Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
I generally forma-out two "=" slots in favor of a "V" and a "-" for actually useful frame mods. Anyone running a frame with all 4 power mods slotted are fools because there will never be a time that all 4 powers would be useful. Hell, most of the time one power is all you need, the rest of the slots are better off with mods that augment it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Elysiume posted:

Energy siphon can only be gotten through alerts, right? I want one.

Yeah, and it's one of the major problems with the early game, all auras are alert only, and considering that an unpotatoed frame gets a third of it's power from the mod it's pretty poo poo all around.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Funky Kong posted:

Hey guys,

I have a spare $25 Nvidia code for Warframe and was looking to trade for a $25 Marvel heroes code. E-mail me at shonchrisng@gmail.com if you're interested please!

I actually have one of those, emailing you now.

E: and done, I'm space rich again!

Washin Tong fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 2, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Mindblast posted:

Stalker Zanuka is the harvester. The lines you hear suggest that it spawning involves aiding the grineer. In what way is unclear. Maybe side with the grineer during a conflict?

I figured it had something more to do with the Jupiter fight. Maybe some way to kill what's his face with out killing Zanuka?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
If you are buying platinum, the process is much easier if Warframe is running fullscreen over Warframe running in windowed mode.

Try to guess why without your head exploding.

The web browser Warframe uses depends on if it's running windowed or fullscreen.

Kneejerk
Jul 28, 2010

Felt Presence,
Ghostly Humming
(PC) Vauban Chassis on alert in Mercury for the next 40min.

Oddly enough didn't show up on the twitter feed at all.

Kneejerk fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 2, 2014

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Kneejerk posted:

Vauban Chassis on alert for the next 40min.

Remember to mention the system when pointing out alerts.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
Gonna give this a shot and heard buying a pack will make starting out more fun since they are 50% off on steam right now. Should I just go initiate or is starter worth it?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Gonna give this a shot and heard buying a pack will make starting out more fun since they are 50% off on steam right now. Should I just go initiate or is starter worth it?

I'd wait to see if they're on sale tomorrow. Warframe is featured on the Snowglobes and hasn't been on a daily sale yet.

EDIT: Also, you can well play without paying anything, so you can start playing now and then buy a pack if you feel like it.

EDIT 2: I'd say that without cosmetics, the Initiate Pack can last you through the entire game. Depends on how much you want to use the "skip bullshit" button (said bullshit is mostly waiting for repeating limited time events) and how much you like cosmetics.

endlessmonotony fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 2, 2014

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

endlessmonotony posted:

I'd wait to see if they're on sale tomorrow. Warframe is featured on the Snowglobes and hasn't been on a daily sale yet.

Noted. My main question is whether it's worth it to get anything more than initiate. I've heard mixed things about whether it's really worth it to spend money on packs.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Honestly, just play the game for a while and don't buy any packs at all. Have the goons help you out until you see if you like the game or not, we're all pretty generous. I only spent 25 bux on this game during the black friday platinum sale and I still have 25% of that plat just sitting there. Hell, I would have 75% of it if I didn't spend so much of it on the drat color packs (but I'm a fool so there ya go).

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

endlessmonotony posted:

EDIT: Also, you can well play without paying anything, so you can start playing now and then buy a pack if you feel like it.

EDIT 2: I'd say that without cosmetics, the Initiate Pack can last you through the entire game. Depends on how much you want to use the "skip bullshit" button (said bullshit is mostly waiting for repeating limited time events) and how much you like cosmetics.

Waiting for tomorrow is pretty risky, the Warframe deals, much like most of Steam's deals, end at the start of tomorrow and not the end.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Gentleman Baller posted:

Waiting for tomorrow is pretty risky, the Warframe deals, much like most of Steam's deals, end at the start of tomorrow and not the end.

... huh, you're right.

That's weird, the banner says Jan 3, but the deals themselves clearly say they end in 15 hours.

I have to admit I don't know what the case here is. Valve's usually done a repeat day, too.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

endlessmonotony posted:

... huh, you're right.

That's weird, the banner says Jan 3, but the deals themselves clearly say they end in 15 hours.

I have to admit I don't know what the case here is. Valve's usually done a repeat day, too.

Yeah, I don't think anybody really knows what's going on. There might be another day of sales, it might just be everything in the repeat day, but really nobody knows so if anyone is on the edge, just play Warframe now and try to make the decision before it clocks over.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Gentleman Baller posted:

Yeah, I don't think anybody really knows what's going on. There might be another day of sales, it might just be everything in the repeat day, but really nobody knows so if anyone is on the edge, just play Warframe now and try to make the decision before it clocks over.

I feel like an rear end in a top hat about accidentally giving bad information.

But, motivated by that, I went through the Steam deals and compared them with the in-game store.

I'd definitely get just the Initiate pack if you're starting out. Not even necessarily that. The in-game 50% off login reward deals offer more platinum for your dollar, and the rest is mostly things goons can help you get fast and easily. The login reward comes up randomly though, but it's not rare. I'd agree with first trying the game out and then choosing if you want to spend money.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Amazon had a 66% off deal on platinum/mod packs similar to steam's running for a while over the holiday - check if theirs is still running.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Been forma'ing the Tigris because despite being poo poo, it's oddly fun to use. Does anyone on PC have a Vicious Spread and Contagious Spread they want to trade? I don't exactly have a ton of rare mods unfortunately.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You can only buy the packs once, so I'd wait for a 75% off on steam.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Argas posted:

Been forma'ing the Tigris because despite being poo poo, it's oddly fun to use. Does anyone on PC have a Vicious Spread and Contagious Spread they want to trade? I don't exactly have a ton of rare mods unfortunately.

IIRC, contagious spread is super rare, drops off of electric crawlers in ODD only (they appear in later waves and don't appear very often at all). Might want to just wait until the event is over, it's giving a set of toxic+status chance cards at 50 points.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
after getting back into this and playing quite a bit all week, I feel like my pinky's about to break off.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If you're just getting into Warframe or are a returning player or just haven't done so yet.

Play Nightmare mode missions with your fellow goons. You get great mods every time you complete a mission. Like a rifle mod that gives both fire damage and increased magazine capacity or the warframe mod that gives both health and shield increases.

Though with a fire mod and the fire/mag mod you can't do fire+ice/fire+tox on a weapon as it doesn't appear to register the second fire mod for purposes of making combined elements. However, having two fire mods still increases your damage.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jan 2, 2014

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Pyronic posted:

after getting back into this and playing quite a bit all week, I feel like my pinky's about to break off.

If you have a mouse with more than two buttons, rebind crouch to a thumb button. It makes life so much easier on your pinky.

yergi
Jan 1, 2013
Could I get an invite to the PS4 clan? My PSN name is YergitheFirst.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Despite not being the right aura mod polarity, I put energy siphon on my Trinity last night. Worked amazingly as I was able to pretty much spam blessing over and over to keep my allies alive in a survival mission. Now I'm semi-conviced to forma that slot for her.

PS4 goons, we should probably try to go for some corrupted mods at some point. I would love to get me a Narrow Minded mod to make blessing even more awesome.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
So, there's a post on the WF boards quoting DE blaming the framerate issues on PS4 on carrier/vacuum.

What's the second best sentinel to run on a wide variety of frames (not rogue-types only), until the eventual fix comes in, assuming this turns out to be accurate? Dethcube?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Shade probably has better utility, but won't fire on enemies except in retaliation. Dethcube is better if you want your pet to help kill everything. Either way I'd suggest keeping Carrier's shotgun in the sentinel weapon slot.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
HOTFIX 11.5.6

Changes
- Your personal stat is back on the squad info panel when you press “Z”.
- Improved recent players list: add context menu item to invite to your session, includes friends in this list, and sorts the most recent players to the top.
- Changed Infested Impedance Aura to reduce speed by only 3%/level to prevent squads of four from stopping all Infested completely (now a maximized team should reduce infested speed by 72%).
- Lowered the amount of bloom in a set of particularly radiant lockers in the Jupiter Gas Cities.

Fixes
- Fixed common crash related to joining a mission in progress.
- Fixed massive “hitch” when using mod fusion.
- Fixed Mod fusion cancel button setting scrollbar to the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed issue where star chart and UI would sometimes disappear after completing a mission.
- Fixed Oberon’s Reckoning, the power was not working on enemies that were already under the influence of a reaction animation.
- Fixed issue with chat history being unlimited that resulted in slow loads when opening social menu. Long play sessions with active chats would have experienced this issue.
- Fixed container explosion FX not appearing.

--------------

Aside from Infested Impedence, which isn't "good" or "bad" as much as it is completely loving irrelevant, these are good fixes.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Denzine posted:

HOTFIX 11.5.6

Changes
- Your personal stat is back on the squad info panel when you press “Z”.
- Improved recent players list: add context menu item to invite to your session, includes friends in this list, and sorts the most recent players to the top.
- Changed Infested Impedance Aura to reduce speed by only 3%/level to prevent squads of four from stopping all Infested completely (now a maximized team should reduce infested speed by 72%).
- Lowered the amount of bloom in a set of particularly radiant lockers in the Jupiter Gas Cities.

Fixes
- Fixed common crash related to joining a mission in progress.
- Fixed massive “hitch” when using mod fusion.
- Fixed Mod fusion cancel button setting scrollbar to the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed issue where star chart and UI would sometimes disappear after completing a mission.
- Fixed Oberon’s Reckoning, the power was not working on enemies that were already under the influence of a reaction animation.
- Fixed issue with chat history being unlimited that resulted in slow loads when opening social menu. Long play sessions with active chats would have experienced this issue.
- Fixed container explosion FX not appearing.

--------------

Aside from Infested Impedence, which isn't "good" or "bad" as much as it is completely loving irrelevant, these are good fixes.

Fusing mods now no longer takes a loving age due to lag every time you click a new core/mod. However, once it levels once, it seems to say "welp, gently caress that, better check every single weapon I'm in again" every time you click, and the hitch is back worse than before. Completing the fusion and starting again fixes it though. And at least now I have a max-level serration at last, after only 574 hours played.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Should mobs be able to get through Vaubon's bastion?

I ran an ODD last night and later on when there were a ton of mobs on screen some were able to get through.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Haerc posted:

Should mobs be able to get through Vaubon's bastion?

I ran an ODD last night and later on when there were a ton of mobs on screen some were able to get through.

Bastille has a target limit now. This doesn't prevent you from putting out multiple to keep them occupied, but you should really just use vortex. No target limit, doesn't affect allies anymore and does the CC better.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

DelphiAegis posted:

Fusing mods now no longer takes a loving age due to lag every time you click a new core/mod. However, once it levels once, it seems to say "welp, gently caress that, better check every single weapon I'm in again" every time you click, and the hitch is back worse than before. Completing the fusion and starting again fixes it though. And at least now I have a max-level serration at last, after only 574 hours played.

I'm willing to forgive whoever fixed it for this update because there's no real reason to think it would regress after a level up. I mean, why would it?

Why would it? :psyduck:

fake edit speculation: Instead of changing it to only check once on each level up they made it not check until it levels up. :suicide:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Denzine posted:

I'm willing to forgive whoever fixed it for this update because there's no real reason to think it would regress after a level up. I mean, why would it?

Why would it? :psyduck:

fake edit speculation: Instead of changing it to only check once on each level up they made it not check until it levels up. :suicide:

At least it's a step in the right direction and encourages you to fuse after every level! :v:

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.
I just had a bug shoot my latron from level 3 to 30 after my last mission. I didn't even have it equipped! I have a mastery star and everything. When I look at my warframe statistics page, it still shows it level 3 with 15 kills on record. The weapon ex went towards my mastery level though and pushed me high enough for the rank 6 test. I took it and am building my soma. I hope this doesn't get fixed and make my game explode :shepicide:

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

DelphiAegis posted:

Bastille has a target limit now. This doesn't prevent you from putting out multiple to keep them occupied, but you should really just use vortex. No target limit, doesn't affect allies anymore and does the CC better.

I've found that when I'm not the host, and the host has any lag what-so-ever I get sucked into the vortex. The worse the lag, the worse the effect.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So if I built a Rhino in game, from parts, is it lacking something (Orokin Reactor?) that you get automatically when you purchase with platinum or something?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Correct. Paid items come with reactors/catalysts(where applicable). Crafted items do not.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Denzine posted:

Correct. Paid items come with reactors/catalysts(where applicable). Crafted items do not.

What is the effective disadvantage I have without that, and can I add the reactor by craft or by plat?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Feenix posted:

What is the effective disadvantage I have without that, and can I add the reactor by craft or by plat?

Reactors double the number of points you have for equipping mods. You can buy a reactor for 20 plat, or they occasionally show up as alerts. You can also get them from login rewards (third tier only, and it's pretty rare) and invasions can have them as rewards.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Feenix posted:

Blueprints for reactors/catalysts (often called potatoes) are uncommon rewards for alerts and login prizes. Basically you get to pick between time and money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Haerc posted:

I've found that when I'm not the host, and the host has any lag what-so-ever I get sucked into the vortex. The worse the lag, the worse the effect.

This does indeed happen, but only until the host realizes you're doing something wonky with physics and decides to stop affecting you. Generally it's only seen when the vortex is first put down. Sometimes it even happens if you're the host! :v: Yeah, I don't know either.