Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
Infinidock seems to work just fine on my 5s 7.04. I installed it and then immediately it upgraded to another version and I have my 5 icon dock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Nask26 posted:

Infinidock seems to work just fine on my 5s 7.04. I installed it and then immediately it upgraded to another version and I have my 5 icon dock.

Woo-hoo, one more of my most missed tweaks to cross off the list. It even put my icons back in the order I wanted.

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life
Lot's of stuff seem to be getting 64bit support pretty quickly.

So far I'm rocking:

CCToggles (Might try a different variation out)
Dockshift (To make the dock more transparent)
F.lux
HiddenSettings7 (just to make the animations swifter)
Slide2Kill 7 (swipe down in task switcher to kill all apps)
SwipeSelection
Virtual Home (loving amazing on a 5s. A quick tap on the finger sensor and it acts as a home press, long hold goes to app switcher).
Zeppelin (removes carrier text).

Not bad for substrate just being updated.

frogg
May 20, 2006

walrus bottle
Virtual Home is pretty nice. I already had Activator set to lock my screen when I double tapped the home button so now a cool side effect of having those two tweaks together is that I can lock/unlock using just the touch thing.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Has anyone with a 5 who has jailbroken recently had any speed issues? I re-jailbroke this weekend and suddenly I'm getting loving awful speeds, even while connected to LTE.

Tried using the speedtest app on my wife's 5S and it is speedy as hell while mine barely registers .5mb/s

Ev
Aug 3, 2006

real_scud posted:

Has anyone with a 5 who has jailbroken recently had any speed issues? I re-jailbroke this weekend and suddenly I'm getting loving awful speeds, even while connected to LTE.

Tried using the speedtest app on my wife's 5S and it is speedy as hell while mine barely registers .5mb/s

Were you tethering or anything else bandwidth intensive? If you've got a grandfathered unlimited plan on AT&T and you hit some amount (forget what it is) of data usage they'll throttle your speeds down until the next billing cycle.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Ev posted:

Were you tethering or anything else bandwidth intensive? If you've got a grandfathered unlimited plan on AT&T and you hit some amount (forget what it is) of data usage they'll throttle your speeds down until the next billing cycle.
Hah, didn't think I came anywhere near it but apparently I hit 6.5gb of data, thankfully things roll over this weekend so I guess I'll deal with it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
You know, I'm less interested than ever in jailbreaking. But I must admit, having extra cool functions for the TouchID sensor sounds neat!

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Feenix posted:

You know, I'm less interested than ever in jailbreaking. But I must admit, having extra cool functions for the TouchID sensor sounds neat!

Yeah I've never felt so lukewarm about a jailbreak. All I really care about any more is the tethering and I use that so infrequently I still haven't bothered to jb my 5S.

Probably won't bother at all with my iPad.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.

e.pie posted:

Yeah I've never felt so lukewarm about a jailbreak. All I really care about any more is the tethering and I use that so infrequently I still haven't bothered to jb my 5S.

I just want biteSMS but I honestly don't even think it's worth all the hassle. With the few dot released for 7 it's been so nice to just hit update and not have to worry about anything.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ok, I've downloaded BootStrap but no tweaks I download are working, including BiteSMS. Any help?

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

e.pie posted:

It's really not all that exciting compared to when I jailbroke my old rear end iPod Touch. The only thing I actually really want improved upon is app sharing like Android or at least to change default apps like google maps and f.lux which I could never get on my Android phone. With all the good things I've been hearing about 7.1 I'll most likely upgrade to it even if the JB doesn't work for it. It's not worth the quirkiness of some of JB issues. For instance right now my Weather app now reports my zipcode as a city 30 minutes away from me, even if I manually enter in my zipcode.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Can't you make your any iPhone 5 onwards into a personal hotspot? Why so do you need to tether.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

goodness posted:

Can't you make your any iPhone 5 onwards into a personal hotspot? Why so do you need to tether.

Grandfathered unlimited plans.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

eddiewalker posted:

Grandfathered unlimited plans.

Is there a limit on the personal hotspot ?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

goodness posted:

Is there a limit on the personal hotspot ?

It's not allowed. The option is in Settings, but trying to toggle it produces a "Contact your carrier" message.

steamed horse
Dec 4, 2004

Does anyone know of a guide on what the various settings do on hidden springboard settings? I'd like to know how to increase animation speed or increase the parallax effect but I don't know how all the options work together.

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong

gramlock posted:

Does anyone know of a guide on what the various settings do on hidden springboard settings? I'd like to know how to increase animation speed or increase the parallax effect but I don't know how all the options work together.
Easiest way to change animation speed is to go down to Animation Overrides, turn on Slow Animations, and change the Slow Factor to something less than 1. I like mine at 0.8.

Parallax effect looks to be separated, for example to change it on the homescreen, do Parallax > Homescreen wallpaper > "Distance from screen" and make that number more negative. (Default is -100, try -1000).

I haven't seen any guide, this is just from my own tinkering. Just be careful because I've read that there are options that will put you in a boot loop so you'd have to restore.

steamed horse
Dec 4, 2004

Thanks for that, I don't really like parallax that much, even increasing the effect doesn't really do it for me but the animation speed thing works great.

Edit: removed lockscreen question answered myself

steamed horse fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 2, 2014

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Is there any free tweak/app that will let me download things in Safari?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

AHungryRobot posted:

Is there any free tweak/app that will let me download things in Safari?

There's one on the opening page of Cydia in the featured apps list. Pending update so I can't see the price, but it gets you $2 off iFile, which will be necessary to do much with the downloaded files.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

eddiewalker posted:

There's one on the opening page of Cydia in the featured apps list. Pending update so I can't see the price, but it gets you $2 off iFile, which will be necessary to do much with the downloaded files.

You're talking about Safari Download Manager, right? It's $5.00 according to Cydia. I was looking for a free tweak but all the one's I've found don't seem to work very well.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

AHungryRobot posted:

You're talking about Safari Download Manager, right? It's $5.00 according to Cydia. I was looking for a free tweak but all the one's I've found don't seem to work very well.

You could use one of those "downloader" apps in the App Store and just set a bookmark to its data location in iFile…

A little clunky but it's what I'm doing until Safari Download Manager is updated.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

goodness posted:

"Cheap" contractless plans typically don't let you do this, at least in my limited experience.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

gramlock posted:

For this in particular I'd install NoSlowAnimations

HDC posted:

So, after that 6.1.4 JB I have one crazy annoying behavior with all cellular data settings being reset to nothing every time the phone registers on the network. So now I can't drive through a tunnel or use an elevator without having manually enter APN, login and password afterwards. What the hell and what can I do to fix this?

Still having this problem? Any more information on phone and carrier?

HDC
Mar 11, 2006

spongeworthy posted:

Still having this problem? Any more information on phone and carrier?

Resolved it by installing p0sixspwn 1.3-2 from Cydia. The phone is a 5 on Russian MTS. By the way, noticed another unexpected thing with most of purchased music in the library being either unplayable or missing. Deleting and redownloading works, though, so not a big problem here. Oh, and also seems that the phone is doing it's FaceTime activation thing on every bootup now, but I can live with that too.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
For you fellow Breaking Bad fans, someone created a few biteSMS icons, found on reddit:

e: unrelated, for those who installed Bootstrap earlier in this thread, you can remove it now if you've updated your Cydia Substrate (formerly MobileSubstrate)

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 3, 2014

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
quote!=edit

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.

spongeworthy posted:

For you fellow Breaking Bad fans, someone created a few biteSMS icons, found on reddit:

e: unrelated, for those who installed Bootstrap earlier in this thread, you can remove it now if you've updated your Cydia Substrate (formerly MobileSubstrate)

How did you trash the dumb gray background on the bottom row of apps?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Robo-Pope posted:

TransparentDock

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Robo-Pope posted:

DockShift is another option which in addition to removing the background gives alternate effects options. I emailed him and asked if he could make the tweak do the same thing to folders and he said he's going to take a crack at it.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I have an iPhone 4S 64GB which was jailbroken on 6.1.2. I tried to update to 7.0.4 via iTunes and it failed, so I did a new install to 7.0.4, restored the backup, then jailbroke.

My problem now is that in iTunes it's showing 17GB of space on the phone taken up by 'other' and it won't let me sync my music because of it. When I go on the phone itself under Settings > General > Usage, it says 49.4GB used and 7.8GB available.

Does anyone know why it's showing 17GB of 'other' storage used and how I can remove it?

Edit: I ssh'ed into my phone and did the following:

AnjowPhone:/ root# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s1 1.9G 1.1G 784M 59% /
devfs 27K 27K 0 100% /dev
/dev/disk0s1s2 58G 50G 8.0G 87% /private/var

So it looks like it may be iTunes that is wrong about the usage...

Sir Sidney Poitier fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 3, 2014

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Anjow posted:

I have an iPhone 4S 64GB which was jailbroken on 6.1.2. I tried to update to 7.0.4 via iTunes and it failed, so I did a new install to 7.0.4, restored the backup, then jailbroke.

My problem now is that in iTunes it's showing 17GB of space on the phone taken up by 'other' and it won't let me sync my music because of it. When I go on the phone itself under Settings > General > Usage, it says 49.4GB used and 7.8GB available.

Does anyone know why it's showing 17GB of 'other' storage used and how I can remove it?

Edit: I ssh'ed into my phone and did the following:

AnjowPhone:/ root# cd /
AnjowPhone:/ root# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s1 1.9G 1.1G 784M 59% /
devfs 27K 27K 0 100% /dev
/dev/disk0s1s2 58G 50G 8.0G 87% /private/var

So it looks like it may be iTunes that is wrong about the usage...

Try turning on/off iTunes Match and restart iTunes

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Ezrem posted:

DockShift is another option which in addition to removing the background gives alternate effects options. I emailed him and asked if he could make the tweak do the same thing to folders and he said he's going to take a crack at it.

ClearFolders

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

spongeworthy posted:

Try turning on/off iTunes Match and restart iTunes

I don't have it enabled and to enable it I apparently have to pay £21.99...

When I plug the phone in it initially shows there being 7GB free (before it has categorised the storage usage), but once it's finished loading it now shows 29GB over capacity (it was 10GB 30 minutes ago!).

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

c0burn posted:

ClearFolders

I think he means for a clear folder background on the springboard, not while in a folder.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Anjow posted:

I don't have it enabled and to enable it I apparently have to pay £21.99...

When I plug the phone in it initially shows there being 7GB free (before it has categorised the storage usage), but once it's finished loading it now shows 29GB over capacity (it was 10GB 30 minutes ago!).

I experienced your exact problem. Try opening the iTunes app on your phone and paging around the tabs, restart iTunes player on your computer and attempt to sync again..

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Blimpkin posted:

I think he means for a clear folder background on the springboard, not while in a folder.

Correct. Well, I'd prefer to be able to set whatever transparency/blur I prefer, not just on/off.

Either way, hopefully he gets it figured out...or someone else does.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Anjow posted:

Other usage fuckery

FWIW, I experienced some pretty odd behavior with 'Other' when restoring/sync data to my newly jailbroke iPhone. For instance, the entire data on the phone would turn to 'Other' and I wouldn't be able to sync any Apps because iTunes claimed my phone had no free space. The iPhone said it had 25GB+ free. I unplugged, closed iTunes, replugged, opened iTunes and I think it worked normally after that. Not sure if that's what you're experiencing but thought I'd share this in case it helps.

iTunes could be misreporting space taken.

edit: I also remembering mashing the transfer purchases and the sync button a couple times to get it work as well. But like I said, it wouldnt sync until I unplugged and replugged the phone in cause it thought the data was full. This was latest iTunes on latest OSX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Ezrem posted:

Correct. Well, I'd prefer to be able to set whatever transparency/blur I prefer, not just on/off.

Either way, hopefully he gets it figured out...or someone else does.

You can do this now with HiddenSettings7

• Locked thread