Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I think I won "right wing Facebook forward" bingo.

I feel like every time I read one of these, the voice in my head always sounds the same. It's always a high pitched older woman for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
I don't know - Jesus does belong in their private life so maybe they're right :v:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Which newspaper was it that he was reading if it had a full page US map with a picture of Jesus on the reverse side?

Anyway I'm assuming the map was the equivalent of

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

PUGGERNAUT posted:

My unabating faith in Poe's Law means I can't take this seriously.
We have:
  • jpg artifacts
  • redtext
  • all caps
  • inexplicable change of font at the bottom
  • hamfisted moral about God and Country
  • MSWord grammar and spelling highlighting
  • "worth sharing" tacked on to the end
  • picture of words
  • poorly photoshopped URL for a facebook group in white on black on the bottom

This is too much of a perfect storm to be believable. Someone's grandma is a goddamned evil genius.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

VOTECOAL

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders

PUGGERNAUT posted:

If you have only one chance to forward or post this year, make it count, make it this. Our country needs to hear this!:catdrugs: :pray:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I'm imagining someone who is about to lose their job and their home, the internet is about to be cut off. Before saying their goodbyes on Facebook, they are faced with the enormous pressure of choosing the most important Facebook status to share for the rest of the year.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Here's a made-up story. There don't you see that America is a Christian Nation? Jews and Muslims: get out.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I want to meet the people making these image macros. How are the MS Word grammar error lines appearing? Are they screenshotting their word documents?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

PUGGERNAUT posted:

The father sounds like an rear end in a top hat to me.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Dirty Job posted:

I want to meet the people making these image macros. How are the MS Word grammar error lines appearing? Are they screenshotting their word documents?
Yes that's literally what they're doing.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Dirty Job posted:

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yes that's literally what they're doing.

Or taking pictures of their monitors with their phones then uploading that
:ughh:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
A father wanted to read a magazine but was being bothered by his little girl.

She wanted to know what Iran looked like. Finally, he tore a sheet out of his new magazine on which was printed the map of the country. Tearing it into small pieces, he gave it to her and said, 'Go into the other room and see if you can put this together.'

After a few minutes, she returned and handed him the map, correctly fitted and taped together. The father was surprised and asked how she had finished so quickly.
'Oh,' she said, 'on the other side of the paper is a picture of Ali, praise be unto him. When I got all of Ali back where he belonged, then our country just came together.'

This one is worth sharing. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!

TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THE SUPERSTITIOUS ISLAMIC MENACE!!!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The Flour Moth
May 22, 2001

WHAT HATH PONIES WROUGHT

Ali's a pretty cool dude, he works at the iranian restaurant down the street. I'd praise that guy. How do you know him?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

The Flour Moth posted:

Ali's a pretty cool dude, he works at the iranian restaurant down the street. I'd praise that guy. How do you know him?

Jesus over at Filliberto's used to wash dishes there so Ali is pretty much a friend of a friend.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Conservatives identifying with the bad guys in film, episode MMXIV, courtesy of "Military Memes:"

Comments are predictably poo poo but this one in particular takes the cake:

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Just saw someone post the God's Not Dead trailer completely unironically.

PUGGERNAUT fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 1, 2014

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

E-Tank posted:

:what:

You're serious? He legit thinks that kids are 'mooching off their hard-working parents'? Umm....Hello? You're a *parent*. That means you take care of your kid. Its not mooching, it's just staying with them. Jesus christ.

It's like abortion- only mine is moral, the rest are just sluts who want to be irresponsible. Sure, my kid needed extra health care, but those others are just lazy sponges.

Augster posted:

Conservatives identifying with the bad guys in film, episode MMXIV, courtesy of "Military Memes:"

Comments are predictably poo poo but this one in particular takes the cake:

Hmm, how did the Empire's interactions with the sandpeople go... In trying to tamp down on an insurgency, kill numerous civilians, radicalizing an otherwise apolitical youth into joining a violent resistance movement that destroys a major power center of your government? You guys really didn't think this one through.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 4, 2014

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The USMC: As accurate as Stormtroopers :downsgun:

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Jurgan posted:

It's like abortion- only mine is moral, the rest are just sluts who want to be irresponsible. Sure, my kid needed extra health care, but those others are just lazy sponges.

Hmm, how did the Empire's interactions with the sandpeople go... In trying to tamp down on an insurgency, kill numerous civilians, radicalizing an otherwise apolitical youth into joining a violent resistance movement that destroys a major power center of your government? You guys really didn't think this one through.

I think this makes Khalid Sheik Mohammed Princess Leia.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:j: "Aren't you a little short for an American?"

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
LIBERAL LOGIC MEGA POST-POST-POST

Gays are gravity somehow!

Executive orders from a black man bad.

Muslims == Violent

Debt bad.

Canada bad, also black man bad.

Gun checks bad.

Straight up racist picture!

A excellent question!

Sluts bad!

Black man bad!

We Stand No longer stand with Boehner.

Enjoy this horrible post folks!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

ratbert90 posted:

A excellent question!

I am equally appalled at the zero times this has happened. Just as frightened that soon a gay man will ask me to marry him and I will be FORCED by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to suck his cock.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

ratbert90 posted:

Possibly the worst of the bunch.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ratbert90 posted:

The quote on this one was an anarchist meme long ago, aiming to point out that the results of a system do not justify the abuses carried out by it.

Then it became a libertarian meme, with exactly that picture, aiming to say that something something private enterprise will prevail.

All liberallogic have done is added their lovely watermark.

e: and they added "in this case we become slaves to the government" because the message isn't explicitly pointed out enough for LL's tastes. I'm surprised they didn't add "and a black man whips you" or something.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I honestly don't even understand the slave one. How are the questions the same? Whites are being forcibly taken from their homes to build roads with no pay?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Conservatism: Destroying all government

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Twelve by Pies posted:

I honestly don't even understand the slave one. How are the questions the same? Whites are being forcibly taken from their homes to build roads with no pay?
Originally: "Government and slavery both produce products people want, but they do so by creating poverty, abuse of rights, and a de facto aristocracy. We should focus on removing systems of abuse and inequality, rather than excusing them by the fruits of their rotten enterprises." :anarchists:

Then: "Cotton continued to be produced by glorious capitalism (and sharecropping under atrocious poverty but :ssh:) after slavery ended, so therefore the government is bad for restricting this, and roads would be constructed by private industry because Ayn Rand." :ancap:

Now: "Pee pee doo doo black man in the white house." :freep:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Knight posted:

I am equally appalled at the zero times this has happened. Just as frightened that soon a gay man will ask me to marry him and I will be FORCED by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to suck his cock.

Sssshhhh! That's Gay Agenda Stage 2! :a2m:

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Was the father reading Maps of America & Pictures of Jesus Monthly?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

bobservo posted:

Was the father reading Maps of America & Pictures of Jesus Monthly?

It's got America, it's got Jesus. What else would one need to read? :confused:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

ratbert90 posted:

Canada bad, also black man bad.

I agree with the author of this picture, we should increase government spending on infrastructure programs and raise taxes to fund it

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Riptor posted:

I agree with the author of this picture, we should increase government spending on infrastructure programs and raise taxes to fund it

Universal employment :getin:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

They're listing the top as a good thing right? Do they not realize these were all massive government expenditures paid for with taxes? If Obama came forward tomorrow and challenged America to overhaul our electrical grid, invest massive amounts of funds into repairing and updating our highway system and bridges, and install publicly managed fiber for Internet in all major cities available for $5 a month, would LL101 be on board with these things because America built them or against them because Obama wants them?

I mean I know the answer is the latter because that's how the healthcare thing already is, but c'mon LL101. Seriously?

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Plus, all those projects had rocky starts too. 112 people died during the construction of the Hoover Dam. That's 28 Benghazis! And if he is angry about Obama depending on foreign labor - Canadian, no less! - he should read about the use of Chinese workers in building the Transcontinental Railroad.

Edible Hat fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 4, 2014

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
The gravity one is especially ignorant.
http://youtu.be/5C5_dOEyAfk

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Armyman25 posted:

The gravity one is especially ignorant.
http://youtu.be/5C5_dOEyAfk
Sure, like you'd trust a government funded experiment on such a divisive issue.

Mo_Steel posted:

They're listing the top as a good thing right? Do they not realize these were all massive government expenditures paid for with taxes? If Obama came forward tomorrow and challenged America to overhaul our electrical grid, invest massive amounts of funds into repairing and updating our highway system and bridges, and install publicly managed fiber for Internet in all major cities available for $5 a month, would LL101 be on board with these things because America built them or against them because Obama wants them?

I mean I know the answer is the latter because that's how the healthcare thing already is, but c'mon LL101. Seriously?
The key difference is that all of those things happened in the past, and all but one of them began prior to the idealized version of the 1950s that they want to return to. Selective version of the past = good. Present = lovely.

Farrok
May 29, 2006

ratbert90 posted:

Gays are gravity somehow!

But...the acceleration due to gravity is already the same on all objects...

Edit: beaten with a great illustration of the point!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Farrok posted:

But...the acceleration due to gravity is already the same on all objects...

And gay men are already equally free to marry women.