Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Here's some classics:

quote:

This troper took a few levels when, after years of being a Woobie so pitiful Shinji would say what the heck is wrong with you, I had enough of a girl I liked always going for this tall, blond guy. When they were talking right in front of me in the street and holding arms and talking and all that, I said, "Shut. The. Hell. Up." The boy looks around and walks over, trying to look menacing. Martial arts studies come in. I take a punch to the forehead and then slide under and punch him in the stomach, he goes backwards and I land another one to his face. I then go berserk and full body tackle him. He managed to crawl away, and say, "That kid...is inhuman!"

I like to imagine this happened but the jock beat him up partway through and was given a Roman-style triumph for his efforts:

quote:

This Troper gave a very nasty one that was merged with a Hannibal Lecture to a bully Jerk Jock type. It can be summed up as, "I really do pity you. . .or at least I try to. . . . You are just an empty fool who tries to erase his fear that he might not get a football scholarship by bullying those lesser than him. I continue these "geeky" behaviors because they let me form at least a core of my personality. You. . .you have nothing any more other than to try to fill your empty core up with the fear of others while watching that perfect six pack decay from one too many beers." He cried and ran away, having been emotionally dissected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I like to imagine this happened but the jock beat him up partway through and was given a Roman-style triumph for his efforts:

quote:

This Troper gave a very nasty one that was merged with a Hannibal Lecture to a bully Jerk Jock type. It can be summed up as, "I really do pity you. . .or at least I try to. . . . You are just an empty fool who tries to erase his fear that he might not get a football scholarship by bullying those lesser than him. I continue these "geeky" behaviors because they let me form at least a core of my personality. You. . .you have nothing any more other than to try to fill your empty core up with the fear of others while watching that perfect six pack decay from one too many beers." He cried and ran away, having been emotionally dissected.

I'm pretty sure the jock stared at him in a dumbfounded manner for maybe a few seconds before knocking out his teeth.

Anyway if we're back to Troper Tales for a bit...

"Get dangerous, bitch!"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

quote:

This troper took a few levels when, after years of being a Woobie so pitiful Shinji would say what the heck is wrong with you, I had enough of a girl I liked always going for this tall, blond guy. When they were talking right in front of me in the street and holding arms and talking and all that, I said, "Shut. The. Hell. Up." The boy looks around and walks over, trying to look menacing. Martial arts studies come in. I take a punch to the forehead and then slide under and punch him in the stomach, he goes backwards and I land another one to his face. I then go berserk and full body tackle him. He managed to crawl away, and say, "That kid...is inhuman!"

This one is perennially my favourite because of this part right here:

quote:

When they were talking right in front of me in the street and holding arms and talking and all that, I said, "Shut. The. Hell. Up."

He's not even being bullied or anything in this instance, nothing of the sort. He's literally following a couple in public - stalking them, if you will - then yelling at them, followed by assaulting the guy.

So badass :allears:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

crowfeathers posted:

quote:

Arguably, this Troper is probably the youngest of which who suffers from this Trope. This is practically the invisible label that's under the invisible Berserk Button of this 13-year old kid. He broke 33 pencils in his life, and had a good friend break two of those pencils because they were too hard. He even yelled at someone because that guy was the third person who asked if he could be punched for the third time, with a teacher only a mile ahead!

What does this even mean? I've no clue how often I've read this nonsense, but what he was trying to say in this sentence is still inscrutable to me.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

What does this even mean? I've no clue how often I've read this nonsense, but what he was trying to say in this sentence is still inscrutable to me.
[/quote]

He thought he was badass for yelling at someone who joked about him being beaten up, apparently after school or on some kind of field trip.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I don't know, I think the absolute best Troper Tale is still

quote:

This troperrecently (A few weeks ago) got into a....little fight with his longtime nemesis, last day of (high)school, he may not be coming(droping out, my nemesis, not me) back, revenge bluh bluh merger childish things. He decides to come at me with a meter stick with a rather intimidating war cry. I merely tilt my head ever so slightly and plunk, it hits the wall behind my head, visibly dumbfounded he then attempts to slash me. Big mistake, my headphones got unplugged from my Ipod touch, and my favorite song was just beginning. Nightwish's song [[CrowningMusic/Template:Nightwish she is my sin]] and so begins my epic battle, he keeps slashing and lunging at me all while I dodge his blows and strokes. He attempts another headshot but I deftly grabbed it from him, he fell face first onto the floor, then I said one of my favorite BadassBoast badass boasts almost immediately afterword FinalFantasyVIIAdventChildren "On your knees...I want you to beg for forgiveness." my class's resident Video game gerd (Her own word she made, a combination of geek and nerd, she calls herself this all the time) said almost YELLING "Holy poo poo dude! That was awesome!" unfortunately his Girlfriend didnt think so, and tossed him the other meter stick and said "Kick that little snot into next year!"(Even though im taller then him he's like 5'4 im 5'7) and we exchanged blows which was eerily similar to aboved mentioned Final Fantasy movie, I then disarmed him and then said, "I hold no ill will, nor is this a personal matter, but thanks for the workout non-the less." He simply bowed his head in shame, his girlfriend having pure spasms of RAGE, chiding him that he couldn't beat a video game playing ultimate geek face(highly immature for a 16 year old girl I know), but I couldn't here them over the applause I was getting from the other geeks and my fellow peers, my teacher ( a substitute) woke up from her nap and simply said "what did I miss?" we all (except for my nemesis and his GF) begun laughing uncontrollably for a few minutes. I deadpanned afterwords "Nothing at all ma'am, just having some fun, listening to music, drawing, epic one sided battles..." She shrugged and went back to sleep.

Someone who literally thinks they live in an anime

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Metal Loaf posted:

"I yelled at someone who was the third person who was just asking to be punched(acting annoying in a way that could be said to be "begging for it"), even though there was a teacher not far away".

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Why do they always refer to themselves in the third person? It sure doesn't help with trying to make sense of that sentence.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The section of the site where these were originally posted wouldn't allow you to say "I did this" or "lame username did this" because it was supposed to be a generic thing. So if you wanted to talk about how you were the Cool Badass Trenchcoat Lander trope in real life, you had to say "this troper".

Then they decided it was a good idea to keep doing this when talking about themselves on their forums and poo poo like that so...

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

WickedHate posted:

"I yelled at someone who was the third person who was just asking to be punched(acting annoying in a way that could be said to be "begging for it"), even though there was a teacher not far away".

I thought it was the third person asking to punch the pencil-breaking kid. Which doesn't make sense, but makes about as much sense as anything else in Troper Tales.

Red Metal posted:

Why do they always refer to themselves in the third person? It sure doesn't help with trying to make sense of that sentence.

The wiki was supposed to avoid talking about themselves and personal anecdotes as that would shift the focus away from the media they were discussing, so they just used "This Troper" and the third person narrative to get around that :downs: a good example of Troper logic.

edit:^^^What he said

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

"Get dangerous, bitch!"
I'm pretty sure that I saw this person on another forum. She had an avatar of the "bend over" panel from this infamous VG Cats strip. :stare:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 2, 2014

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

I'm still not sure. Let me see if I can't make sense of its constituent parts. First:

quote:

He even yelled at someone because that guy was the third person who asked if he could be punched for the third time"

As far as I can see, this could mean two things: it could mean the guy asked Pencil Breaker if he could punch Pencil Breaker; or it could mean that the guy asked Pencil Breaker if he could be punched by Pencil Breaker.

Second:

quote:

with a teacher only a mile ahead!

Regardless of what the correct meaning of the first half of the sentence may be, I'm still at a bit of a loss for why this is relevant.

Whatever. I'm pretty sure this Troper Tale was written by the same guy who wrote that KIKEN story from a couple of threads back.

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009

I like how, even despite obviously fabricating every single word of that, he still manages to come off as an rear end in a top hat. I mean, normally one of the benefits of just flat-out making poo poo up is that you're able to make yourself sound like the good guy, the "hero" of your made up story. That guy couldn't even do that.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Oh, are we posting classic quotes again?

quote:

Wizards of Waverly Place is an Emmy Award-winning Disney Channel sitcom about three siblings growing up in New York and dealing with the typical problems all teenagers go through. The catch? They're wizards. ...Has extensive Character Sheet, Getting Crap Past The Radar, Fanfic Recommendation, and Your Mileage May Vary pages, and is the only show to have its own Incest Yay page.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Metal Loaf posted:

I think it was some kind of PE jogging session or something.

The troper in question was being insufferable, so three people asked if they could just punch him and shut him up. The teacher was supervising the students mile ahead. The Troper snapped and yelled at people, thus making him a badass. He probably broke a pencil afterwards in rage.

MinistryofLard fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jan 2, 2014

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

crowfeathers posted:

I don't know, I think the absolute best Troper Tale is still

Someone who literally thinks they live in an anime

That's my favourite one, too. It has everything in it.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Hammurabi posted:

I like how, even despite obviously fabricating every single word of that, he still manages to come off as an rear end in a top hat. I mean, normally one of the benefits of just flat-out making poo poo up is that you're able to make yourself sound like the good guy, the "hero" of your made up story. That guy couldn't even do that.

I think it's not that he failed at describing himself as the hero, it's that that's what he thinks being a hero entails.

It reminds me of a story I heard once that I've forgotten most of the details of, about a writer who was hired to write for a video game. He was shown a scene in which the player character callously murders someone and he asks the director if the scene is meant to cast doubt on the hero's goodness. The director responds, "no, it's just there to make the player feel like a badass." The writer is horrified.

That's Tropers.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

(Haha, looks like someone got mad at the idea that something might be wrong with a white "critic" seeing no racism in a movie that even Disney is ashamed of.)

Lame. If it's any consolation, I tend to enjoy reading the TV Tropes madness you dig up!

This isn't a classic or anything - and I may well have used it in the last thread - but I found it funny at least. I have this game for my DS. It's a children's game, but it's a fun little time-waster (one that starts to hurt my hand after ten minutes, but still).

Nightmare Fuel: Wario Ware posted:

One of Dr. Crygor's minigames in Touched involves you spinning a black hole so that it swallows stars and planets, including Earth.

:ghost: :spooky: Woooooo! :spooky: :ghost:

Also listed:

Nightmare Fuel: Wario Ware posted:

Ashley's after-boss-microgame-break after completing her stage shows her petting her stuffed bunny and asking you to do so. Doing so causes the bunnie's HEAD to fall off.

For goodness' sake, don't check those spoilers! You might need to pop into the scary Wikipedia article thread to cool off for a bit.

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Lame. If it's any consolation, I tend to enjoy reading the TV Tropes madness you dig up!

This isn't a classic or anything - and I may well have used it in the last thread - but I found it funny at least. I have this game for my DS. It's a children's game, but it's a fun little time-waster (one that starts to hurt my hand after ten minutes, but still).

:ghost: :spooky: Woooooo! :spooky: :ghost:

Also listed:

For goodness' sake, don't check those spoilers! You might need to pop into the scary Wikipedia article thread to cool off for a bit.

Where do Tropers find these obscure video games, cartoons, and TV shows? Is this a side effect of depending too much on the Internet or are there really Tropers in other countries?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

They have a lot of free time.

Plus WarioWare was a first-party Nintendo game, so of course nerds know about it. See, even I know about it. Thanks, Super Smash Brothers.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Penny Paper posted:

Where do Tropers find these obscure video games, cartoons, and TV shows? Is this a side effect of depending too much on the Internet or are there really Tropers in other countries?

Wario Ware isn't an obscure title. It's one of the mid-range Nintendo franchises that doesn't do amazingly but sells well enough to justify it continuing. It's also a pretty drat fun series if you want to just play silly 10 second games.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I'm pretty sure that I saw this person on another forum. She had an avatar of the "bend over" panel from this infamous VG Cats strip. :stare:

Man, I'm really glad I had grown out of VG Cats by that point in time. What the gently caress?

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

Testekill posted:

Wario Ware isn't an obscure title. It's one of the mid-range Nintendo franchises that doesn't do amazingly but sells well enough to justify it continuing. It's also a pretty drat fun series if you want to just play silly 10 second games.

Oh. I just asked because I never heard of it. I have heard of Wario, but I never heard of this game.

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

Well Manicured Man posted:

It reminds me of a story I heard once that I've forgotten most of the details of, about a writer who was hired to write for a video game. He was shown a scene in which the player character callously murders someone and he asks the director if the scene is meant to cast doubt on the hero's goodness. The director responds, "no, it's just there to make the player feel like a badass." The writer is horrified.

That's Tropers.

That was Enslaved and the guy advising was Alex Garland. It was made by a team of writers who went on to write a game where the hero aborts a demon baby with a sniper rifle.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Yeah Bro posted:

That was Enslaved and the guy advising was Alex Garland. It was made by a team of writers who went on to write a game where the hero aborts a demon baby with a sniper rifle.

Wait, what? How could they possibly have considered that a good idea for a video game?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Punting posted:

Wait, what? How could they possibly have considered that a good idea for a video game?

That's a scene from the Devil May Cry reboot, so I'm not convinced there was consideration.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Cleretic posted:

That's a scene from the Devil May Cry reboot, so I'm not convinced there was consideration.

...oh. That...that makes a lot more sense now.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Punting posted:

...oh. That...that makes a lot more sense now.

Have you ever seen Blade: Trinity? Blade gets rescued by Ryan Reynolds, who's wearing body armour with a "Hello, My Name is....gently caress YOU" sticker. His colleague preps for battle by making techno playlists on her iPod. Blade makes fun of them for not taking things seriously.

The new Devil May Cry seems to think "if Blade hates it, it MUST BE AWESOME"

It's really something of a masterpiece. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuW1Yfu4Enk&t=70s

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013

Yeah Bro posted:

Oh wow

quote:

We got to a section where Monkey was walking down a walkway, and he sees an escaping slave trying to pull himself up to the walkway. And instead of helping the guy up, Monkey kicked him in the face and sent him to his death. They thought that projected the idea that Monkey was a badass. Whereas, to me, it projected the idea that Monkey was a bit of a oval office.

I didn't know that the term 'badass' meant psychopathy

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

goatse.cx posted:

If Ninja Theory weren't so great at creating some incredibly stunning visuals, they'd probably be one of the most painfully mediocre developers out there.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

goatse.cx posted:

Oh wow

Funny thing is, that might have actually improved the game. See, it's called 'Enslaved' because Monkey literally is enslaved for most of it by a restraint headband (because the whole thing's a reference to Journey To The West). In the original story, this is justified because Sun Wukong is a murderous, obscenely powerful demon with a dangerously short temper, meaning that some sort of control mechanism is absolutely necessary if the priest Tripitaka wants to last more than ten seconds in his supposed bodyguard's presence. In Enslaved, meanwhile, Monkey is moderately skilled and grouchy but basically decent, meaning that putting the headband on him is way less justified. This also robs the story of its thematic core - Journey to the West was an allegorical story of the path to enlightenment and redemption from evil (Tripitaka's job was both to retrieve the plot item and to convert his savage, demonic disciples to Buddhism along the way), whereas Enslaved doesn't really have a driving theme or message, and its lack thereof is pretty glaring.

To tie back to the thread topic, this is a major problem with troper fiction. It's built out of the shells of great works, borrowing their aesthetics, their surface details, and everything else about them that's 'cool' or 'badass' without for a moment considering what the original authors were trying to say about it all. It's like trying to build a person out of bits of dead people and then wondering why people avoid him as he sits in a corner and stinks to high heaven.

That's probably enough :goonsay: from me about lazy video-game writing and medieval Chinese literature, though.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Journey to the West is a lovely D&D campaign

TvTropes: Journey to the West posted:

God-Mode Sue: The first part of Sun Wukong's history basically has him running roughshod over both humans and deities before Buddha puts a stop to the madness and even after he is released he gets many a Curb-Stomp Battle before they reach their destination.

Munchkin: Sun Wukong's abilities are utterly over the top.
* Small list of examples: Flying on either a magical cloud or by turning somersaults that propel him several tens of thousands of miles with each turn, changing into 72 different shapes, being able to change his hairs into different shapes (such as dozens of miniature versions of himself to help fight), see through illusions of all sorts, Super Strength, can't die due to a mixture of having crossed himself out of the Book of the Dead and eating immortality substances before being baked in a divine furnace, and is able to see for miles.
** And then there are his abilities to see through illusions, disguises and transformations, manipulate the wind, part the waters, create barriers, summon gods, walk through fire unharmed, survive underwater, pass through metal and rock, walk on clouds, freeze any kind of creature, including demons and gods, or make them fall asleep, have horses listen to his every whim, learn new spells with just a few glances and the bare minimum of instruction and open any lock. Wukong also has great knowledge of medicine and his 72 transformations actually allow him to take the form of anyone and anything, including growing extra body parts and transforming other objects by spitting his blood on it. Wukong can go as far as turning objects into living beings and then using them as puppets (though they lack souls. Movement and speech needs to be programmed into them). Add in Wukong's indestructibility plus his ability to fly across the Earth with a single somersault and you've got the most bizarre/awesome set of powers in classic literature.

Purple Prose: It's not purple prose, it's friggin' purple poetry, but descriptive asides peppering the novel defy any other definition.
* It gets downright florid when they reach Thorn Ridge and Xuanzang takes part in essentially a freestyle poetry jam.

Side Quest: Take a drink every time Wukong and company get sidetracked because 1) Xuanzang got kidnapped and/or 2) the locals are being menaced by a demon.

Stupid Good: Xuanzang, SO very much. Every time a demon disguises itself as a human in peril, you can wager your donkey that Xuanzang will insist on helping said disguised demon. Despite knowing that demons can take human form, and that Wukong can see through their disguises, Xuanzang gladly ignores Wukong's advice because he's just that compassionate of a guy. Only once in the entire book, in one of the later chapters, does he consider that Wukong might be right... only to revert back to Stupid Good when the demon (disguised as a child) puts on the puppy dog eyes.

Analysis: Journey to the West posted:

We don't have an article named Analysis/JourneyToTheWest.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Testekill posted:

If Ninja Theory weren't so great at creating some incredibly stunning visuals, they'd probably be one of the most painfully mediocre developers out there.
That is an insult to mediocrity. I'm pretty sure mediocre developers have never turned one of the coolest female video game characters into a mewling, whimpering... whatever the hell it is they turned her into.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The Leper Colon V posted:

That is an insult to mediocrity. I'm pretty sure mediocre developers have never turned one of the coolest female video game characters into a mewling, whimpering... whatever the hell it is they turned her into.

Team Ninja made Other M and it was actually Yoshio Sakamoto that wrote those changes into her character.
Ninja Theory are the guys that hosed up Devil May Cry by not getting anything right about the tone or style of the series.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Penny Paper posted:

Reminds me of something I saw on TvTropes recently. Last week I watched a video talking about cartoon pilot episodes that never got off the ground. I found some really neat stuff, like Korgoth of Barbaria, a series a shorts where Teen Titans Go! came from, and The Modifyers.

So let's look them up on TvTropes, shall we?

Korgoth of Barbaria posted:

Funbag Airbag: One of the guys attacking Korgoth gets flung across the room, lands right in the barmaid's cleavage, and doesn't move for the rest of the fight.

Unless one counts what sure looks like vigorous motorboating in the process of screaming sympathetically for the aforementioned Giant Mook.

Male Gaze: Used as a gag when Hargon, a.k.a Hook Hand Guy, arrives at the inn with the rest of the mooks. The camera scans the room from his point of view, passing by a serving wench, then immediately pans back to focus on her rear end.

World of Buxom: All of the damsels who appear in the show are quite busty.

Okay, so it's stupid, but nothing out of the ordinary for a Conan the Barbarian parody.

The Modifyers posted:

Rule 34: Even a One Shot barely known cartoon isn't immune to this.

Adaptation Displacement: Many people have only heard of The Modifyers because it was adapted into a pornographic Fan Film.

How much do you want to bet that this is exactly how Tropers heard of this show in the first place?

CoolZidane
Jun 24, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

How much do you want to bet that this is exactly how Tropers heard of this show in the first place?

If it wasn't, they wouldn't feel the need to clarify it with "Many people have".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

CoolZidane posted:

If it wasn't, they wouldn't feel the need to clarify it with "Many people have".
I feel like this would have been a great opportunity to snarkily break out Wikipedia's clarifying questions about weasel words.

Adaptation Displacement: Many people[Who?] have only heard of The Modifyers because it was adapted into a pornographic Fan Film.

(Then again, that'd imply that Tropers could tell they're being made fun of.)

Edit for pseudo-content
There's a Square Enix JRPG coming out where some of the characters are young and dressed in very uncomfortably skimpy clothes, because :japan:, and it's being modified for US and European release. Mostly just turning the outfits from tissues-and-string underwear to regular underwear, and upping the characters' ages from 15 to 18.

Let's see what the internet has to say about this, shall we?

Comments in an Escapist article posted:

well, cultural differences aside, It Is CIearly Censorship to alter something that already exists because It makes certain groups of people uncomfortable. If it had been designed in the more • 'modest' way In the first place, you might have a point. But Since it was not , It is clearly A form of censorship. (even If it is perhaps self - imposed). -besides, What does 'normal' have to do with the issue in the first place. wanting to depict the bloody violence in a typical horror film IS not especially normal... But lf you choose not to for fear of what people will think of it, that is definitely a form of censorship. As is taking An Idea you already had and toning down what you think might be its more Objectionable content before showing it to others.
:reddit:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 4, 2014

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

The TV Tropes Ultimate Drinking Challenge posted:

Take a sip for every internal link you see. Yes, EVERY link, including the sidebar menu on the left and the Indexes at the bottom of the page. Afterwords, follow some of those links to their pages. Lather, rinse, repeat.
* For a ridiculous off-the-wall challenge, include red links and external links.
* If you are still conscious at this point, switch out the "sips" for "shots of brandy."

Add "alcohol" and "drinking games" to the list of things tropers don't understand.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Add "alcohol" and "drinking games" to the list of things tropers don't understand.

That isn't a drinking game, it's a suicide attempt with deniability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
That drinking game is pretty much the same problem tropers (and nerds in general) have with :regd08:. If it's funny, then surely just making it bigger will make it proportionately that much funnier right?

• Locked thread