Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

No, just his knees. Not that it matters, since the Turtles haven't paid their dues so he won't put them over., even though he's just in it for the money.

Um... he wasn't talking about Nash.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

HorseRenoir posted:

I used to hate Bay's films but after watching Pain and Gain, I'm 100% convinced that he may be the greatest troll in the history of cinema.

I believe there's an entire thread over on CineD to that effect.

Here's a link. it's certainly interesting reading.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Yvonmukluk posted:

I believe there's an entire thread over on CineD to that effect.

Here's a link. it's certainly interesting reading.

Yeah, I had read that thread before the film came out and had similar suspicions. P&G was just the confirmation that yes, he knows exactly what he's doing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Uncle Phil died too, Will.

HorseRenoir posted:

I used to hate Bay's films but after watching Pain and Gain, I'm 100% convinced that he may be the greatest troll in the history of cinema.

I hope working with Whalberg again for Transformers 4 will make the movie the Pain & Gain in spirit but with alien dinosaur robots. It's apparently his last Transformers movie anyway, might as well go out big. Also Bay-hate is kinda funny when Christopher Nolan and Neil Blomkamp are his fanboys.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

:thejoke:

Though my memory of Avery is about equally Uncle Phil and Rhodey from the 90's Iron Man cartoon.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 5, 2014

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
I'm sorry to bother moviethread about this, but what's the deal with Rocket Raccoon, anyway? I haven't really.. read his comics. What's the explanation for a sapient anthropomorphic raccoon, anyhow?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

illrepute posted:

I'm sorry to bother moviethread about this, but what's the deal with Rocket Raccoon, anyway? I haven't really.. read his comics. What's the explanation for a sapient anthropomorphic raccoon, anyhow?

He's a genetically engineered raccoon that was amongst a whole bunch of modified animals and robots created to be caretakers/security at an insane asylum on a far distant planet.

Edit: the GoG appeared in a recent episode of the Ultimte Spider-Man cartoon where Rocket Raccoon's origin was "He's just an alien who happens to look like a raccoon" so maybe they're downplaying the space insane asylum angle now.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jan 5, 2014

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
None of that really matters though, because this is all you need to know about RR (I'm sorry, this was the best image I could find):

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
James Gunn tweeted this photo from the London GoG set last year:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

"Sure, animals can talk. You just have to listen." - B'dg, the squirrel Green Lantern. I kind of hope they play it like that.

"Really, mate? You never noticed another raccoon with a rifle!? Crikey."

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I hope rocket raccoon isn't CG at all. Just a normal raccoon in an outfit and peanut butter in it's mouth.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Well, he is. So deal.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I hope rocket raccoon isn't CG at all. Just a normal raccoon in an outfit and peanut butter in it's mouth.

I'm hoping at one point Starlord throws an obviously fake raccoon at Ronan who holds it against his face screaming.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He's a genetically engineered raccoon that was amongst a whole bunch of modified animals and robots created to be caretakers/security at an insane asylum on a far distant planet.

Edit: the GoG appeared in a recent episode of the Ultimte Spider-Man cartoon where Rocket Raccoon's origin was "He's just an alien who happens to look like a raccoon" so maybe they're downplaying the space insane asylum angle now.

Just an alien that looks like a raccoon but calls himself a raccoon anyway.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aphrodite posted:

Just an alien that looks like a raccoon but calls himself a raccoon anyway.

No he doesn't like it when you call him a raccoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYterM_wO4

:shrug:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
If you seek out this magazine you can probably find out all about Guardian's raccoon star:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

No he doesn't like it when you call him a raccoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYterM_wO4

:shrug:

He kind of sounds like Patton Oswalt doing a weird voice. What happened to Steve Blum?

I love the part where Gamora runs up to a group of literally immobile aliens. I only watched the first few episodes of this show, and I thought that even if it was bad, at least it looked incredible from an animation standpoint. I can certainly see this isn't the case anymore.

Edit: Wait, I knew I heard that voice before. That's totally Billy West. What the gently caress

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 5, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Hakkesshu posted:

He kind of sounds like Patton Oswalt doing a weird voice. What happened to Steve Blum?

I love the part where Gamora runs up to a group of literally immobile aliens. I only watched the first few episodes of this show, and I thought that even if it was bad, at least it looked incredible from an animation standpoint. I can certainly see this isn't the case anymore.
Also Deadpool is a teenager voiced by Ron Stoppable in this show :haw:

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
I really prefer the voice he had in Avengers EMH and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay1YAgp68qQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

achillesforever6 posted:

I really need to see season 2.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

achillesforever6 posted:

I like that you credit Will Friedle as Ron Stoppable instead of Terry McGuiness, what does that say about you?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

illrepute posted:

He was bitten by a radioactive human.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I know that it's been said before, but it will never cease to amaze me that somewhere, in some board meeting, Marvel execs were making decisions about what characters would do well as movies, and someone decided that Rocket Raccoon was who they wanted. Rocket Raccoon.

"Gentlemen, we have worked hard to create a shared universe with relatively grounded characters. What we need now is a bloodthirsty anthropomorphic raccoon. The world is ready."

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly excited for Guardians of the Galaxy, but I would never have believed it a couple years ago.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Is it any more believable that he'll be along side a talking tree who can only say three words?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Shawn posted:

I like that you credit Will Friedle as Ron Stoppable instead of Terry McGuiness, what does that say about you?
There should be a graphic novel with all Will Fridle voiced characters called the Leaguge of Extraordinary Eric Matthewses.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Shawn posted:

That I forgot Terry's last name, though Kim Possible did a Batman Beyond/Adam West Batman homage episode

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Steve Blum's Battle Royal.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

omg chael crash posted:

Steve Blum's Battle Royal.

A 5 hour animated movie featuring at least 10 Wolverines. I like the way you think.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

The Lord of Hats posted:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly excited for Guardians of the Galaxy, but I would never have believed it a couple years ago.

Years ago I never thought that Iron Man would be a more popular costume than spider man or batman.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Old Man Pants posted:

Years ago I never thought that Iron Man would be a more popular costume than spider man or batman.

Hell who ever thought Iron Man would beat Superman in box office gross? Marvel's proven anything is possible.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

i like tacos posted:

I really prefer the voice he had in Avengers EMH and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay1YAgp68qQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is the only correct voice for Rocket Raccoon :colbert:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Nodoze posted:

This is the only correct voice for Rocket Raccoon :colbert:

Jason Statham.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Sion posted:

Jason Statham.

Only if he was in a raccoon suit like Mario. I would pay $10 to see that on screen in a GoG movie.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Gatts posted:

Only if he was in a raccoon suit like Mario. I would pay $10 to see that on screen in a GoG movie.

well I was kind of going with 'voice actor' but, you know, if you wanna go all the way with it I'm cool with that too.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Daniel Craig.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

i like tacos posted:

Is that Saints Row 2 Brit Boss? :stare:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If Marvel insists on giving him an American accent, drat am I upset they didn't go with H. Jon Benjamin.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Cooper can probably do an accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I think there's a good chance they decided on a British accent

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112203

"Cockney" is already an urban thing so I don't know what he means by distinguishing "either cockney, or this other guy who's from the city a little bit"

Cooper is a Philly guy. It might be cool if he used like a comically thick Philly accent.

• Locked thread