Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

What the hell is going on with this mess?

Von Sloneker posted:

I think I might be veering off into madness from that first image so it's hard to say.

Welcome to Muirside
melcome to wuirside
ot comewel idesmuir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Perestroika posted:

In addition to that, many of the rules in Islam have exemptions for emergencies and special circumstances, similar to Judaism. For example, you're permitted to eat pork if the alternative was to starve, and people may break the fast during Ramadan if it would endanger them. I'd say that even the most fundamentalist muslim would consider "getting shot" to be a valid excuse.

Isn't it also a thing that Muslims can eat pork if not doing so would be impolite?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Calaveron posted:

Isn't it also a thing that Muslims can eat pork if not doing so would be impolite?

If you would die if you didn't, if it would be impolite, etc

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Climate scientist? More like stupid dumb idiot.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Damnit Snafutoons, Republicans are the ones who came up with "climate change" as the name for the thing!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Yeah see this guy? Don't commission him to draw things. gently caress this guy.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Climate scientist? More like stupid dumb idiot.

That institute really needs to hire a better graphic designer if the best they can come up with for their sign is plain Times New Roman* on a beige rectangle.

*Here comes a font nerd to tell me it's actually Venetian Old Style Serif Post-Gothic font or something...

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Wouldn't getting shot by a pork bullet reenforce to Allah that the person died at the hands of an infidel. Congratulations Islamic terrorist you get a fast track to heaven, since you just became a martyr?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wish people who write/think those things would step a LITTLE out of their comfort zone and actually talk to a Muslim even once.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mighty Stalker posted:

Welcome to Muirside
melcome to wuirside
ot comewel idesmuir

Brilliant :golfclap:

Before the soup gets cold, we must care harp on Benghazi. Before the knife gets rusty, we must harp on Benghazi.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

logger posted:

Wouldn't getting shot by a pork bullet reenforce to Allah that the person died at the hands of an infidel. Congratulations Islamic terrorist you get a fast track to heaven, since you just became a martyr?

Exactly people trying to find ways to ensure they go to hell for all eternity pretty much cements the things they thinks about us.

Mmann
Dec 1, 2007

Kyoon Was Right
12/21/12

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wish people who write/think those things would step a LITTLE out of their comfort zone and actually talk to a Muslim even once.

The worst part is that some, if not most, of them already have.
They just didn't notice because it was an actual human being and not this dumb, politoon, stereotype they've built up in their heads.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Meinberg posted:

Damnit Snafutoons, Republicans are the ones who came up with "climate change" as the name for the thing!

Frank Luntz? Never heard of him! Now, about them Death Taxes...

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Homophobia!

Gosse!

Goatse!

JaggerMcDagger fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 5, 2014

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I share your wish, although they'd have to meet one, which is easy to avoid in a segregated society, even more so in America's outsized suburban and rural areas.

What's more, talking wouldn't necessarily be enough; I've known plenty of folks who are racist as gently caress against Hispanic people despite being in daily contact with them. Or to go ad absurdum, I assume many slaveholders spoke to their slaves regularly.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
The back of that wagon is supposed to be an anus, right?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Last Buffalo posted:

The back of that wagon is supposed to be an anus, right?

Sometimes the back of a wagon is just the back of a wagon, dude.

But yes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Mighty Stalker posted:

Welcome to Muirside
melcome to wuirside
ot comewel idesmuir

I think I love you.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I've made a guess at what Gorrell is going to throw together for his angle on the myth of global warming. And I'm pretty sure I've put more effort into it than he will.

I was going to attempt to draw this as a parody of Glenn McCoy, but I'd have to clench the mouse between my buttcheeks to get his style right. And I'm sorry guys, but there's some things I'm not willing to do for the internet.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

TheDarkFlame posted:

I've made a guess at what Gorrell is going to throw together for his angle on the myth of global warming. And I'm pretty sure I've put more effort into it than he will.

I was going to attempt to draw this as a parody of Glenn McCoy, but I'd have to clench the mouse between my buttcheeks to get his style right. And I'm sorry guys, but there's some things I'm not willing to do for the internet.

I put in about the same exact amount of effort that Gorrell will:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Wax Dynasty posted:

That's nothing compared to some of the original plans:

Maybe I'm playing too much Kerbal, but is that a giant rocket on the left side? Mecca Space Center

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Goddamn it I agree with Plante

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

OAquinas posted:

Maybe I'm playing too much Kerbal, but is that a giant rocket on the left side? Mecca Space Center

Pretty certain it's that clock tower.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Goddamn it I agree with Plante

The "SUCK IT, SEC" attitude is a little silly seeing how the Big 12 champion got smoked by freaking Central Florida in the Fiesta.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Mighty Stalker posted:

Welcome to Muirside
melcome to wuirside
ot comewel idesmuir

This is what I come to this thread for. I love you.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Doc Hawkins posted:

I share your wish, although they'd have to meet one, which is easy to avoid in a segregated society, even more so in America's outsized suburban and rural areas.

What's more, talking wouldn't necessarily be enough; I've known plenty of folks who are racist as gently caress against Hispanic people despite being in daily contact with them. Or to go ad absurdum, I assume many slaveholders spoke to their slaves regularly.
Well, the difference there is whether you are introduced to them as an equal or not. Say, you're at a party and your friend says "here's a friend of mine from Lebanon" or whatever, one would hope that that would force you to look at them as a peer (because your mutual friend is there as well) and not as a lowly laborer like I assume racist whites see Hispanics.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
True, there is no unique ideas in this cartoon.

Uncle Sam wants you! :wink:

Talking penguins lecturing about reality.

At least this one is just a dumb "it's cold" joke.

Yeah, those duck guys really stuck it to A&E by continuing to make them millions in revenue.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Mighty Stalker posted:

Welcome to Muirside
melcome to wuirside
ot comewel idesmuir

I have no idea what this is but I love it all the same.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mighty Stalker posted:

Welcome to Muirside
melcome to wuirside
ot comewel idesmuir

...A...G..o..o..d...E..d..i..t...

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Mighty Stalker posted:

Welcome to Muirside
melcome to wuirside
ot comewel idesmuir

I don't know what it is, but this new Muir cartoon seems a lot more comprehensible than usual.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Internet Webguy posted:

Talking penguins lecturing about reality.

I was going back and looking for all the "hurr global warming boat? but ice????" cartoons and I noticed that every single one of them has the ship in the exact same orientation: 3/4 perspective, facing right. I know the left-to-right orientation of English writing affects how you'd want to compose an image, but there's plenty of cartoons with vehicles in them that don't have the exact same composition. Plante's wagon just a few posts up is a good example. Ramirez doesn't count because even though he has vehicles going every which way, his composition is utterly wretched and he does everything wrong.Also, for some reason the ship is surrounded my mountains.

Just thought that was a bit of laziness frosting on the cliché cake.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

A&E are letting the Duck Dynasty walk all over them despite their half-assed probationary period they gave the leader. A Good Cartoon.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Internet Webguy posted:

Yeah, those duck guys really stuck it to A&E by continuing to make them millions in revenue.

A&E just laid down and let the ducks walk all over them. Look, the guy does not look stressed out in the least.

Actually, he barely looks like he is even laying down... more like he was drawn standing and then rota... No, that would be lazy.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Abyssal Squid posted:

I was going back and looking for all the "hurr global warming boat? but ice????" cartoons and I noticed that every single one of them has the ship in the exact same orientation: 3/4 perspective, facing right. I know the left-to-right orientation of English writing affects how you'd want to compose an image, but there's plenty of cartoons with vehicles in them that don't have the exact same composition. Plante's wagon just a few posts up is a good example. Ramirez doesn't count because even though he has vehicles going every which way, his composition is utterly wretched and he does everything wrong.Also, for some reason the ship is surrounded my mountains.

I just assume they all used the same photograph used to illustrate the news story about that Russian research vessel stuck in the arctic ice.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Abyssal Squid posted:

If you've got them all collected into an album let me know, I was about to do the same thing but why reinvent the wheel etc

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Stultus Maximus posted:

If you've got them all collected into an album let me know, I was about to do the same thing but why reinvent the wheel etc

Well I had them in a chatlog which is close enough.

Randler posted:

I just assume they all used the same photograph used to illustrate the news story about that Russian research vessel stuck in the arctic ice.
Yeah, looking back on them that seems to be the case. The bulwark drops down in the same place in all of the drawings is the other big tell.

I didn't recognize that myself because I heard about it first on the radio, and when I started seeing all the "global warming? more like winter" cartoons I got confused because I thought there were tourists on the ship. I tried researching the ship more to find out the actual passenger manifest, and that got me stuff like a travel agency booking trips on the ship, with a picture of the ship at sea. That's the picture I see when I think about this ship (it's in profile going right, in liquid water).

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 5, 2014

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Mmann posted:

The best part of these plans is always the fundamental acceptance, as fact, that what the terrorist is doing WILL get them into heaven unless there is intervention.
The Quran is right, what the Muslim extremist is doing is right, and they will get into heaven -- unless we slather them in pork before the soul has a chance to escape the body.

Some people suggest it purely as a demotivator for the enemy troops but way too often people seem like they actually believe the metaphysics behind it.

It's like, I know trying to get these people to use logic is impossible, but by trying to sneak pork onto corpses and put pork into bullets to send Muslims to hell you're functionally admitting that Islam is the true religion. There's no other way to interpret it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

It's like, I know trying to get these people to use logic is impossible, but by trying to sneak pork onto corpses and put pork into bullets to send Muslims to hell you're functionally admitting that Islam is the true religion. There's no other way to interpret it.

They try to say it will deter other Muslims of you publicize it, but that's almost as dumb. It would threatening to sodomize a Christian's corpse so God would send them to hell for "lying with man".

• Locked thread