Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Thorn (August 9 and 12, 1983)

Nina's Adventures (December 5, 1993)

Lucky Cow (February 8, 2004)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mister Beeg posted:

Thorn (August 9 and 12, 1983)

What the gently caress is even happening in this strip?

Also, is one of those Chess Guys supposed to be Kasparov, given this strip's penchant for caricatures/inserts?

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
I don't know what Lio is up to. Cow tools stuff, maybe.

Red and Rover doesn't have a punchline, either.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

The Sphinxster posted:

Interesting. Do you mind if I ask where?

Salt Lake City.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Mister Beeg posted:

The titular character is a mole who goes on a spiritual journey for enlightenment.

Wait, that's supposed to be a mole?

(I actually really like that strip, it's pretty cute, thanks for posting it.)

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

The way the lines are drawn in the first panel, Thorn looks like she's facing forward above the waist and backward below the waist. Limber gal.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Where did Sally Forth go? :( It's my favourite.

I'd volunteer to post it but I am the king of being busy than reading 3 or 4 days of posts at a time.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Edit: I have found many Foxy Grandpas in color. This is going to be great.

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 4, 2014

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Well there's an adjective whose meaning has changed in the past century :haw:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This comic, it was made for me.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo posted:

Andertoons

'Bad to the epidermis'.
I think i'll use that term to describe guys who just get tattoos to try and look tough.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann

Pros and Cons

7lip posted:

I'd volunteer to post it but I am the king of being busy than reading 3 or 4 days of posts at a time.
Julet Esqu was posting it, but she went away for a couple weeks. Sally and Ted just went through the holidays is really all that happened.

That should catch you up.

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT
^^ I hate you.

(No I don't. I like Pros & Cons too much to hate you. I'm sorry.)

7lip posted:

Duplicates removed.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rosa goes so far as to wear delicious chocolate chip cookie earrings to direct Gunther's attention to her erogenous zones and he just doesn't get it. He really is the worst.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Hasn't this been going on for a year, or something?

Is there a self-respecting woman alive who would wait around that long for a guy to grow a spine? I'm genuinely curious.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

A girl who was judged to be the school's beauty queen no less.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

OK, quite aside from the fact that the whole plan (setting up a Facebook page for a company, getting lots of customers to Like it and then selling it) is incredibly dumb, and the fact that Dethany actually cares about this for some reason, if I understand this correctly then the company that they sold their page to is still going to run it as the official FastRack page? They didn't just buy it to get a page with a bunch of followers to use for their own marketing? And how would using Breech's Facebook page avoid the problem in any way? If the new owner would object to you starting a new FastRack page, wouldn't they object just as much to you turning an existing page into a new FastRack page?

Why am I trying to make sense of a Holbrook comic?

don Jaime posted:

I don't know what Liō is up to. Cow tools stuff, maybe.

The "joke" here is the same as in every other Liō strip. There's some sort of monstrous creature, but rather than being scared of it Liō is friends with it.

7lip posted:

You know you can read comics that aren't posted here, right?

BTW, ChickenOfTomorrow, I thought of some stuff you might want to add to the OP.

The Lovely Ladies of Apartment 3-G is a blog that comments on Apartment 3-G and is pretty funny.
Son of Stuck Funky is the same but for Funky Winkerbean.
Reynard Noir is a Slylock Fox parody in a noir style (unfortunately no longer updated).
Scott Meets Family Circus is a Family Circus parody (also no longer updated).
Luann DeGroot on Twitter. A parody account, definitely not Greg Evans.
The Garbage Ape on Twitter. The Twitter account of Heathcliff's garbage ape.
J Jonah Jameson on Twitter. Not specifically related to newspaper Spider-Man but a funny Twitter anyway.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Shugojin posted:

That was Woebin and he stopped because of depression.

Oh that's too bad. I tried searching for a collection of Pyton, and had little luck. Really dug that comic for the subtle snake humor.

Also, Gunther seems like a lousy date.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Clitch posted:

Hasn't this been going on for a year, or something?

Is there a self-respecting woman alive who would wait around that long for a guy to grow a spine? I'm genuinely curious.

Groan.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
At first I was excited to see there was a newspaper tie in to Bone (Which would have been brilliant as Bone is basically Newspaper Strip characters stumble into Lord of the Rings), but then I learned it was just merely a beta version of those characters.

What I am saying is ya'll should read Bone.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (January 7, 1967)

After being burned on the Great Pumpkin, she was always going to be a hard sell.

Funky Winkerbean

That's not a smirk. That's cigar mouth.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo finds corruption at the polls. (January 7, 1956)

Out Our Way (March 7-8, 1924)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh man, Foxy Grandpa looks like it's going to be amazing. I have nothing original to say about these Old Animal Comix.

Pooch Café

We were evicted from our hole in the ground. We had to go live in t'lake!

Ballard Street

I posited a theory a couple of threads ago that Ballard Street is actually an open fetish community and every strip could be taken as an example of foreplay. I have yet to be proven wrong.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Thank you Devi and Johnny Walker :)

Tiggum posted:

You know you can read comics that aren't posted here, right?

It isn't in my local paper, and driving to a different city every morning to see if their paper has it doesn't appeal to me; thanks for the suggestion though!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

7lip posted:

Thank you Devi and Johnny Walker :)

It isn't in my local paper, and driving to a different city every morning to see if their paper has it doesn't appeal to me; thanks for the suggestion though!

I think he meant you can read other comics that aren't carried in your paper via one of the several comics "aggregators" like gocomics.com.

Non Sequitur

Hey, it works.

Heavenly Nostrils

I like how Marigold appears almost apologetic about her inherent, and uncontrollable vainness. :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 1/4/2003

"Bespectacled slattern" by BrookeSpeak™ :words:

Zits

teen_appetites.png

Kevin & Kell

That doesn't even make sense. Herd Thinners wants to kill you because you, at one time in your past, guarded boulders? What?

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

That doesn't even make sense. Herd Thinners wants to kill you because you, at one time in your past, guarded boulders? What?

One of the downsides to drawing 3 different strips a day is you have to go with the first idea that comes to your head, whether or not it makes sense.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat finally updated!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Tiggum posted:

BTW, ChickenOfTomorrow, I thought of some stuff you might want to add to the OP.

TY, added to post #2 (the OP is way long now).

Mark Trail

No, Mark! The water has given you a criminal haircut! Whatever you do now will be monstrous and wrong!

Apartment 3G

Why is Tommie carrying around a picture of Harrods?

Juliet Jones

:drat:, that middle panel!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Is this Bloom County's all-purpose musical act housing?

Calvin And Hobbes

Badlands might be in re-runs, since it's referred to as having had a 12-year run in The Sun.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That's one foxy grandpa.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

It's the boulder company that wants to kill her, for some reason I'm sure we'll find out about in the next few strips. Note that Goon B used the word "oui" which means he's from Animal France or something, just like the poodle:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
*Cue the Star Trek fight music*

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

idonotlikepeas posted:

It's the boulder company that wants to kill her, for some reason I'm sure we'll find out about in the next few strips. Note that Goon B used the word "oui" which means he's from Animal France or something, just like the poodle:

Oh, I see now. I'd forgotten about the "oui". I think at the time, I thought it was Holbrook trying to make Herd Thinners assassins seem cheeky or something.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Blackjack is the best. :allears:

Dick Tracy

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I think Vintage Hi and Lois is on break for a while, and I have no intention of taking it up myself, but I have to share this.

Vintage Hi and Lois, 1956-07-09:

I'm liking Beatty's work on Rex Morgan so far. He's bringing real life and movement to the characters, which is something they badly needed. The commenters on Comics Kingdom disagree with me, which made me unblock Disqus in order to post a supportive comment, then re-block it so I never have to see the comments again. Oh, and the Rex Morgan font is Comiccraft.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

It's going about as well as the winking.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

:haw:

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

I won't be posting Marmaduke for awhile since I want to cut down on the number of comics I post.

The Phantom

Pickles

:barf:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Classic Prince Valiant

Holy poo poo.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

It's the dreaded armpit of death!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love how these Olde Timey comics always go out of their way to explain what's going on. The whole "plot" is in the title, then every character says what they're doing as they're doing it in drawn-out detail.

And I legit love the Old Crossing Watchman. He's like a cubicle worker who can take his cube home with him at night.

• Locked thread