Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Laurel is a really convincing CGI character and almost as good as Gollum. Really impressive considering it's a cheap TV show. The uncanny valley still creeps up if you look at its vacant eyes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Question - what have been the moments in TV IV where an episode or a moment in a TV show have collectively made a thread/forum completely lose it?

I remember how nuts people went over the Red Wedding, and would have loved to have been here during the last ten minutes of Crossroads, Part 2...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CobiWann posted:

Question - what have been the moments in TV IV where an episode or a moment in a TV show have collectively made a thread/forum completely lose it?

I remember how nuts people went over the Red Wedding, and would have loved to have been here during the last ten minutes of Crossroads, Part 2...

I assume another was the last 10 minutes of Lost season 3

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

CobiWann posted:

BSG had a bunch of them. The "one year later" thing was big.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CobiWann posted:

The Arrow thread, every Wednesday night.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Spartacus finale was as good as RW

Even better to me because it wasn't 3/4 of the people already knowing what was going to happen and holding it over the heads of everybody else, it was collectively everybody losing their poo poo together all at the same time

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 1, 2014

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
PoI's Endgame arc especially the montage at the start of part 3.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Tony out of loving nowhere on 24, season 4.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

The fact that Netflix streaming movies and TV expire is front loving page news on cnn.com this morning.

That being said, today's your last chance to watch Kids in the Hall.

Not only that, their source was a loving Reddit post.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Not only that, their source was a loving Reddit post.

Next top story is all the hate speech directed to a shadowy entity known only as "OP".

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
The Hannibal thread lost its poo poo during the finale. It was glorious. :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Annakie posted:

Tony out of loving nowhere on 24, season 4.

What about ITS JACK BAUER! scene?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

:commissar:

RUN!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I seem to remember a huge Holy gently caress moment when
DING
DING
DING
DING
DING
BOOM

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bobkatt013 posted:

DING
DING
DING
DING
DING
BOOM
*walks out of wreckage with half a face intact*
*straightens tie*
*falls to the floor and dies*

I was watching the marathon on AMC the past few days. This was my 4th time marathonning the series over the years but the 1st since the series finale so I got to see it from the start to the very end. The finale is still so goddamn satisfying.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

DING
DING
DING
DING
DING
BOOM

You better tread lightly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Forums reactions aside, what is your personal most holky gently caress TV moment.

Mine's probably the whole rescue from New Caprica. Start to finish, best action sequence on TV of all time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Forums reactions aside, what is your personal most holky gently caress TV moment.

Mine's probably the whole rescue from New Caprica. Start to finish, best action sequence on TV of all time.

The destruction of the arena in Spartacus Vengeance.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

Are you trying to say that Glory and Ben... are one and the same?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

The final episode of The Prisoner. I mean, holy poo poo, that show is like 40 years old and it's still one of the most amazingly bonkers endings to anything ever.

Same with Twin Peaks, if anything the fact that the insane ending came after 2/3rds of a season of boring, Lynch-less monotony just made it that much more :tviv:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

For me it was when he went to save her, and I knew from everything I'd seen on TV at that point that the protagonist will always do the "right thing" so I knew he'd stop the horrific thing that was happening. And then he let her choke.

And her eyes opened and she saw, in her last moments of consciousness, the being that let her die.

That was the moment I knew I was watching a masterpiece in the making.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Stop being so goddamn cryptic and put the show you're talking about in the spoilers! I know what show you mean but I have no idea what rarity is on about.

End of s3 and One Minute in BrBa are up there.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

Stop being so goddamn cryptic and put the show you're talking about in the spoilers! I know what show you mean but I have no idea what rarity is on about.

End of s3 and One Minute in BrBa are up there.

Buffy Season 5. Your first holkyfuck is your best holkyfuck.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
A few things in The Wire for me, probably. Wallace, Stringer, stuff like that.

New Caprica on BSG.

Alphas when David Straitharn straight up tortured a dude.

The West Wing scene with Bartlet yelling in the church. And the whole rest of the episode.

I can't really think of too many others where I had to just sit there and kind of absorb what had happened in a show. Things that surprised me, maybe, but nothing else where I honestly had to take a brain break and meditate.

Edit: Oh how could I forget, the end of the Donna story arc on Doctor Who. That wasn't so much meditating as crying my eyes out though.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Don't Stop....

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CobiWann posted:

There was the episode of 24 that inspired :tviv:, for one...

My favorite one of this year was the scene in Orphan Black involving Allison, her neighbor, and a garbage disposal.

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 1, 2014

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

CobiWann posted:

I actually didn't react much to the Red Wedding and I watched it live with some friends.

I don't think I'm normal.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
VH1's showing a Happy Endings marathon, guys. I guess the channel is good for something.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Lucretia's baby fueled cliff jumping Spartacus season 3

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sophia posted:

Alphas when David Straitharn straight up tortured a dude.

One of mine was the Alphas season 2 finale. Boy I couldn't wait for that to get resolved!

:smithicide:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

CPFortest posted:

Don't Stop....

That's a Jenna Jameson quote isn't it?

With regards to PoI, I can see why people here go apeshit over it; it's a really great show. I'm still uncertain as to whether one of the main protagonists is going to turn out to be the main antagonist - or even if those terms are supposed to end up being meaningless once all is said and done. I mean, look at what is going on in real life with regards to surveillance; who are the "goodies" and who are the "baddies"? ...yeah.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable :tviv: moment.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Cactus posted:

I hope this is a joke and that you're aware I'm talking about the Sopranos' last scene.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Midnight City posted:

Lucretia's baby fueled cliff jumping Spartacus season 3

The climax of the Spartacus episode Party Favors was the only time I have had a visceral reaction to a tv show. There are a lot of satisfying moments on television, a lot of surprises and a whole lot of clever writing, but the injustice of that scene was utterly devastating.

In short, everybody should watch Spartacus.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cactus posted:

With regards to PoI, I can see why people here go apeshit over it; it's a really great show. I'm still uncertain as to whether one of the main protagonists is going to turn out to be the main antagonist - or even if those terms are supposed to end up being meaningless once all is said and done. I mean, look at what is going on in real life with regards to surveillance; who are the "goodies" and who are the "baddies"? ...yeah.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable :tviv: moment.

Which episode are you on? Given your wording it sounds like you just got past ep 13 of s2, but I could be wrong.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 1, 2014

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Personal :tviv: moments? A lot of people talk about Hannibal, but nobody seems to talk about what happened between Gideon, Chilton, and Freddie Lounds in Episode 11. I'm not even going to put it behind spoiler tags, but please observe my reaction to it.

DivisionPost posted:

Oh no.

No.

No no no.
No.

DivisionPost posted:

gently caress THIS

gently caress YOU

gently caress YOU

I WON'T DO IT gently caress YOU

gently caress

Hannibal is horrifying.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

Which episode are you on? Given your wording it sounds like you just got past ep 13 of s2, but I could be wrong.

I just got done with number 13.

If you go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3firUVMP5KQ and forward to 50 mins in: what is that track? That is the one feel like I've heard before. The one straight after it is really loving cool as well.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

If I had Heart by Fever Ray, the following track is Down Boy Down by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Edit: Episode 2x16 has my favorite song use in the whole show, it's also a huge gamechanger episode and my favorite of s2.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
And If I Had a Heart is the Vikings theme, so it might be from there (other than Fever Ray and The Knife just being awesome).

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

If I had Heart by Fever Ray, the following track is Down Boy Down by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Edit: Episode 2x16 has my favorite song use in the whole show, it's also a huge gamechanger episode and my favorite of s2.

I can't watch anymore till tomorrow. I await the oh,holyfuck of episode 16.

I await.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If I Had A Heart was in Breaking Bad too, when Jesse go-karts alone and then goes back to his house where this raging meth party is happening but he just observes it all looking dead inside.

• Locked thread