Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I still crack up about the royal baby. They really went to town with that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Their Year in Review is great for finding the stuff you missed:

13 Adorable Photos Of Baby Farm Animals, But With Each Click, Another Appendage Will Be Cut Off Our Finance Director’s Body. How Far Will You Go? When Will You Let It Stop?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Peter Rosenthal Reviews "It's a Wonderful Life"

I'm disappointed they didn't talk about the fact that the modern value of that money is $95,618.05

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Peter Rosenthal Reviews "It's a Wonderful Life"

I'm disappointed they didn't talk about the fact that the modern value of that money is $95,618.05

The Onion Film Standard has quickly become one of my favorite parts of the Onion, it's just so masterful, and the guy playing the film critic is brilliant. At this point I can't even go a day without watching their review of The Desolation of Smaug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIy_uLF6xI8

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Religious Cousin Ruins Family's Christmas

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
This hits way too close to home: Relatives Gather From Across The Country To Stare Into Screens Together

Related, from a few years ago: Report: 90% Of Waking Hours Spent Staring At Glowing Rectangles

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-nhl-actually-has-had-hundreds-of-openly-gay,32639/

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

That last paragraph, holy poo poo.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

That's a long way to go for a one line shot at hockey fans, but it's totally worth it.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
And just because

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dick-vitale-enthusiastic-about-latest-alqaeda-plot,34146/

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Study: Majority Of Web Traffic Not Human

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Local church full of brainwashed idiots feeds town's poor and homeless

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
New Report Confirms You Are Most Interesting, Most Important Individual On Earth

I know it's true - I live in Chapel Hill.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
It's not quite as good as the Obama/Audubon Society article but it's funny nonetheless:

Top Twitter Feuds of 2013

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Onion to Cease Operations in 2014

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

New Forced-Retirement Community Opens For Local 60-Year-Olds

:stare:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Don't do that to me.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Don't worry, its a fake. I looked around and there's absolutely no other news stories besides that one that say The Onion is ending. Besides, that article was published six months ago and mentions 'the 2014 US Presidential Election'.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
It's a joke. A weak joke, but obviously a joke. Basically "Poe's law is killing the Onion".

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
E: never mind; beaten

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Man Unknowingly Purchases Lifetime Supply Of Condoms

Bob Nudd
Jul 24, 2007

Gee whiz doc!
Mouth-watering, and hilarious: Big, Sloppy Chicken Parm Hovers Alluringly Above Nation

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
NFL Scouts Impressed By College Quarterback’s Ability To Elude Criminal Justice System

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Classmates Admit School Shooter Showed Them, Showed Them All

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

It's a good day when just the title has me in stitches.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Adopted Child Sick Of Gay Parents Forcing Him To Watch Them Have Sex

This will be on Literally Unbelievable within minutes

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kuvo posted:

Adopted Child Sick Of Gay Parents Forcing Him To Watch Them Have Sex

This will be on Literally Unbelievable within minutes

I really hope it gets picked up by some backwater politician or talk show host. :D

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Why are ex-football players committing suicide? The NFL's answer will surprise you

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
English Professor Suddenly Realizes Students Will Believe Literally Everything She Says

cinema_discusso.txt

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Voters Shocked Christie Botched Such An Easy Political Cover-Up

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Pick posted:

It's a good day when just the title has me in stitches.

The title's funny, sure, but then you look at the picture and you're all, "Oh. Oooooh. :smith:"

That one little box will last him the rest of the life, which, judging by the headline, won't last much longer.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Phelddagrif posted:

The title's funny, sure, but then you look at the picture and you're all, "Oh. Oooooh. :smith:"

That one little box will last him the rest of the life, which, judging by the headline, won't last much longer.
Welllll it's ambiguous. Your interpretation is valid, especially given The Onion's recent level of dark humor. It could also imply that he will hardly ever have sex again.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf6hc45AcXg

I hope they never stop savaging the NFL. :allears:

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Zugzwang posted:

Welllll it's ambiguous. Your interpretation is valid, especially given The Onion's recent level of dark humor. It could also imply that he will hardly ever have sex again.

Or, he's about to meet the girl of his dreams, and, after using the condoms once or twice in the whirlwind beginning stages, they will embark on a lifelong, committed relationship full of love and trust and therefore will no longer need to use condoms; his soulmate's birth control pills are fine until they decide to start a family.

v:unsmith:v

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
He makes a noose out of them and hangs himself.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
So I'm reading today's article: http://www.theonion.com/articles/vacationing-man-excited-to-try-fast-food-franchise,34916/ and I think to myself, "OK I know I've seen that guy in an article before."

On a whim I Google the guys name, and I am blown away by the fact that he has apparently been a central character in an epic, on-going series: http://www.theonion.com/channels/turnbee/

What a life this guy has!

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.

Bucswabe posted:

So I'm reading today's article: http://www.theonion.com/articles/vacationing-man-excited-to-try-fast-food-franchise,34916/ and I think to myself, "OK I know I've seen that guy in an article before."

On a whim I Google the guys name, and I am blown away by the fact that he has apparently been a central character in an epic, on-going series: http://www.theonion.com/channels/turnbee/

What a life this guy has!

I was just coming to post how excited I was to see Turnbee back. I love how the Onion has these little ongoing story arcs tucked away in there.

Oof, I tell ya.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Well, I know what I'm doing next time I go on a date :pervert:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Robert Denby posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf6hc45AcXg

I hope they never stop savaging the NFL. :allears:
They're going after the fans now: Defense Needs To Be More Physical, Reports Man Slumped On Couch For Past 5 Hours

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Wait, What If We Try Giving People Home Loans They Can’t Actually Afford To Pay Off?