Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Let me preface this entire post by clearly stating my stance on the issue. I believe that marijuana is caught in an unfortunate double-whammy of currently established law- "quality of life" smoking bans and public intoxication law. I think other various methods of consumption that don't involve smoke or any other potential for third-party effect transmission may be perfectly permissible in public areas but may still be subject to public intoxication law. Existing laws support this; you may not be allowed to smoke in certain areas but that doesn't remove your right to enjoy chewing tobacco, snuff, snus, or any other style of tobacco consumption that doesn't involve smoke (e-cigs are a relatively new method which are still a mystery for many people regarding acceptable usage). It should be absolutely within one's rights to enjoy a legal substance provided consumption does not negatively impact the quality of life or endanger those around.

I don't really want to get into dissecting existing smoking laws because I feel like the reasoning is fairly clear for most people. Your point that marijuana may not have any long-term adverse health effects is questionable at best and completely ignores temporary ailments like irritated eyes, throats, or transmission of effect. I feel that the majority of the non-smoking population (and a good portion of those who did smoke) now enjoy not being saddled with the smell of someone else's smoke on their clothes and in their hair thanks to smoking bans. This may not have been a pivotal point in passing the laws in the first place but is the exact type of situation which justifies quality of life laws.

Crime reduction as a result of public smoking is ridiculous. Punishment for breaking current smoking laws is typically a citation for the offender and the establishment that, either knowingly or unknowingly, provided the venue. Any reduction in crime, overcrowded jails, costs to the public, ect. is done by legalization of the substance, not by unregulating use.

Most of your other points are based off what seems to be selective portions of unsourced studies. If you really want to try and make a claim that having everyone behind the wheel of a car (which, I should note, is hardly a public place) is better at operating a vehicle I'd love to see the evidence that supports your claim.
Marijuana's smell does not stick to clothing or hair like tobacco does. And like you say, as with tobacco there are many ways to enjoy marijuana without smoking it. Irritated eyes and throats are also effects of drinking alcohol, fyi.

Police in this day and age don't work by the book, and police forces throughout the country are heavily corrupt. Any way to decrease the number of interactions between police and individuals is a net good in regards to police abuse cases, at least until such time as police forces can be reformed in America. Even if we agree that the only result from public use of marijuana is a minor citation, that is money coming out of the economy (and let's be honest out of the pockets of people who can least afford to pay) that is not creating anything, is not serving anyone, and will simply be spent on paying an officer to walk around trying to smell marijuana instead of real crime. It's the governmental equivalent of make-work, because I'm sure you won't try and argue that anti-public consumption laws actually do anything to lower public consumption of marijuana.

As for the studies, I am sorry but I joined this forum to post in LF so I am used to being able to mention commonly known facts without having to prove them, especially in a thread that is as focused as this one where the subject matter should be heavily researched by the participating posters. Nevertheless, let me appease you.

Also I should note that you are trying to mischaracterize my statements as "claim that having everyone behind the wheel of a car [stoned]" and I should correct you. I didn't say that, go back and read it again if you have to.

Here is a study made by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) stating that there is no correlation between THC and an increased accident risk, and in fact there may be lower rates of accidents for marijuana users. When compared with alcohol, the contrast is stark; alcohol is involved in 25% of traffic accidents.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/

In this study by the Dutch Road Safety Research Institute, it was found that "No increased risk for road trauma was found for drivers exposed to cannabis."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15094417

This study, made by 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com (a national auto insurance quote company) stated that marijuana users are safer drivers than non-marijuana users:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/4/prweb9375729.htm

Here is a study done showing that states that enacted MMJ laws had 9% fewer traffic fatalities than before MMJ was legal:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2011/12/02/driving-stoned-safer-than-driving-drunk/

Here's an entertaining video if you can't concentrate on all those words:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5C0xdwbg_4

Here are studies showing that cannabinoids kill tumor cells in human tissue and live animals:
http://norml.org/library/item/gliomascancer

More rat studies:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0272059096900482

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Powercrazy posted:

the most we will get seems to be hookah bars where smoking weed is legal. But I don't know if those are possible in Denver or anywhere yet.
expressly prohibited statewide

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

TenementFunster posted:

expressly prohibited statewide

Yea. Hopefully that changes. If I can go to a bar and get drunk, why can't I go to a similar (or even the same place), and get high.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Because think of the children! :rolleyes:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The Denver Post has published a list of the dispensaries that have told them they'll be opening tomorrow, as well as a few others that will be opening in the coming months. Looks like one of the Garden City dispensaries is opening, so not all hope is lost for residents of Greeley :woop:

quote:

A definitive list of Colorado shops open for recreational marijuana sales on New Year's Day is difficult to nail down — some shops are still waiting for licensing, or other items, and may not decide until the last minute. By law, none can open before 8 a.m. Wednesday.

The following Denver shops tell The Denver Post they plan to begin selling recreational marijuana on Wednesday:

Open on Jan. 1 in Denver

• CitiMed, 1640 E. Evans Ave.

• Dank Colorado, 3835 Elm St.

• Denver Kush Club, 2615 Welton St.

• Evergreen Apothecary, 1568 S. Broadway

• The Grove, 74 Federal Blvd.

• The Green Solution, 2601 W. Alameda Ave.

• The Green Solution, 4400 Grape St.

• The Healing House Denver, 2383 Downing St.

• The Health Center, 1736 Downing St.

• Kindman, 4125 Elati St.

• LoDo Wellness, 1617 Wazee St.

• Medicine Man Denver, 4750 Nome St.

• The Shelter, 4095 Jackson St.

• 3D Cannabis Center, 4305 Brighton Blvd.

The following shops licensed outside Denver tell The Post they are expected to open on Wednesday, along with others that may or may not get the doors open, and more planning to begin sales later.

Open on Jan. 1:

• Alpenglow Botanicals, Breckenridge

• Alpine Wellness, Telluride

• Alternative Medical Supplies, Black Hawk

• Annie's Tobacco Emporium, Central City

• Bioenergetic Healing Center, Frisco

• BotanaCare LLC, Northglenn

• Breckenridge Cannabis Club

• Bud Med Health Center, Edgewater

• Cloud 9 Caregivers, Garden City

• Green Grass LLC, Central City

• High Country Healing, Silverthorne

• High Country Healing II, Alma

• Marisol Therapeutics, Pueblo

• Milagro Wellness Healing, Dumont

• Patients Choice, 2517 Sheridan Blvd, Edgewater

• Serene Wellness, Empire

• Telluride Bud Company, Telluride

• Telluride Green Room, Telluride

• The Kine Mine, Idaho Springs

• The Greener Side, Pueblo

May be open on Jan. 1, but it could be later:

• Ever-green Herbal Remedies, Idaho Springs.

• Organix, Breckenridge.

Planning to open later:

• Nature's Herbs & Wellness Center, Garden City, opening in March

• Cloud City Compassionate Care, Leadville, opening soon after Jan. 1

• Silver Peak Apothecary, Aspen, expects to open around Feb. 1

• Natural Choice Coop, Steamboat Springs, expects to open Feb. 10

• Nature's Herbs & Wellness Center, Garden City, opening in March

• Rocky Mountain Remedies, Steamboat Springs, opening by mid-January

• Sunrise Solutions, Bailey, expects to open by mid-January

• Green Solution, Northglenn, expects to open mid-January

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I think most smokers nowadays realize that their habit is generally pretty terrible. Hell, I smoke and I like the no smoking in bars rule because I don't come home smelling like I started a forest fire and I don't end up smoking a pack and a half in a night out. Everyone wins. A similar ban on marijuana doesn't seem like such a bad thing to me, not everyone enjoys the smell of a good skunky strain.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Does the ban on smoking establishments in the law as passed ban all consumption or just smoking specifically?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I don't think anyone disagrees with that, but as it is, you can't even have dedicated smoking places. As in a place with the explicit purpose of hanging out with friends and smoking in a public place.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Install Windows posted:

Does the ban on smoking establishments in the law as passed ban all consumption or just smoking specifically?

Is "welcome to the bar, enjoy our fine selection of edibles" in our future, perhaps?

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Powercrazy posted:

I don't think anyone disagrees with that, but as it is, you can't even have dedicated smoking places. As in a place with the explicit purpose of hanging out with friends and smoking in a public place.

Are hookah bars not strictly legal, or is there a legal exception of some kind for them?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

showbiz_liz posted:

Are hookah bars not strictly legal, or is there a legal exception of some kind for them?

I'm pretty sure they get a special exemption, since in most states smoking indoors/public places isn't legal. However with marijuana in Colorado, there isn't an exemption available, (that I'm aware of.) So while a hookah bar with tobacco/whatever is fine, marijuana is explicitly not allowed, and I'm sure any licensed dispensary would lose their license if they were caught operating a Marijuana Hookah bar.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

I'm sure any licensed dispensary would lose their license if they were caught operating a Marijuana Hookah bar.

In CA, the new dispensary I went to offered me "a hit of wax" as a bonus for being a first time patient. So apparently they're either allowed to let you smoke on the premises or are just trusting that no one's going to complain to the cops.

I declined, because I was driving! I'm very safe with my federally illegal drug use.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Is "welcome to the bar, enjoy our fine selection of edibles" in our future, perhaps?

Probably not. Looking at the text of A64, it prohibits marijuana consumption being "CONDUCTED OPENLY AND PUBLICLY OR IN A MANNER THAT ENDANGERS OTHERS." A bar explicitly selling edibles to be consumed on-site would probably fall under open consumption, and I doubt a bar/restaurant/coffee shop could get a retail marijuana store license in the first place. However, private establishments can regulate consumption (within the bounds set by A64) on their property; hypothetically you could grab a brownie on your way over and eat it at the bar if the owners don't mind. That would mostly depend upon Colorado and the individual locality's definition for public and private spaces though(ie does Colorado consider a private establishment open to the public a private or public space?). I suspect that any use of packaged, licensed marijuana products will be considered open consumption. TenementFunster, being both an actual lawyer and a resident of Colorado, will probably have a definitive answer.

EDIT: Actually, looking at TF's posts, he has already answered this. Retail marijuana establishments cannot allow consumption on premises, and commercial enterprises open to the public are considered a public space. So, no, you cannot buy edibles at a bar or even bring in edibles from elsewhere and consume them there.

On an unrelated matter, I'm applying to a graduate program at CSU-Ft. Collins. If I end up going there, will Garden City be the closest place to buy retail marijuana? I didn't see anywhere else that was closer, at least based off of Google maps and the article posted earlier.

Preem Palver fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 1, 2014

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

WampaLord posted:

In CA, the new dispensary I went to offered me "a hit of wax" as a bonus for being a first time patient.

This is so repulsive. Not you, but the culture surrounding medical marijuana. It's obviously a sham, and yet it's allowed to go on undermining the entire purpose of prescription drugs (which if you think is stupid anyway, fine, but if you find some value in in the current OTC vs Prescription drugs dynamic, you shouldn't be a supporter of medical marijuana.)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Powercrazy posted:

This is so repulsive. Not you, but the culture surrounding medical marijuana. It's obviously a sham, and yet it's allowed to go on undermining the entire purpose of prescription drugs (which if you think is stupid anyway, fine, but if you find some value in in the current OTC vs Prescription drugs dynamic, you shouldn't be a supporter of medical marijuana.)

In California MM clearly also backdoor legalization. The restriction of prescription drugs is to protect people from genuinely harmful compounds and isn't really a big concern for marijuana.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dusseldorf posted:

In California MM clearly also backdoor legalization. The restriction of prescription drugs is to protect people from genuinely harmful compounds and isn't really a big concern for marijuana.

Agree about the harmlessness of marijuana, but you are actively undermining the prescription system, which includes drugs that are genuinely harmful if abused.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yea, CA's medical is widely considered to be a joke. The "patients" I see when I go to dispensaries aren't cancer patients or old people with glaucoma, they're just fellow stoners who were smart enough to pay $40 and claim they had anxiety and trouble sleeping so some quack doc would write them a recommendation.

It's basically just pure legalization hidden behind a $40 paywall. Also, they're not "prescriptions" they're "recommendations" so I'm not sure why you're concerned about the prescription drug industry.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Powercrazy posted:

Agree about the harmlessness of marijuana, but you are actively undermining the prescription system, which includes drugs that are genuinely harmful if abused.

Maybe if it was done in a traditional pharmacy but there's a clear firewall between MM and every other prescription drug.

WampaLord posted:

Yea, CA's medical is widely considered to be a joke. The "patients" I see when I go to dispensaries aren't cancer patients or old people with glaucoma, they're just fellow stoners who were smart enough to pay $40 and claim they had anxiety and trouble sleeping so some quack doc would write them a recommendation.

It's basically just pure legalization hidden behind a $40 paywall.

I'm not sure why easy access is a "joke". The idea that MM can only be for the old or terminally ill is ridiculous. The system is "abused" but that doesn't devalue it.

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 1, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dusseldorf posted:

I'm not sure why easy access is a "joke". The idea that MM can only be for the old or terminally ill is ridiculous. The system is "abused" but that doesn't devalue it.

That's pretty much what it's got actual medical application for. The rest of it would be on the order of having "medical Mountain Dew".

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dusseldorf posted:

Maybe if it was done in a traditional pharmacy but there's a clear firewall between MM and every other prescription drug.

I'm not familiar with the minutia of California Prescription Laws, but what is required to be a "medical" marijuana dealer, as opposed to a pharmacists? And are their Doctors, with MDs and the legal right to write prescriptions, and a different class of people, who aren't necessarily doctors, but can write marijuana prescriptions exclusively?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dusseldorf posted:

Oh, I'm all for legalization in all forms, obviously, and using medical as a backdoor is a perfectly fine tactic. But let's not kid ourselves, the system in CA isn't being used for medicinal benefits by the vast majority of its participants.

There was an Entourage episode about this where Drama gets his weed card. It's pretty accurate from my experience with the CA system.

Edit: In case Powercrazy is interested about the process of getting a card in CA:

Step 1 - Google "weed prescription" and find a "evaluation center"
Step 2 - Go in and fill out a bunch of forms that say "No, really, this is only for medicine and you need to be serious about this."
Step 3 - See the quack doctor, who takes your blood pressure and asks you a few basic questions. Took about 5 minutes.
Step 4 - Go out to the counter and pay $40, plus $15 extra for the actual wallet-sized card (I actually need a new one, I lost mine). Without the card, you get a big piece of paper that works too but is more awkward to carry around. The girl at the counter helpfully gave me recommendations for local dispensaries that offer first-time patient deals.
Step 5 - Go to a dispensary, fill out a bunch more serious paperwork that says "Really, only for medicine" then go back into the shop and talk about how high each strain gets you with the "budtenders"
Step 6 - Buy weed

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 1, 2014

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Powercrazy posted:

Yeah, maybe we should have just waited for the FDA to approve cannabis as a medicine so the SANCTITY OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS was preserved.

How dare I take coffee beans for good liver health don't I realise that I'm UNDERMINING THE FDA!

KingEup fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 1, 2014

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
You don't understand the purpose of prescription drugs, Or you are a libertarian who thinks that drug regulations are unnecessary.

Prescription drug abuse is a huge issue, and by wantonly abusing the system you are actively harming people.

If weed were a placebo the issue would be equally valid.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
It's not really the system since they aren't prescriptions and none of the doctors or vendors are the same as the doctors or vendors who do anything else. Also you probably shouldn't argue against lovely strawmans like that when his opinion is probably more like "the process for how we determine whether a drug is prescription or not is hosed up and its possible to subvert it in the cases where its wrong without undermining it in the cases where its right."

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 1, 2014

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

weed legalization will coincide with the public and common realization that performing fewer activities physically in life alongside decreased caloric consumption leads to a longer lifespan. muffled cough

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Powercrazy posted:

You don't understand the purpose of prescription drugs, Or you are a libertarian who thinks that drug regulations are unnecessary.

Prescription drug abuse is a huge issue, and by wantonly abusing the system you are actively harming people.

Again the actual problem is prohibition, not the abuse of a system designed to victimize people and profit for their suffering. Same goes for prescription drugs being abused.

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
As far as Washington goes, all I have read is that sometime in spring is the earliest you will be able to buy since growers have to start everything from seeds. Is it literally going to be whoever finishes their grow the quickest will be able to be first to the market or will their be some kind of 'soft date' that shops cant open up before?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

The Maroon Hawk posted:

The Denver Post has published a list of the dispensaries that have told them they'll be opening tomorrow, as well as a few others that will be opening in the coming months. Looks like one of the Garden City dispensaries is opening, so not all hope is lost for residents of Greeley :woop:

Yeah ok this is loving straight up awesome.

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.

Powercrazy posted:

As others have pointed out, MMJ really doesn't have anything to do with prescription drugs at all. You can't be "prescribed" marijuana under federal law (which governs all prescription medications) because it's a schedule 1 substance which by definition does not have any legit medical uses (which is obviously crap, but that's what the law is right now).

So, you get a "recommendation" from a "practitioner". This is legal because free speech, and a "recommendation" doesn't carry any legal weight under federal prescription drug regulations. The practitioner specifically does not need to be an MD. Once you have that, you go to the marijuana store and buy some. The marijunana store is not a pharmacy and they can't sell any medications other than weed. So there's really no danger here of someone going to a dredlocked holistic care provider and getting a scrip for Oxycontin or something.

Mind you, this is all completely separate from the question of whether MMJ is a stalking horse for marijuana legalization, which it absolutely is, and which I have no problems with. Or, for that matter, whether an increased availability of certain prescription drugs might lead to reduced abuse of more dangerous, but easier to obtain alternatives. Meth springs to mind.

Edit: I think the most :psyduck: thing I've seen so far is this page on the Denver Government website, which helpfully lists all the businesses selling weed now, and includes a helpful map.

potato of destiny fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 1, 2014

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Powercrazy posted:

You don't understand the purpose of prescription drugs, Or you are a libertarian who thinks that drug regulations are unnecessary. .

Here is what would happen if people had listened to you and successfully stymied the introduction of medical marijuana:

quote:

Pharmaceutical Privilege

In what has become a stain on participatory democratic decision-making based on sound science and expert review, none of the aforementioned recommendations by scientific and medical expert bodies have been implemented by United States federal administrators. Rather, they continue to treat cannabis as a political football instead of a medicinal plant that requires respectful, science-based regulation. This characterization continues to be true under the Obama Administration, despite a Presidential directive issued in March 2009 to federal agencies intended to guarantee scientific integrity in federal policymaking.

However, as had been predicted by some, what is making progress in this federal regulatory environment of cannabis prohibition sustained by a long-standing due process vacuum are private, multinational pharmaceutical interests wishing to capitalize on the clear medicinal value of cannabis by seeking to bring to market cannabis-based medicines with FDA-approved claims of safety and efficacy. For reasons of constructed scarcity, such a business model would stand to gain enormously by the maintenance of a regime of strict cannabis prohibition for the general public, effectively eliminating locally produced, legitimate competition. While there are numerous case studies in this area, including the DEA’s recent allowance of Schedule III THC pills to be manufactured as natural product extractions directly from the federal cannabis farm, let us consider the lead pharmaceutical company in this field, British-based GW Pharmaceuticals. GW Pharmaceuticals was founded in 1998 by Dr. Geoffrey W. Guy, a physician and pharmaceutical developer, who had previously testified in a Parliament-level inquiry on cannabis’s medicinal potentials. GW’s industrial pursuits have done much to add to the understanding of cannabinoid medical science, but their ultimate goal is to bring to the lucrative consumer market highly characterized, FDA-approved, hash oil—mysteriously renamed nabiximols—to treat cancer pain. Privileged with exclusive, nationally granted access to cannabis germplasms (plant genetic resources) that GW may farm and harvest unmolested at undisclosed locations in the southern English countryside, bolstered by process patents issued for cannabis extraction methods first developed in the 19th century, and, most insidiously, camouflaged by a WHO-sanctioned nonproprietary drug naming sleight-of-hand which, in Orwellian fashion, distances liquid carbon dioxide cannabis extractions from the actual contraband plant matter from which they are derived, the company is making significant headway with US and international drug regulators. In late June 2010, twelve years after the company first imported cannabis seeds from European collections, GW announced full regulatory approval from British drug officials for a cannabis extraction for the treatment of spasticity in multiple sclerosis, a key milestone for the UK-based company.

In the U.S., GW insists that their lead product, once it completes the necessary number of clinical trials and wins FDA approval for the indication of cancer pain refractory to opioid therapy, should be placed in a lower Schedule separate from herbal cannabis, which should itself remain in Schedule I. In a 2005 letter to the United States Department of Health and Human Services, that GW Pharmaceuticals distributes at public relations appearances, they boast of their UK license to cultivate various cannabis strains. This author has been told by an anonymous GW employee that the exclusive license was made possible because of Chairman Guy’s personal relationship with former British Prime Minister John Major, who helped broker the company’s exclusive deal with the Home Office. They argue that their lead product, proprietary name Sativex®, is “quite different” from “generic and unrefined cannabis” and that “it cannot be said that all cannabis—or all cannabis extracts—are the same.” Finally, not wanting natural cannabis to share in any of their predicted future legitimization of their extract, they end by saying that “it would be a great irony if generic herbal cannabis were to be removed from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, and made available for general medical use, based in part on data relating to a specific product [Sativex®].” Is not the real irony that GW would have the plant on which their entire company is based, relegated to the status of irredeemably dangerous drug, while their extract of the plant is blithely elevated to the status of profitable, salable good?[13] Is that any way to thank Mother Nature? http://www.denverlawreview.org/medical-marijuana/2010/8/23/cannabis-a-commonwealth-medicinal-plant-long-suppressed-now.html

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Excuse me HELLO,

I would like to stop everything in order to describe why marijuana must be illegal,

Around the turn of the century, the "decorticator" was invented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decorticator

This allowed products such as paper, oil, cloth, most drugs to be created using a backyard, god given ray of light from heaven which naturally aerates soil and is resistant to bugs and weeds.

Around the turn of the century, oil, paper, cloth and many other products already had plants and resources which were being harvested in order to create them.

William Randolph Hearst.

So if someone said that "you can just use this easy plant which is annually renewable and right here which everyone loves" then they would look like loving stupid idiot rear end in a top hat pieces of poo poo.

They don't want to look like that.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Who must admit to themselves and to the public that they have been unbelievably stupid and harmful failures?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Yeah ok this is loving straight up awesome.

loves the names, also a side note the LoDo wellness clinic happens to be across from the
really awesome book store The Tattered Cover.

quote:

• CitiMed, 1640 E. Evans Ave.

• The Clinic Colorado, 3888 East Mexico

• Dank Colorado, 3835 Elm St.

• Denco, 3460 Park Avenue West

• Denver Kush Club, 2615 Welton St.

• Evergreen Apothecary, 1568 S. Broadway

• The Grove, 74 Federal Blvd.

• The Green Solution, 2601 W. Alameda Ave.

• The Green Solution, 4400 Grape St.

• The Healing House Denver, 2383 S. Downing St.

• The Health Center, 1736 Downing St.

• Kindman, 4125 Elati St.

• LoDo Wellness, 1617 Wazee St.

• Medicine Man Denver, 4750 Nome St.

• Mile High Medical Cannabis, 1705 Federal Blvd.

• The Shelter, 4095 Jackson St.

• 3D Cannabis Center, 4305 Brighton Blvd.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Cool Bear posted:

Who must admit to themselves and to the public that they have been unbelievably stupid and harmful failures?

Who will we defeat?

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Cool Bear posted:

Imagine the man who is opposed to marijuana and he fully understands the difference between alcohol and marijuana and the man is not racist in any way,

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Let us imagine the man who says that the legalization of marijuana is good.

Let's imagine him. Maybe he looks like zany Ron Paul.

Maybe he looks like shy Paul Krugman.

Maybe he looks like shy John Maynard Keynes but JMK would be forceful he would be a force for change if you ask me.

Who else?

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.
I'm planning on hitting up a few shops tomorrow and experiencing history first hand. I'll post a trip report. Hopefully they don't sell out before I get there!

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

"Is that weed I smell?"

"As a United States Senator, I have been made aware that when you want to create plastic like tupperware, hemp is the best. Hemp plastic is actually better in every way if we are talking about serious plastic manufacturing.."

EBT
Oct 29, 2005

by Ralp
Am I the only person who gets their recommendation from an actual doctor? The guy I got mine at is also an internalist at UCSF, and my GP asked if she had written my rec or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

EBT posted:

Am I the only person who gets their recommendation from an actual doctor? The guy I got mine at is also an internalist at UCSF, and my GP asked if she had written my rec or not.

I'm sure the nice gentleman who saw me had a medical degree. Probably from the Caribbean.

• Locked thread