Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Donkay NOoo posted:

Old ones are OK, those are cute in a aww you're still chugging along kinda way

10 years is hardly old though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Not a recluse they can die I had a bad week in the summer when I found one on my toilet seat at 3am, then another, then another

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Wildlife Analysis posted:

sounds like my relationship with my dad. we've been on cool terms since my parents divorced after he cheated on my mom for 10 years and generally made life terrible for everyone.

i've resolved to be a better dad if i ever am one

that's what finally broke my parent's lovely marriage too, my dad found a new woman and felt safe enough to gently caress off. my parents' marriage died a couple of weeks after i was born for sad reasons and they never fixed it, and it took them eleven years and Much Struggle for dad to find a hardcore horrible person to shack up with for it to finally end.

the experience of my parents' marriage for me is basically to not have a child with anyone unless i've spent enough years with them to know that we'll be able to be together for another 20 years. if i don't find anyone like that, i'll adopt a child on my own if i have the resources to support them and i will not move in with a partner until my kid asks me to and gives me an unimpeachable reason to do so. i loving want kids so bad, but there is no way i'm going to have a kid just because i'm with someone and there's no way i will have a kid with someone if i have any doubts about their character. i'd probably rather raise my kid with my mum from the start than with a partner who wusses out anyway because we're weird best friends, though mum would be loving pissed off about having to look after a sprog so often

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

toe knee hand posted:

10 years is hardly old though

Don't worry it's also beat to poo poo by the weather and acorns and the like. It's not like I pull up to gas stations in some shiny model and throw them a $50 and say "keep the change wagemonkey."

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fruity Gordo posted:

i legit only do it because i stand to get a massive inheritance from these freaks and my mum and i are prolly gonna live together forever and that money will be great bc we can finally buy a property

i'm being a shitbag too but those mofos deserve it because omg they are bad. my dad isn't a bad person but he's a poisoned fuckwit surrounded by poisonous fuckwits

Why don't you bitch more?

edit: oh wait you did and I still don't give a poo poo. lol good going

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
The febreze hardly fazed the recluse I had to smash it with a can of Lysol

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Are any of the $50-ish tablets decent? I really want to play around with one again, but I don't know how much use it'll get.

Have any of you played Sleeping Dogs? I heard it was pretty good, and it's free on XBox Live this weekend

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

A Tin Of Beans posted:

oh god was that the one with the boyscouts

and the black dude had like a prehensile dick

that thread was something

Honestly all I remember for sure was her being called in to see her boss and he like felt her up through her pantyhose or something. And she was like a nympho that thought about cocks nonstop during her commute. I remember feeling like I needed a shower after because the descriptions were so drat gross (not the good kind of dirty). The prehensile dick sounds vaguely familiar though so I'm thinking it's the same one.

Honestly, for anyone surprised about romance novels you really just need to look around at the titles/cover art for some. It's always poo poo like "Ravished by a Saudi Oil Sheik" and an unconscious woman getting her clothes ripped off by some dude with a serious case of Rapeface that looks like :q:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my tablet is great and allows me to do art of boners

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Crow Jane posted:

Have any of you played Sleeping Dogs? I heard it was pretty good, and it's free on XBox Live this weekend

Sleeping Dogs is pretty good. I'm a bigger fan of Saints Row but it was a definite step up from GTA for me. The combat is more satisfying in general and the setting is pretty cool.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Crow Jane posted:

Are any of the $50-ish tablets decent? I really want to play around with one again, but I don't know how much use it'll get.

i have it on pc but i haven't finished it. the fighting is pretty fun but the driving physics are kinda weird.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

Why don't you bitch more?

edit: oh wait you did and I still don't give a poo poo. lol good going

thx for your opinion

Crow Jane posted:

the wacom bamboo tablets are not bad, I got one a couple years ago off amazon for $70 (as a replacement for my graphire that finally died) and it's still chugging along

probably not even close to the glory that is a cintiq but it's good for what it is

Portals fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 4, 2014

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

got a haircut and the stylist suuuper volumized my hair

lady did you not see how thick my hair already is

i basically look like a fluffy dog right now, i can't even fit through a doorway

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Swillkitsch posted:

got a haircut and the stylist suuuper volumized my hair

lady did you not see how thick my hair already is

i basically look like a fluffy dog right now, i can't even fit through a doorway

Yeah people see my hair when it's wet (so it curls) and they're like "Oh god I wish I had thick wavy hair." So obviously they have no idea what's it's like when the humidity is over .1% and I end up with a fuzzball that's a weird mix of straight sections and ringlets. Also when I sweat just a tiny bit in my sleep and wake up with hair that literally sticks out at a 90 degree angle from the side of my head.

Until I cut it short, it would pretty much eat most styling products/devices. :(

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

How often do you curly haired ladies shampoo?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I would be appalled at a stylist super volumizing my hair, we're not in the 80s anymore punk

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kimmalah posted:

Yeah people see my hair when it's wet (so it curls) and they're like "Oh god I wish I had thick wavy hair." So obviously they have no idea what's it's like when the humidity is over .1% and I end up with a fuzzball that's a weird mix of straight sections and ringlets. Also when I sweat just a tiny bit in my sleep and wake up with hair that literally sticks out at a 90 degree angle from the side of my head.

Until I cut it short, it would pretty much eat most styling products/devices. :(

What kind of shampoo do you use Kimmalah? I'm always on the look-out for products that'll reduce frizz, and reading your post was like looking into a lady-mirror of what my own hair does.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Donkay NOoo posted:

I would be appalled at a stylist super volumizing my hair, we're not in the 80s anymore punk

If a stylist super volumized my hair, I could probably join a freakshow.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Portals posted:

thx for your opinion
gently caress off, both posts basically said "I'm suffering from drama and have a huge inheritance to risk". Boo loving hoo.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

What kind of shampoo do you use Kimmalah? I'm always on the look-out for products that'll reduce frizz, and reading your post was like looking into a lady-mirror of what my own hair does.

Honestly the best shampoo I ever used was something like Sunsilk Thermashine (I think, it was a replacement for Thermasilk which was also good). They don't sell in the U.S. anymore I think, but you can order it by the case on Amazon. I really like Tresemme too, not sure what kind it is off the top of my head but it comes in a giant gently caress-off black bottle.

And for the other poster, I shampoo everyday. Which I know is supposed to be a big no-no but my hair turns into a frizzy nasty mess when exposed to a steamy shower without being washed. It's actually pretty manageable now that it's short unless it gets the slightest bit damp, in which case there's no telling what direction it may point in relation to my head.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Shampooing every day is reallly bad for curly hair. Try cutting back and using conditioner every day instead, you really won't regret it.

Also, argan oil, argan oil, argan oil

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
My hair is wavy when short and beyond that it gets pretty curly and poofy. Not a fan.

Big Beef City posted:

gently caress off, both posts basically said "I'm suffering from drama and have a huge inheritance to risk". Boo loving hoo.

I think you missed the memo, this thread is supposed to be a place to chill out.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

Shampooing every day is reallly bad for curly hair. Try cutting back and using conditioner every day instead, you really won't regret it.

Also, argan oil, argan oil, argan oil

Yes I will. I've tried and it just turns into an oily mess of itching/dandruff. Conditioning more than a few times a week also seriously gunks things up and makes it look like I never wash my hair at all.

My hair isn't really curly, it's like a weird mix of straight and curl. So it's straight and flat most of the time, frizzy when it comes into contact with heat/humidity. It's like having two different types of hair depending on the weather.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

:chillpill: sorry you're bitter about poo poo that doesn't affect you

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Portals posted:

:chillpill: sorry you're bitter about poo poo that doesn't affect you

this is a poster who has made other shitposts in this thread and has not contributed positively at all - go ahead and write off as a troll and ignore him :)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pro tip toe knee hand :)

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it's chill to be chill
except when it's chill
that's too chill

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I think romance novels aren't usually so rapey anymore. The old ones are crazy, though. Once I read one because the author had written other stuff I'd liked. The woman was being pursued by this super creepy guy, and I seriously thought that the hero was going to be someone who swooped in and saved her from the predator.

Nope he was the hero.

This was a book from the '80s iirc.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

AriadneThread posted:

it's chill to be chill
except when it's chill
that's too chill

Be chill, and also warm. We women are walking contradictions after all

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

My mom reads romance novels like crazy. I tried to read a few.

"No! Don't! Stop!"
"No! Don't! Stop!"
"No! Don't!Stop!"
"... No! Don't stop!"
"No, don't stop!"

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

They describe dicks as "members" or "manhood" a lot of the time, it's awful

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Anne Whateley posted:

I think romance novels aren't usually so rapey anymore. The old ones are crazy, though. Once I read one because the author had written other stuff I'd liked. The woman was being pursued by this super creepy guy, and I seriously thought that the hero was going to be someone who swooped in and saved her from the predator.

Nope he was the hero.

This was a book from the '80s iirc.

True, now we have emotionally and psychologically abusive romance novels like the Twilight saga. :swoon:

Crow Jane posted:

Um excuse me I am a LADY and words like penis or cock literally burn my woman-eyes. They also refer to vaginas with nebulous terms like "her sex."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

^^^^ and 50 Shades of Grey.

Crow Jane posted:

Thank you for reminding me of the best line in Game of Thrones "his manhood glistened wetly."

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

That's OUR word for them.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Sonrisa posted:

My mom reads romance novels like crazy. I tried to read a few.

"No! Don't! Stop!"
"No! Don't! Stop!"
"No! Don't!Stop!"
"... No! Don't stop!"
"No, don't stop!"

I like it when they try to type out groaning and stuff.

"UUUUUUUNGH!"
"Oh god yes, HHHHNNN!"

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Thank you for reminding me of the best line in Game of Thrones "his manhood glistened wetly."

loving :lol:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There's a close second where a woman refers to a dude's cum as "sticky princes."

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

mind the walrus posted:

"I have licked your heirs from my fingers and ate them all..."

or something like that. Jesus, those books.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

mind the walrus posted:

Pro tip toe knee hand :)

I initially read this as "pro tip toe, knee, hand"

I think I like it better that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

Which as I recall started out as a Twilight fanfic. :stonklol:

quote:

You include this but not Sam's "fat, pink mast?" Like the least sexy description of genitals ever (which I suppose fits Sam well).

• Locked thread