Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Another angle that I don't think has been really touched on: How is the Court itself going to react when the Great Leap Forward begins? The Court strikes me as reactionary and interested in control above all else, and I for one fully expect them to take steps that incite robo-rage.

I'm now realizing that the most hilarious comic is going to be when the Court fully realizes that the entirety of its robot infrastructure is now loyal to the point of religious devotion to a 14-year old engineer/angel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Splicer posted:

I wonder if boxbot missed this one too.

No. Fate dictates that he be at a scene with such terrible potential as this.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Tollymain posted:

No. Fate dictates that he be at a scene with such terrible potential as this.

From the Book of Box Bot:

1:6 Yea, and some other stuff did happen, but I was stuck in a ditch at the time, so I missed it.
1:7 I hear it was incredible.
1:8 So lonely.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I just noticed something in the last panel:

Isn't that the symbol for the Court Secret Police?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I would imagine there are police robots.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Super Waffle posted:

It's this guy!

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Hey, look here.

http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1293

Doesn't Robot's jacket look kind of like priestly vestments?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ever since he started wearing the hoodie, it's been a pretty good metaphor for a hooded monk's robe.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Super Waffle posted:

Where've we seen it before?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The guy rasamune up there found 'im.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

For those who know chapter names and are too lazy for links/afraid of an archive binge, Spring Heeled Part 2.

Now go read that poo poo.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Onean posted:

Ehhhhhhh.

For a less rediculous example, try these two pages.

Thanks jerk I just binged through the whole drat thing because of you. Just FYI I have horrible tastes and loved the poo poo out of it, so your tastes are probably trash too have a nice day.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Nathilus posted:

Thanks jerk I just binged through the whole drat thing because of you. Just FYI I have horrible tastes and loved the poo poo out of it, so your tastes are probably trash too have a nice day.
Same here. This entire post. I reflect the sentiments stated.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
If anyone's looking to get a Paz avatar, today's strip should be a bonanza. One last dose of :3: from the chapter before moving on to something new. Yes, I see!

Edit: Or a mouse avatar, for that matter.

'nother edit: vvvvv Not sure I'd go that far.

Wyld Karde fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Dec 30, 2013

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

This beats out Mort Fun Time for the best bonus page.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Damnit Tom, you just keep making me break out the :3:s

So how does she break it to them when the testing starts?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

The d'aww-est bonus page. :3:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
MOUSE YES TIME

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Sign you've spent too much time on the internet: you instinctively hear the dramatic chipmunk reverb upon seeing the last panel.

other, more notable sign you spend too much time on the internet: you read webcomics

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
That is way too big to be a mouse.

I guess the poor little bugger's got a Ratigan complex.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well that was an uplifting palette cleanser from the somber tone of the last panel. Also wow, no wonder the two of them ended up getting together. They're both adorable on their own. :3:

Have they told us what Paz's special thing is, it's been a while since I've binged on the whole thing and I'm not the best at remembering all the details here. Trying to figure out if that's just a talking mouse or she can Dr. Dolittle animals.

This is one of the smileliest pages and it's great. :kimchi:

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

RareAcumen posted:

Trying to figure out if that's just a talking mouse or she can Dr. Dolittle animals.

Tom confirmed that Paz could Dolittle could a while back on his formspring. Jack mentions that a classmate of theirs can speak to animals in Spring-Heeled as well iirc.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Trying to figure out if that's just a talking mouse or she can Dr. Dolittle animals.

I don't think it's ever been said in comic - but yeah, she's Dr Dolittle.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Cat Mattress posted:

MOUSE YES TIME

Ay, si! :ese:

I really hope this was intentional and my brain isn't just being a dumb pun machine again

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

MikeJF posted:

They obtusely mention that someone in Annie and Kat's house talks to animals Dolittle-style in an early-ish chapter, but no one ever mentions Paz by name.

Actually I think they mention that Queslett got a lot of etherically-inclined students, there are probably a lot of unmentioned gimmicks kicking around.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Looking at today's last 2 panels, all I could think of was Animal Man's famous "I CAN SEE YOU!"

Edit: Well that, and :3:, obviously.

Madrox fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 30, 2013

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Dr. Buttass posted:

They obtusely mention that someone in Annie and Kat's house talks to animals Dolittle-style in an early-ish chapter, but no one ever mentions Paz by name.

Actually I think they mention that Queslett got a lot of etherically-inclined students, there are probably a lot of unmentioned gimmicks kicking around.

Every kid in Queslett has some kind of odd or unusual talent apparently. Jack can fly, Paz can talk to animals Smitty has his thing, Surma and Annie were Fire Elementals, Anja had magic ether powers, Donald and Kat do machines, Winnsbury's cool but rude and Matt is a party dude.

All the houses probably have their own gimmick, like how Foley is full of Forest students, and how Chester is apparently full of weirdos and freaks. Who knows what Thornhill's deal is, since Parley is the only student of any significance from there.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I don't think Jack could fly before he got that spider in his ear.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Prison Warden posted:

Who knows what Thornhill's deal is, since Parley is the only student of any significance from there.

Thornhill's for athletically/martially inclined students, perhaps? Maybe it's the court version of Cadets.

Daktar fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 30, 2013

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Prison Warden posted:

Donald and Kat do machines, Winnsbury's cool but rude and Matt is a party dude.

:golfclap:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

I don't think Jack could fly before he got that spider in his ear.
It wasn't said he couldn't either, so it's possible.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Kikas posted:

It wasn't said he couldn't either, so it's possible.

I'd guessed he's just a generic Etherically-inclined dude (like Anja), and the spiders just gave him the insane dedication and insomnia needed to figure out the flying thing.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Paz knew she could confide on the mouse because he was scheduled to help in a very important experiment later.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

The best part of this comic is imagining the mouse actually talking, but in spanish. Squeak, indeed. :allears:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

You can see Paz using her psychic animal-talking powers in this page. It's subtle, but the little bubbles floating from her head in the first panel are similar to the way Tom has shown Zimmy and Gamma talking before.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

MikeJF posted:

It's been said, but never shown before. I had actually started assuming she didn't actually talk to them and just had a deep empathy for animals above what a normal person could have. Given, this is an after-chapter page so that may be true in the regular pages.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

BobTheJanitor posted:

You can see Paz using her psychic animal-talking powers in this page. It's subtle, but the little bubbles floating from her head in the first panel are similar to the way Tom has shown Zimmy and Gamma talking before.

I read on to the end of the chapter from that. Interesting to note that Kat cut her hair shorter directly after her time with Paz there. Subtle foreshadowing, perhaps?

LtStorm posted:

Given, this is an after-chapter page so that may be true in the regular pages.

If you are suggesting that Jones in a party hat is anything other than 100% canon, you and I are going to have a problem. :toot:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thanks for the clarity on that guys. With the talking forest animals and such, it's kinda hard to know which ones are just talking animals or if it's someone's special powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

BobTheJanitor posted:

That's also why she was so excited to see cows .