Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

File:Weev-selfportrait-prophet.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Kira was well guarded, however, and his residence had been fortified to prevent just such an event. The ronin saw that they would have to put him off his guard before they could succeed. To quell the suspicions of Kira and other shogunate authorities, they dispersed and became tradesmen and monks.

Ōishi took up residence in Kyoto and began to frequently visit brothels and taverns, as if nothing were further from his mind than revenge. Kira still feared a trap, and sent spies to watch the former retainers of Asano.

One day, as Ōishi returned home drunk, he fell down in the street and went to sleep, and all the passers-by laughed at him. A Satsuma man, passing by, was infuriated by this behaviour on the part of a samurai—by his lack of courage to avenge his master as well as his current debauched behaviour. The Satsuma man abused and insulted Ōishi, kicked him in the face (to even touch the face of a samurai was a great insult, let alone strike it), and spat on him.

Not too long after, Ōishi went to his loyal wife of twenty years and divorced her so that no harm would come to her when the ronin took revenge. He sent her away with their two younger children to live with her parents; he gave the eldest boy, Chikara, a choice to stay and fight or to leave. Chikara remained with his father.

Ōishi began to act oddly and very unlike the composed samurai. He frequented geisha houses (particularly Ichiriki Chaya), drank nightly, and acted obscenely in public. Ōishi's men bought a geisha, hoping she would calm him. This was all a ruse to rid Ōishi of his spies.

wow this narrative isnt confusing at all

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 31, 2013

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

prefect posted:

are they suggesting that because unicef is funded by the un, which is funded by the members, they shouldn't be able to lobby governments? i guess i could see some kind of logic there, maybe :shrug:

i think theyre saying its wrong for baka gaijin to try to ban their lolicons because they are really 10000 year old demon witches so its not creepy at all

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Toilet Clam posted:

i think theyre saying its wrong for baka gaijin to try to ban their lolicons because they are really 10000 year old demon witches so its not creepy at all

also :reddit: free speech and all that

governments lobby each others and themselves all the time, it's just no called "lobbying"

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

FrozenVent posted:

also :reddit: free speech and all that

i have gotten extremely mad at people who say that its ok that reddit allows pedos and racists and MRAs and all that poo poo under the reasoning of "everyone has a right to speak" and "maybe theyll change their point of views by reading other peoples posts"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i have gotten extremely mad at people who say that its ok that reddit allows pedos and racists and MRAs and all that poo poo under the reasoning of "everyone has a right to speak" and "maybe theyll change their point of views by reading other peoples posts"

for the real funny, go to a country not the us and watch as americans scream about their constitutional rights when they get arrested or the government of the country they're in does something they don't like

also canadians bitching about their first amendment rights, lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

apparently it is a pretty common probelm in canadian courts to have defendants saying "i plead the fifth amendment" and the judge is all :rolleyes: "remind me which section of the canadian charter of rights and freedoms that's in, again?"

also i've heard of quite a few problems with american tourists going to places like france or germany or italy which they assume is just like america but charmingly different accents, only to smoke a joint and find out that in those countries there is no such thing as an unlawful search or detention and the presumption of innocence does not exist

and to make it not all dumb north americans, i have heard that many european emergency departments now maintain 911 as a secondary number because the locals have quit remembering that they're supposed to call 999 or 112 or w/e it had actually been for several decades

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 1, 2014

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

also whenever there's something suspicious on a cruise ship people are always calling for the FBI to investigate

yeah the fbi has all kind of jurisdiction on a bahamian flagged ship off the coast of spain i know about the convention for the prevention of unlawful acts at sea and all that poo poo so don't sperg out, but it's not as simple as picking up the phone in a cabin, dialing 911 and asking for the criminal mind people to get on an helicopter

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sagebrush posted:

apparently it is a pretty common probelm in canadian courts to have defendants saying "i plead the fifth amendment" and the judge is all :rolleyes: "remind me which section of the canadian charter of rights and freedoms that's in, again?"

also i've heard of quite a few problems with american tourists going to places like france or germany or italy which they assume is just like america but charmingly different accents, only to smoke a joint and find out that in those countries there is no such thing as an unlawful search or detention and the presumption of innocence does not exist

and to make it not all dumb north americans, i have heard that many european emergency departments now maintain 911 as a secondary number because the locals have quit remembering that they're supposed to call 999 or 112 or w/e it had actually been for several decades

don't forget that there's tons of "sovereign citizen" people in canada who also make the exact same arguments as their american brethren, down to the same misunderstandings of the us constitution. thats why it was some judge in like alberta who wrote a definitive takedown of soverign citizen arguments.

yeah a lot of people just assume that all of europe is liek the dutch as far as drugs go when really a lot of them have laws for drugs on par with fuckin oklahoma. those countries do have unlawful search and detention tho, but a dude with a joint right out there beign searched dont qualify.

911 is firmly ingrained in people the world over from american media. just about all countries have 911 redirect to their real emergency number now, in no small part due to the fact that almost none of them used "911" for anything else to start with. incidentally things like 112 and 119 and 999 and other emergency numbers from other places tend to redirect to 911 on us/canadian cell networks

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Install Windows posted:

911 is firmly ingrained in people the world over from american media. just about all countries have 911 redirect to their real emergency number now, in no small part due to the fact that almost none of them used "911" for anything else to start with. incidentally things like 112 and 119 and 999 and other emergency numbers from other places tend to redirect to 911 on us/canadian cell networks

i got to play 911 operator when i worked on a cruise ship, and it was funny as gently caress because people would call 911 for the dumbest poo poo, ("how do i get to the spa?") or when they had an actual emergency you'd ask them where they were and they'd be like "uh I'm on a ship, we left san juan about an hour and a half ago... the (wrong ship name), it's white."

thank loving god for caller id, and holy poo poo i have a lot of respect for actual 911 operators

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Install Windows posted:

those countries do have unlawful search and detention tho

not in the sense that people think of in america. in france for instance police don't need a warrant or a reason to kick down your door and search your house

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

i got to play 911 operator when i worked on a cruise ship, and it was funny as gently caress because people would call 911 for the dumbest poo poo, ("how do i get to the spa?") or when they had an actual emergency you'd ask them where they were and they'd be like "uh I'm on a ship, we left san juan about an hour and a half ago... the (wrong ship name), it's white."

thank loving god for caller id, and holy poo poo i have a lot of respect for actual 911 operators

I know people who were 911 ops and yeh there was a lot of I NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL MY AIDS IS ACTING UP, the ambulance would rush them to the hospital, then the guy would get out and walk to the shopping center across the road

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

I know people who were 911 ops and yeh there was a lot of I NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL MY AIDS IS ACTING UP, the ambulance would rush them to the hospital, then the guy would get out and walk to the shopping center across the road

so then they got charged with theft of services + stuck with a $1k bill?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

syscall girl posted:

It's typically the indigent, so good luck collecting.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

syscall girl posted:

the best story i remember was some woman who paid for her food at mcdonalds and called 911 when she was informed theyd just run out of the dollar menu item she ordered and would she like to substitute something else. i paid for a mcnuggets i don't want no hamburger SEND THE COPS THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the best story i remember was some woman who paid for her food at mcdonalds and called 911 when she was informed theyd just run out of the dollar menu item she ordered and would she like to substitute something else. i paid for a mcnuggets i don't want no hamburger SEND THE COPS THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

tbf how does mcdonalds run out of chicken mcnuggets thats gotta be a conspiracy or some poo poo call in the fbi

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Quine Connoisseur posted:

tbf how does mcdonalds run out of chicken mcnuggets thats gotta be a conspiracy or some poo poo call in the fbi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0p6QVBqAXA

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumpology

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
wasn't mrs. stallone's practice on the frontpage at one point? also laffin' @ this:

quote:

Criticism [edit]

Upon learning about a TV show 'rumpologist' known as Professor Jose Miranda (a pupil of Stallone's[7]), the Florida psychic Sheree Silver disassociated herself from the practice, telling the Sun-Sentinel, "I can't imagine anyone wasting their time and money on someone like this when there are so many legitimate psychics out there."[9]

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Sagebrush posted:

wait you got this backwards

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Murders of female naturalists in Africa

Joan Root was a conservationist. She was murdered in Africa in 2006. Dian Fossey was a conservationist. She was murdered in Africa in 1985. They were both women of caucasian heritage. Coincidence?
--Atikokan (talk) 03:15, 10 February 2013 (UTC)

Concern with murder of female conservationists in Africa who are of caucasian heritage

Is this worthy of a separate Wikipedia entry? There are numerous cases now, of the murders (mostly unsolved) of White female environmentalists and conservationists in Africa.

Dian Fossey.
Joan Root.
Ymke Warren.
(REF: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/cameroon/7864423/British-gorilla-expert-murdered-in-Cameroon.html)

Is there a serial killer at work? Targeting them because of their racial heritage? Or is there a political motive? This needs to be dealt with. We cannot continue to sweep this under the rug. This is the sort of thing for which Wikipedia was invented - to disseminate cogent facts throughout the world, and spark debate amongst intellectuals who have the power to change things for the better.

Or am I wrong?
--Atikokan (talk) 03:25, 10 February 2013 (UTC)

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
wikipedia: the world internet detective agency

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

do rumpology-bots dream of symbolic buttes?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Lutha Mahtin posted:

do rumpology-bots dream of symbolic buttes?

who doesn't?

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_comic_book_drugs

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

lol good one

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

devil fruits arent drugs what the gently caress

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

extremis was actually a virus, not a drug :spergin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
why isn't the joker's smile gas on there

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_State_Road_166

road pages are loving weird

gay devil fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 2, 2014

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 3, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

lots of em are semi-automatcally generated from government info web sites, which ar eok to dump into wikipedia because us governments basically can't claim copyright

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Install Windows posted:

lots of em are semi-automatcally generated from government info web sites, which ar eok to dump into wikipedia because us governments basically can't claim copyright

*doesnt try to claim copyright

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

haveblue posted:

its a weapon not a drug.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haveblue posted:

the page has a stupid title, that's why

This is a list of performance enhancers, serums, trigger chemicals, booster drugs, and mutagenic foods in universes, that were used to give a specific hero or villain their powers.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
never mind, had the tab open too long

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

prefect posted:

the page has a stupid title, that's why

This is a list of performance enhancers, serums, trigger chemicals, booster drugs, and mutagenic foods in universes, that were used to give a specific hero or villain their powers.

im figuratively shocked that dc has never thought to write an issue of any comic where the joker gas gave someone superpowers instead of killing them. that seems like something that would have happend in dozens of issues in the silver age. what the hell

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Install Windows posted:

us governments basically can't claim copyright

plz engage in some fishmechin' to explain why this statement is correct in the general case when im sure you're already aware it's only true in whatever :spergin: corner case you think everyone should be required to characterize the issue in, because :spergin:

no wait, don't do that :spergout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:John_Romero