Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Dolphin posted:

Why do people write them?
I don't know why, for anyone else. This one was a matter of not being busy, having dealt a lot with this sort of perceptual deficiency, there aren't any cats around to rescue right now, and I haven't done my good deed for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Agrajag posted:

I this thread even about ugly guitars any more? What a gigantic loving poo poo wreck.
Sorry.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
LOL, or not!

Rob Ford
Aug 12, 2013

by XyloJW

skander posted:

I don't know why, for anyone else. This one was a matter of not being busy, having dealt a lot with this sort of perceptual deficiency, there aren't any cats around to rescue right now, and I haven't done my good deed for the day.

And Lowtax is bitchin about goons not giving a poo poo about this place ...

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
the green guitar with the handle is actually p nice imo. i liek the flower thing on the fretboard.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
hi again thread

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Faustus posted:

LOL, or not!
Level off your highs, they make your guitar sound like an ice pick.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Fax Sr posted:

hi again thread

as thread owner and now convinced that aspergers is contagious, i implore you to post more often

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
k look at this ugly piece of poo poo

and then this (id probably still play it even tho i think its stupid looking and id probably hit all the switches by accident)

also this stupid moron thing

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

skander posted:

My apologies everybody, for the boring wall of text, but I'm seriously trying to help him (just this once).

Thanks for taking the time to spell things out for me. I thought all this ground had been covered already but you bring up some... points... that I will address once and then I will leave you alone. Don't be looking for PMs from me, ok?

quote:

Exactly the same phenomenon, and also not worthy including in your imaginary attack. People posted a guitar they consider to be ugly, that happens to be owned by you. You were not mentioned at all. This is not mocking you personally in any way at all.
That is your perception, but I predicted the first post and the reactions to them, and so I think I was right that this was fresh in the GBS hivemind and just looking at the posters involved is evidence enough that this was not some random happening.

skander posted:

And any ridicule did not come here, until you brought it.
Perhaps. I am doubtful.

skander posted:

You need to work on your social perceptions. I'm not loving with you here in the least, but I am bluntly addressing some psychological issues.
Wait for it.

skander posted:

(That's just how I do this kind of thing, bluntly. You might hate that, all lot of people do, and a lot of people don't. (If my elderly mother lives through the weekend, she's going to get really big dose of 'I told you so, you should have gone in to the ER two days ago, before you came immobile and covered in vomit' She knows it, she knows I'm right, and she'll accept it.)
This is how you speak about your Mother? My bullshit detector is going nuts.

skander posted:

You really shouldn't give a rat's rear end about people having negative opinions of the appearance of your possessions.
Agreed.

skander posted:

Example 9sorry for another totally self-centered story: I have an overactive urinary system, and the teacher wouldn't let me go to the bathroom for the fourth time one afternoon when I was nine or ten. Go ahead and guess what happened. One person made a rhyme with my name, referring to the incident, and was still at it at the twenty-year high school reunion. I never responded, and actually never cared about, because she's none too bright, and not important in the least.
I'm way out of my depth, here.

skander posted:

Again, I'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat here, I'm not making fun of you, but you really don't understand in the least what's happening. That's why you're being mocked, it's your reactions, not your guitars. Even if people started mocking you without your being here, you did not have to respond.
No, you're not an rear end in a top hat at all. You're just trying to help me. Thanks.

skander posted:

And Dr. Faustus, if you have interest in taking this to messages or something, please contact me. Otherwise, I'll just be shaking my head sadly about the extent of your reactions to something not important in the least.
Lots of people are shaking their heads sadly, now. But you've put everything in perspective so I can at least move on with my life. I owe you.

If your Mom lives, please tell her, "Skander told you so, and Faustus thinks that was pretty lovely but you have to be blunt sometimes."

Dolphin posted:

Level off your highs, they make your guitar sound like an ice pick.

What track are you talking about? We were using some seriously old gear back in the day and had little time for mastering or engineering. It could have been mic placement, bad monitors, or just the track that used the Rocktron Chameleon. Or, it could be your listening environment. I am open to suggestions, but like I said some of that stuff is 20 years old.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jan 3, 2014

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Dr. Faustus posted:

What track are you talking about? We were using some seriously old gear back in the day and had little time for mastering or engineering.

just lowpass everything all the time filters are cool and sound cool

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

killhamster posted:

just lowpass everything all the time filters are cool and sound cool

Low-pass filters make no sense on low-resistance pickups through tube circuits. I don't know what you are talking about.

Can you be more specific? The rig sounds full and fat thanks to the BBE.

The filters on the potentiometers only take effect when the resistance is rolled in (I should be specific: I mean when the volume knob is rolled off.) They do nothing at all when the guitar is full-open, that's how the capacitors (high-pass filters) work.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 3, 2014

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
bleep bloop wanna hear nothing but bass rumbling in the night

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

killhamster posted:

bleep bloop wanna hear nothing but bass rumbling in the night
What? The point of the high-pass filters is to keep the guitar sounding bright and chimey when the volume is rolled back.
Even bass players like to have some good high end on their tone.

Ah crap, it's about bedtime. Yell at me and I'll come back when I get to work and have some down time.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Dr. Faustus posted:

Even bass players like to have some good high end on their tone.

Ah crap, it's about bedtime. Yell at me and I'll come back when I get to work and have some down time.

I think you mean midrange.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Caps aren't inherently any kind of filter you retarded sperg they change based on configuration holy poo poo you have no idea about anything you post about just stop

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Spanish Manlove posted:

holy poo poo you have no idea about anything you post about just stop

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's all the same guitar salesman kooky Mumbo jumbo that doesn't mean anything other than just filler text for the badly graphic designed adds in the back of guitar world

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

gently caress, seriouspost again, I'm really being a boring twat. But, one psychological phenomenon that Dr. Faustus seems completely blind to.

Dr. Faustus posted:

This is how you speak about your Mother? My bullshit detector is going nuts.
No, this is how I speak to my mother. My family is completely out of your bullshit detector's range. She's been hearing it for decades, she understands it, she knows I'm right, and I truly think that's it's a psychological phenomenon that I'm pretty sure you are not able to perceive(no assholeishness intended there). The whole family's like that.

My mom and I talk bluntly about serious things, and she's just fine with it. The entire family is like that.I don't do it unless it's serious. I was right in this case ('go to the hospital now'), she stayed home and went two days with vomit on her, and it will never happen again if I'm aware of it, like I was recommending Tuesday. The days after, I was unfortunately having my own medical problems.

I'm much more blunt to people close to me then others, and they all appreciate it or put up with me, or they go the gently caress away But I can be useful. Sometimes I even do it very politely, to official sorts of people, and it works. It's can be as hell.

You have to be perceive things that you don't even be able to understand the reason for. And it took me a good while to move into dealing normal perceptions. Once I did, I'm a manipulator.

You're seeing the helpful, considerate part here though. I am a nasty loving rear end in a top hat to people who get on the wrong side of me and have no influence over me, if it's called for. loving vicious. You just got today's Boy Scout influence, but I don't care about that part here, this place is entertaining, not important.

poo poo, please start mocking me or something so I shut up. I'm about to fire up the weed, though. Maybe that will shut me the gently caress up.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Shut te gently caress up you bitch idiot you're boring and stupid and on the same level as Faustus

Bolek
May 1, 2003

good to know another genius is adapting this strategy

Rob Ford
Aug 12, 2013

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfFTzJu7Kwk

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Faustus is a narcissist who is only capable of talking about himself. Everyone knows someone like this who just blah blah blah about themselves on and on. God forbid if you run into someone like that while you're trying to have a good time at the bar.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Dr. Faustus posted:

My dog doesn't give a poo poo, nor does her dog.

skander out-sperged Faustus, this I can skandly believe

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

yes its one of mine I'm curious what non-musicians think and the consensus.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
It's definitely guitar-like but I don't understand the coloring or the presentation of gay little birds on the fret board. Maybe you play at a church

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think it's ugly

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
apparently the boundaries of that one guy's imagination only extend to airbrushed titties

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

yeah, that ones awful for any decade

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I'd slap that

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'll come back

please don't

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Rotten Punk
Nov 11, 2009

yall fags just jelly you cant shred

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Neat. Norman Bates bought his mom an account.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

ZombieParts posted:

Maybe you play at a church
Nope, it definitely plays the devil rock and roll!
i always thought the birds were neat i figured the paint would catch more ire

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

iostream.h posted:

i dunno, when i saw that prs, i was instantly reminded of the 1977 houston astros for some reason

Harakiri Potter fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jan 3, 2014

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

iostream.h posted:

On my phone the paint made it sort of look like a used tampon. It looks better on a proper screen but it's still pretty blurgh imo.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Is this good acid or bad acid I can't tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

White Dog Eggs posted:

On my phone the paint made it sort of look like a used tampon. It looks better on a proper screen but it's still pretty blurgh imo.

i have to admit i've never seen a guitar whose paint job has a bad steve miller band cover tune faintly emanating from it

• Locked thread