color vector graphics game that was ported to a variety of home versions. But I really liked the arcade version. It had terrible speech synthesis and a cool photon torpedo sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U57gfgL4L0g

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Number_6 posted:

Don't forget Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator! This was the classic early-80's color vector graphics game that was ported to a variety of home versions. But I really liked the arcade version. It had terrible speech synthesis and a cool photon torpedo sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U57gfgL4L0g

Did this guy try to have you assassinated after you got really good at it?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The game also has complete voice acting form all the original cast.

Goddamnit, somewhere out there there's a vault with all the unused voice work for Secret of Vulcan Fury.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Thwomp posted:

Bridge Commander

Me too. I sat in the chair and ordered people around. I was sitting in the chair in first person perspective. There were missions to do. I never took manual control of the ship, although the Internet told me it was the way to go.. because I was the Captain. I told my guys and they did the pew pew (it's Trek not Wing Commander).

Bridge Commander remains my favorite.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I've always had a soft spot for Echoes From The Past, specifically the Sega Genesis version.

It struck a pretty decent balance between the relatively feature-rich PC games of the time and the technical limitations of the console hardware. It wasn't exactly pretty, and the controls were often kind of terrible, but it still had an oddly large world to explore (you could punch in coordinates to just about any planet in the sector and go visiting, even if there was nothing to see there) and a surprising amount of resource management. Damage taken to various systems in battle would require assigning engineering teams for repairs, otherwise your viewscreen would go all fuzzy, you'd lose your warp capability, all kinds of stuff. I think I prefer that to the usual power level adjustments in other Trek games, personally.

You could also talk your way out of most fights, and a ton of viewscreen conversations had dialogue trees. Or you could just go in guns blazing without answering hails at all and get scolded for it in the ready room afterwards.

There was some solid puzzle gameplay on the ground as well, with a good selection of crew for away teams. More attention to detail here: Geordi and Data see differently from the others when you play as them, sometimes seeing special items and stuff. And if you lost too many people to horta attacks or whatever you'd eventually give Picard enough headaches for a game over. :v:

For whatever reason, the SNES version was called Future's Past and wasn't as good. I could be misremembering, but I think it stripped out a bunch of features, particularly the dialogue options, forcing the player to rely more on combat. That janky-rear end combat. The ground maps were also different, arcadey health pickups were added, the music was no longer powered by the kickin' rad Genesis soundchip (I'd kill for a few tracks on YouTube without the nasal LP commentary), and perhaps most inexplicably, the Vulcan scientist at the beginning went from a T'Pau to a T'Pol. So that was weird.

Give it a spin if you can. This and the Deep Space Nine game get overlooked a lot, perhaps rightfully so in some ways, but the good stuff generally outweighs the bad. I think I'd rather dig my Genesis out of the closet and give Echoes another run than play any of the modern Trek games at this point.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Has nobody played the Starfleet Command games? That should satisfy your need for spergy real-time spreadsheet management.

Seen here balancing the need to charge my torpedo tubes and power the warp drive. I would have caught it in a more power-hungry state but the phaser capacitor had already finished charging. The Constitution series has a pretty forgiving power curve except for the massive phaser capacitor.

Some Klingons trying to miscegenate all over my pure Federation freighters.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Tony Montana posted:

Me too. I sat in the chair and ordered people around. I was sitting in the chair in first person perspective. There were missions to do. I never took manual control of the ship, although the Internet told me it was the way to go.. because I was the Captain. I told my guys and they did the pew pew (it's Trek not Wing Commander).

Bridge Commander remains my favorite.

Get enough people and you can do that with Artemis with the added bonus of throwing jelly babies at the head of your engineer when they're too drunk to get the power balance right. Man I'd love to be able to get enough people locally for a game.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
A DM module would make so much sense.

It's another station, so the DM sits aside on his own laptop hooked into the fun. He's got all the set battles and scenarios and stuff at his fingertips. He can set damage and preset conditions to your ship prior to launching the scenario.

Then he just trips balls, perhaps harking back to some TOS or something and gives you stuff happening, launching appropriate battles at the right times. He could RP an alien and communciate with the Captian.. if he doesn't like how it goes 10 baddies appear and a fight ensues or if the Captian isn't a dick something else happens.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Picard being assimilated was a way to potentially write Patrick Stewart off the show as he and Paramount were having a contract dispute and Paramount wanted to be ready to let him go if necessary. Since they didn't let him go, they had to be able to incorporate him back into the show. The episode after BOBW, Family, was actually the result of the writers and producers vehemently arguing that they really couldn't just mash the reset button after such a traumatic experience.

That said, drat dude, you'd just cold space the guy? Not mandatory retirement from Starfleet active duty and reassignment to a defense think tank, not a lifetime pension and therapy, just *pfft* out the window or stuck in an interrogation chamber forever? If Star Trek can't be the advocate for at least attempting to behave ethically, who can?

Well, I wouldn't be that cold. It was more a comment on where sci fi is now compared to where it was in the 1980's/1990's. If such a thing were to happen in a show these days, post-BSG, the poor guy would be flushed out the nearest airlock. I'm not saying it's right, but it is what it is. I guess I mean it as more a critique of current sci fi, and how we could probably use a swing back toward more idealistic sci fi, like old Trek.

But about Trek games chat: I recently got into FTL, and while it's not in-universe, it has tons of little winking Trek references. It's much more Trek-y than any other sci fi universe I can name, and it scratches that itch to die in space play a tactical space combat sim.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Delsaber posted:

I've always had a soft spot for Echoes From The Past, specifically the Sega Genesis version.

It struck a pretty decent balance between the relatively feature-rich PC games of the time and the technical limitations of the console hardware. It wasn't exactly pretty, and the controls were often kind of terrible, but it still had an oddly large world to explore (you could punch in coordinates to just about any planet in the sector and go visiting, even if there was nothing to see there) and a surprising amount of resource management. Damage taken to various systems in battle would require assigning engineering teams for repairs, otherwise your viewscreen would go all fuzzy, you'd lose your warp capability, all kinds of stuff. I think I prefer that to the usual power level adjustments in other Trek games, personally.

You could also talk your way out of most fights, and a ton of viewscreen conversations had dialogue trees. Or you could just go in guns blazing without answering hails at all and get scolded for it in the ready room afterwards.

There was some solid puzzle gameplay on the ground as well, with a good selection of crew for away teams. More attention to detail here: Geordi and Data see differently from the others when you play as them, sometimes seeing special items and stuff. And if you lost too many people to horta attacks or whatever you'd eventually give Picard enough headaches for a game over. :v:

For whatever reason, the SNES version was called Future's Past and wasn't as good. I could be misremembering, but I think it stripped out a bunch of features, particularly the dialogue options, forcing the player to rely more on combat. That janky-rear end combat. The ground maps were also different, arcadey health pickups were added, the music was no longer powered by the kickin' rad Genesis soundchip (I'd kill for a few tracks on YouTube without the nasal LP commentary), and perhaps most inexplicably, the Vulcan scientist at the beginning went from a T'Pau to a T'Pol. So that was weird.

Give it a spin if you can. This and the Deep Space Nine game get overlooked a lot, perhaps rightfully so in some ways, but the good stuff generally outweighs the bad. I think I'd rather dig my Genesis out of the closet and give Echoes another run than play any of the modern Trek games at this point.

I remember renting this game every other week when I was a kid and Blockbuster still existed. I never actually figured anything out and I'm pretty sure I only ever was able to complete the first mission or two but I sure remember loving going around and blasting ships in that weird top down thing until I ran out of torpedoes or died and had to restart because I had no idea Starbases or damage repair existed. I also recall not being able to figure out how to exit the battle screen when the other ship was surrendering so I always just had to kill them.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Railing Kill posted:

But about Trek games chat: I recently got into FTL, and while it's not in-universe, it has tons of little winking Trek references. It's much more Trek-y than any other sci fi universe I can name, and it scratches that itch to die in space play a tactical space combat sim.

yeah I bought FTL in the last week or so, it was on sale for 5 bucks. Great fun, highly recommend it.. it's all there, the transporters, torpedos, phasers/lasers, little snippets of ploty action. If you're looking for something to play, give it a go. Great game to have on your laptop for a flight or something like that.

Modding it seems easy, there is a tool now. If you really wanna get Trekky there is OF COURSE the total conversion mod :) Any game, in any way, associated with space (or totally not even sometimes) will have a total conversion mod made for it by some sperglord enabling you to Picard it up in a medieval RPG or whatever. It is known.

Anyways, this one looks pretty good.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 30, 2013

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Railing Kill posted:

Well, I wouldn't be that cold. It was more a comment on where sci fi is now compared to where it was in the 1980's/1990's. If such a thing were to happen in a show these days, post-BSG, the poor guy would be flushed out the nearest airlock. I'm not saying it's right, but it is what it is. I guess I mean it as more a critique of current sci fi, and how we could probably use a swing back toward more idealistic sci fi, like old Trek.

I can totally understand wanting to knock the bloom off the utopian Federation, but one of the strengths of DS9 is that they did that without sacrificing the Federation to the altar of "Dark and Gritty". I realize we're in a cynical age, but to paraphrase Farmer Crack-rear end, if you can't do optimism in Trek, why do Trek at all?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

I remember renting this game every other week when I was a kid and Blockbuster still existed. I never actually figured anything out and I'm pretty sure I only ever was able to complete the first mission or two but I sure remember loving going around and blasting ships in that weird top down thing until I ran out of torpedoes or died and had to restart because I had no idea Starbases or damage repair existed. I also recall not being able to figure out how to exit the battle screen when the other ship was surrendering so I always just had to kill them.

Heh, I did the same thing back then. That and Phantasy Star IV were my go-to rentals, though unlike PSIV I never managed to beat Echoes. I'd just end up sending wave after wave of officers and redshirts against the hortas until they all died. As for the starbase, the game made no effort to make its existence known to the player. I can't remember if it's even listed as a starbase in the navigation or if you have to get lucky and accidentally fly to the planet it's orbiting. I don't think the manual mentioned it either, so I guess they really wanted people buying those strategy guides.

The sight of giant gently caress-off cannons on Trek ships will always make me giggle. Of course, this is still less silly than the giant turrets in Elite Force 2 that you end up jumping into and firing manually.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Delsaber posted:

Heh, I did the same thing back then. That and Phantasy Star IV were my go-to rentals, though unlike PSIV I never managed to beat Echoes. I'd just end up sending wave after wave of officers and redshirts against the hortas until they all died. As for the starbase, the game made no effort to make its existence known to the player. I can't remember if it's even listed as a starbase in the navigation or if you have to get lucky and accidentally fly to the planet it's orbiting. I don't think the manual mentioned it either, so I guess they really wanted people buying those strategy guides.

I think the manual mentioned they existed but made no effort to tell you were they were so you just had to fly around randomly until you found one. Which quickly turned into a problem because apparently Romulan ships are all over the Federation just itching to shoot the Enterprise.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

Tony Montana posted:

yeah I bought FTL in the last week or so, it was on sale for 5 bucks. Great fun, highly recommend it.. it's all there, the transporters, torpedos, phasers/lasers, little snippets of ploty action. If you're looking for something to play, give it a go. Great game to have on your laptop for a flight or something like that.

Modding it seems easy, there is a tool now. If you really wanna get Trekky there is OF COURSE the total conversion mod :) Any game, in any way, associated with space (or totally not even sometimes) will have a total conversion mod made for it by some sperglord enabling you to Picard it up in a medieval RPG or whatever. It is known.

Anyways, this one looks pretty good.

I haven't played FTL in a while (mostly because I could never beat the thing :argh:) but I might have to get that mod and pick it up again. Hope they have a better ship then the E, what the hell.

Speaking of better ships, I got a 1701 Refit model kit for xmas and I'm totally excited since this will be my first Trek model since a 1701 non-refit I made in middle school.

lovely cell phone picture:

elcapjtk
Mar 14, 2005
Some people say I am a terrible person.

Apple Jax posted:

I haven't played FTL in a while (mostly because I could never beat the thing :argh:) but I might have to get that mod and pick it up again. Hope they have a better ship then the E, what the hell.

Speaking of better ships, I got a 1701 Refit model kit for xmas and I'm totally excited since this will be my first Trek model since a 1701 non-refit I made in middle school.

That model is pretty baller, but be careful when attaching the saucer section, my first one's ate the pins. I got lucky and found some pretty solid glue to hold her together. Also depending on the version of the model, the stand may break, which was a known issue.

elcapjtk fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 30, 2013

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

elcapjtk posted:

That model is pretty baller, but be careful when attaching the saucer section, my first one's ate the pins. I got lucky and found some pretty solid glue to hold her together. Also depending on the version of the model, the stand may break, which was a known issue.

Holy poo poo, wow, mine is way smaller then that large one you've got there. Yours looks freaking rad. My model's package says 1:1000 scale (12 in long). I actually took that picture of the parts yesterday and I've already put it together and now I'm starting to paint it. Yeah, the stand kinda sucks, but I'm planning on hanging this beauty from the bedroom's ceiling just like my middle school self.

This is all sort of driving me crazy, because in between making this, I've also been digitally 3D modeling for a different project. So, I've been building and texturing in real life and on my computer :shepface:

Apple Jax fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 30, 2013

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009
Angry Joe has experienced Bij by playing Star Trek Trexels
http://angryjoeshow.com/2013/12/star-trek-trexels-angry-review/

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Apple Jax posted:

FTL feels like it should be TOS ships. Smaller, simpler ships with crew running around in the weapons room.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

The new movies are pretty flawed but I can't be upset about it because lets be honest, TV trek also has some huge flaws and Trek movies don't have the best TREK record.
C'mon, man!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Apple Jax posted:

I have that kit waiting to construction. I also have the TOS Connie in the same scale already built, just waiting for decals.

Though I wasn't happy with the seams so I might just buy another one and start over.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Apple Jax posted:

I also got a Polar Lights 1:1000 Enterprise Refit model kit for Christmas!

Wrong Enterprise though.

Just finished priming it tonight, and getting ready to paint. I wanted to go with TOS Enterprise colors so I put a base coat of orange on the Bussard collectors before assembling it, but I'm thinking it might be better to stick with red instead. Unfortunately I was dumb and superglued the bar things over the nacelles before painting, getting under them to paint is going to be nearly impossible. :doh:

McNally posted:

Though I wasn't happy with the seams so I might just buy another one and start over.

I also had a lot of trouble with seams on the NX-01, mostly due to my clumsy attempts at gluing/construction. However there was a design flaw where the "neck" was supposed to attach to the saucer section but left a sizable gap. Filled/covered them all up with two part epoxy/greenstuff, hopefully its not too obvious.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

The new movies are pretty flawed but I can't be upset about it because lets be honest, TV trek also has some huge flaws and Trek movies don't have the best TREK record.

Yeah, that's where I'm at as well. There's simply too much Trek and too many fans, so there's arguments for and against just about everything, all running around in circles forever. So the most I can do at this point is shrug and try to enjoy the new stuff for what it is.

To borrow from the Final Fantasy thread: every movie is the worst movie in the series. Wrath of Khan might still be the closest we'll ever get to a unanimous decision about anything, and even that probably has a detractor somewhere.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Delsaber posted:

There's simply too much Trek
I get the thrust of your meaning, but this is a terrible thing to say. There is always Not Enough Trek.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Fun fact about the genesis game, bring Deanna with you on the Horta mission. The Hortas won't attack if she's in the away team.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Technical Analysis posted:

Fun fact about the genesis game, bring Deanna with you on the Horta mission. The Hortas won't attack if she's in the away team.

:stare:

You just blew my mind. 20 years later and I'm still learning new things about that game... I guess I never thought to use her on any mission, come to think of it. I'll have to dig my Genesis out later on and give that a shot.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Funny. The one situation where I'd imagine Troi's "I sense hostility" ability would be useful is in the Original Series rather than TNG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

I also had a lot of trouble with seams on the NX-01, mostly due to my clumsy attempts at gluing/construction. However there was a design flaw where the "neck" was supposed to attach to the saucer section but left a sizable gap. Filled/covered them all up with two part epoxy/greenstuff, hopefully its not too obvious.

Yeah, mine had a few little seams showing but I figured I'd use epoxy too.

Forgot to mention another Trek thing I got for xmas. My boyfriend's parents bought me this charm bracelet...

It's not...uh...my style, but man if I was 9 year old me, I would be wearing this every day.

• Locked thread