Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

triple clutcher posted:

you're right, the stock wheels *are* a bit boring.

93 T stockers are badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

unquestionably the wrong thread.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Yeah I can't hate on that, it's well executed and the F&F nerd inside of me admires the effort.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Isn't it a photoshop? something about those graphics covering the black trim looks weird

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

Isn't it a photoshop? something about those graphics covering the black trim looks weird

Looks like it to me. Also, some of the black trim on the bottom of the car has a few gray-ish pixels that look like they didn't get edited out properly.

FWIW I used fotoforensics.com.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Dr.Smasher posted:

Veilside ruins everything it touches.

As much trash as they pump out, I just can't get myself not to like the widebody kit they make for the FD which was featured in Tokyo Drift. Not that it excuses them for everything else they put out, but I guess even a blind chicken gets seed if it pecks enough.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Bajaha posted:

As much trash as they pump out, I just can't get myself not to like the widebody kit they make for the FD which was featured in Tokyo Drift. Not that it excuses them for everything else they put out, but I guess even a blind chicken gets seed if it pecks enough.

That ruins my favorite design feature of the FD though, the Ford Taurus tail lights

Rob Ford
Aug 12, 2013

by XyloJW

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I wonder what that sounds like when it drives in reverse.

Like your avatar.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Bajaha posted:

That car looks absolutely awful.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Bajaha posted:

I know it's blasphemy, but I agree with you. I think that looks pretty badass, tho I do kinda prefer a stock FD. I would post pictures of the veilside mrs, but I'm on my phone and can't be bothered. I think the veilside widebody mrs is what Toyota should have made. Hell I even like the spoiler they use, and I hate spoilers normally.

ironblock
Aug 23, 2013

Screw practicality, best 1 mile commute ever.

As an FD owner, gently caress what they did to the rear hatch. You have little enough visibility as it is.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

ironblock posted:

As an FD owner, gently caress what they did to the rear hatch. You have little enough visibility as it is.

If you are the fastest thing on the road, then what is behind you is not important. I can't get over the taillights though....

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Craptacular posted:

Looks like it to me. Also, some of the black trim on the bottom of the car has a few gray-ish pixels that look like they didn't get edited out properly.

You guys are arguing over pixels when you should be looking at how the decal doesn't change shape over the black plastic trim piece that runs the length of the car.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Yeah I can't hate on that, it's well executed and the F&F nerd inside of me admires the effort.

I believe it is yeah... I actually thought it was real when I originally posted it, I thought the guy was saying "oh look I de-riced this MR2" but he was actually quite fond of his photoshop handiwork and wanted to actually go this direction with his car... He got bashed so badly that he took the picture down

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Radical.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Photoshop or not, it works in that early '90s Trapper Keeper sort of way.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Snowdens Secret posted:

Photoshop or not, it works in that early '90s Trapper Keeper sort of way.

Always worth bringing up

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Overnight parts... from Japan.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Craptacular posted:

The left arm doesn't have a cut line at the door.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

No one's mentioned the worst offense yet: They got rid of the pop-up headlights. t:mad:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Cool: Installing that body kit and fat rear tires to cope with a huge turbo up front

Not cool: Anything else.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fucknag posted:

No one's mentioned the worst offense yet: They got rid of the pop-up headlights. t:mad:

FDs made after 97 don't have pop-ups. It was made til like '01 in Japan.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Yeah they did - the shape of the bumper and indicators/park lamps changed but the pop-up headlights were retained

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Craptacular posted:

Both the green and gray colors look way too uniform across the car. Especially the green bit at the far rear end of the car, it even looks like it goes "off" the car itself.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Boomerjinks posted:

Always worth bringing up

Oh god, I can hear the loving promo for it right now. "And there's even room for a garden hose!"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

Oh god, I can hear the loving promo for it right now. "And there's even room for a garden hose!"

I would put a nozzle on it and wait for a tailgater to appear...

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1108136

Pictures inside.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take it for free too, romp the poo poo out of it for a while, then part it out, but drat! That thing is loving beat.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

How far can you break a jeep down, before it is no longer a jeep?

Pretty far apparently.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

kastein posted:

Pictures inside.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take it for free too, romp the poo poo out of it for a while, then part it out, but drat! That thing is loving beat.

I wouldn't drive it at all, the entire roll cage abortion looks rusted out.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

kastein posted:

Pictures inside.

I would drop it off at my local inspection station and just wait for the reaction.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I think that truck's structural integrity is unfavourably compared to a K'nex set stuck in a mud puddle.

I'm no cage expert either but that doglegged rear section is probably not a nice bend.

edit: oh my god the seat belt tensioner

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 5, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Is that the same guy we saw a similar "project" from a few weeks ago? The one with the overlapping trailing arm pieces or whatever.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
I just now noticed that the death cage doesn't have a member going diagonally behind the driver, across the vehicle's width :siren:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I got lost for 2 hours on a russian car website. all was not lost though.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Underneath all that: actually a Lada

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I like this, I'm sorry.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bajaha posted:

This car looks atrocious. Also, RX-7s look strange with fixed headlights usually, although I like the Super GT versions.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

2002, and it always had retractable headlights.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

animeliker posted:

2002, and it always had retractable headlights.

He was probably thinking of the NSX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

GutBomb posted:

That ruins my favorite design feature of the FD though, the Ford Taurus tail lights

Agreed, I remember when I first saw that kit I was kinda with it because the film was dark but then I saw a shot of the back of it. No.

I still to this day think that this version of the RX7 looks beautiful and current. The RX8 has dated badly a lot like the original Audi TT, they both look loving awful these days.

*edit: more photos

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jan 5, 2014