Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
The only ones I would be hesitant to use are the ones that cost HP instead of ISO. Everything else relatively cheap if you need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I just started two weeks ago but I burn boosts like they are going out of style. As I am getting higher leveled characters though my need to use them is decreasing on all but the toughest missions so I will probably start reducing my addiction to them.

And by higher level characters I mean 2* Wolverine. Holy crap what a beast. Now that hes 50+ and 5/3/4 specced I'm punching way out of my class. Fights now are mostly just a matter of getting strike tiles down as fast as possible. He tanks and is often full health at the end of a fight, he generates 90% of the damage my team does and he can OHKO or severely weaken even the toughest opponents with his red once charged up (and I've dropped a bunch of strike tiles).

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Murgos posted:

I just started two weeks ago but I burn boosts like they are going out of style. As I am getting higher leveled characters though my need to use them is decreasing on all but the toughest missions so I will probably start reducing my addiction to them.

I am addicted to boosting like it's a drug. I'll double and triple boost for all but the most simple fights, and my main team is a level 70 Thor/Wolverine. It's not just the difficulty, it's the fact that, especially for these long events, I want to be able to win without a scratch, and win without spending more than a couple minutes on each fight.

I rationalize it by thinking "Well, I've got another 20 fights or so, and if they take 10 minutes each I'll take more damage, and use more health packs, and then maybe I'll run out before the end." Except I'm not making any ISO from these Hulk missions, because it all goes to riding the snake. ride the snake

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
In PvP, if you're using two boosts (the 200 ISO +3/all and a 100 ISO +3/two) consistently, you should come out slightly ahead in the long run. The 70 / 140 split is slightly in your favor, and any time a fight gives you boosts you're actively using that's ISO in the bank, so it's sustainable.

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

bubbapook posted:

Since you always get 3 of any boost you earn as a reward and they max out at 10, you should always be using any boosts over 7. There's no point letting them go to waste.
There's a cap on boosts?! :aaaaa:

:bang:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

What happens to your Powered-Up tokens at the end of the Hulk event if you don't redeem them? Do they convert to heroic tokens or just vanish?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Happy Bear Suit posted:

What happens to your Powered-Up tokens at the end of the Hulk event if you don't redeem them? Do they convert to heroic tokens or just vanish?

If you look on the Recruit Heroes screen it has "Time Left" just under the title, so I assume they just go away shortly after the event finishes. Could be difficult finding a sucker volunteer to check though. :v:

Related: today's haul of tokens. Two Caps, a Wolverine, and a Purple Spidey. Last Purple I needed at least. Just need five blues now.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 2, 2014

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
4 powered-up tokens = 3 adamantium slashes and a peacemaker. THAT IS NOT A POWER-UP!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I spaced it out so that I got two Heroic and two Powered-Up this time. Powered-Up was a Wolverine and a Cap (autosold), Heroic was a Magneto Now (wrong color, sold) and a Grey Widow Purple (hot drat, needed that one). Widow now sitting pretty at 4/3/5.

As far as I am aware, unused special tokens simply disappear.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I managed to get a black Punisher today (along with 3 Caps.) I think that's maybe the second cover I haven't sold immediately since the start of the original Hulk run.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I was just going to post that out of every token from both Hulk events I've only ever gotten Wolverine or Cap. Then I got a yellow Sipder-Man. :woop:

Just one more yellow and two more purples and I'll have him done.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Got myself three caps and a purple Spidey. Is cap worth leveling if I've already got a maxed wolvie to tank? Have him 2/5/4 right now at level 6. Are there other characters better at tile switching?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Red Cap & Wolv + 2 Green punishers.

Already at 3 green Punisher. :bang:

PaleBlueDot
Feb 13, 2012

All the way from
Transylvania
If I had the slots, and the ISO, I'd build myself a backup wolverine. He'd probably be about maxed out by now. Oh well, at least I got me a green Punisher.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Had 3 powered up tokens, got two Wolverines and a Spiderman.

Since my Wolverine is already maxed, of course now I'm drowning in cards for him.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I got two rolls for "New Heroes" and two rolls for "The Hulk", naturally that means I got 3 Caps and 1 Wolvie while my Punisher is 0/2/2 and my Spider-man is 2/0/1. At the very least I wish there was another 2 star hero for this event since they're throwing heroic tokens at you like crazy.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

If they did it would probably be Bag Man.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

15 Standard tokens today: 15 one star heroes
4 Power-Up tokens today: 4 loving Captain Americas

UGH!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All of my Power-Up Tokens have been converted into 125 ISO-8 per token.
I've actually had more luck with Standard Tokens. Ragnarok Red and Magneto Purple in a span of three days. Which is neat.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I find that sort of thing happens reasonably often. Or at least enough to make me notice. I'll get a load of rubbish from Heroic/Whatever tokens, then I'll shove in the Standard ones something awesome like an Original Black Widow will appear. Perhaps it's just because you get more of them.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I just learned the hard way that a F2P online game can in fact soley rely on local savefiles. Don't be like me and back up your save file unless you like starting over from scratch when changing PCs or redoing Windows. :(

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
So I'm playing against Iron Man 35 in a SHIELD training versus match. He just used Armored Assault on me... but the protect tiles that spawned were white, and helped me instead of my opponent. I mean, I'm grateful and all, but... what gives?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you've linked to facebook, you do have a save file there.

zamin
Jan 9, 2004

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Got myself three caps and a purple Spidey. Is cap worth leveling if I've already got a maxed wolvie to tank? Have him 2/5/4 right now at level 6. Are there other characters better at tile switching?

Cap is alright for tile management if you want to save up all that AP. There are a lot of characters better for countdown management. I'm really digging OBW for that sort of thing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SynthOrange posted:

If you've linked to facebook, you do have a save file there.
They're talking about changing PCs and Windows, so there's no option to link to Faceboook yet (which seems weird, what's the hold-up on that?)

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Got an invisible woman today (heroic token for 30k hulk points) and yesterday (random normal token). Unfortunately, now I have 1 blue, 1 green, and one yellow cover, so I can't really level her to play around.

zamin
Jan 9, 2004

Karnegal posted:

Got an invisible woman today (heroic token for 30k hulk points)

Lucky. All I got was a lousy Bullseye.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Is there anything after the prologue as far as PvE story missions go? I mean. it's called pro logue so I kind of expected something but I've done each mission once (though there are many rewards left to get) and nothing opened up.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
3 wolvies and a cap from powered up tokens, 1 punisher from a standard token.

Whatevs.

e:

Agent355 posted:

Is there anything after the prologue as far as PvE story missions go? I mean. it's called pro logue so I kind of expected something but I've done each mission once (though there are many rewards left to get) and nothing opened up.

The events are the chapters.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Not in terms of static missions. Chapter 1 and 2 have both been pushed on the events tab as limited-time PvE events, and while they wouldn't be too hard to retool into static missions like the prologue I don't think they're intending to do it.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Agent355 posted:

I'm running this goddamn Maggia mission to get a Thor yellow cover and it's never going to happen. 7 X 20 ISO. Goddamn it. This poo poo ain't an easy mission, either.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
For kicks, I saved up 25 standard tokens:

Ragnarok (1)
The Hood (1)
Grey Suit Black Widow (1)

Modern Thor (1)
Modern Hawkeye (1)
Classic Storm (2)

Yelena (1)
Classic Hawkeye (1)
Ironman 35 (2)
Modern Black Widow (2)
Venom (3)
Modern Storm (3)
Juggernaut (6)

Three 3-star covers, that's not too bad actually - better than the Heroic tokens at this point (heh!). I sold everything else for 2250 iso I think.

I wonder what would happen if you got Hulk heroic tokens, then saved them until after the event was over. Would you still be able to use them normally, or would you lose them once the "The Hulk" token page went away?

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Voodoo posted:

I wonder what would happen if you got Hulk heroic tokens, then saved them until after the event was over. Would you still be able to use them normally, or would you lose them once the "The Hulk" token page went away?

They expire.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Oh hey i'm #1 in the hulk. I better hold off on my remaining points and let someone overtake me so I can get my 40000pt reward tonight.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I forgot, are there one more set of sub missions or was this the last?

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
Should be missions leading right up until 12 hours to go, then they've just got a few more single-go ones on the main event itself

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
How do you swap your team up so you can put in weak characters & tank? Do you have to actually enter a fight for the change to register, or just swap your guys and then go back?

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

triplexpac posted:

How do you swap your team up so you can put in weak characters & tank? Do you have to actually enter a fight for the change to register, or just swap your guys and then go back?

Whoever last attacked will go in front and soak up the hits. You can tell which matches will put which characters in front based on the symbols on the gems.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

GeckoMissingo posted:

Whoever last attacked will go in front and soak up the hits. You can tell which matches will put which characters in front based on the symbols on the gems.

Sorry, what I mean is how do I make it so my lovely team is the one people see when they attack me in the Black Widow tourney? Do I need to actually go into a fight to have it register, or just swap things up and go back to the main menu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm of the understanding that you need to go in and fight. You can just run away and yield, dropping your points by a bit and letting someone retaliate against you as a bonus. Not like the health drop's gonna bother you, since if you're tanking your ratings, you're generally using low-level weak characters you don't plan on using.