Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
It doesn't help that the Immortal skins look bad, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I actually rather like the one for Mag. Banshee and Loki also aren't bad, but they're not super different from the default versions, either.

Rhino's is by far the worst, though.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Barrel Diffusion 4 on a Vatos is amazing and puts the awful starting rifle to shame. I'm actually enjoying my sidearm being by far my best weapon; it rewards lining up my shots and hits like a truck.

What determines if a weapon has affinity slots? Is it on a per-item basis, or is it fixed for the weapon type? My dual Ether has no affinity slots and it's kind of a buzzkill.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Elysiume posted:

What determines if a weapon has affinity slots? Is it on a per-item basis, or is it fixed for the weapon type? My dual Ether has no affinity slots and it's kind of a buzzkill.

Dart board. No seriously, that's the only possible explanation for why some weapons come with 2 V slots and some others have a D (for "detrimental") and others have nothing.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Okay, so the last time I played was when Vauban was released.

Why is defense so loving hard now?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

chumbler posted:

Dart board. No seriously, that's the only possible explanation for why some weapons come with 2 V slots and some others have a D (for "detrimental") and others have nothing.
Can you re-craft a sword to get a better roll?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Can you re-craft a sword to get a better roll?

The slots are fixed to the weapon. So a Vasto will always have a V slot, no matter how many you make. If you want to change the polarity of a slot you need a Forma.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Is there any tier list or simple comparison for different weapons in each category, I've just about finished my excalibur w/ braton, lato, and skana and was thinking of building a frost, with boltor, magnus or vasto, and gram for Melee

I hear galatine's a better sword than gram but im not rank 3 yet and can't get it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Enter Char posted:

The slots are fixed to the weapon. So a Vasto will always have a V slot, no matter how many you make. If you want to change the polarity of a slot you need a Forma.
That's actually kind of a relief, to be honest.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

I actually rather like the one for Mag. Banshee and Loki also aren't bad, but they're not super different from the default versions, either.

Rhino's is by far the worst, though.

Ash's is great, in comparison to his regular skin if nothing else.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

SlayVus posted:

Okay, so the last time I played was when Vauban was released.

Why is defense so loving hard now?

AP is no longer an element, remove all your formerly-AP damage mods. Slot for base damage, multishot and elemental damage. Two elemental damage types will combine and be replaced by a third damage type, check the wiki for Damage 2.0 and a bunch of other poo poo.

If you used Vauban, Bastille has a target limit now. Learn to love Vortex because Vortex no longer affects friendlies and doesn't have a target limit(but may crash you if you're using the 64bit install).

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Denzine posted:

AP is no longer an element, remove all your formerly-AP damage mods. Slot for base damage, multishot and elemental damage. Two elemental damage types will combine and be replaced by a third damage type, check the wiki for Damage 2.0 and a bunch of other poo poo.

If you used Vauban, Bastille has a target limit now. Learn to love Vortex because Vortex no longer affects friendlies and doesn't have a target limit(but may crash you if you're using the 64bit install).

My AP is already puncture. Is Puncture just no good?

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

The puncture mods don't add nearly as much damage as the elemental mods do, and no damage type ignores armor now.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Do elemental mods consider the weapon's damage before or after factoring in +puncture/impact/slash? If it's after then a damage-type mod on a weapon that's primarily one type should be worthwhile.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

SlayVus posted:

My AP is already puncture. Is Puncture just no good?

Weapons that did non-elemental damage before now do a mix of impact, puncture and slash damage. There are +% mods for each (old AP mods are now puncture mods) but that percentage is based on the damage of that type it already does, not the weapon's base damage. In other words, all those mods are completely useless. Just stack elemental mods instead.

Wheeee posted:

Do elemental mods consider the weapon's damage before or after factoring in +puncture/impact/slash? If it's after then a damage-type mod on a weapon that's primarily one type should be worthwhile.

Before. The only one of those mods that are worth the mod slot is Accelerated Blast, because it's glitched to add puncture damage based on total base damage instead of just puncture damage.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I got the alternate skin pack when it was 50% off in the market and I think they look cool. It's only for half the warframes though and sadly includes 2 that I don't have and a couple others I don't use much. It has Nyx though who might finally become my most used warframe (which has been stuck on Excalibur ever since I started because it took me like 50 hours to get my second character due to the fabulous way drops used to work).

It's pretty incredible how much less of a headache it is to get new warframe parts now, and it was a really small change too.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Sleepy Owl posted:

Ash's is great, in comparison to his regular skin if nothing else.

Ash's just makes him look more like a Predator, which isn't a bad thing.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've been having lots of fun with my Nova. To potato her or not is the question...

Also the Soma is super fun. Added a crit chance and crit damage mod and head shots are pretty much insta kills on most enemies now.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 31, 2013

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

seiferguy posted:

I've been having lots of fun with my Nova. To potato him or not is the question...

Personally, I'd say she's absolutely worth a potato. M Prime is still one of the most hilariously broken abilities in the game and DE's shown no interest in nerfing it. Once you get the hang of Antimatter Drop's 'shoot-to-improve-nuke' quirk, it becomes a solid AOE bomb, and Wormhole's got some utility in pretty much every map for skipping the more finickity parkour sections or bailing out of a bad engagement. Null Star's still rubbish, but that can be said of quite a lot of 1 powers in this game.

seiferguy posted:

Also the Soma is super fun. Added a crit chance and crit damage mod and head shots are pretty much insta kills on most enemies now.

It's still one of the most powerful rifles in the game (albeit quite noticeably toned down from before Damage 2.0 due to the impact/punc/slash damage splits). Slap a fire rate mod on there and Serration and it just becomes a death hose.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Most confusing 30 seconds of my life :de:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

fookolt posted:

Most confusing 30 seconds of my life :de:

This game can get kinda disturbing

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/Kad2iLP.png[/timg

warframe.jpg

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 16, 2016

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I have learned an important lesson.

Do not use Vortex on capture targets. It may make them easy to shoot to death, but there's a chance it fires them through the geometry and they're gone forever.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Stalker Zanuka now drops the detron

Terbulus fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 31, 2013

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
That's cool... Have people figured out how to make him appear reliably?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Hey, is anyone up for the Cicero Crisis mission? Me and a buddy have got enough antivenom points to get the guns from it and I'm not in the SA clan yet. Send a tell to PresidentArk ingame and I'll hook you up.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

Little cosmetic model poo poo like scopes, magazines, etc. would be kinda cool. No effect on the weapon, just something to further distinguish yourself. That's a cool idea.

I was more thinking 'turn my Boltor into a hideous Infested fleshy thing that shot teeth', but those would be cool, too.

^ If you've got the 100% completion anti-toxin, be prepared for a long haul - I'm not sure how long it makes, but it seemed longer than twenty minutes to defend.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
So I got the clan invite, and... uhh...

Am I missing something? :confused:

e: Nevermind, fixed it.

President Ark fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 31, 2013

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Serpentis posted:

Null Star's still rubbish, but that can be said of quite a lot of 1 powers in this game.
And even then, its multi-shot fire-and-forget nature puts it at the higher end of those basic damage 1 powers. Still not amazing, of course.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This game can get kinda disturbing
The animation errors can get pretty mind-bending.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So the Paris Prime blueprint is supposed to be a common drop at the end of Tower I Defense. I have all the components to build it except the blueprints.

I've played 10 of them today and not a single drop :smithicide: but let me tell you about my dual fang blueprints! All four of them!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

seiferguy posted:

So the Paris Prime blueprint is supposed to be a common drop at the end of Tower I Defense. I have all the components to build it except the blueprints.

I've played 10 of them today and not a single drop :smithicide: but let me tell you about my dual fang blueprints! All four of them!

I got 13 Paris Prime strings and 13 Bronco Prime barrels before I got an Ember Prime blueprint. :v: Sometimes the game just decides that you Shall Not Receive and it's not really worth fighting it, you just have to do something else for awhile.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I think the game is trying to save you from the utter disappointment that is the paris prime. Going from the stalker bow at 30 back to the paris was just brutal. Sword arrows all day every day.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I still don't have my Frost Prime, and I got the blueprint back before Void missions were a thing. But I almost instantly got my Braton Prime and Paris Prime stuff together, even though I didn't really try to get it and just helped some friends grind some credits in the void with the random set of keys we had in our inventory at the time.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 31, 2013

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Got my Ash building. :woop:

3 days. :smithicide:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently on ps4 there's an alert for the rejuvenation aura mod now but I don't have access to it on the map wherever it is :smith:

Barnacle Snatcher
Aug 19, 2006

All things began in order so shall they end, so shall they begin again according to the Ordainer of Order and the mystical mathematicks of the City of Heaven.

seiferguy posted:

Apparently on ps4 there's an alert for the rejuvenation aura mod now but I don't have access to it on the map wherever it is :smith:

I think I have a spare I can give you if you need, I should be able to get on after the day rolls over before I head out for the evening, though. Ill try and remember to hit you up. (Cyrilivanov)

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
If anybody is willing to pop me into Cyath in Eris on ps4, let's be pals (Steamshovel_Dan). I need to farm up some neurodes!

Also, where the hell do you get a hornet strike mod? This thing is driving me crazy.

sent a friend request
\/\/\/

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Golgozor fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 31, 2013

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Golgozor posted:

If anybody is willing to pop me into Cyath in Eris on ps4, let's be pals (Steamshovel_Dan). I need to farm up some neurodes!

Also, where the hell do you get a hornet strike mod? This thing is driving me crazy.

I might have that mission unlocked. Also I got plenty of hornet strikes. I can give you one at the dojo if you see me on later. My psn ID is same as my SA username.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Are Psychic Bolts on Nyx as awful as they look? I could barely even tell if they were working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Are Psychic Bolts on Nyx as awful as they look? I could barely even tell if they were working.

Pretty much, yeah. Nyx is good for shortened-duration Chaos (which is great at what it does) and not terribly much else. Absorb is occasionally useful I guess.