Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
After seeing the possessed agents in Spender's dream I hope Isaac's possession ends in a big cloudfro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Well that all just got really interesting. Super dweeb Spender may warrant an internal investigation and censure? What has he done?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You know, the old man seems like the last person who should be calling people out on being a callous dick, given... Basically everything he's done since we've met him.

Though, yeah, Spender, that's kind of villain talk there. Which is worrisome since he's both the (so far) less dickish mentor figure and, given what the ninja-squirrels said, possibly the strongest guy in town.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's possible Grandpa knows some things about the organization that cast a less than favorable light on the whole thing, since he apparently used to work for them. It might explain why Issac's spirit - potentially a HERO OF JUSTICE (who happens to be a big scary cloud man) - is so interested in learning about them and clearly doesn't like Spender.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Roland Jones posted:

You know, the old man seems like the last person who should be calling people out on being a callous dick, given... Basically everything he's done since we've met him.

Though, yeah, Spender, that's kind of villain talk there. Which is worrisome since he's both the (so far) less dickish mentor figure and, given what the ninja-squirrels said, possibly the strongest guy in town.

Yep. Starting to get a real Aizen vibe out of Spender.

Outwardly goofy/non-threatening, might be the actual real threat.

Countblanc posted:

It's possible Grandpa knows some things about the organization that cast a less than favorable light on the whole thing, since he apparently used to work for them. It might explain why Issac's spirit - potentially a HERO OF JUSTICE (who happens to be a big scary cloud man) - is so interested in learning about them and clearly doesn't like Spender.

Isaac's spirit doesn't give two dicks about justice, it only cares about power/strength.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
He cares a lot about justice actually, it's just old school smite-the-wicked justice.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yep. Starting to get a real Aizen vibe out of Spender.

Outwardly goofy/non-threatening, might be the actual real threat.
If Spender ever cracks an evil grin and breaks his sunglasses in half, we will have achieved maximum over-anime.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

He may be kind of a jerk, but grandpa doesn't seem to be the kind of person to be analysing co-workers as threats and casually bringing up one of the reasons as the co-worker being in a wheelchair. It's also a silly analysis, given that she might have some wacky crazy spirit powers via a tool or being a medium.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

If she had powers that would negate the disadvantages of being physically disabled, Spender likely wouldn't have mentioned it. Still, Boss Lady must have some kind of angle sending somebody like that. A test maybe? Counting on Spender to overplay his hand?

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

If she had powers that would negate the disadvantages of being physically disabled, Spender likely wouldn't have mentioned it. Still, Boss Lady must have some kind of angle sending somebody like that. A test maybe? Counting on Spender to overplay his hand?

I think the point was that this was someone Spender couldn't outsmart. After all, she doesn't need anything broken yet.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

New page!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

I love that nerd. :allears:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I can't wait to see Spender kick rear end and be a total lame nerd about it afterwards.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

So tempted to grab that avatar :allears:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Spender, answering the question of what would happen if you gave great power, talent, and apparently responsibility to an unbelievable dork.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Spender:
1. owns
2. is kawaii
3. wears knuckle gloves with sunglasses at night (on purpose)
4. is the best character, just like every other character.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
great page, not only for the Spender fun, but a lot was set up there.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Is he sure the "steep price" isn't putting up with Spender being a dork all the time? :allears:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

For all Grandpa's harsh words, I definitely get the impression this is a tough love kinda thing much like he treats Isabel to. If he really meant the "better enemy" thing, or if he genuinely believed Spender was doing the wrong thing, he would have acted a long time ago. He probably respects what Spender is trying to do, but knows how close he is straying to a line.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
It's sad that Spender has to keep quiet about a lot of things with Isaac because of his possession, because they're so much alike.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zerilan posted:

It's sad that Spender has to keep quiet about a lot of things with Isaac because of his possession, because they're so much alike.

Careful, say stuff like that and one of them might launch into a "we're not so different, you and I" speech and Max will have to gnaw his own arm off to escape.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

For all Grandpa's harsh words, I definitely get the impression this is a tough love kinda thing much like he treats Isabel to. If he really meant the "better enemy" thing, or if he genuinely believed Spender was doing the wrong thing, he would have acted a long time ago. He probably respects what Spender is trying to do, but knows how close he is straying to a line.

He seems the kind of person that tries to make a lesson out of everything. Criticising every flaw and weakness in the hopes of seeing them improve. No wonder he drives Isabel up the wall.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Oh my god, I am so tempted to change my avatar to Grandpa's :allears: "I hate that nerd."

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Oh my god thank you so much for the avatar whoever you are! :D

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Xun posted:

Oh my god thank you so much for the avatar whoever you are! :D
The Avatar Fairy branches out.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
You know, I--
Hey guys, update!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Max is slow on the uptake. Though I suppose that's reasonable, considering he hasn't gotten to meet Isaac's spirit yet.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Really great page and pretty refreshing after that dialogue dump.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I get the distinct impression that Ed is the most well-adjusted person in this series, and this is why it was required he would be the last to enter the car.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I love Max's increasingly annoyed face after every interruption. I also love Isabel's enthusiasm for punching, ghosts or otherwise.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

I get the distinct impression that Ed is the most well-adjusted person in this series, and this is why it was required he would be the last to enter the car.

Ed being interrupted wouldn't have the same impact.

"So I got this new videog-"

Bad Ideas Good
Oct 12, 2012
I really like how it goes almost full circle with Max interrupting Ed. It's subtle, if only for the lack of *~Dramatic Impact~*

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Who the heck takes their shoes off in the car?

Some people.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Seriously.

I really enjoy how Zack plays with cliches. The fact he did it three times and basically Max was self aware of it made it more funnier.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

PleasingFungus posted:

Who the heck takes their shoes off in the car?

Some people.

I dunno, Spender seems like the kind of guy to make dirty kids take their shoes off in his talking face-stealing car.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bussamove posted:

I dunno, Spender seems like the kind of guy to make dirty kids take their shoes off in his talking face-stealing car.

In fact, he is that kind of guy!

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Mr. Lobe posted:

We say that, but we haven't watered him in weeks.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Fecha posted:

Max is slow on the uptake. Though I suppose that's reasonable, considering he hasn't gotten to meet Isaac's spirit yet.

I forgot, can you remind me what Isaac and his spirit discussed?

Also, I too am sad we live in a world with punches.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

:doh:

I knew I was forgetting something. I was too blinded by how multitalented he was to notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

horriblePencilist posted:

I forgot, can you remind me what Isaac and his spirit discussed?

Also, I too am sad we live in a world with punches.
He was a pretty violent dude and seemed pretty intensely against the group Spender is working for. Talking about secret spirit stuff with Isaac would let his spirit in on the knowledge, since he's directly possessed.