Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also Inside Russia's Prisons is craaaazy, and pretty short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Crow Jane posted:

Also, they just added Some Like it Hot and The Apartment, which are seriously awesome, fun classics that everyone should watch if they haven't already

Total nerd chat: I was just browsing the Yuletide 2013 submissions and found Daphne/Osgood slash.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

quick question for americans: do you have ice bon bons over there

do you know what ice bon bons are

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It's impossible not to be in a good mood after watching Some Like it Hot. Even Daphne/Osgood slash would make me smile, if only because it made me think about the movie

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

t_violet posted:

Total nerd chat: I was just browsing the Yuletide 2013 submissions and found Daphne/Osgood slash.

that's like... totally fair though

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
whatever, buy some fetal skulls on ebay for me pleaaaase everybody

pleaaaseeeeeeee

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

The Brown Menace posted:

quick question for americans: do you have ice bon bons over there

do you know what ice bon bons are

Are they chocolate covered icecream?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Wildlife Analysis posted:

Are they chocolate covered icecream?

not at all

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

that's like... totally fair though

Well yeah, obviously there would be. Just imagine the horrible treatment the writer or artist gave them, though

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

i have no idea then, all i know is that bon bons are chocolate covered candies

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I actually watched Happy People last night, so I'll check out Some Like It Hot tonight! Did you guys see the photo of John Stamos and Bob Saget reenacting it?

For people who like proper suits, let me recommend Suits the series (on amazon prime). It's obviously fake enough to be fun, but it's pretty compelling. Also, eye candy.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Wildlife Analysis posted:

i have no idea then, all i know is that bon bons are chocolate covered candies

its mint and sometimes eucalyptus-flavored candies coated in powdered sugar, they taste hells good and make your beath smell good

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I really like fruit pastilles, are they kind of like that?

Also, enjoy the movie, Anne. You're in for a treat

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Yes, I have definitely devoured fruity versions of those

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Crow Jane posted:

It's impossible not to be in a good mood after watching Some Like it Hot. Even Daphne/Osgood slash would make me smile, if only because it made me think about the movie

It was actually a sweet and a non explicit look at gender roles; it wouldn't have occurred to me to wonder what happens next.

Anne Whateley posted:

I actually watched Happy People last night, so I'll check out Some Like It Hot tonight! Did you guys see the photo of John Stamos and Bob Saget reenacting it?

For people who like proper suits, let me recommend Suits the series (on amazon prime). It's obviously fake enough to be fun, but it's pretty compelling. Also, eye candy.

That's pretty much the whole reason I loved Inception, all the pretty men in suits.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Crow Jane posted:

Yes, I have definitely devoured fruity versions of those

they usually come in tutti frutti, dedicated cola/lemon and ice flavors

needless to say, the ice flavor reigns supreme

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

oh yeah, my grandparentts had a lot ofthose. they'd leave tins out on the cofffee table, as offerings to their ancestors i guess? i had no idea what they were andd never saw them eat them

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Jesus, I liked period cup chat better than the last 5 pages.

severina posted:

This is the one reason why I hate preschooler playgroups here in Utah. 90% of the women are Mormon and most of them will immediately spot the heathen in the group and not talk to you. I've met some extremely wonderful and reasonable women at those playgroups, and we've formed friendships outside of the groups, but the majority of the women at the ones I've been to make me feel stabby, especially when they outright tell their kids not to play with yours due to the fact that we don't believe in god.

What up nonmormon in Utah buddy. That bullshit got so bad my sister transfered her kid to the school near my house to avoid those racist stepford wives in Syracuse. I don't know if it is a class thing but my working class neighborhood doesn't have 1/10th of the busybody nosey drama that my sister has to deal with in her upscale McMansion hood.

with extra cheese
Oct 27, 2010
Happy People is an incredible documentary and I forced my entire family to watch it over the holidays and they loved it. I could watch that one dude make skis all day.

Speaking of documentaries on Netflix, if you haven't seen The Queen of Versailles, YOU MUST. The whole thing is just the most insane thing I've ever seen. Rich people, man.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

It is over forty degrees celcius here, too hot to do my tutorial questions, so I'm going to go buy sandals. I'd just buy cheap thongs, but they always give me toe blisters. :(

What sort of sandals are fashionable now? Last I checked it was all those gladiator type lace up ones, which seem a bit fiddly to me.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Schmetterling posted:

It is over forty degrees celcius here, too hot to do my tutorial questions, so I'm going to go buy sandals. I'd just buy cheap thongs, but they always give me toe blisters. :(

What sort of sandals are fashionable now? Last I checked it was all those gladiator type lace up ones, which seem a bit fiddly to me.

Don't be a slave to fashion. Just get yourself some crazy glue and scraps of whatever. Glue scraps to your feet, never worry about shoes again. Go hog wild.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Schmetterling posted:

Where are you in the world?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I am eating triscuits

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

I am eating triscuits

noooooooooooooooo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I am eating triscuits

wtf so am i

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and now i wish i was

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

I'm eating cheesy rice crackers.

They're not bad.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I had a few crackers earlier, they were fancy sesame things left over from New Year's, though

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Angela Christine posted:

Don't be a slave to fashion. Just get yourself some crazy glue and scraps of whatever. Glue scraps to your feet, never worry about shoes again. Go hog wild.

agreed, those things look like poo poo anyways.

find sandals that fit you and make you feel good when you put em on.

I am eating triscuits
munchin on carrots whaddup

also someone was dissin eyeshadow primer some pages ago and i am here to fuckin say: that poo poo rules, and keeps eye shadow in its place. i can sweat like a whore in church and it wont fold or budge

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Obligatory Toast posted:

also someone was dissin eyeshadow primer some pages ago and i am here to fuckin say: that poo poo rules, and keeps eye shadow in its place. i can sweat like a whore in church and it wont fold or budge

fo sho. Back when I was young and used to wear makeup all the time before I forgot everything I learned, I liked nude eye primer and wore it by itself like nude shadow.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Pick posted:

Where are you in the world?

Brisbane, Australia.

I intend to get something comfy, I just wanted to be forewarned if there would be only ridiculous shoes at the store. I don't think Crazy Glue exists in Aus - I could try Clag? But then my bf would probs eat some 'ironically'.

And what is a trisket? One and a half biscuits?

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

poopkitty posted:

fo sho. Back when I was young and used to wear makeup all the time before I forgot everything I learned, I liked nude eye primer and wore it by itself like nude shadow.

Sometimes I'll be stupid and fall asleep with my makeup on because I'm exhausted and I look loving horrible except my eyes because drat my eyes are still fabulous because of shadow primer.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The most perfect smokey eyes I've ever had have been from waking up after falling asleep with makeup on. I'm always a little upset to wash it off when that happens

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

300+ replies, skimmed, glad I missed it

I did laugh at the "my reg date is earlier so clearly I'm older and wiser than yall" though

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
Ugh, lets never do college chat again, it's hard enough making life decisions and dealing with your own second-guessing without having other people do it for you.

I'm going to watch that Herzog film now to appease the tiny libarts demon inside my chest that hungers for soft, academic cadence and the smell of old books.

e: i will name him maxwell

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Dice Dingus posted:

e: i will name him maxwell

Do not let him near the hammers.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Triscuits are little munchy savoury crackers.

I bought two of these matching lamps from the thrift store today for :10bux: and they are the most 70s thing. Fortunately my house has the most 70s wallpaper mural thing that I have been hating on for ages, but we are not allowed to change it because we are renting and the owners are inexplicably attached to it.

It kinda helps, but I think the whole room needs a reshuffle.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Shithouse Dave posted:

Triscuits are little munchy savoury crackers.

I bought two of these matching lamps from the thrift store today for :10bux: and they are the most 70s thing. Fortunately my house has the most 70s wallpaper mural thing that I have been hating on for ages, but we are not allowed to change it because we are renting and the owners are inexplicably attached to it.

It kinda helps, but I think the whole room needs a reshuffle.

I was going to make a joke about how your jungle wall was the most 70s thing there, then you beat me to it. :( It's kind of cool though, in a weird way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
70's can be okay as long as it's tempered with some contemporary decor and it isn't entirely made of brown.

Those makeup tutorials with the beardy guy are lovely and he's so cute, too! I didn't even know there was a difference between liquid foundation and concealer and... corrector, is that what he called it? The comments about it being like painting are spot on, so it's no surprise I'm intimidated by it - I've always been absolute trash at visual arts. :v:

P.S. gently caress you Pick for reminding me Gor exists.

• Locked thread