Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

My Daddy is phobic of bananas, hates the feel and smell and won't have them in his house, but he always put them in my sisters fruit salad anyway because she liked them. I love my Dad :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

can we please admit strawberries are the most overrated fruit.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

can we please admit strawberries are the most overrated fruit.

I really like strawberries, but they're way better when you grow them thanw hen you buy them. If you know where my back yard is, there are shittons of them in summer and you could try them.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
cranberries are the poo poo. I eat dried cranberries, I drink cranberry juice, I even listen to the cranberries sometimes

I'm the goddamn cranberry queen

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

cranberries are the poo poo. I eat dried cranberries, I drink cranberry juice, I even listen to the cranberries sometimes

you must pee like a saint

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Pick posted:

like a saint/racehorse, imagine the holiest racehorse ever. That's me

I laugh at people who complain about bladder infections because they're too scared to ride the cranberry train

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Cranberry juice dries your mouth instead of wetting it. Weird as gently caress.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Pick posted:

blasphemy, saints don't pee

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

they're too scared to ride the cranberry train

That sounds like a terrifying euphemism.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

like a saint/racehorse, imagine the holiest racehorse ever. That's me

I laugh at people who complain about bladder infections because they're too scared to ride the cranberry train

As fresh as an Ocean Spray on a Summer's Eve.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Pick posted:

dont pe e like a saint...pee like a god...

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Shannonmcn posted:

Cranberry juice dries your mouth instead of wetting it. Weird as gently caress.

It's probably because cranberries (like most berries) contain a lot of tannins, which have an astringent effect and make your mouth feel dry because of some weird poo poo it does to the proteins in your saliva. :science:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

StarkWhite posted:

dont pe e like a saint...pee like a god...

no no, you have to be careful with god peeing - it's so godlike it seduces the womens

you don't really pee so much as turn yourself into a golden shower so you can go sex up some mortals.

sexy, godly, impregnating pee showers...

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Thanks for luigi Bombing my thread putty you fucker

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Shithouse Dave posted:

I really like strawberries, but they're way better when you grow them thanw hen you buy them. If you know where my back yard is, there are shittons of them in summer and you could try them.

they need to be added to something to be any good, imo, which ultimately hurts it's tier listing as a Fruit.

God Tier fruits are the stand alone fruits

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Kimmalah posted:

It's probably because cranberries (like most berries) contain a lot of tannins, which have an astringent effect and make your mouth feel dry because of some weird poo poo it does to the proteins in your saliva. :science:

Confirmed. Weird as gently caress.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

they need to be added to something to be any good, imo, which ultimately hurts it's tier listing as a Fruit.

God Tier fruits are the stand alone fruits

If you grow them yourself or buy from a decent supplier, strawberries are really sweet and perfect for eating as a stand alone fruit. The mass grown ones in the grocery store usually aren't really all that ripe, which makes them really loving sour.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The best fruits are peaches and plums. But only if they're local and it's July or August. This past summer, they were so juicy and wonderful that I had to stand over the sink to eat them.

The only fruits I don't like are melons(excluding watermelon), pears (I like them cooked, though), and bad supermarket apples. I like every vegetable except turnips and every legume except lima beans.

I don't eat meat, though. I haven't for a really, really long time, it's just become habit at this point.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
I'm one of those picky eaters who drive goons into rages and I loving love bananas. Especially when they're just-from-green and still have that crisp, kind of chalky texture.

Oranges and strawberries are good if you are in the mood for sweet food. I like the tiny clementine oranges because they fit in my tiny girly hands and the peels come off without spraying juice everywhere. :3:

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

I had to stand over the sink to eat them.

My mum laughs at me for this. If you don't have max drippage they aren't ripe enough!

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Turnips are brilliant so long as someone else does all the work of chopping up the buggers. Turnips are the one vegetable I prefer to to buy pre-prepped from a shop because it's like trying to carve rocks.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

dried cranberries own

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Tjadeth posted:

I'm one of those picky eaters who drive goons into rages and I loving love bananas. Especially when they're just-from-green and still have that crisp, kind of chalky texture.

Oranges and strawberries are good if you are in the mood for sweet food. I like the tiny clementine oranges because they fit in my tiny girly hands and the peels come off without spraying juice everywhere. :3:

This is one of the best times of year because clementines are everywhere. They are so amazingly good, and I can pretend I'm a giant eating oranges.

Also Halloween is another great time of year because suddenly wine apples (pomegranates) are everywhere.

I rarely ever get to eat them, but lychees are one of the best fruits even though they sort of look like the insides of testicles.

Enfys fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 31, 2013

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Shannonmcn posted:

My mum laughs at me for this. If you don't have max drippage they aren't ripe enough!

And then when they are, you have to eat like five of them at a time because they'll be rotten the next day :(

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Best strawberries I ever had were from a farmers market but I only had strawberries that good once in my life. 99% of strawberries are indeed overrated

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Donkay NOoo posted:

Best strawberries I ever had were from a farmers market but I only had strawberries that good once in my life. 99% of strawberries are indeed overrated

idk if they have this in the US but in germany there are strawberry farms where you can pick your own strawberries, any strawberries you eat while picking them are free and the rest which you take home are priced by the weight

fresh field strawberries own, dust and dirt be damned

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

The Brown Menace posted:

idk if they have this in the US but in germany there are strawberry farms where you can pick your own strawberries, any strawberries you eat while picking them are free and the rest which you take home are priced by the weight

We have these, and they are awesome. I also get a lot of strawberries from the farmer's market or the farm my mom works at.

Grocery store strawberries are only good if you cut them up and put them in a bowl with some sugar before dinner. Then, by the time you're ready for dessert, they're all gooey and sugary and delicious.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Try adding a little balsamic vinegar. You wouldn't think it'd work, but strawberries and balsamic are amazing together. Throw in some basil or mint (everyone should grow their own herbs if at all possible) and experience pure bliss

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The Brown Menace posted:

yes this is the only way to eat strawberries

Crow Jane posted:

Try adding a little balsamic vinegar. You wouldn't think it'd work, but strawberries and balsamic are amazing together. Throw in some basil or mint (everyone should grow their own herbs if at all possible) and experience pure bliss

Crushing up mint leaves in a bit of sugar also makes for an absolutely amazing fruit mix

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I grew up picking blueberries on a blueberry farm. You'd think I'd be sick of them by now but I never ever ever get sick of blueberries.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Berries in general are pretty much impossible to get sick of. Plus, even lame supermarket berries taste pretty good.

Bought stuffed grape leaves, cippolini onions pickled in balsamic vinegar, a nice wedge of brie, a funky local blue goat cheese, sage Derby, and some stone-ground sesame crackers for New Year's snacks. Probably gonna swing by the halal market for fruit tomorrow

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Pick posted:

I grew up picking blueberries on a blueberry farm. You'd think I'd be sick of them by now but I never ever ever get sick of blueberries.

I get sick of how much they cost (even frozen)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pick posted:

That's because blueberry = best berry.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

That's because blueberry = best berry.

No but like really, it's the end of the season, you've been picking blueberries every god-damned day, eating blueberries as you go, and you have just had more blueberries every week than the average person in a lifetime and you get home and you're like "hmmm i'd like some blueberries :3: "

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Crow Jane posted:

Throw in some basil or mint (everyone should grow their own herbs if at all possible) and experience pure bliss
This is like a life goal, but I live in an apartment that doesn't get a ton of direct/bright sunlight. Even a grow light didn't do the trick. I really don't want to buy one of those big $150 capsule setups, but . . .

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Think of how much you'd spend on fresh herbs in a year. I'm sure it'd eventually pay for itself, they're really expensive at the store

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011
Mangoes

eat mangoes every day.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Dragon Age Update: Morrigan's a hypocrite, Alistair's one bad relationship away from being a mra redditor, Sten's a whiney honorbaby, Ladyrogue is the boringest vaguely french lesbian ever, dog and shale are the only good companions

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

You haven't met Zevran or Wynne yet, they're both cool. Also Sten rocks, you just have to get to know him

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Pupdate: stinky poopers

still unbearably fluffycute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

actually zevran's real lame and annoying, shale and wynne are cool though

• Locked thread