Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

But it's not griefing! No one experiences grief! It's some kind of thing where...a guy does stuff...in a game...and everyone has fun?!

i hope he does it forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Doc Hawkins posted:

But it's not griefing! No one experiences grief! It's some kind of thing where...a guy does stuff...in a game...and everyone has fun?!

i hope he does it forever

If there ever was a person who legitimately deserves to make a living playing video games, it's him.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Krinkle posted:

So that guy's three friends was just one guy and he died instantly? That was really entertaining.

I've warmed up to the can crush knowing that it's only being done to people who live stream.

It was just him and two others, and one of them died instantly.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Welp, both videos seem to have been taken down by the streamers. I've never seen a stream sniping video taken down before, zelmarked has all of his up still, as well as a few other individual videos.

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.
Yeah that's exactly why I made my BF4 vids unlisted (especially the ones involving TheSnomann).

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
That's also why I've taken to downloading ones I particularly like. Never know if they might be gone the next day.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

The annoying girl with the insufferable voice and the gajillion lip piercings made a copyright claim? Is her lovely livestream actual intellectual property now?

Does that mean that the makers of DayZ could slap her with a C&D order?

Somebody make them aware of this. That would be a pretty great grief.

(I can dream).

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

MinistryofLard posted:

The annoying girl with the insufferable voice and the gajillion lip piercings made a copyright claim? Is her lovely livestream actual intellectual property now?

Does that mean that the makers of DayZ could slap her with a C&D order?

Somebody make them aware of this. That would be a pretty great grief.

(I can dream).

Jackson Vaughan 4 weeks ago

You know after having played with you during your livestreams and watching some of your videos you do deserve more views than this.
Reply ·

Raavyn18 2 weeks ago

Yeah, I just suck at networking, so very few people know about my stuff.
·

Yea that's it. Couldn't be that you're unfunny. I do applaude Jackson Vaughans attempt at getting a hand breezy though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god, while I was trying to build a tiny mud fort in 7 Days to hold off the zombies, some horrible griefer with an LLJK tag (I know, what are the odds?!) rushed in, planted a whole bunch of dynamite under my tiny fort and blew it sky high.

Then I found out that dynamite blowing up just makes more dynamite, then I became the monster.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Oh god, while I was trying to build a tiny mud fort in 7 Days to hold off the zombies, some horrible griefer with an LLJK tag (I know, what are the odds?!) rushed in, planted a whole bunch of dynamite under my tiny fort and blew it sky high.

Then I found out that dynamite blowing up just makes more dynamite, then I became the monster.

They did you a favour, the mud fort would have lasted about 30 seconds.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

SynthOrange posted:

To be fair, I was the guy with the tag and I didn't touch the building. I just stood next to you and watched as everyone else dismantled the place.

Then I blew us both up, for old times' sake.

Teratrain fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 3, 2014

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
hnnnnggg double post

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Enallyniv posted:

To be fair, I was the guy with the tag and I didn't touch the building. I just stood next to you and watched as everyone else dismantled the place.

Then I blew us both up, for old times' sake.

You monster! Also is there a thread for it anywhere on the forums? The name doesnt really help for searches.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

SynthOrange posted:

You monster! Also is there a thread for it anywhere on the forums? The name doesnt really help for searches.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3597545 is what you're looking for :)

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
This stream sniping stuff reminds me of a quick story. A few months ago my friend messages me and tells me to check out a Day Z stream. I start watching and the guy who's playing is getting rather pissed off because my friend's brother is putting the entire script of Starcraft in chat. I said it was funny, but not super amazing. Then my friend pointed out that it was in all caps and was not copy-pasted. That's right, my friend's brother was transcribing the entire script of Starcraft's campaign in all caps in Day Z.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's supposed to be better because the guy knows how to use a keyboard and caps lock?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Bruceski posted:

It's supposed to be better because the guy knows how to use a keyboard and caps lock?

I enjoyed it enough, can't say the same for your post.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

DayZ video being circulated around the internet, had me nearly in tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2N8kMbqsbI

The title might spoil it though.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

icantfindaname posted:

Amazing

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

icantfindaname posted:

Spoiled for the end of the video: How did he just... vanish, like that? At the end?

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

icantfindaname posted:

Goddammit, now I'm seriously torn between DayZ and 7 Days to Die. That Steam has 'em at basically the same price isn't helping.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Spoiled for the end of the video: How did he just... vanish, like that? At the end?

Disconnected from the server.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Bruceski posted:

Rather than copy/paste it, he actually typed it out. So he's also dumb, you see.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

icantfindaname posted:

I.. Don't get it. All I see there is some creepy looking dude slowly walking towards the guy filming, do you have to play DayZ to understand what's going on?

vvv That makes sense. I was wondering what the gently caress he was freaking out about.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 3, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It's not about the dude slowly walking, it's about the guy filming LOSING HIS MIND about it.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Sammus posted:

I.. Don't get it. All I see there is some creepy looking dude slowly walking towards the guy filming, do you have to play DayZ to understand what's going on?

He heard a noise so he walked into a room and saw a man, naked and bleeding to death, in a gimp position. He asks the masked man standing over the dying man "what did you do to him?" and the masked man abruptly murders the dying man and starts slowly walking towards the guy like every nightmare you can't outrun you've ever had. Instead of responding with human words, he is playing over his proximity chat some turn of the century calliope nonsense song that belongs in a broken down haunted carnival and he won't stop slowly advancing, with a weapon, towards the main character, who is begging for the man to say the joke is over and for a return to sanity to occur. The man offers the monster EVERYTHING HE OWNS to make this stop and he receives no answer. The advancing monster is an unstoppable force of nature. Death is certain. Then, abruptly, the song ends, the monster stops, and disappears ~like he was never there to begin with~

I hope this helps.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Sammus posted:

vvv That makes sense. I was wondering what the gently caress he was freaking out about.

The mask man has a fireaxe, which is basically a oneshot instakill weapon, so the guy playing is pretty certain he's going to die. The chances of finding a person in a random house like that are pretty much zero, and it turns out to be a dude in a weird mask playing tiny tim music over the microphone. It's funny, you see.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Thanks, but I'll continue pretending that's actually how the streamer reacts to any other person in his life, ingame or not, with or without fireaxe or tiny tim music. :colbert:

Shopping for groceries takes him a while.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Sammus posted:

The guy was just playing along and immersed with what was happening, it was pretty creepy after all. If you don't feel like suspending your disbelief and enjoying the atmosphere of the game then something like this will never affect you. Also, never watch a horror movie (they're fake, the actors aren't really getting murdered)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Ferret King posted:

never watch a horror movie (they're fake, the actors aren't really getting murdered)

Thanks for the spoilers. :mad:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

The Ferret King posted:

The guy was just playing along and immersed with what was happening, it was pretty creepy after all. If you don't feel like suspending your disbelief and enjoying the atmosphere of the game then something like this will never affect you. Also, never watch a horror movie (they're fake, the actors aren't really getting murdered)

And so began Sammus' quest to find a legitimate snuff film.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
It's not calliope music, it's a ukelele.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCtQmwJ1WAY

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Dick Burglar posted:

And so began Sammus' quest to find a legitimate snuff film.

This is the internet, if I want to see legitimate videos of people dying, I can just pop into the pics/youtube thread in GIP.

But I do appreciate people explaining to me what's going on in that video. It's the immersion of DayZ that makes it amazing, I understand now.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

It's not calliope music, it's a ukelele.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCtQmwJ1WAY

That song is so :3:

He's just so happy

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

icantfindaname posted:

I' was expecting the other song. Him walking up to the window and then tiptoe through the tulips comes on.

I used to play Tiny Tim in my HLSS CS griefing days. Not very imaginative but I'm sure I posted about some of the things that it lent itself to in this thread. Like Sonic the Hedgehog sounds as I was playing.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Goddammit, now I'm seriously torn between DayZ and 7 Days to Die. That Steam has 'em at basically the same price isn't helping.

Don't get DayZ yet, it is still very very rough. 7 Days or Rust is a better choice.

Speaking of Rust, I have taken to doing this on random servers. The local voice chat is proximity based (but sadly very quiet) and fades in and out depending on distance.

You can pop into a random server, craft a few weapons, and chase newly spawned characters with them. I ended up chasing one guy for a full ten minutes before he finally collapsed while running. Since I didn't let him collect any food he literally fled for his life until he starved to death. The whole time I ran after him I proclaimed how I would just like to be friends and sang him happy tunes about murder

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Well it was creepy enough that when I remembered it it was caliope music, the creepiest instrument.

Is the standalone DayZ the one where the russian studio dicked over Steam and got removed from the marketplace while Steam handed out-of-pocket refunds, but suddenly came back and was sold again? Or am I thinking of the direct to dvd snakes-on-a-train knockoff that tried to beat it to market? I can't remember.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Krinkle posted:

Well it was creepy enough that when I remembered it it was caliope music, the creepiest instrument.

Is the standalone DayZ the one where the russian studio dicked over Steam and got removed from the marketplace while Steam handed out-of-pocket refunds, but suddenly came back and was sold again? Or am I thinking of the direct to dvd snakes-on-a-train knockoff that tried to beat it to market? I can't remember.

You're thinking of The War Z now branded Infestation: Survivor Stories

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Krinkle posted:

turn of the century calliope nonsense song

Tiny Tim was from the 60s dude

In other news GTA Online griefing continues to be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Step 1 - listen for gangsta wannabes on chat
Step 2 - place a bounty on them for easy findability
Step 3 - kill them repeatedly from your pink and purple car while they rage in chat.

It would be funny if Rockstar wasn't so terrible at game balance.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Tiny Tim was from the 60s dude

Give the man some respect while you're at it.

• Locked thread