Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Gtab's Improved Ammo in the OP.

And there's this.

Thanks. Didn't even think to look in the OP. I'll give those a whirl later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So I stumbled upon this while trawling around Nexus.

Rita's Cafe

Adds a new little indoor area in Freeside that is supposed to be Rita's Cafe (with the out of this world pies!)

Has a compatibility patch with Freeside Open. I love little mods like this.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

So has anyone encountered a bug where your weapon sway suddenly becomes ridiculous? I have 100 guns skill and I meet the strength requirements of a gun but its nigh unusable. To make it even stranger, I was using said gun just fine a couple hours ago.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Man Whore posted:

So has anyone encountered a bug where your weapon sway suddenly becomes ridiculous? I have 100 guns skill and I meet the strength requirements of a gun but its nigh unusable. To make it even stranger, I was using said gun just fine a couple hours ago.

May be stupid, but you arms aren't broken, are they?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

May be stupid, but you arms aren't broken, are they?

Nah, the bug happened after they were broken but I only noticed the bug after I fixed it.

EDIT-Loading it up fixed it. I ran into the bug before and it seems to be that repairing your arms just doesn't register sometimes for some reason.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 2, 2014

Old Style Pilsner
Feb 14, 2012
Could someone please recommend a good preset config for ENB shaders?
I just did a clean install and while I can tell that things must look beautiful vs. vanilla, It's like I'm looking at the world through foggy goggles.

Extra info:
My mod list is geared towards 'Vanilla Enhanced' aesthetically and gameplay wise. I'm only using stuff from the OP, and while I did experience a bit of graphical funniness, I'm 85% sure it was tied to me forcing hardware AA even though ENB told me not to.

Here's my load order just in case.

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
NevadaSkies.esm
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - DLCs.esm
CFWNV.esm
GtabImprovedAmmoTFRMaster.esm
WME - DLCs.esp
FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
CFW-DLC.esp
MojaveExtended20.esp
MojaveExtended40.esp
MojaveExtended60.esp
MojaveExtended80.esp
MojaveExtended100.esp
pyDoF.esp

Total active plugins: 26
Total plugins: 28

ENB runs over top (wrapper version)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah, well, disable AA. ENB will do AA for you or something due to magic so not following the instructions is really counterproductive.

Old Style Pilsner
Feb 14, 2012
Absolutely, that's the first thing I did.
However, it really does look like I'm wearing foggy goggles. I guess this is part of ENB's default post-processing wash? Maybe this has something to do with Nevada Skies?
If it isn't, then it almost looks like I'm getting full strength DoF starting from my character's 0 point or something.

I'm also experiencing a hang/ crash on exit, but I'm used to that so it's not a concern unless there's a glaringly obvious problem with my load order.

Edit:

Yup, post processing. It's just extremely heavy- handed by default. Still open to advice on tweaking, though I admit that I ran crying prematurely.

Edit 2:

I am now experiencing crashes to desktop when using the pipboy, opening crates, and loading new ext. cells roughly 30% of the time. I have my cellstoload cranked to maximum using Configurator.

Old Style Pilsner fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 2, 2014

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Old Style Pilsner posted:

Absolutely, that's the first thing I did.
However, it really does look like I'm wearing foggy goggles. I guess this is part of ENB's default post-processing wash? Maybe this has something to do with Nevada Skies?
If it isn't, then it almost looks like I'm getting full strength DoF starting from my character's 0 point or something.

I'm also experiencing a hang/ crash on exit, but I'm used to that so it's not a concern unless there's a glaringly obvious problem with my load order.

Edit:

Yup, post processing. It's just extremely heavy- handed by default. Still open to advice on tweaking, though I admit that I ran crying prematurely.

Edit 2:

I am now experiencing crashes to desktop when using the pipboy, opening crates, and loading new ext. cells roughly 30% of the time. I have my cellstoload cranked to maximum using Configurator.
When I first started using ENB it looked like someone smeared vaseline over the camera lens and the framerate was in the teens. Turning off effects fixed that.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Old Style Pilsner posted:

Edit 2:

Not sure if it's directly related to your CTDs on exit, but if the Configurator's "cellstoload" is the same thing as editing "ugridstoload" in the .ini, then increasing that value (or, worse, maxing it out) is probably going to cause more harm than good. Since as far back as Oblivion, it's been understood that running with too high of a value can cause sharp drops in performance and stability, especially if corresponding changes aren't made to the exterior cell buffer to accommodate the increase.

Old Style Pilsner
Feb 14, 2012
Right, I remember that Oblivion and FO3 didn't like a value higher than 7, but I think I recall having Vegas maxed?
I had a feeling that there was something left out of the configurator. I'll twiddle with the cell buffer and see how it goes. I sure hope I can retain the draw distance, it sure does look pretty.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
Woah, came here after so much time expecting to find a pack of all of Arenovalis' weapons, still not up there :(

Also was hoping to see more from Someguy, see the guy has completely left the scene. Probably not gonna get bounties again either since while i found them a fun divergence without the whole story coming to a finale they don't really add that much more to the story, for me at least.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Gtab's Improved Ammo in the OP.

And there's this.
Gtab's Improved Ammo has incorrect values for some of the large batch recipes, where it will spit out the x100 output but only require the x1 input, leading to being able to create infinite ammo. I know that the 5.56mm recipes have this problem but I haven't taken the time to look through the actual values in fnvedit or whatever.

e: hmm.. guess it's just 'breakdown 5.56mm, varmint (mass)' recipe that's wrong.

sockpuppetclock fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 3, 2014

StickyNavels
Apr 3, 2009
I think the vaseline-smear/washed-out effect is because of the standard ENB gamma and bloom settings. Try "Enhanced Shaders" - it doesn't stray too far from vanilla. If you're using the wrapper version of ENB you can modify the process properties in real-time by pressing SHIFT+ENTER (is this possible with the injector as well? I wouldn't know).

I'm personally using ENB for shadows, SSAO and palettes. I wouldn't mind getting some kind of heat haze effect going some day.

Pooping.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I installed DarnUI and when I installed MCM, FOMM asked me to overwrite the startmenu.xml for DarnUI; I did and now I got a message about DarnUI not working correctly. Is this usual? Should I just rename the file?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

radlum posted:

I installed DarnUI and when I installed MCM, FOMM asked me to overwrite the startmenu.xml for DarnUI; I did and now I got a message about DarnUI not working correctly. Is this usual? Should I just rename the file?

use uHud to make it all work.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

StickyNavels posted:

I think the vaseline-smear/washed-out effect is because of the standard ENB gamma and bloom settings. Try "Enhanced Shaders" - it doesn't stray too far from vanilla. If you're using the wrapper version of ENB you can modify the process properties in real-time by pressing SHIFT+ENTER (is this possible with the injector as well? I wouldn't know).

I'm personally using ENB for shadows, SSAO and palettes. I wouldn't mind getting some kind of heat haze effect going some day.

Pooping.

But doesn't that not work right with newer versions of ENB, IE the ones that DON'T make your weapons turn transparent when viewed in first person?

Then again ENB seems to keep making everything turn invisible at random times and I'm not sure what part of it is causing that but it happens no matter what preset, including no preset, or ENB version is used.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
IWS fun - with ghouls jacked up to max and most of the other settings max'd or near, I've found some interesting things.

1 - Forlorn Hope: instead of Bloatflies and Legion raiders when you first arrive, there's 8-10 Cazadors. :aaaaa: Had to console most of the NPCs to "essential", so I could complete quests.

2 - Boulder City: there's a hidden Sentrybot factory somewhere on the back side, where the Radscorpions live. 15+ bots will usually spawn when I get near, contracted to Orkin and hosing all insects.

3 - The Brewery Shack: OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING TO DIE CAZADORS

4 - The Legendary Nightstalker cave: actually turned out pretty easy. Why? Because about eight Cazadors had spawned in the final chamber, and there were only four Nightstalkers left. (And the Legendary was down over 80%.)

5 - REPCONN Headquarters: Oh hey, all the Sentrybots are active and the alarm klaxon is running (and can't be turned off). Sentrybots will murder all the Mr. Handys in the place, except the Tour Guide. (May have something to do with the Right To Bear Arms mod, which added a Gun Runners Arsenal footlocker.)

6 - Vault 3 (outside, fast-travelled in): One of my NCR Ranger followers (NCR Emergency Radio) decided to spawn in there, after disappearing days ago. And was immediately beaten to death by 25+ Fiends. :unsmigghh:

7 - Anyplace Centaurs spawn or loiter: Goddamn, I hope I have enough ammo.

8 - Anyplace that Deathclaws spawn or loiter: gently caress

9 - Anyplace Feral Ghouls spawn or loiter: Oh hey, it's the parking lot scene from the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake, and can I just go back to Cazador Central please...

(I have yet to go to Searchlight or any closer than the pedestrian overpass at the REPCONN launch facility. I did get up to the doctor's shack behind the Nevada Highway Patrol substation, but it was pretty ugly. As was the Bitter Springs Recreational Area and the whole Ghoul-park up in that section.)(Don't forget the entertainment value of a NCR Ranger delivering a fresh radio, and immediately running through the sewers into 20+ Ferals. The railway tunnel up by Nellis is also exciting.)

Almost forgot:

10 - Zion: Sneaky instaspawns are intact, but the Giant Cazadors are nothing compared to the Giant Green Geckos. See one or two, shoot them, and suddenly 15-20 more are being teleported in.

Giant swarms of Legion don't seem to be present, for the most part, as opposed to Fiends and other gangs - the railroad-tunnel camp south of the Legion Raid Camp can be ridiculously populated at times, and 15-25 Fiends take on 10-12 NCR pretty regularly at the El Ray Motel overpass. (The Fiend spawns between North Vegas Square/Westside and the Sunset Sarsaparilla plant are much less "human wave" with the current version of IWS.)

Guess I should head for the Sierra Madre soon, how bad could it be? (15 Ghost People spawn in as I wake up.)

Zamboni Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 3, 2014

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

uaciaut posted:

Woah, came here after so much time expecting to find a pack of all of Arenovalis' weapons, still not up there :(

Millenia hasn't responded to my questions on Steam in a while in regards to the last few weapons and I've no drive to do the leveled lists portion of the merged pack. Also, we've needed someone to do the FOMOD script for us for like a year and a half and everyone who has volunteered to do it has bailed on us. It's been really hard to give a poo poo when nobody else seems to, including Mill himself.

That's really all that's left, I did everything else. I'm tempted to just link what's done and let people finish it if they may but it's not my weapons or my mods so I won't.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
Sorry i'm a tard when it comes to that stuff or i would've helped.

Probably gonna do a more purist run this time, will run Sawyer's mod (first time doing it actually, heh), Cirosan's for the classic perk exclusively since Cirosan's perks and traits are, imo, the only really good ones out there.
I keep arguing with myself whether i should take PN for only core components or not since i find bullet time rather helpful and such and most of the other components are QOL things, but sprinting can be a bit game-affecting at times.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Sprinting is one of those things I can't really do without now. Especially in Dead Money. Oh god my head's about to explode and I'm out of AP fuckfuckfuck etc.

Mage Ham
Apr 28, 2010
Hello, all! I just picked up New Vegas in the steam sale, and given it's Bethesda, I thought I'd probably want to spend some time modding it up.

I'm very used to modding Skyrim, and I've always used Mod Organizer for that; at this point, I'm so familiar with it I can't imagine using anything else- and that's where the problem comes in.

Does anyone currently using it know how to get an MO install to recognize...more than one game?
I tried adding NV as an executable (doesn't seem to do what I want), and I tried installing a new instance of MO and pointing it toward the steam folder for New Vegas when it asks which game to manage, but it doesn't recognize the executable is there for some reason.

More or less all the MO documentation I can find has to do with Skyrim, so any help at all with getting started is much appreciated.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
You'll have to install another copy of Mod Organizer to handle New Vegas unfortunately. Also, considering Mod Organizer has some problems handling FOMODS installer, you might just want to use FOMOD or Nexus Mod Manager for Fallout.

xanthan posted:

Then again ENB seems to keep making everything turn invisible at random times and I'm not sure what part of it is causing that but it happens no matter what preset, including no preset, or ENB version is used.

That's when the Steam overlay pops up, ENB jus doesn't play nice with that.

Fair Bear Maiden fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jan 3, 2014

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
EDIT: Dumb double post.

Mage Ham
Apr 28, 2010

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

You'll have to install another copy of Mod Organizer to handle New Vegas unfortunately. Also, considering Mod Organizer has some problems handling FOMODS installer, you might just want to use FOMOD or Nexus Mod Manager for Fallout.
A separate install is the second thing I tried, actually.
When I navigate to steamapps/common/Fallout New Vegas, MO only sees the Data and redist folders; it doesn't detect the executable, so I can't tell it to 'manage' it on installation/startup.

I've never had any trouble with installers so far, and NMM was uniformly terrible in every way for the short period of time I attempted to use it, so I'm pretty motivated to get this to work.

I'm also a tiny bit reluctant to use FOMM since it hasn't been updated since 2010.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
FOMM is still by far the best mod manager for New Vegas unfortunately. It works perfectly fine. I setup a Mod Organizer install a few weeks ago and I still ended up installing FOMM to get everything working.

ZombyWoof
Sep 7, 2012
For those having issues with ENB/foggy/smeared view, I had this issue when I was setting up and going through a few presets. I discovered there is an overlay image that comes with ENB that isn't usually replaced, it's like wearing a scratched up gas mask with vaseline smeared over it. Have a look in your NV folder, I think it's this file "enblensmask.png".

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Zeron posted:

FOMM is still by far the best mod manager for New Vegas unfortunately. It works perfectly fine. I setup a Mod Organizer install a few weeks ago and I still ended up installing FOMM to get everything working.

Most Fallout mods - especially the UI ones, just have worse compatibility with FOMM as well - unfortunate, but the way it goes I guess.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
I actually really like MO and have been able to use it just fine. The only problem is that it makes installing UI mods a huge pain. I ended up installing them all through NMM, running uHUD, grabbing the files generated by uHUD, zipping them up, and installing them as a mod in MO. Sane people would probably just leave them installed through NMM, but I really wanted to keep my install folder clean for some autistic reason.

EDIT: That being said, if you know an easier way to do this through MO, let me know! The problem is that the uHUD fomod doesn't see the other mods in the data directory because of MO so it can't generate the files based on what you have installed. You have to do the same thing with Project Nevada Extra Options because the fomod won't let you install one of the modules (I don't remember which) if it doesn't see one of the regular PN modules.

take three tablets fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 3, 2014

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

So how feature complete is A Tale of Two Wastelands? Can you beat the game and DLC without any major issues? Also is there a way to select whether you want the game to start Fallout 3 or New Vegas from a new game or are you stuck in the Capital Wasteland until you find the location to take you to the Mojave?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Are there any decent new companion mods? I tried out Russell, but that really ends up breaking my game (it got to the point where I literally couldn't recruit anyone but him because of reasons)

I'm trying out Niner right now and he seems pretty decent. We decided to go to the Yangtze memorial together, get hosed up on whiskey and steady and then beat a roving band of raiders with sledgehammers to death with our fists.

Hopefully it doesn't get completely terrible later on. Pretty much every other Companion mod I've seen, other than the hacked together vanilla ones, looks pretty horribly "self-insert". Willow in particular looks like the ghost of a barbie doll :gonk:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

habanero walrus posted:

I actually really like MO and have been able to use it just fine. The only problem is that it makes installing UI mods a huge pain. I ended up installing them all through NMM, running uHUD, grabbing the files generated by uHUD, zipping them up, and installing them as a mod in MO. Sane people would probably just leave them installed through NMM, but I really wanted to keep my install folder clean for some autistic reason.

EDIT: That being said, if you know an easier way to do this through MO, let me know! The problem is that the uHUD fomod doesn't see the other mods in the data directory because of MO so it can't generate the files based on what you have installed. You have to do the same thing with Project Nevada Extra Options because the fomod won't let you install one of the modules (I don't remember which) if it doesn't see one of the regular PN modules.

I'm going to be An Autist and do this too. I already do it with Tale of Two Wastelands, so oh well.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

So how feature complete is A Tale of Two Wastelands? Can you beat the game and DLC without any major issues? Also is there a way to select whether you want the game to start Fallout 3 or New Vegas from a new game or are you stuck in the Capital Wasteland until you find the location to take you to the Mojave?

Pretty solid and in my opinion the best way to play through FO3 now. Some of the DLC is sketchy/buggy etc.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ddraig posted:

Sprinting is one of those things I can't really do without now. Especially in Dead Money. Oh god my head's about to explode and I'm out of AP fuckfuckfuck etc.
I really, really wish there were a way to map keyboard functions onto my controller without paying :10bux: for xpadder, because as it is I have to take one of my hands off the controller to sprint, use bullet time, or use the grenade key, which makes them close to useless aside from sprint making traversal of enemy-free areas a little faster.

ZombyWoof posted:

For those having issues with ENB/foggy/smeared view, I had this issue when I was setting up and going through a few presets. I discovered there is an overlay image that comes with ENB that isn't usually replaced, it's like wearing a scratched up gas mask with vaseline smeared over it. Have a look in your NV folder, I think it's this file "enblensmask.png".
I tried to install Enhanced Shaders, but it didn't seem to change any settings. I turned off the lens thing manually.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

That's when the Steam overlay pops up, ENB jus doesn't play nice with that.

That's what it was? Ok then, back to using ENB as soon as I find a good preset. Thank you.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

xanthan posted:

That's what it was? Ok then, back to using ENB as soon as I find a good preset. Thank you.

Most ENB presets are rubbish, but if you're using URWLNV, the one that comes with that mod is actually pretty good (I ended up disabling the palette because I think it's bad, but eh, it's easy enough).

Mage Ham
Apr 28, 2010

habanero walrus posted:

Thanks to everyone who offered advice re: MO/FOMM/etc.- it turned out the problem is that I'm an idiot and hadn't actually run the launcher first. After that, worked like a charm.

Since OneHUD is the only mod on my list I wasn't able to painlessly install via MO (it gives a script error), let me make sure I understand the procedure here:
1. Install HUD mod via means other than MO.
2. Start game, configure mod via in-game menu(?).
3. Find resultant files in Data folder(?), copy, create archive, install as mod via MO.
Am I leaving anything out? And does this work for OneHUD as well as uHUD?

Also: I'm running a pretty minimal set of mods:
Fellout, Project Reality, a Texture Pack, Character Overhaul, and Flora Overhaul for graphics.
Project Nevada, Universal Perk Requirements, OneHUD, and LPAM for content.

Is there anything I'm leaving out that would be considered obligatory and/or highly recommended? I want overall improvements without too complex a load-order, whence the current minimalist approach.

Mage Ham fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 4, 2014

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Slightly off topic, but there's no convenient Fallout 3 thread (no surprise). I decided that after ragging on FO3 a lot, I haven't really given it another try recently, so I just reinstalled. I'm getting a weird thing where, no matter where I start, the game hangs after about 2 minutes of play. I just made some upgrades to my computer, so I'm not sure if it's that or if it's not having up to date drivers. Anyone else experienced something along these lines?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Windows 7 I presume? I heard its really fussy about it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Windows 7 indeed, although I have about 100 hours of New Vegas and about 10 hours of 3 on this system minus the past changes, so it's a bit odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Strangely, updating my drivers allowed me to play for an additional ten minutes or so. I can play other, newer stuff like Dishonored without a problem. Very weird.