Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Feature request: is it possible to disable auto-refresh on the bookmarks page? In the new version it's quite slow and I have to wait until it's done to click or it will refresh and take me to the wrong thread. Since there's pull to refresh, it doesn't seem necessary to auto-refresh every time I go to the bookmarks page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

rio posted:

How do I hide the bookmarks window tater the update? It is up all of the time after the update and taking up a ton of space - half the screen when in portrait orientation.

e: this is on the ipad

Tap the <> (or ><) and it will collapse.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Trying to view user profiles basically makes the app unusable for me. Latest update, iPhone 5S on 7.0.4.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

illcendiary posted:

Trying to view user profiles basically makes the app unusable for me. Latest update, iPhone 5S on 7.0.4.

Just checked this on my 5S, and it's the same, app just crashes when pressing profile.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Works fine on 7.1, if anybody was wondering.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Saw an update, no ipad swiping added back yet, continued to be disappointed with the app.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

The new FYAD auto-correct affectation is dumb as hell. Everything else is kewl though good job

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Pan Ache posted:

Currently: Can't see ops in fyad

Noticing something similar but what's happening is I'm always 1 post short. Ie: if the app says there's 1 unread post and I click on the thread, I don't see anything. If it says 3 unread posts I'll see the 2 most recent, etc... Only way to correct is using previous posts button but that can't be done when op is missing

Peta posted:

The new FYAD auto-correct affectation is dumb as hell.

Wrong, but I would also suggest that it's not for you.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Can you make it so threads with no new posts don't show up under bookmarks. Also, make the bookmarks tab show more than one page of bookmarks.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

Can you make it so threads with no new posts don't show up under bookmarks.

I personally don't like this suggestion as sometimes I want to go back to a bookmarked thread to find a specific post. If the thread doesn't show in bookmarked threads, then I'll have to search through the forums till I find it which would take a significantly amount of time.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Having an option to sort threads with new posts above threads without new posts in the Bookmarks is on the todo list.

I always ask for it so I know.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

dantheman650 posted:

Feature request: is it possible to disable auto-refresh on the bookmarks page? In the new version it's quite slow and I have to wait until it's done to click or it will refresh and take me to the wrong thread. Since there's pull to refresh, it doesn't seem necessary to auto-refresh every time I go to the bookmarks page.

Maybe it should just lock out inputs while it is refreshing? Because you want to give people a second to read the updates list after it refreshes.

elbow
Jun 7, 2006

The app refuses to show the first unread post in one particular thread I have bookmarked. If there is one new post and I tap on the thread, it loads the thread but doesn't show the post, and instead it says 'End of thread'. If there are several new posts in that thread, it will show the posts after the first unread posts, but still not that one. If I go to previous posts it does show up.

It only happens in that thread, and only since the latest update, I think.

I'm on an iPhone 5s, 7.0.4 and am using version 2.0.1 of the app.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Can we get the "logged in as:" part of the settings to link to our profile? It's not often I need it but I don't even know how to get to it on here without hunting down a post of mine.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
How many accounts do you have here?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
He just wants a quick link to his own profile.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

eddiewalker posted:

How many accounts do you have here?

One.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

He just wants a quick link to his own profile.

This.

e: being able to back out for multiquotes is nice. also I can't remember if I've seen it reported or not but just in case: hitting the arrow by name and hitting to view profile consistently causes a crash. iPhone 5S 7.0.4.

baram. fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 2, 2014

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Can we do anything about the legibility of the unread count of yellow bookmarks on the default theme? I cannot make them out to save my life.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Short term: ehhhhhhhh not that I know of

Long term: There is a new design coming for bookmark coloring that will do the coloring by having tabs in the post's row, allowing all number counts to just be one color without losing the functionality (and regaining sanity).

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I find one of the most annoying elements of the new app that I didn't mention before is following links to other threads on my iPad. Is there no way to back out to what you were reading before? It used to be a simple tap on the top left to go back to the original thread.

Now I have to think before tapping links to other threads because I'll lose my place in the first thread.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Two things:

1) Thank you to all contributors for your work on the app, it is one of the most used apps on my phone and I appreciate the effort you have put in

2) Last night someone texted me a link to archives.somethingawful.com but copying it to clipboard and loading the app did not present the option to follow the link inside the app. Is this something that is unpossible because archives dot is separate from forums dot, or is this something that could be put on The List?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

mewse posted:

2) Last night someone texted me a link to archives.somethingawful.com but copying it to clipboard and loading the app did not present the option to follow the link inside the app. Is this something that is unpossible because archives dot is separate from forums dot, or is this something that could be put on The List?

I'm guessing that Pokeyman will say it's on the list, but in the mean time if you just replace the word "archives" with "forums" it should work.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Diabolik900 posted:

I'm guessing that Pokeyman will say it's on the list, but in the mean time if you just replace the word "archives" with "forums" it should work.

Is this [almost] always the case? If so that's a really easy fix.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Any fix for the sporadic thread ratings that some people brought up?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Baram posted:

Can we get the "logged in as:" part of the settings to link to our profile? It's not often I need it but I don't even know how to get to it on here without hunting down a post of mine.

That's smart. It's on the list!

JazzFlight posted:

I find one of the most annoying elements of the new app that I didn't mention before is following links to other threads on my iPad. Is there no way to back out to what you were reading before? It used to be a simple tap on the top left to go back to the original thread.

Now I have to think before tapping links to other threads because I'll lose my place in the first thread.

On the list.

ultramiraculous posted:

Is this [almost] always the case? If so that's a really easy fix.

Yes and yes.

101 posted:

Any fix for the sporadic thread ratings that some people brought up?

Haven't looked into it yet. It's kinda funny to watch, in a sad way. On the list.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Loving the new app, but the only problem I have with it is the options menu appearing "cut off" when tapping on the blue dots that have been moved to the end of someone's post. "Mark Read to Here" is cut off and "Quote" doesn't even show up. Closing the app and re-opening it doesn't do any good.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4, Awful 2.0.1

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Charles Martel posted:

Loving the new app, but the only problem I have with it is the options menu appearing "cut off" when tapping on the blue dots that have been moved to the end of someone's post. "Mark Read to Here" is cut off and "Quote" doesn't even show up. Closing the app and re-opening it doesn't do any good.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4, Awful 2.0.1

It's a swipe menu. Swipe sideways to get the rest of the options.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Am I supposed to never get more than the first page of bookmarks?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

IllegallySober posted:

It's a swipe menu. Swipe sideways to get the rest of the options.

So it is. I didn't even think to try that since sometimes all three options would show, and only "Copy URL" would show.

Thanks! Ignore my very stupid post above please and keep up the great work, pokeyman and co.!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

scary ghost dog posted:

Am I supposed to never get more than the first page of bookmarks?

Supposed to? No.

Going to because of a bug? Yes.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is there an update due anytime soon? I'd like to read FYAD again without missing the OP again.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Pokeyman has actually fixed that and he's submitting the next build to Apple fairly soon so hopefully not much longer. Also you can fix it by not reading FYAD.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

So it is. I didn't even think to try that since sometimes all three options would show, and only "Copy URL" would show.

Thanks! Ignore my very stupid post above please and keep up the great work, pokeyman and co.!

I don't think it's that stupid, since I've never seen a swipe menu before. The standard iOS 7 action popup menu for this kind of thing looks like this:

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Those scrollable menus are pretty bad, and they're probably going to be changed, but they are based on a standard iOS 7 UI element.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Diabolik900 posted:

Those scrollable menus are pretty bad, and they're probably going to be changed, but they are based on a standard iOS 7 UI element.

Fair point. I hadn't realize Apple uses this too. Makes me think the Awful version would work better if it was always full width.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

smackfu posted:

Fair point. I hadn't realize Apple uses this too. Makes me think the Awful version would work better if it was always full width.

Yeah, being full-width ensures that the 5th icon is partially visible, which is a visual cue that the icon list can be scrolled.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well in the modal a fourth icon is cut off to do the same. Though things look bad when there are three icons because there's no scrolling and they're off centered. It's also not great when it's just 4 because it's like scroll for one. I actually think it's not bad when you have 5 or more icons.

Also the current appstore version of Awful I think has the modal width bug where it's not as wide as it's supposed to be and only applying the width of the title text.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

If I use the menu to go from YOSPOS to bookmarks as Awful decides to refresh the list of threads the app crashes 100% of the time in a repeatable way.

This is a 5S with 7.0.4.

machinegunmessiah
Jul 16, 2012
I can't see avatars or smileys on IOS7, iPhone 5. There's just a white box with a black border. Pics in posts are fine. What should I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

machinegunmessiah posted:

I can't see avatars or smileys on IOS7, iPhone 5. There's just a white box with a black border. Pics in posts are fine. What should I do?

It's this:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3501654&pagenumber=30#post423826159

• Locked thread