Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
James Hardon
May 31, 2006
Bitchtard has spoken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

It's around -1C here and it feels like summer. It's gonna get back to -27 in a couple days.:(

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Fabulist posted:

I actually do sometimes. I GET. MIGRAINES. FROM SCENTS.
No idea what ingredients cause it either, which sucks. Trying a new company's perfume/lotion/whatever holds extreme danger.

I suck at it with both hands, I shake from medication I take (and drugs I used to take). I just slap on the basecoat, polish(es), and topcoat, don't give a poo poo if it gets everywhere. I then either clean up the edges with a q-tip soaked in acetone polish remover, or just soak my hands in warm water for a few minutes after everything is good and dry. Fingers pruning up loosens the polish that's on skin instead of nail, and scrubbing at my fingertips with a washcloth for a minute dislodges all of the extra. Bam, perfect nails.

Scully lip-color hunting. Without fail, these look brighter in pictures and in the tube than they do on the lips. Don't be scared. See if their are any makeup counters anywhere nearby, for swatching.

So this one has a fair amount of coral/apricot in it, with some peach and pink. Explaining this in case you decided to go looking yourself.

Similar shades:
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick - Protest or Liar
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Annika or Grandma (mixed with the clear to make it sheer)
Illamasqua Lipstick - Brink
NARS lipstick - Barbarella (avoid NARS pencil products in general)
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 (christ)- 13 Peach Passion seems like a very good match, if applied lightly.
Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense - 38 & 39
Too Faced La Creme - Juicy Melons
Sephora Collection Rouge Shine Lipstick - No. 28 Just Married
Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick - Coral Blossom
Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick - Coral Castle
Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour - Peche
Lancome Rouge in Love Lipcolor - 322M Corail in Love
Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint - Tangelo

This one is actually a berry pink-nude, just a muted one.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick - Naked
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 (christ)- 09 Caress Pink - again, a very close match, if not laid on thick.
Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense - 6 & 34
Too Faced La Creme - I Want Candy
Sephora Collection Rouge Shine Lipstick - No. 30 Secret Affair
Amazonian Butter Lipstick - Watermelon
Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick - Zin
Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12-Hour Lipstick - Graceful
Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint - Juice

Sort of a mixture between the two.
Urban Decay Rush
NARS Dolce Vita

I'm going to have sooo much fun at Ulta this weekend! Will update! May have to wait until my dumb lip scab heals because ew.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Nessa posted:

It's around -1C here and it feels like summer. It's gonna get back to -27 in a couple days.:(

central and i mean central europe here and it feels good nigga, no sign of snow here

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Fabulist posted:

No idea what ingredients cause it either, which sucks. Trying a new company's perfume/lotion/whatever holds extreme danger.

I suck at it with both hands, I shake from medication I take (and drugs I used to take). I just slap on the basecoat, polish(es), and topcoat, don't give a poo poo if it gets everywhere. I then either clean up the edges with a q-tip soaked in acetone polish remover, or just soak my hands in warm water for a few minutes after everything is good and dry. Fingers pruning up loosens the polish that's on skin instead of nail, and scrubbing at my fingertips with a washcloth for a minute dislodges all of the extra. Bam, perfect nails.

Scully lip-color hunting. Without fail, these look brighter in pictures and in the tube than they do on the lips. Don't be scared. See if their are any makeup counters anywhere nearby, for swatching.

So this one has a fair amount of coral/apricot in it, with some peach and pink. Explaining this in case you decided to go looking yourself.

Similar shades:
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Annika or Grandma (mixed with the clear to make it sheer)
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 (christ)- 13 Peach Passion seems like a very good match, if applied lightly.

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 (christ)- 09 Caress Pink - again, a very close match, if not laid on thick.

Urban Decay Rush
NARS Dolce Vita

This is amazing, you rock. Can you do it with that wonderful dark red Carrie Brownstein wears sometimes on Portlandia?

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

This is amazing, you rock. Can you do it with that wonderful dark red Carrie Brownstein wears sometimes on Portlandia?

Seriously, I told my husband about the helpful lady thread and he was very happy. Possibly because now he gets to go to Ulta and he loves Ulta.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fabulist posted:

Similar shades:

Urban Decay Rush
NARS Dolce Vita

Makeup Sorceress spotted. Good job A+.

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

What do they have at ULTA for men?

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

All Of The Dicks posted:

What do they have at ULTA for men?

Stuff to encourage your wife to buy. Also bath stuff, cologne, and hair dye.

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

I am looking for some perfume that smells like something a 17 year old Brazilian hooker would wear. Sexy, sweet and utterly without taste or subtlety. Anything you can rec at ULTA?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

the gently caress is ulta

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

The Brown Menace posted:

the gently caress is ulta

Slightly less fancy Sephora.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
sephora is lame

so generic

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

This is going on in my living room right now. It's pretty unnerving.

Shiftless Red
Mar 2, 2009

Crow Jane posted:

This is going on in my living room right now. It's pretty unnerving.

what's with the terrifying-as-all-hell monkey?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
holy poo poo that is a creepy monkey

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Shiftless Red posted:

what's with the terrifying-as-all-hell monkey?

protection against the evil cat

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Seriously you could convince a person a house was haunted with just that in a few key locations and nothing else.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

toe knee hand posted:

protection against the evil cat

All cats are evil some are just more derpy than others.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I've seen one man in Ulta before. One.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

mind the walrus posted:

All cats are evil some are just more derpy than others.

mine is black too. one of my names for him is "little ball of dark". black cats own. but that cat is evil.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

That's Leopold. He's like four feet tall, people who come over seem to either find him terrifying or want to steal him.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

detectivemonkey posted:

Slightly less fancy Sephora.

the gently caress is sephora

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

That's Leopold. He's like four feet tall, people who come over seem to find him either terrifying or want to steal him.

loving kee-rist

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I wanna steal it because it is terrifying.

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003
I'll probably regret posting this later, but I went ahead and got the whole makeup thing done. As I said earlier, it's been years since the last time I updated my colour palette, but a quick trip to the MAC counter was just what I needed to feel better now that I'm over the nasty cold that had me down for the past two weeks.

Try not to mind the fact that my bra strap is showing. Despite that, and I don't care if this sounds horribly stereotype but... ... I feel pretty.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Motherfucker posted:

I wanna steal it because it is terrifying.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

teh winnar! posted:

I'll probably regret posting this later, but I went ahead and got the whole makeup thing done. As I said earlier, it's been years since the last time I updated my colour palette, but a quick trip to the MAC counter was just what I needed to feel better now that I'm over the nasty cold that had me down for the past two weeks.

Try not to mind the fact that my bra strap is showing. Despite that, and I don't care if this sounds horribly stereotype but... ... I feel pretty.

grow your hair longer. tia

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003

Motherfucker posted:

grow your hair longer. tia

I actually got it cut today, because it was getting a bit long for my tastes. That's the end result.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Leopold is art

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

teh winnar! posted:

I actually got it cut today, because it was getting a bit long for my tastes. That's the end result.

:mad:

Shiftless Red
Mar 2, 2009

Are you ever tempted to move him if you have company over so he is the first thing they see if they wake up?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Oh yeah, absolutely. He's pretty heavy and I like my friends, though

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

Leopold is art

AUGH

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Crow Jane posted:

Leopold is art

I would not be okay with that in my apt

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Would love to rig motion sensors to that thing so it plays barely audible but severely disturbing ambient music when you walk by.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

leopold rules.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

Would love to rig motion sensors to that thing so it plays barely audible but severely disturbing ambient music when you walk by.

I'd have it so that it occasionally plays the 'chase' sound from amnesia for a brief second if nobody is in the room with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxW9dVm6ZjM

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Motherfucker posted:

I'd have it so the music stops when you come near.

Even better if it could somehow be rigged to only play when a person isn't looking at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

mind the walrus posted:

He reminds me a lot of the cymbal monkey from "Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders." The evil one that killed the family dog.

• Locked thread