Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I wouldn't be posting this here if I didn't know for a fact that he was ok apart from a bruised arm.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Memento posted:

I wouldn't be posting this here if I didn't know for a fact that he was ok apart from a bruised arm.

I was pulling for him

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Memento posted:

Actually he didn't survive

Devor has a new favorite as of 06:41 on Jan 2, 2014

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

From Jan vankmajer's Alice (obviously)

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Found these will looking for goats to post in the goat thread.

Spider-goatse? The mind reels at the implications.

Also this.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Is that the actor who played mad dog in the first one?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Insensative_Asshole posted:

After seeing this trailer I am now about to watch the prequel. I'm fairly certain I will not be disappointed.

The Raid is like A++ grade action movie with some dumb story thrown in. It's amazing.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

This movie is absolutely gorgeous and it's a real pity that it'll forever be compared with The Matrix and live in its shadow.

Everyone who hasn't seen it should do so, but get the director's cut where they don't spoil the movie in the first 5 minutes.

Also it has Riff-Raff in it gently caress yea Riff-Raff.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Breetai posted:

This movie is absolutely gorgeous and it's a real pity that it'll forever be compared with The Matrix and live in its shadow.

On the plus side, it's better than The Matrix.

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

ConorT posted:

Is that the actor who played mad dog in the first one?

Yayan Ruhian does appear in the sequel, though not as Mad Dog, but as a character named Prakoso.

So loving excited for that movie.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Source

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is the sequel a comedy? Those two look ridiculous.

Just watch this, let me know if it looks ridiculous:

The Raid: Mad Dog fight

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Cart posted:

Just watch this, let me know if it looks ridiculous:

The Raid: Mad Dog fight

Looks like just another day at the office to me :confused:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Breetai posted:

Everyone who hasn't seen it should do so, but get the director's cut where they don't spoil the movie in the first 5 minutes.

Seriously, the five minute opening monologue ruins it. It's classic example of the studio thinking people are idiots and they need to explain everything. If you can't find the directors cut, just remember to mute the movie until the end of the opening shot.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Breetai posted:

Dark City is such an amazing film that yeah, unfortunately is shadowed by the Matrix despite them being pretty different films despite the subject matter.

The film just ooozes atmosphere.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

*BLORT* *BLORT* *BLORT*

Chubbs has a new favorite as of 18:39 on Jan 2, 2014

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I'm hoping that's some kind of cherry filling, not ketchup.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Captain Bravo posted:

Little nasty-rear end raviolis?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Captain Bravo posted:

That does look like cherry filling, but what's wrong with Ketchup? Though yeah if filling something with ketchup would be pretty nasty.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Captain Bravo posted:

According to this page it's a pop-tart. Looks a little small for a pop-tart though.

Brenderous
Jul 31, 2013

Send me a PM if you are a Big Beautiful Beholder who don't need no man

Magic Hate Ball posted:

On the plus side, it's better than The Matrix.

Nope.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Met posted:

According to this page it's a pop-tart. Looks a little small for a pop-tart though.

How can you tell? There's nothing there to use for scale.

The height/width ratio looks about right for a Pop-Tart, so I believe it.

Sirveaux
Aug 26, 2004
<=>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmlP4rNLwF8

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
WHOA, that makes me not want to use any street ATM ever.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I keep assuming this is going to loop with ATM over ATM over ATM overyou get the picture.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's terrifying, kinda dumb at the same time since ATMs are always on camera.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Sire Oblivion posted:

That's terrifying, kinda dumb at the same time since ATMs are always on camera.

yeah, it's be absolutely impossible to hide your identity.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

There's one subway station ATM in town that caused my bank to issue me a new card every time I used it. Just constant fraud.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

Pukestain Pal posted:

yeah, it's be absolutely impossible to hide your identity.

But not the mechanical facade from being put on in the first place?

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Kramdar posted:

But not the mechanical facade from being put on in the first place?

it's not like they are being watched live. it's only looked at when there is a problem. by that time the deal is done.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
If you have a bit over 30 minutes, this is a pretty interesting presentation about how insecure ATMs are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1KfSSDh3gU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Breetai posted:

To make this kind of ironic, "The Matrix" reused the rooftop sets from "Dark City" as they were both shot on the same soundstages.

"Did you catch that?!"

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Robert Denby posted:

To make this kind of ironic, "The Matrix" reused the rooftop sets from "Dark City" as they were both shot on the same soundstages.

I don't know if people remember, but you know how sometimes we get multiple asteroid movies one year or two volcano movies in the same summer. 1999 was like the "is this reality real?" year with The Matrix, Thirteenth Floor and ExistenZ all coming out within a few months of each other. Dark City came out over a year earlier though.

Edit: that's the video game console from ExistenZ, just so people don't think I posted something filthy.

Edit: vv wow I forgot how much hair he used to have.

davebo has a new favorite as of 00:49 on Jan 3, 2014

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

davebo posted:

Edit: that's the video game console from ExistenZ, just so people don't think I posted something filthy.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

davebo posted:

I don't know if people remember, but you know how sometimes we get multiple asteroid movies one year or two volcano movies in the same summer. 1999 was like the "is this reality real?" year with The Matrix, Thirteenth Floor and ExistenZ all coming out within a few months of each other. Dark City came out over a year earlier though.

Dude, it's a Cronenberg film. It's filthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread