Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Does it have the Canadarm in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
Got the new catalog in the mail today. I really don't like any of the sets from the movie, but maybe I'll change my mind after we see it.

All the new Disney princess sets :supaburn: My 2 year old took the catalog and started pointing "I want this, and that and this and that".

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Merchant of Death posted:

I love the lego movie sets that I have seen so far.

Oh crap! That reminds me, I've got to build some of the demo sets!

Rathina posted:

Got the new catalog in the mail today. I really don't like any of the sets from the movie, but maybe I'll change my mind after we see it.

All the new Disney princess sets :supaburn: My 2 year old took the catalog and started pointing "I want this, and that and this and that".

I'm loving how well LEGO is selling to girls these days :allears: Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when they come into the store and make a beeline for the Friends sets.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Original Size of the actual photo of Benny's Spaceship shows that, while there ARE parts with stickers on them, the ones that count(the Space Logo pieces) are most if not all printed. Good on ya, Lego.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I just got an e-mail telling me the Lego Movie sets are now available, I thought they weren't due out until January?

edit: so many spelling errors

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 29, 2013

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

The Rage posted:

I just got an e-mail telling me the Lego Movie sets are now available, I thought they were do out until January?

Already out in UK

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Yeah, the Lego store in Manchester had them out, along with the collectable mini-figs. I didn't really have a good luck though as the store was packed and I just wanted to fill up my Pick-a-Brick box and go.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

The movie minifigs are out in Portland, OR at Fred Meyer.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
FYI I just saw all the movie sets out at a TRU in St.Louis. Prices are at or below 10 cents a piece, too, which surprised me. I picked up the crazy castle and the pirate mech.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
I got an email this morning from the LEGO online store saying the movie sets were on sale. Looked at Toys R Us site and they had them too. Got really excited and called local TRU to confirm only to find out they broke street date last week and have been sold out for a while.

Meanwhile, Amazon won't ship them til Tuesday. Arggh, I want a unicorn kitty now!

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

parque bynch posted:

I got an email this morning from the LEGO online store saying the movie sets were on sale. Looked at Toys R Us site and they had them too. Got really excited and called local TRU to confirm only to find out they broke street date last week and have been sold out for a while.

Meanwhile, Amazon won't ship them til Tuesday. Arggh, I want a unicorn kitty now!

Biznis Kitty is the best kitty, and nobody can convince me otherwise!

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

Neurion posted:

Biznis Kitty is the best kitty, and nobody can convince me otherwise!

I had no idea there were two different unicorn kitties. Now I'm gonna have to save some money for the set with Biznis kitty and Benny's Spaceship.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I love that the villain is called Lord Business. Business is what adults do, the antithesis of children having fun and being creative.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Look at that goddamn wild west saloon themed plane :allears:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Robot banditos and señoritas?! gently caress yes.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
If they don't have that Spaceship as a set, I will start leaving Lego bricks all over the floors of the houses of every Lego VIP.

Also, I want that Secret Police hover car:

Dat Space Police-reminiscent cell. :swoon:

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 30, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

Dat Space Plice-reminiscent cell. :swoon:

Dat ball and socket joint on the front. :swoon: x2

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

I'm attempting to make a custom modular building, but need a lot of pieces to complete it. I've never bought individual pieces, so was hoping for some advice:

-I know you can buy individual bricks form Lego, but on their site I had a hard time actually figuring out how. Does anyone know an easy way to search for individual bricks in the Lego online shop?

-Bricklink definitely has great options, but I don't want to buy from a ton of different stores. Does anyone have advice on good buying practices or recommended shops?

Thanks!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rustie posted:

-Bricklink definitely has great options, but I don't want to buy from a ton of different stores. Does anyone have advice on good buying practices or recommended shops?

Look into their wanted list feature.. it obligates you to build out an XML file which is kind of an annoyance, but once you upload it automatically finds stores selling each brick. Then you go to the Wanted/By Shop tab and it'll let you select a want list, and the top results will be stores that have the best matching inventory.

If you click on a store while on that page, it'll automatically bring up a list of your desired parts too.

It's a cool feature, the hardest part is building out the XML file (I think there's apps out there to help create it for you, I just did a lot of cutting and pasting).

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

xzzy posted:

Look into their wanted list feature.. it obligates you to build out an XML file which is kind of an annoyance, but once you upload it automatically finds stores selling each brick. Then you go to the Wanted/By Shop tab and it'll let you select a want list, and the top results will be stores that have the best matching inventory.

If you click on a store while on that page, it'll automatically bring up a list of your desired parts too.

It's a cool feature, the hardest part is building out the XML file (I think there's apps out there to help create it for you, I just did a lot of cutting and pasting).

Thanks! That's incredibly helpful.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

xzzy posted:

Seconding Bricklink's wanted list, although I didn't use an XML file, I just went to each piece I wanted and clicked add to wanted list then edited the quantities later.

I have been considering trying to make my own custom modular as well, but I I kinda want to try to make like a park or an alley, something different than another building. Anyone have any ideas for like a modular park?

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Rathina posted:

Got the new catalog in the mail today. I really don't like any of the sets from the movie

I also got a catalog, and you're wrong, these sets look amazing. Cloud Cuckoo Palace, yall. CLOUD CUCKOO PALACE.

Seriously though, same page: Rescue Reinforcements.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Colonel Sanders posted:

Seconding Bricklink's wanted list, although I didn't use an XML file, I just went to each piece I wanted and clicked add to wanted list then edited the quantities later.

I have been considering trying to make my own custom modular as well, but I I kinda want to try to make like a park or an alley, something different than another building. Anyone have any ideas for like a modular park?

I want to do a narrow China Town open air market and put it between the cinema and the new restaurant. The rope with studs (spider-man's webbing) would be great for hanging lanterns. Feel free to steal that idea.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Colonel Sanders posted:

I think a neighborhood garden would be cool. Make some gothic-ish black fencing, maybe SNOT some log bricks to be tilled soil, brick-build some crops, a small toolshed, maybe have a little lounge area.
Or a Modular Vacant Lot, filled with overgrown weeds, broken graffiti-covered walls, neighborhood trash, and some drug addicts.

I want to do a modular inverse-corner shop of some sort.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So looking over the new catalog and seeing the Helicopter Surveillance set, I've figured out(though I'm sure other people have realized this for years) how some designers are getting around the no "war" themed sets rule. Just call it a police set. Problem solved.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
the police are practically a second military anyway YEAH BLAMMO LF IS BACK

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Got this set because it was really cheap and secondly LOOK AT THAT BEAVER.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I do wish the City line would branch out a little more from "here's a couple of trucks and 15 police/fire sets". The little bank a couple years ago was cool, and that of course got made so it could also have cops and robbers shoehorned into it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The rear end Stooge posted:

the police are practically a second military anyway YEAH BLAMMO LF IS BACK

Honestly, the only thing stopping me from buying that set is that I don't have any need (or room at the moment) for the rest of the stuff it comes with.

I wish Lego would just make strict aircraft models of warplanes and stuff if they want to adhere to their no war toys policy. I don't need any bombs or guns, just let me make some WW2 fighters as well. I mean the Sopwith Camel got a release, how long do I have to wait for Supermarine Spitfire model?

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Dec 31, 2013

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

ElwoodCuse posted:

I do wish the City line would branch out a little more from "here's a couple of trucks and 15 police/fire sets". The little bank a couple years ago was cool, and that of course got made so it could also have cops and robbers shoehorned into it.

Yeah, some smaller scale buildings would be nice. They had City Garage but that's more of a playset design. Town Square is nice but rare and ends up expensive because it also has a ton of minifigs and two sizable vehicles included.

I guess building only sets just don't sell to kids. Except Friends has some, so maybe just boys vs girls.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

SynthOrange posted:

Got this set because it was really cheap and secondly LOOK AT THAT BEAVER.

THATS WHAT I SAID WHEN I GOT IT but I thought it was a squirrel at first. The one I have is serving as a superior ride for Gandalf to the one that comes with black gate/orthanc, but I really want to grab another one to build that beaver.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

So looking over the new catalog and seeing the Helicopter Surveillance set, I've figured out(though I'm sure other people have realized this for years) how some designers are getting around the no "war" themed sets rule. Just call it a police set. Problem solved.

I admit I wanna rebuild the 60021 Cargo Heliplane into an all grey version.

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.

Cooked Auto posted:

I admit I wanna rebuild the 60021 Cargo Heliplane into an all grey version.

I laughed to myself when I first saw this set in the store. The Osprey has reputation of being a high-priced death trap.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

FingersMaloy posted:

I laughed to myself when I first saw this set in the store. The Osprey has reputation of being a high-priced death trap.

ehhh, not really (anymore at least). It had a few notable crashes when it was in it's testing and proving phase, but it's been in use for a couple of years now and it's failure rate is no worse, if not better, than the CH-46 (which it's replacing in the Marines).

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 31, 2013

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

My TRU got a fresh shipment today and had every LEGO Movie set EXCEPT Cloud Cuckoo Palace. On the plus side, there was an untouched box of the new minifigs. I got 10 unique ones and a double of Emmet to give to my nephew. I meant to buy a second panda, but somehow got a second mermaid instead. Not sure how I screwed that one up.

The Mexican waiter may be the greatest design they've had yet. The zipper on the back of the panda guy is awesome.

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.

Handsome Ralph posted:

ehhh, not really (anymore at least). It had a few notable crashes when it was in it's testing and proving phase, but it's been in use for a couple of years now and it's failure rate is no worse, if not better, than the CH-46 (which it's replacing in the Marines).

"Had", I guess was a better choice. I remember it was a big deal when Time when did its exposé a few years ago.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Upcoming new set:

My oh my!

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Is that a mech on top of the ship?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Guzwar posted:

Is that a mech on top of the ship?

That's Metalbeard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Will it be the same basic build as the recent licensed pirate boats, I wonder? It'd be nice to see something different.