Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Ha, Wild Forest is actually a pretty fun zone. I got up to the Polymorph trap, tried to Magic Missile the ogres. Wild Surge turns it into Fear, Charname and Neera charge forward into the trap, rest of my party kills the ogres. Now the two of them are squirrels and all attempts to dispel it got me pockets full of berries. This is the kind of thing I find amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Question about Amn Hexxat quest: I just escaped the tomb with the panther claw item. But nothing has happened in the day of gametime since. The journal entry says acknowledges that I have the claw, but says "Hexxat wants to get back to Amn." Is something supposed to happen immediately after I return to the graveyard district that failed to trigger, or do I just need to wait at bit?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Smiling Knight posted:

Question about Amn Hexxat quest: I just escaped the tomb with the panther claw item. But nothing has happened in the day of gametime since. The journal entry says acknowledges that I have the claw, but says "Hexxat wants to get back to Amn." Is something supposed to happen immediately after I return to the graveyard district that failed to trigger, or do I just need to wait at bit?

Just wait.

L will get back to you in his sweet time.

Your next contact comes in a week's time, in Amn, at night.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Are the bonus merchants in BG2ee?
e: and does the tweak pack exp cap remover work in ee?

the fart question fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 4, 2014

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

gender illusionist posted:

Are the bonus merchants in BG2ee?
e: and does the tweak pack exp cap remover work in ee?

I don't know about the bonus merchants, but then xp cap remover works in EE. However if you level up too much and get to the point where you can get abilities. Most of them seem to be unusable or will crash the game.

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
I'm playing BG:EE, and it's my first time ever playing the game. I got to Beregost and suddenly Khalid had a conversation with Xzar and then killed him while I was chatting up an innkeeper with Imoen. Is this normal behavior? I can't find this interaction documented anywhere.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The ones that sell the Planescape items? Yeah, they're there.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

MTV Crib Death posted:

I'm playing BG:EE, and it's my first time ever playing the game. I got to Beregost and suddenly Khalid had a conversation with Xzar and then killed him while I was chatting up an innkeeper with Imoen. Is this normal behavior? I can't find this interaction documented anywhere.

Good and evil characters generally don't get along very well, and some combinations really don't (yes, it's normal behaviour).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Putting Zhentarim and Harpers in the same party is generally not a wise plan.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I am trying to get BGEE to run and it just crashes instantly. Steam version, tried reinstalling, tried manually running the redists and rebooting, I have no ideas other than this seems to be an utterly incompetent update because it doesn't even drop a log file anywhere when it crashes. Any thoughts?

e - Figured it out, game needs a DEP exception. Jesus gently caress that's atrocious for something released in 2012.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 4, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
So in the middle of chasing the Docks district murder, Dorn decided it was time to gently caress my male PC. Being a CN Fighter/Cleric and Dorn's good murderbro up until now I went along with it but like, I don't remember any lead up to this at all. I assume I did miss something?

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
When Skyrim came out there was an eBook floating around that collected all of the books in the game. Is there anything like that for the Baldur's Gates? I'd like to read the flavor text as I always skip it in game, but I'd rather not read them on my monitor.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

bunnielab posted:

So in the middle of chasing the Docks district murder, Dorn decided it was time to gently caress my male PC. Being a CN Fighter/Cleric and Dorn's good murderbro up until now I went along with it but like, I don't remember any lead up to this at all. I assume I did miss something?

Could you be a bit more specific? Are you talking about the part where he basically asks to WRASTLE and then says you're attractive? Because uh

That is the lead up. Dorn's a pretty straight forward guy. :shobon:

You either shoot him down or acknowledge it at that point.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Captain Oblivious posted:

Could you be a bit more specific? Are you talking about the part where he basically asks to WRASTLE and then says you're attractive? Because uh

That is the lead up. Dorn's a pretty straight forward guy. :shobon:

You either shoot him down or acknowledge it at that point.

Being gay seems so easy.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Neera ToB questions:

I ambushed the red wizards, got teleported, killed everyone there, then the arena guy said to leave the arena, I didn't see an exit so I pocket planed away and went after yaga shura's heart. Did I mess it up?

G Cyrus
Mar 27, 2010
Yes, you did. The exit was on the southwestern side of the arena (I admit it took me a while to find it). Not sure how you're supposed get back to Thay now, though. Hope you still have a save prior to that event.

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

bunnielab posted:

That is the exact same place he asked me for it, too :v: With the murderer in plain sight even!

vvvv What of it :colbert:

gdsfjkl fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 5, 2014

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

uwu culture posted:

That is the exact same place he asked me for it, too :v: With the murderer in plain sight even!

"Deathsatan" :what:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kuo-Toan bolts for Crossbows are so hilariously OP. I am just clowning the Fire Giants in ToB by freezing them in place then arrow/bolting/slinging them to death.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Welp just found the "hidden" Lich. Like, I knew there was one hidden in an inn but I swore I was about to jump some pirates.

I did manage to kill the bastard, but it was close to a wipe. I really need to look up the proper way to strip spell protections. I just spammed stuff till it worked.

Its a shame, but I have no one to really use Daystar. Gonna keep it on Dorn I guess until I need it. In other creepy Dorn news, he freaked out they we were not killing enough stuff so I had to attack him for a bit to calm him down. He is such a drama queen.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
so, not only did I screw up Neera's ToB quest (and missed most of her SoA content), I also messed up Hexxat's. I think I'm done.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

bunnielab posted:

Welp just found the "hidden" Lich. Like, I knew there was one hidden in an inn but I swore I was about to jump some pirates.

I did manage to kill the bastard, but it was close to a wipe. I really need to look up the proper way to strip spell protections. I just spammed stuff till it worked.

Its a shame, but I have no one to really use Daystar. Gonna keep it on Dorn I guess until I need it. In other creepy Dorn news, he freaked out they we were not killing enough stuff so I had to attack him for a bit to calm him down. He is such a drama queen.

Keep it equipped on someone for the Sunray use ability at least, quite handy against all the undead you'll find. Daystar's great because as soon as you get your freedom of the city you can pop and out to grab it and have an instant +4 weapon against most enemies.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Molybdenum posted:

so, not only did I screw up Neera's ToB quest (and missed most of her SoA content), I also messed up Hexxat's. I think I'm done.

For Neera's, just find the area code and warp yourself back there with the console.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Can someone explain to me why Jaheria has 24 HP at level 2? While my characther (fighter/mage) has a higher CON, he only has 16 HP at level 2.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

UberJumper posted:

Can someone explain to me why Jaheria has 24 HP at level 2? While my characther (fighter/mage) has a higher CON, he only has 16 HP at level 2.

Shes getting two loads of HP increases from each class level up I believe.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

2e. Fighters have d10 hit dice, druids and clerics get d8 (I think druids went d6 in 3E?), thieves and bards get d6, and mages / sorcerers get d4. Non-fighters top out at +2 con bonus per level and multiclasses get half their hit dice plus con bonus. So Jaheira gets... 8 HP per fighter level? and 6 per druid level. Whereas you'll get 9 per fighter level (if you've got 18) and 4 per mage level. So with each dual level, Jaheira gets 14 HP and you get 13, because mages are glass cannons.

At least I think that's how it works. It's probably more arcane than that, even.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 5, 2014

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

2e. Fighters have d10 hit dice, druids and clerics get d8 (I think druids went d6 in 3E?), thieves and bards get d6, and mages / sorcerers get d4. Non-fighters top out at +2 con bonus per level and multiclasses get half their hit dice plus con bonus. So Jaheira gets... 8 HP per fighter level? and 6 per druid level. Whereas you'll get 9 per fighter level (if you've got 18) and 4 per mage level. So with each dual level, Jaheira gets 14 HP and you get 13, because mages are glass cannons.

At least I think that's how it works. It's probably more arcane than that, even.

Close. Multiclasses in 2e get a fraction of their HP on level up from each class, and then add the most advantageous CON bonus they qualify for. In Jaheira's case, she gets 10/2 = 5 HP from Fighter, 8/2 = 4 HP from Druid, and +3 HP from her 17 CON (because she is part Fighter) for a total of 12 HP per level. A Fighter/Mage Multi gets only 2 HP from the Mage class and 5 from the Fighter for 7 HP (plus CON) per level.

So Jaheira's HP is correct for F2/D2. However, a F2/M2 with 18 CON should have 22 HP so I'm not certain what the problem is. Are you using Core rules for your level ups?

edit: Another possibility is that your character has achieved Level 2 in Fighter but not yet in Mage. In that case you would have 11 HP for Level 1 and +5 HP for leveling up in Fighter. When you get 2nd Level in Mage then you will get +2 HP and the CON bonus.

amanasleep fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 5, 2014

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

amanasleep posted:

Close. Multiclasses in 2e get a fraction of their HP on level up from each class, and then add the most advantageous CON bonus they qualify for. In Jaheira's case, she gets 10/2 = 5 HP from Fighter, 8/2 = 4 HP from Druid, and +3 HP from her 17 CON (because she is part Fighter) for a total of 12 HP per level. A Fighter/Mage Multi gets only 2 HP from the Mage class and 5 from the Fighter for 7 HP (plus CON) per level.

So Jaheira's HP is correct for F2/D2. However, a F2/M2 with 18 CON should have 22 HP so I'm not certain what the problem is. Are you using Core rules for your level ups?

edit: Another possibility is that your character has achieved Level 2 in Fighter but not yet in Mage. In that case you would have 11 HP for Level 1 and +5 HP for leveling up in Fighter. When you get 2nd Level in Mage then you will get +2 HP and the CON bonus.

I am using core rules for the difficulty setting, and i removed all the mods. Also i noticed that when Imomen leveled up she only gained +1HP, so she has 9HP now.

My PC is a level 2 fighter, and a level 2 mage. So he should have the bonus, i did however uninstall BG2 Tweak pack for the EE edition, could that have messed my save up?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Your HP gain per level is based on a die roll on core rules sans mods.

Some variation is expected.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
This game becomes comically easy with a melee-only party in later levels. The dragon in watcher's keep, Demogorgon, yaga shura, you name it, all die in less than 3 seconds with a party of Keldorn/Sarevok/Rashaad/main all who have greater whirlwind. I literally just equip boots of speed, turn on AI, and send my party blindly walking forward while any enemy that comes on screen melts before getting a shot off. Mages are for chumps.

Of course this would be different if Keldorn isn't in your party. You would actually need a mage if he wasn't. That guy is seriously OP.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I decided to give another go at planescape torment and that game is pretty alright. Been having a fun time wandering around with morte and dakkon. It can be hard to get into but pays off well once you get rolling.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Anybody got a quick walkthrough for where to add new character portraits to BG2:EE? I remember there was a folder you could drop the large/small version into a folder back on the cd installation but I can't find it on the steam version.

MUMMYMTN
May 22, 2003
In BG2, apart from a few timed quests and random chance of monster encounters, there's absolutely no penalty for resting, right? I could rest for days at a time in a dungeon with no drawbacks?

edit: Good lord, I forgot how many spells were in this game.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

MUMMYMTN posted:

In BG2, apart from a few timed quests and random chance of monster encounters, there's absolutely no penalty for resting, right? I could rest for days at a time in a dungeon with no drawbacks?

edit: Good lord, I forgot how many spells were in this game.
Days elapsed is a direct measurement at how good you are at the game, and thus life. And there's a bit of narrative dissonance if you go way overboard (although I just got back to ToB and they started writing in some of that stuff I guess after seeing how much people rest for maximum spells) But otherwise rest as much as you want.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Canopus250 posted:

Anybody got a quick walkthrough for where to add new character portraits to BG2:EE? I remember there was a folder you could drop the large/small version into a folder back on the cd installation but I can't find it on the steam version.

Assuming it's like BG1:EE it's somewhere like C:\Users\whatever\Documents\Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition just create a portrait folder there and drop all the pictures in there.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Yeah, you literally just add /portraits into the main directory and drop the files in there. Kind of a bitch to find stylistic matches though, since even between BG1 and BG2 they look pretty different.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Yeah I've got them working but even sized right they seem to look foggy or like its a lower resolution for some reason. Gonna putz for a while longer on it I guess.

Edit: Figured it out. The big splash one looks like crap but the icons are all good in game.

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 6, 2014

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

zedprime posted:

Days elapsed is a direct measurement at how good you are at the game, and thus life. And there's a bit of narrative dissonance if you go way overboard (although I just got back to ToB and they started writing in some of that stuff I guess after seeing how much people rest for maximum spells) But otherwise rest as much as you want.

Days elapsed is a measure of that one time you rested until healed when your cleric was dead and your party sat around for 4 months until the fighter felt he was well and truely ready to move into the next room.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I can't find Bjornin, i did his quest but he is just completely missing from the Jovial Juggler. Where did he go exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Doing Hexxat's quest, just cleared the fist level of that place you get zapped to and I am stuck. More specifically, I cant open the only door and don't know how to progress, anyone have an idea?