Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

you crossed the line some time ago and you've never once returned hth

But Dewby we talked about bass strings and there was no anger or tension or name-calling or anything. I found the correspondence both enlightening and interesting. No hate.

PAGE 31

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

Lot of Ibanez on this page. Hot or not?

the only thing thats hot are old guitars that you own because you bought them 50 years ago or inherited from someone who did and new guitars that you bought because they were the best you could get for cheap

50 years from now ppl will being trying to recapture the tone of mid-range beaters of today b/c only complete dickholes that will never go beyond being the best guitarist in their immediate group of friends or one of 6 lead guitarists in some HOT LICKZ shredder act with no appeal to anyone except HOT LICKZ shredder guitarists play anything more expensive than your average mass-produced guitar

blackie didnt make clapton sound great it was the other drat way around

in conclusion that guitar is dumb as poo poo but in true broken clock fashion not for the dumbass reasons faustus is farting on about

no one will ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever give a poo poo about your attack and sustain if you got chops and u write great music

ever

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

But Dewby we talked about bass strings and there was no anger or tension or name-calling or anything. I found the correspondence both enlightening and interesting. No hate.

PAGE 31

you're still really dull though

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
reminder that

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
like did ml banish you for being such a puss or something

it makes no sense for u to be here just getting angry and uppity at ppl who do nothing but laugh at yourparagraphs of serious words

idgi

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'd rather not repeat everything, and I think you would all agree.

The pics of my Seafoam Green JEM which festooned page one and my collection which made up page two were posted by people who didn't like me defending the (as yet, unreleased) Xbox One in the Microsoft Console Hate Thread (since gassed, which I had nothing to do with.) The question was why would you buy an Xbox One on credit and the answer was, "all these guitars." I posted two pics and as soon as I saw "only ugly guitars itt" I knew I was getting called out.
Captain Capslock and his friends made an example of me and I just played along.

It's the new GBS; so there's exactly zero reason to care, just post and post. I haven't broken any rules, I've just answered posts directed to or at me. You all say you don't care, but the amount of posts you've made to argue with me belies the truth.

The amount of hypocrisy itt is astounding but like I said, even the GBS of 2001 wasn't like this.

I enjoyed the gassed Xbox One thread, and this thread has been like a Christmas gift to me.

Happy New Year!

man thats gross posted:

like did ml banish you for being such a puss or something

it makes no sense for u to be here just getting angry and uppity at ppl who do nothing but laugh at yourparagraphs of serious words

idgi

Naw, you see ML doesn't judge like a bunch of cranky toddlers like new GBS does. I've even posted MP3s of my playing and only one person had the veiwpoint that it was basement playing. I'd much rather go back to lurking my favorite forums, but you hateful dissatisfied GBS things can't just be cool, because being cool is being UNcool. That's what's so funny.

So, welcome to 2014.

P.S. - Number of musicians who have answered with MP3s of their own: Zero. They just know they're gonna get crucified in here. I wish no one from ML would come in here, because I don't want them to face the huge wall of negativity I've read for awhile.

VVVV Go on without me!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 2, 2014

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

man thats gross posted:

50 years from now ppl will being trying to recapture the tone of mid-range beaters of today b/c only complete dickholes that will never go beyond being the best guitarist in their immediate group of friends or one of 6 lead guitarists in some HOT LICKZ shredder act with no appeal to anyone except HOT LICKZ shredder guitarists play anything more expensive than your average mass-produced guitar

I dunno, being a fancy guitar doesn't make you better but if you like a guitars looks and it makes you want to play it then w/e.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'd rather not repeat everything, and I think you would all agree.

The pics of my Seafoam Green JEM which festooned page one and my collection which made up page two were posted by people who didn't like me defending the (as yet, unreleased) Xbox One in the Microsoft Console Hate Thread (since gassed, which I had nothing to do with.) The question was why would you buy an Xbox One on credit and the answer was, "all these guitars." I posted two pics and as soon as I saw "only ugly guitars itt" I knew I was getting called out.
Captain Capslock and his friends made an example of me and I just played along.

It's the new GBS; so there's exactly zero reason to care, just post and post. I haven't broken any rules, I've just answered posts directed to or at me. You all say you don't care, but the amount of posts you've made to argue with me belies the truth.

The amount of hypocrisy itt is astounding but like I said, even the GBS of 2001 wasn't like this.

I enjoyed the gassed Xbox One thread, and this thread has been like a Christmas gift to me.

Happy New Year!

Naw, you see ML doesn't judge like a bunch of cranky toddlers like new GBS does. I've even posted MP3s of my playing and only one person had the veiwpoint that it was basement playing. I'd much rather go back to lurking my favorite forums, but you hateful dissatisfied GBS things can't just be cool, because being cool is being UNcool. That's what's so funny.

So, welcome to 2014.

gently caress you get out die in a fire

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
hey guys whats going on

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
can I challenge faustus to a guitar solo challenge in which posters vote for 1 person to be banned

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
^ can i join in i can't solo for poo poo but i got crazy headbanger hair

Harry in Rio posted:

hey guys whats going on

how you gonna play that axe with no strings

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

there's an idea ^^^

Iamthegibbons
Apr 9, 2009
Please make this rock-off happen.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

can I challenge faustus to a guitar solo challenge in which posters vote for 1 person to be banned

voted yes

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

drunk asian neighbor posted:

gently caress you get out die in a fire
I could google PHP and post your posts before you based on a simple hate quotient. You have nothing to say.

Salt Fish posted:

Too late, the audience is biased. Also, you just posted a try-hard post in a thread that "try-hard" guitarists" are just asgpergers syndrome autists.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 2, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I'm routing for the faus.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

Only Rule: "Riffs" that sound like "noodledeedooledeedoodledeedoo" for 7 minutes are instant-lose.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

we should start a guitar gang dudes

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
ive never seen someone sperg and mental internet break down this hard about dumb poo poo and i read games and anime forums

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'd much rather go back to lurking my favorite forums, but you hateful dissatisfied GBS things can't just be cool,

lmao at this dude who thinks posting in gbs is some sort of mandatory self service that he just HAS to do.

Salt Fish posted:

do this

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Too late, the audience is biased. Also, you just posted a try-hard post in a thread that "try-hard guitarists" are just asgpergers syndrome autists.

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

ive never seen someone sperg and mental internet break down this hard about dumb poo poo and i read games and anime forums

You're just projecting.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Too late, the audience is biased. Also, you just posted a try-hard post in a thread that "try-hard" guitarists" are just asgpergers syndrome autists.

You're just projecting.

gently caress you

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

gently caress you

Again????

Salt Fish posted:

I've posted four tracks. Post one.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

dance my puppets, dance!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yes, gently caress you

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

Also, you just posted a try-hard post in a thread that "try-hard guitarists" are just asgpergers syndrome autists.

actually, not once did i ever call you autistic. i've called you humorless, unfunny, twat, douchebag, and liar, but never autistic

e: also "annoyingly persistent human being".

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

dance my puppets, dance!

You're getting too close.

Ootrek posted:

actually, not once did i ever call you autistic. i've called you humorless, unfunny, twat, douchebag, and liar, but never autistic

Be proud of all the things you've called me, and the things you have not. Your pride depends on it. So?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

By the way, take your smallest scrap of sympathy and fold it up into all the sharpest edges and shove it up your rear end.

holy smokes

hostile posting environment!!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

yah sick burn rite

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

Dewgy posted:

dance my puppets, dance!

i have successfully tricked u all into thinking i am a giant retard baby bwhahaha

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

White Dog Eggs posted:

Eh, not to defend the guy or anything, but he's not that bad. He acts like a spoiled fat kid at his own birthday party and cannot loving shut up (seriously, look at his website, he'll have this fantastic technical article about pickup placement or whatever and end it with "PROTECT THE SECOND AMENDMENT, BECAUSE THE SECOND AMENDMENT IS THE ONLY THING PROTECTING THE CONSTITUTION" underneath it, wtf?), but he's supposed to be a pretty fair guy to do business with once he's decided that he likes you.

Personal Anecdote: I was repairing a beat-up old Steinberger for a customer and the guitar needed a new bridge. This would normall be no problem but vintage Steinberger bridges are incompatible with the newer models and, as Ed Roman brought all of their old inventory when they first went under, he is literally the only place in the world to get a new replacement part, so if I want to repair this guitar I have no choice but to ring him up from the UK at 2am (he doesn't do business over email and there is no option to buy from his website), I ring his shop up and tell the guy who answers what I want, he says that Ed deals with that sort of thing and passed me over, conversation went something like this;

Ed: Yea? What do you want?
Me: Err, a Trans-trem bridge for a vintage Steinberger.
Ed: You restoring one or something?
Me: Yea, I'm..
Ed: Because for twice as much I'll build you an instrument that looks the same and plays way better, plus I'll put a decent bridge on it for you, those old bridges ain't up to much
Me: Well, I'm repairing one for a customer and with the trans-trem you are the only game in town, so....
Ed: Hahaha, Town??? What town is that?
Me: The world... Town...
Ed: *Screams of laughter down the phone, I can practically hear his chins wobble* Holy poo poo, world town. World town??? *cue about 2 minutes of laughter* ahh.... gently caress. So you wanted one, ok, where are you calling from?
Me: England.
Ed: You called me up from england and you are probably paying what, 10 dollars a minute to tell me about world town? Jesus christ, you guys crack me up. Ok, give me your details.
[cue about 10 minutes of haggling and getting my payment details and address sorted]
Ed: Okay... Okay Mr Dog Eggs, I'll get it sorted.... Hang on.. This call is gonna cost you MOOCHO DENERRROOO, you need anything else?
Me: No, just the bridge.
Ed: Okay... okay... You're getting something else, what do you want?
Me: Umm... For free?
Ed: I'm the Mayor of World Town, you want some pickups? I'll give you some pickups, I've got boxes of gibson and PRS humbuckers? You want a few??
Me: For free? Yea, sure!
Ed: Okay... Okay... Right.... I've wasted enough time on you, this call is probably costing me more money than it you to you, so that's it. Bye *hangs up*.

About 3 days later I get an express package with the bridge I wanted with 4 random pickups, some 3 x 3 tuners and some Steinberger strings (they have balls at both end) along with a note saying "FROM THE MAYOR OF WORLD TOWN".

The phonecall cost me about £30, the replacement bridge and shipping was pretty expensive, but all the cost got passed to the customer and I got some random free crap. It was pretty confusing but I can't complain. He's an odd guy.

This is a top-notch story, but as far as ugly guitars threads god, if stupid sexy Faustus didn't spoil it, Ed Roman would be king of it.

Seriously, here's a ten-point argument about why one ugly guitar is a forgery of another ugly guitar.
http://www.edroman.com/guitars/jfrog/fake.htm

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

i have successfully tricked u all into thinking i am a giant retard baby bwhahaha
You're awesome. Post your tracks.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

i bet u cant even lift

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yah sick burn rite

came for the sweet surfboard guitar but stayed for the meltdown

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Cobalt60 posted:

This is a top-notch story, but as far as ugly guitars threads god, if stupid sexy Faustus didn't spoil it, Ed Roman would be king of it.

Seriously, here's a ten-point argument about why one ugly guitar is a forgery of another ugly guitar.
http://www.edroman.com/guitars/jfrog/fake.htm

lost it hard at "Pure unadulterated garbage."

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

i bet u cant even lift
O poo poo my one weakness

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

came for the sweet surfboard guitar but stayed for the meltdown

15 pages back son

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

this is funny bc you think anyone is taking you seriously enough to actually rise to this pathetic challenge

so when no one posts a TOTALLY KILLER track u can go to sleep in your bed made of fifty identical guitars thinking you won

but in reality we all lost

you most of all

but we all lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

man thats gross posted:

this is funny bc you think anyone is taking you seriously enough to actually rise to this pathetic challenge

so when no one posts a TOTALLY KILLER track u can go to sleep in your bed made of fifty identical guitars thinking you won

but in reality we all lost

you most of all

but we all lost

I didn't make the challenge. loving moron.

• Locked thread