Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

White Dog Eggs posted:

I made this, you may have a point.

Edit: Holy poo poo that's the 3rd time I've posted this. Enough is enough.

Nah it's uglier than that surfboard guitar that gets posted every third post so you're good.

And now for two more beauts. See if you can spot the common theme:

Just looking at them makes me feel like the 2nd amendment is even more protected now.

edit: bonus: Maybe nsfw:

:nsfw::nsfw:

edit edit: Holy poo poo boys we've struck oil!

Here's a loving site that named itself "Awesome Guitars Beautiful Guitars" and it's about what you'd expect based on what we've seen so far. Hell yes.

Some examples:

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

GreatGreen posted:

And now for two more beauts. See if you can spot the common theme:

Just looking at them makes me feel like the 2nd amendment is even more protected now.
It's Freedom! Why do you hate it so?

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

these need to be MIDI guitars hooked up to a synth that just makes gun sounds at different frequencies for the first ever all gun-sounds band

also an electronic drum kit is in the band that also makes gun sounds

also the lead singer just fires off a gun near a mic the whole time

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
oh poo poo who was that bodybuilder dude who played one of those. he was in alice cooper's band for a minute back in the 80s

e: kane roberts that's the guy

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

this kinda misses the mark i think

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
One of those machine gun guitars would look cool for one song and one song only, and that'd be "Battery" by Metallica. And it'd only be used for the rhythm, the "dadadadadadaDA, dadadadadadaDA" parts. The rhythm guitarist could grimace and aim the guitar like a gun at the audience while he plays.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

I Might Be Adam posted:

Every time this gets posted, I just think about how disgusting that fuzz is going to get when it gets coated in sweat and beer. ehh, this guitar is going to need a bath.

I had to run a vacuum cleaner over it once it a week to get rid of all the dust/pet hair. The white fur by the cut-away is probably brown by now.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
well, just came back from the music shop, and apparently they're selling Walking Dead themed guitars.

gently caress all zombie related media

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Stex T posted:

gently caress all zombie related media

an extention: gently caress rob zombie

Iamthegibbons
Apr 9, 2009

Dec 26, 2012

Fonzarelli posted:

if anything its a little too on the nose

that said i like the pattern on the front as if anyones gonna see that as anything but a big ol wang

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

thats some classic uggo right there

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Photex posted:

What I don't understand is some of these guys in their 40s and 50s still not realizing "hey i'm not to good at this lead business maybe I should become a solid rhythm guitarist"

i dont understand why "solid rhythm guitarist" is not the first goal of many guitarists, rather than "i wana play stairway 2 heven!! :downs:"

actually nvm yes i do.

Dec 26, 2012

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
Boris is dope as poo poo, Rock Dream is an incredible album. All their work with Michio Kurihara is fantastic too, that guy can make a guitar scream.

Boredoms is another awesome Japanese band with dopey guitars, namely a giant seven-necked one

The frontman, Yamataka Eye, plays it with either drum beaters or a big-rear end bow. Stupid looking but neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBTb0xIFek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBTb0xIFek

I like how the inside kind of matches the carpet shade so on first glance it just looks like there's an f-hole punched through the guitar

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Fonzarelli posted:

mark mothersbaugh what the hell happened to you

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

yeah I don't know what's going on here. something about carbon fiber.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
here's some more stupid looking poo poo

and i don't give a gently caress this one is awesome

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

This one is great. It's like it was purpose-built to part 50+ year old dentist/lawyer classic rock guitar players from their money.

Just think how great Carry On My Wayward Son would sound on that thang.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
ahahahaha what the gently caress

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

killhamster posted:

here's some more stupid looking poo poo

Dec 26, 2012

killhamster posted:

what even the heck

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

GreatGreen posted:

This one is great. It's like it was purpose-built to part 50+ year old dentist/lawyer classic rock guitar players from their money.

Just think how great Carry On My Wayward Son would sound on that thang.

This is literally the reason PRS released a 22-fret model. 24 frets is for young people playing angry-core death metal like Dragonforce and My Chemical Valentine.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Back up. What is this.

Please tell me somebody somewhere for real thinks these are cool.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 3, 2014

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

When he clicks his heels little hot wheels cars fly out the front of his shoes and ramp off into the eyes of his enemies.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

White Dog Eggs posted:

When he clicks his heels little hot wheels cars fly out the front of his shoes and ramp off into the eyes of his enemies.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

killhamster posted:

that guitar doesn't have enough pickups

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

White Dog Eggs posted:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

5er posted:

mark mothersbaugh what the hell happened to you

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

Back up. What is this.

Please tell me somebody somewhere for real thinks these are cool.

its a thing in mexico

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

its a thing in mexico

it's like so when you take a poo poo in a public stall, other people know that you're taking a poo poo in a public stall

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Everything on this website is hideous

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

White Dog Eggs posted:

This is literally the reason PRS released a 22-fret model. 24 frets is for young people playing angry-core death metal like Dragonforce and My Chemical Valentine.

i thought it was because the neck pickup can't be placed under the antinode with 24 fret fretboards

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Sascha from KMFDM used to play something like this in the early 80s except it only had 3 Strings, i'm not sure if it had midi capabilities but I wouldn't be surprised if it did considering the style of music.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

comes along bort posted:

i thought it was because the neck pickup can't be placed under the antinode with 24 fret fretboards

Warning: Yet more guitar spergin'

This is true, you can't get that nice strat 'quack' with a 24 fret, but that's really only applicable if you are using a strat configuration or if you are using p-90's with distortion (they sound extra nasty, which is what you want). Humbuckers sound horrible at the antinode, moving the neck pickup down a few mm makes a lot of difference for the better. Amongst a lot of older players there seems to be '24 fret = Angry Shouty music' mentality which PRS were more than happy to capitalise on.

One of the main things to remember about electric guitars is that the technology dates back to the 1950's and there haven't really been many big attempts to improve or innovate because guitarists are a depressingly conservative lot.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Photex posted:

Sascha from KMFDM used to play something like this in the early 80s except it only had 3 Strings, i'm not sure if it had midi capabilities but I wouldn't be surprised if it did considering the style of music.

i'm pretty sure he also played a vacuum cleaner

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPKhJ5EJlmI

YeahDavidLeeRoth
Sep 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT5W_j0VVDw

2:45 on, yngwie owns so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Think I'd rather hang out with Ed Roman.

• Locked thread