Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

283 from 21 overs. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

He looked to be slowing down in that last over, but with a full 50, or even another over or 2, the record for most 6s was definitely on the cards.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

1 . 4 1 . 1 6 1 . 2 1 4 6 1 4 6 1 6 6 . 6 . 6 1 . . 6 6 6 6 6 1 . 1 4 4 1 1 6 6 4 1 2 4 1 6 1 2 2 1

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
NZ motivated by the prospect of losing an ODI series to the Windies?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I miss the West Indian bowling of the 1970s-90s when stuff like this would never happen

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Jesus, I wish I'd seen this, that is mental scoring.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Pathetic cricket really. NZ is killing cricket by creating these flat pitches with 50 meter boundaries. I think they should learn from Sri Lanka how to create sporting pitches. NZ is the most pathetic team in cricket today and i hope ICC should take some action.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Pathetic cricket really. NZ is killing cricket by creating these flat pitches with 50 meter boundaries. I think they should learn from Sri Lanka how to create sporting pitches. NZ is the most pathetic team in cricket today and i hope ICC should take some action.
Cricinfo.txt

FKF
Nov 18, 2003

GOAT LOLZ

Ratios and Tendency posted:

What exactly would you expect the ICC to do? A slap with a wet keeping glove and a 'don't make flat pitches'?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Warner is commentating and it's terrible. He made a joke about Root needing his helmet when he tried to talk to him. You wouldn't think he'd be making jokes about the event that put him out of the team.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Wade edged that. This no DRS cricket is testing my patience.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

MacDougall posted:

Wade edged that. This no DRS cricket is testing my patience.

Edged? He more or less middled that!

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The bail dislodged and then fell back into place, the big bash provides the best entertainment

E: ponting repeatedly making GBS threads on Hussey's captaincy is pretty great as well

Centusin fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jan 1, 2014

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
So apparently Borthwick is possibly going to play in Sydney. They could have at least picked a proper spinner like Kerrigan.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

When is the last test?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Borthwick has been wank whenever I've seen him. Azeem Rafiq is the future.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
More Durham = Better Than. Better get Onions on a flight too.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Regardless, putting a debut spinner in the last game of a dead series with Warner, Watson etc going on the tonk, what could possibly go wrong?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Scylo posted:

Warner is commentating and it's terrible. He made a joke about Root needing his helmet when he tried to talk to him. You wouldn't think he'd be making jokes about the event that put him out of the team.

OTOH Warner is a bigger fuckwit than any fast bowler could even hope to be, so it really isn't surprising.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Mister Chief posted:

When is the last test?

Friday 3rd, 10:30 AM local.

Lionel Richie posted:

Regardless, putting a debut spinner in the last game of a dead series with Warner, Watson etc going on the tonk, what could possibly go wrong?

Nah, they'll play Tremlett and Finn. Can't gently caress it up any more than they have already!

hahaha who are we kidding it's England

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lmao this is making he rounds:

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/418354145792626688

quote:

Just met Ian Chappell for 1st time. 'Hi, Mr Chappell, I'm Piers Morgan,' I said. 'Nah mate, you're a dickhead,' he replied. Meeting over!

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Spot on reaction there

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The media love calling Allan Border grumpy, but Ian Chappell takes it to new levels. Especially with his stoushes with Ian Botham

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Ian Chappell's one of the few Australians I like. I've supported him in all his scuffles against Botham. But at least 90% of his anecdotes sound like they're made up. They're too topical.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I don't mind Chappell, but him and Botham are made for each other; both bullshit merchants.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Ian Chappell is a vocal advocate for asylum seekers and therefore a real cool dude

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Remember when the new years day test actually started on new years day? Not on the 16th of January or whatever this dogshit is

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
http://www.cricket.com.au/video/PMs-chat-with-Pup

a pointless and painful conversation between the PM and Clarke

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

EMC posted:

Remember when the new years day test actually started on new years day? Not on the 16th of January or whatever this dogshit is

You mean the 3rd?

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

You mean the 3rd?

Shameful.

Ryder chat - I heard he got a century and wore a do rag. What's not to like? Anyone know if he's going to play in the India tests?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Scylo posted:

http://www.cricket.com.au/video/PMs-chat-with-Pup

a pointless and painful conversation between the PM and Clarke

I'm just ecstatic that so far we've managed to avoid Tony Abbott in the commentary box on ABC Grandstand. As much as I hated Howard I didn't mind him popping up occasionally as you felt he was genuinely interested in what was going on, but it was pretty cringeworthy when Rudd and Gillard started doing it as well.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

EMC posted:

So would you prefer the boxing day test stayed on boxing day, or the new years day test stayed on new years? Because there isnt exactly a lot of time between the two for rest and recovery, given we are talking about playing in the Australian summer, noted for fine, balmy conditions.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

EMC posted:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/australia/engine/records/team/match_results.html?class=1;id=132;type=ground

That one time in 1995?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Moving it from the 2nd to the 3rd was the annoying one.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I am just upset I have to do gardening instead of watching the cricket :(

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I think I remember ODIs being played around that time when I was a kid. May have dreamed it.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Bevan's ODI was on a New Year's Day.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

fuckpot posted:

Bevan's ODI was on a New Year's Day.

First ODI I had ever been to. What a hell of night that was!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Mark Waugh: my cousin is Shannon Knowles
Viv: Who's she?

Viv: I don't much like the rap stuff, which you'd expect as I'm black.

Mark Howard: do you like Rhianna?
Viv: ...not because of her music.

Yep, the Big Bash commentators are really into the game!

thepokey fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jan 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Love me a comedy run out.

• Locked thread