Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

White Dog Eggs posted:

I actually like this one :shrug:

What bugs me about that guitar is that the pick guard won't actually guard anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

apparently helps with vibrato and bends since you get a better traction on the string but ughhghguklsdhckas

I'm sure glad you explained that, it's very interesting.

The following exhibit combines literally everything bad about guitars: Stupid paintjob, stupid shape, double necked, 7-strings, fretless, and the fact that both necks are (ugh) bass guitars. I'm sure some of these frets are scalloped for her pleasure, too, if you find that sort of thing interesting.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Salt Fish posted:

What bugs me about that guitar is that the pick guard won't actually guard anything.

The guitar is going to get dinged all over the place; the pick won't destroy the sound if you scratch up the top. Or learn how to play guitar proper and you won't even need a pickguard.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Everybody, turn off the music and stop talking please so you can all listen to my version of Wonderwall. That is much more fun and cool than partying to A$AP Rocky.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The pickguard is more or less designed to hold the electronics in Fender guitars, on anything else you might as well throw them away

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Salt Fish posted:

Is it a pickguard, or, or... Is it holding the neck-pickup in place??? Mysterious!

I want to paint this on the side of my house.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Yes pickguards are very important and is a very interesting thing to talk about.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Just look at how stupid this guitar looks because it doesn't have a pickguard! Whoever bought this sure has an egg on his face now!

stratdax fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 4, 2014

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Declan MacManus posted:

The pickguard is more or less designed to hold the electronics in Fender guitars, on anything else you might as well throw them away

(Last sperg for a while, I promise), Scratch plates on Stratocasters were designed for super easy drop-in assembly, you just solder the output wire in and you're away. Fender guitars were designed for efficient factory assembly which is why most cheap guitars are Strat clones.

I'll be good now, I promise.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Stratocaster's are literally the greatest guitar ever made. Especially this one.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

bossman

saturated fart
Dec 26, 2012

stratdax posted:

The following exhibit combines literally everything bad about guitars: Stupid paintjob, stupid shape, double necked, 7-strings, fretless

Oh, c'mon, there's nothing wrong with fretless. I have one and it's fun, you're just envy... :colbert:
But that one is definitely not a good example.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Yes good points all around, you have changed my mind, this is totally awesome:

saturated fart
Dec 26, 2012

stratdax posted:

Yes good points all around, you have changed my mind, this is totally awesome:

Stop trolling me.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I apologize. Is this your fretless guitar? Because it's totally hot.

Ghostsauce
Jun 4, 2005

scared you didnt i lmbo
edit

Ghostsauce fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 4, 2017

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

stratdax posted:

I apologize. Is this your fretless guitar? Because it's totally hot.

um, trying to figure out which state or country that is...

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

um, trying to figure out which state or country that is...

Purple is a good colour. This shape is a good shape.
Decisions somebody, somewhere has made.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

ashgromnies posted:

Isn't it usually just the last 4 or so frets?

What is the point of scalloping though, for real.

The reason for a scalloped fretboard is to give you the feel of ultra-high action. You also can do pretty much anything you want with each note because there isn't any friction from your fingers touching wood. They don't actually feel much different from regular guitars but some idiots pick them up and try to push strings beyond the frets and claim it's "hard to play"

saturated fart
Dec 26, 2012
Not all of them look stupid.

But this is the ugly guitars thread after all...

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

stratdax posted:

Purple is a good colour. This shape is a good shape.
Decisions somebody, somewhere has made.

It's an 'ergonomic' design, looks dopey as hell but it's really nice to play, I can't remember who makes them now but it's nearly impossible to find an original model without dents from falling off guitar stands.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

White Dog Eggs posted:

It's an 'ergonomic' design, looks dopey as hell but it's really nice to play, I can't remember who makes them now but it's nearly impossible to find an original model without dents from falling off guitar stands.

Mother of god. Here's an acoustic guitar by the same ergonomic genius that churned out those electric abominations. Aesthetics ain't Klein's strong suit.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I actually like these

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I found this picture in a thread called "Coolest F-Hole?" just for you, ZombieParts

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

stratdax posted:

I found this picture in a thread called "Coolest F-Hole?" just for you, ZombieParts

don't tempt me fuckers..i'll wreck your f holes

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

ugggh do it yeaaaah

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

I love that video

"This is one of the first ten stratocasters ever made.." *throws guitar back into the pile of other guitars because who loving cares.*

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

ZombieParts posted:

i bet he does that when he fingerbangs

look at those fingers

thats his fingerbang face

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

ZombieParts posted:

i hope 2 1 day be as cool as him . . .

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

stratdax posted:

bass dicks?

yours for only the price of a used car!

http://www.steviebs.com/florida/jf.htm

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

yes i fuckin love that video

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

ZombieParts posted:

What about this?

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

ZombieParts posted:

The reason for a scalloped fretboard is to give you the feel of ultra-high action. You also can do pretty much anything you want with each note because there isn't any friction from your fingers touching wood. They don't actually feel much different from regular guitars but some idiots pick them up and try to push strings beyond the frets and claim it's "hard to play"

but playing with ultra high action feels like poo poo why would you want that

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Playing guitar gets me ultra high action all the time. Feels good man.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

stratdax posted:

Oh cool, you found a picture of me

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Ugly or not, I kinda want this guitar.

Dec 26, 2012

stratdax posted:

guy owns

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
i didn't wanna read a lotta dr. faustus did anything better/worse than the surfatar come along?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ashgromnies posted:

but playing with ultra high action feels like poo poo why would you want that

the only real advantage would be almost no friction when you do vibrato. otherwise you just bought one because it looks cool or seemed like a novel idea. just like any guitar weirdness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

December Octopodes posted:

i didn't wanna read a lotta dr. faustus did anything better/worse than the surfatar come along?

This is the last time I'm going to post this, I swear.

Edit: :toxx: If I ever post this picture in here again, ban my rear end

• Locked thread