Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I think it was someone in this thread who was talking about watching Happy People: A Year in the Taiga.

I just watched it because of that and really enjoyed it, so thank you, mystery lady thread poster. I think another one was mentioned but now I can't remember what it was.

Though I did spend a lot of it wondering what all the women in the village do while all the menfolk are off hunting with their dogs. I know the focus was on the whole taiga thing, but two only ever appeared to kiss them goodbye and were never mentioned. I was curious what everyone in the village does all year. And the really old lady whose house burns down and is then whisked away in a helicopter - is she moving/being moved somewhere? Are her sons staying behind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Yeah, I'm taking it a day or hour at a time. It's for health reasons sadly, I like to smoke and fidget with my hands

i've recently started making gemstone worry beads for people, i can totes magotes make some for you to fidget with if you'd like and are interested in dumb new age gemstone metaphysics. shipping to the us should only be like $6 or so

e: like, for free, not so i can sell you some poo poo

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Speaking as someone who's with a guy who smokes, yes it can be. But then it is more about the person than the cigarette.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Kimmalah posted:

Speaking as someone who's with a guy who smokes, yes it can be. But then it is more about the person than the cigarette.

How can you kiss them? Just talking to someone who just smoked makes me want to gag because of their breath. I can't imagine actually letting them stick their tongue in m--- :barf:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Cigarettes after sex are the best thing. Seconded only by smoking after a movie or while drinking.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
maybe you should take up smoking and then you'll find it sexy sonrisa

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
tbf smoking weed after sex is the best because then you babble on about the sex you just had and giggle and either fall asleep or eat fatfood and attempt lazysex and then fall asleep

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

people that smoke cigs smell like poo poo 24 hours a day and don't even know it lol

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Sonrisa posted:

How can you kiss them? Just talking to someone who just smoked makes me want to gag because of their breath. I can't imagine actually letting them stick their tongue in m--- :barf:

It's not bad. Like I can taste that he smokes when I kiss him, but it just isn't very strong or noticeable. I've encountered non-smokers with far nastier breath from things like coffee, food or just not brushing well.

Since I don't smoke myself it's kind of had a Pavlovian effect, so I always think of him when I smell cigarette smoke. :3:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i prolly dont smell like poo i just smell like a mixture of cigarettes and perfume. apparently i smell the same as i did in high school according to someone who hadnt seen me for 6 years, which is a combination of cigarettes, maroussia and lavender

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Yeah, I've known plenty of people who consider the smell a turn-on. People who get all judge-y about smoking tend to be super lame to hang out with, anyway.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

Eh, to each their own. Enjoy your sexy emphysema.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
omg stale coffee-breath is the worst thing ever aaaaaaaa

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

remember how lame axe body spray is, it's like that only it actually kills you hahaha

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, I've known plenty of people who consider the smell a turn-on. People who get all judge-y about smoking tend to be super lame to hang out with, anyway.

Yeah, it actually smells really good mixed with him/whatever cologne he's wearing. I try not to be judgmental because he's an adult and I've got my own unhealthy habits too.

Fruity Gordo posted:

Very true! I love coffee, but I still have to brush my teeth as soon as possible once I'm done with it for the day. Can't stand the aftertaste in my own mouth. :v:

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

Fruity Gordo posted:

I always have gum. Lots and lots of gum on hand.

I'm addicted to Trident Layers. Nnnngh, that poo poo is good.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
You definitely smell like rear end. Sorry for judging.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

jokes are fine until it personally effects me, then you're just being super judgy and that's not kosher

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Smokers smell and taste horrible sorry about your slow suicide hobby, girls

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Crow Jane posted:

lol sparking up outside at a party in a circle of smokers and someone tells you its gross and to move away as if they dont have feet

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Eh, we're all gonna die eventually.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Fruity Gordo posted:

lol sparking up outside at a party and someone tells you its gross and to move away as if they dont have feet

*fake cough*

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

can't even tell how bad they stink b/c their senses are dulled to poo poo lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Smoking in public is like farting only it also slowly kills you inside (which is also funny)

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

can't even tell how bad they stink b/c their senses are dulled to poo poo lol

It seems to vary really. Like I've met smokers that smell horrible and some that just barely smell of smoke at all. And my senses aren't dulled or anything so I don't know what makes the difference.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

I always die a little inside when someone at a party asks to try some of my wine.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

nothing tastes as good as living my childish fantasy noir feels

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
otoh this derail started bc a lady said she wanted to quit smoking so maybe continuously talking about how rad/disgusting smoking is is probably an unwelcome distraction to said lady who would like to quit smoking and weenies who like to say how disgusting smoking is probably don't help either? i dunno

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I really can't stand being around smoking people. Even people who come back inside from a smoke break, I usually have to step away from them for a while.

Sorry if that makes me judgey. I just don't like standing next to stinky people.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

otoh this derail started bc a lady said she wanted to quit smoking so maybe continuously talking about how rad/disgusting smoking is is probably an unwelcome distraction to said lady who would like to quit smoking and weenies who like to say how disgusting smoking is probably don't help? i dunno

who cares

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Gosh you just can't help some people.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the #1 purpose of posting online is to help people -what idiots actually believe

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

obvi not you because youre so funny and tsundere

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

obvi not you because youre so funny and tsundere

lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it's already cold and it's going to get WAY colder here tonight/tomorrow so I wish I could talk to animals

because there's this loving squirrel I hate who is always on my loving porch being a loving douchebag seriously this squirrel is the worst but if I could talk to him I'd tell him that JUST this time I will let him in the house and I won't hurt him, I'll just let him come in and tide this thing over, maybe even eat some of the birdseed from my bag of birdseed. like I completely revile this loving squirrel but I don't want him dead, you know?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
how mysterious that an anime poster turns out to be a lovely person when 100% of anime posters are lovely people

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

my mother is a respiratory therapist
p sure she would double murder me if i ever smoked and she found out

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

how mysterious that an anime poster turns out to be a lovely person when 100% of anime posters are lovely people

lmfao

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

What did the squirrel do to make you hate him so much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Ever seen squirrels play with birds? That's some cute loving poo poo I tell you what.

• Locked thread