Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

seiferguy posted:

I will give you one of my serrations for free. I'd only rip off pubbies for serration (I haven't yet since the market is flooded with them anyways), not goons. Make sure you craft a clan key if you haven't already.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll be on later today, same name as here, BitBasher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Actually while I'm at it - is anyone actively inviting to the PS4 clan? Or maybe I just got skipped over - PSN is Platypus_Farm

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Platypus Farm posted:

Actually while I'm at it - is anyone actively inviting to the PS4 clan? Or maybe I just got skipped over - PSN is Platypus_Farm

I definitely invited you. I've been inviting everyone who's asked. If you dont have a pending invite, I'll send you one a little later.

E: oh yeah. There are like 15 goons have not accepted their invites. Accept and join us. We have a nice house.

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 4, 2014

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Doji Sekushi posted:

I definitely invited you. I've been inviting everyone who's asked. If you dont have a pending invite, I'll send you one a little later.

Oh, weird. Yeah, I never had one. I'll go make sure I didn't skip something real quick. Sorry for the trouble.

e: haha good god, I have no idea how they expect people to find that shield icon. Well anyway, thanks for the invite :)

Platypus Farm fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 4, 2014

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Bah, loving Stalker showed up in a Cicero defense. Didn't realize he was using Absorb until me and at least one other guy had pumped a fair amount into him, and right next to the injector.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

*zips up kb+m flamesuit* I enjoy playing this with a controller. Full stop.

That said, is there any reason why the game menus are only half functional with controllers? I assume it was properly implemented on PS4. Can't select planets, work with your inventory, etc with controller but can still move forward/back in menus.

One more question for PS4 users: does it map your controller differently to give you access to both sprint toggle AND roll? I love having roll available but holding down left stick to sprint in unacceptable.

What's your in-game name? I've got a set of items that will help with the early game.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Elysiume posted:

How does trading with people outside of your clan work?

Pubbies sell rare cards that not even the goon clan can spare for literally dimes, it's great.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

DelphiAegis posted:

Can't you just use your clan key to host the dojo, then invite someone to your squad and click play like using a regular key? or /invite from the dojo? I figured that was how all the pubbies were trading, anyway.

/invite from the dojo is how everyone does it.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I now have 65 hours logged into this game and I've been loving every minute of it. Figuring things out as I go has actually been part of the charm for me. "Shoot and stab the space mans and touch the shiny bits that fall out of things" was enough explanation to get me started.

Flipswitch posted:

I still have no idea why the Braton Mk1 even exists
Guess what, I ranked it up to 30 and even potatoed it before I even got myself a new primary. Why? Simply because I liked the sound and feel of it. And I say the Mk.I is the superior Braton, because with enough mods it does so much slashing damage it will regularly gib enemies to pieces. Grineer mooks just falling apart mid-run will always and forever be freaking hilarious.
I've mostly played either solo or with one buddy, so getting out-paced by some pro dudes with super gear hasn't been an issue. And on some of the few occasions when I have gone online, I've still managed to outdamage everyone else because pubbies are bad.

The first new thing I bought was the Aklato, because The Mk.I was serviceablbe enough but goddamn I needed a sidearm worth a spit and the Aklato inexplicably do twice as much damage per shot in comparison to the basic Lato. I've since upugraded to the Seer, which is pretty dope. Currently I'm building a Latron, because by the description it seems kinda analogous to the Mattock from Mass Effect 2 & 3, and that's one of my favourite videogame guns ever. Also I just have a boner for semiauto battle rifles in general.

What I'm trying to say here is gently caress trying to optimize everything, I'm doing whatever seems cool and having a loving blast.

P.S: Dethcube is bloody amazing. PFWEEEE!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nordick posted:

Currently I'm building a Latron, because by the description it seems kinda analogous to the Mattock from Mass Effect 2 & 3, and that's one of my favourite videogame guns ever. Also I just have a boner for semiauto battle rifles in general.

Sadly it doesn't feel very similar because it has a way lower fire rate and doesn't make an actual mattock noise (I'm not even sure what it's supposed to sound like).

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Ruddha posted:

If you aren't intentionally running up walls just to do cool shoot moves on enemies, jumping unnecessarily to do matrix styled bullet attacks, etc, you aren't playing the game the way it's meant to be played.

Also if you fire a Penta grenade at an enemy and then turn the other way, you can imagine yourself doing a cool anime superhero pose as you detonate it.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Forgot to mention one other awesome thing in my big rear end Rhino post: Because Iron Skin doesn't scale with shields, you retain full tanking ability if you get an ice level.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

ullerrm posted:

Forgot to mention one other awesome thing in my big rear end Rhino post: Because Iron Skin doesn't scale with shields, you retain full tanking ability if you get an ice level.
The same thing happens if you're using a Bleeding/Decaying Key in a vault run.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
What is the deal with the Banshee? I gave in and bought it because I'm loving sick of Derelict Defenses and I'm not totally sure how to get the most out of it yet. Any tips? Silence is exactly as useless as it seems, right?

Sonar seems like a pretty solid support tool, and Sound Quake is pretty impressive, even with just Stretch. I'm sure I'll figure it out after a day or two, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

As it stands, I think my favorite frame is a toss-up between the Nyx and the Vauban, with the Nova in a close second. I did a Cicero run with some of my clan-mates and I love how Chaos just trivializes most defensive missions. I still have a few basic frames left to get (Ash, Loki, and Frost), but it seems like every frame has its place. My least favorite so far is the Excal. I guess I just like more control-heavy frames.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Echophonic posted:

What is the deal with the Banshee? I gave in and bought it because I'm loving sick of Derelict Defenses and I'm not totally sure how to get the most out of it yet. Any tips? Silence is exactly as useless as it seems, right?

Silence is currently worthless. Sonar stacks with itself so you can potentially kill any enemy or boss with a single shot if you have enough energy and a strong weapon. Sound Quake is an okay AOE room clearer and should be used sparingly. Sonic boom is great for knocking enemies around and is everything that Valkyr's Paralysis should aspire to be.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Built my Ash and got him up to Rank 18 already, loving him though it's taking a little time to get used to not having crazy minute-long invisibility... still, now that I have his Smoke Screen maxed out it's a lot better. I find that I am using Blade Storm a ton, and I rarely have energy issues with just my almost maxed out Streamline card, so that's cool.

Also grabbed a Volt off the store, which gives me something else to level when I'm done with Ash... about to start building an Ignis, and my Vasto should be ready soon... is making a Bolto worth the effort? I still have my Lato kicking around just for that, but after maxing my Boltor and not liking it very much, I kind of have no interest in going the Akbolto route... how does it actually measure up? And should I bother going Dual Vastos, and if I do do I need to buy another Vasto Blueprint to make another one? It seems like my blueprints get used up every time I build something, which seems sort of retarded, particularly since money is my limiting factor lately.

I've got everything I need to build either a Rhino or a Trinity, haven't decided which to go for yet although now I have a bunch of more plat so I can probably just build both eventually... after that, I have no clue what frame to aim for, though after seeing Nova in action I really want one. Is the Synapse worth building? I actually have enough Mutagen Samples to build one, but with my Ignis in the works I kinda feel like I should probably worry more about finding a new melee weapon first. I maxed my Galatine and started leveling up the Gram I built a couple weeks ago (and oh god it's so painful to use after the glory that is the Galatine)... I already maxed Orthos, what's another relatively easily gained melee weapon that I can pop out and not want to kill myself while using? Was thinking about whipping up a dual sword setup for crazy button mashy killing, are the Dual Ether Swords or Dual Heats better? Or should I grab Dual Fangs? The short range seemed like a crappy proposition.

Also, what the hell is the point of the Dark Dagger, and why is it an Alert only drop? It seems godawful. I can build one, but... why?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Fuzz posted:

Also, what the hell is the point of the Dark Dagger, and why is it an Alert only drop? It seems godawful. I can build one, but... why?

With a small tad of : DE: and you answered your own question there.

There's an extreme amount of weapons that are poo poo, and half of them are the entirety of melee weapons.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Fuzz posted:

Also grabbed a Volt off the store, which gives me something else to level when I'm done with Ash... about to start building an Ignis, and my Vasto should be ready soon... is making a Bolto worth the effort? I still have my Lato kicking around just for that, but after maxing my Boltor and not liking it very much, I kind of have no interest in going the Akbolto route... how does it actually measure up? And should I bother going Dual Vastos, and if I do do I need to buy another Vasto Blueprint to make another one? It seems like my blueprints get used up every time I build something, which seems sort of retarded, particularly since money is my limiting factor lately.

I've got everything I need to build either a Rhino or a Trinity, haven't decided which to go for yet although now I have a bunch of more plat so I can probably just build both eventually... after that, I have no clue what frame to aim for, though after seeing Nova in action I really want one. Is the Synapse worth building? I actually have enough Mutagen Samples to build one, but with my Ignis in the works I kinda feel like I should probably worry more about finding a new melee weapon first. I maxed my Galatine and started leveling up the Gram I built a couple weeks ago (and oh god it's so painful to use after the glory that is the Galatine)... I already maxed Orthos, what's another relatively easily gained melee weapon that I can pop out and not want to kill myself while using? Was thinking about whipping up a dual sword setup for crazy button mashy killing, are the Dual Ether Swords or Dual Heats better? Or should I grab Dual Fangs? The short range seemed like a crappy proposition.

Bolto is outclassed by Vasto and Magnus. Akvasto is also superior to Akbolto. Bolto used to be pretty swell when it had armor piercing which is no longer the case with Damage 2.X. Bolto has pretty sweet sound though, that and pinning enemies to walls. Other than that, its non-hitscan can be a bit annoying.

Synapse can be the biggest single target DPS weapon. But it's short range.

Dual Ether and Dual Heatsword seems like a matter of preference. Heat sword types have a pretty nifty ground slam attack though, even the dagger version. Dual Fang is great if you like to see your dude slashing about like an epileptic. I have never used the Dark types but I can assume they're as underwhelming as the rest. If you're desperate for melee weapon, you could try the Obex or Kogake for a change of pace. And by that I mean kicking boxes like a boss.

da anime bulldog
Sep 14, 2004

My idea of helping people.
Hi everyone! I'd love an invite to the PS4 clan - PSN name is StickyLobster. I'm just starting so I'm kind of a doofus, but I learn quickly!

edit - what sentinel should i purchase? carrier seems like it can pick up stuff for me which sounds practical...

da anime bulldog fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 4, 2014

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
turned my Hate into a Gigantic Candy Cane with max charge speed/charge damage.

I can't take this game seriously anymore.

TIME TO TASTE THE CHEER

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Sonar seems like a pretty solid support tool, and Sound Quake is pretty impressive, even with just Stretch. I'm sure I'll figure it out after a day or two, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Banshee is Sonar, and Sonar is Banshee. Right out of the box Sonar gives a 500% damage multiplier that stacks with everything, making it the single most efficient and effective mod in the game for damage. It used to stack with itself, but it doesn't anymore. That's probably a side effect of damage 2.0, because it wasn't announced in any patch notes. The damage multiplier scales with power strength. You hit 650% damage by adding a maxed focus, and you can hit 1145% damage with a maxed focus and blind rage. Using blind rage is completely viable because Banshee has an efficiency hat.

One weird quirk of Sonar is that shields ignore the Sonar weak points. This wasn't a bug until damage 2.0 made normal weak points affect shields. You can get around this by modding your weapons to have pure toxin damage. The toxin damage will ignore shields and will be multiplied by Sonar.

Also, Sonic boom is probably the second best stun skill in the game. It's almost pull. It's shorter ranged and it doesn't go through walls, but it has a similar effect for the same cost.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

wid posted:

Bolto is outclassed by Vasto and Magnus. Akvasto is also superior to Akbolto. Bolto used to be pretty swell when it had armor piercing which is no longer the case with Damage 2.X. Bolto has pretty sweet sound though, that and pinning enemies to walls. Other than that, its non-hitscan can be a bit annoying.

Synapse can be the biggest single target DPS weapon. But it's short range.

Dual Ether and Dual Heatsword seems like a matter of preference. Heat sword types have a pretty nifty ground slam attack though, even the dagger version. Dual Fang is great if you like to see your dude slashing about like an epileptic. I have never used the Dark types but I can assume they're as underwhelming as the rest. If you're desperate for melee weapon, you could try the Obex or Kogake for a change of pace. And by that I mean kicking boxes like a boss.

I haven't heard the Magnus but Bolto's main advantage is that it sounds pretty good firing. Vastos are kind of underwhelming.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

da anime bulldog posted:

Hi everyone! I'd love an invite to the PS4 clan - PSN name is StickyLobster. I'm just starting so I'm kind of a doofus, but I learn quickly!

edit - what sentinel should i purchase? carrier seems like it can pick up stuff for me which sounds practical...

Carrier and nothing else. Seriously, Vacuum is the only useful thing Carriers can do.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Fuzz posted:

Carrier and nothing else. Seriously, Vacuum is the only useful thing Carriers can do.

Carrier has the shotgun sentinel weapon, which will rape and murder everything around you. I've potato'd that weapon and put the good shotgun mods on it including accelerated blast and blaze, but what most people DON'T put on it is shotgun spazz and ammo stock. Since they made sentinel weapons actually respond to +reloadspeed and +clip mods, the thing has become a serious powerhouse of utter annihilation.

Makes it hard to scan anything ever, though.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

For some reason it feels like Wyrm with the Warrior precept and the Sweeper is actually more aware of enemies that are about to eat my face than the original sentinel that weapon came on. Carrier has this tendency to sometimes just flatout ignore targets for some reason. Wyrm on the other hand just can't seem to tolerate anything that is alive and not a ninja.

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

Can I get a PS4 clan invite? Recently started playing this and I'm starting to like it a lot. Still learning though so I'm rough around the edges.

PSN: thebeaz

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mindblast posted:

For some reason it feels like Wyrm with the Warrior precept and the Sweeper is actually more aware of enemies that are about to eat my face than the original sentinel that weapon came on.
That's probably because they are. Warrior (and Swift Deth on Dethcube) have a much longer engagement range than Striker (30 meters max vs. 10). They're already shooting at stuff before it ever gets close.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Can I get a PC invite when someone gets a chance? IGN: dimixtape

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

DelphiAegis posted:

Carrier has the shotgun sentinel weapon, which will rape and murder everything around you. I've potato'd that weapon and put the good shotgun mods on it including accelerated blast and blaze, but what most people DON'T put on it is shotgun spazz and ammo stock. Since they made sentinel weapons actually respond to +reloadspeed and +clip mods, the thing has become a serious powerhouse of utter annihilation.

Makes it hard to scan anything ever, though.

It really is an amazing weapon to have watching your back, but it is a good idea to remove the attack precept from your Sentinel if you want to level up a melee weapon, he will seriously steal every single kill, leaving you swinging at air like a dumbass.

I should re-equip it whenever I go on a serious high level mission but I forget every time :shrug:

vvvv Those give you 500 affinity for your Warframe when completed.

Washin Tong fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 4, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
What are the point of these?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
They give you some XP (100?) for your warframe.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It's 500, but yeah. Vaguely nice when leveling a frame, but utterly ignorable otherwise.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I was under the impression those also gave you some Mastery for your account, so you get a little even if you're running all Rank 30 stuff.

Thanks for the input on the Banshee stuff! I figured Sonar was the winner out of that set, but I'm enjoying the others, except for silence, too.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Echophonic posted:

I was under the impression those also gave you some Mastery for your account, so you get a little even if you're running all Rank 30 stuff.

Thanks for the input on the Banshee stuff! I figured Sonar was the winner out of that set, but I'm enjoying the others, except for silence, too.

No, just a trivial amount of frame affinity.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Where's the best place to farm Orokin cells?

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
So, is it just me or is there no reason to use any melee weapon beside Gallatine (barring novelty)? That's kind of sad.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Golgozor posted:

So, is it just me or is there no reason to use any melee weapon beside Gallatine (barring novelty)? That's kind of sad.

The glaive is also good if you get the glaive-specific mods arguably better than the galatine in most circumstances.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
The Fragor still does decent damage at endgame levels.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Golgozor posted:

The dual axes are good for mobility I think. The Galatine is the only weapon I've actually used, though. Other than leveling random weapons because I made them so why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Golgozor posted:

The main reason to use any melee weapon is because it looks cool. ;p That said:

* Dual Zoren has mediocre damage, but vastly improves your mobility (zorencoptering).
* Glaive, and especially Glaive Prime, combines good damage with high utility (throws on charge attack), fantastic for soloing -- but requires lots of mods to maximize.
* Scindo has a huge knockdown radius on its jump attack, making it useful for frames that don't have an aoe cc move.
* Orthos is a heavy that you can use while running, as long as you only do 1-2 swings at a time. (Funky hit boxes tho.)