Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Metal Loaf posted:

Here's what I was talking about :

I did check mine last night and it has the same problem. I also just bought mine last month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just take a belt sander to the other side.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Barristicide posted:

Hey, does anybody know what the deal is with Godland Celestial Edition Volume 1? It seems like its hard to find and pretty pricey. Was it a short print run? Volume 2 seems readily available, but I'd rather not buy it without Volume 1.

I'm guessing that it may have went out of print. I have both and the intro to Celestial Edition 2 basically said 'we were lucky to get this one, as the rest of the run probably won't be collected unless you go for the floppies.'

Barristicide
Sep 2, 2012

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I'm guessing that it may have went out of print. I have both and the intro to Celestial Edition 2 basically said 'we were lucky to get this one, as the rest of the run probably won't be collected unless you go for the floppies.'

Huh, crappy. I guess I'll haunt the interwebs looking for a not-too-outrageously priced Volume 1.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Barristicide posted:

Huh, crappy. I guess I'll haunt the interwebs looking for a not-too-outrageously priced Volume 1.

I hear you. I'm a bit sad Celestial Edition 3 didn't wrap up the entire series. Right now if you want the whole thing, you have both CEs, 'Far Beyond the Bang,' and then getting the last six floppies.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
It's been over a year since the last time I've taken stock, so I suppose it's about time I took another one!

larger image

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 16, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Just Offscreen posted:

It's been over a year since the last time I've taken stock, so I suppose it's about time I took another one!
Flight #8!!! :argh:

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
The side cover is off from the rest of them and it drives me crazy! If thats what you are referring to, that is.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I hear you. I'm a bit sad Celestial Edition 3 didn't wrap up the entire series. Right now if you want the whole thing, you have both CEs, 'Far Beyond the Bang,' and then getting the last six floppies.

Sorry, seven floppies. I only found out that Godland Finale is being released soon. Maybe this will get Image to put out a Celestial Edition #3?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
According to this blog there is going to be an Infinity Gauntlet omnibus next year.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

According to this blog there is going to be an Infinity Gauntlet omnibus next year.

That's weird, it's already pretty thoroughly collected. Rebirth of Thanos/Thanos Quest/Infinity Gauntlet would still only be like 5-600 pages.

I guess the Marvel Two-in-One annual and some of the earlier Starlin stuff could be in there as well? Or maybe it's just Gauntlet/War/Crusade because no one would buy the other two otherwise.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Based on the page numbers for the trades, Gauntlet, War and Crusade have about 1, 100 pages between them. I guess they could stick Thanos Quest in at the start, maybe the first half-dozen issues of Warlock and Infinity Watch that went in between Gauntlet and War.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maybe it includes lovely tie-ins in other comics.

http://comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/23-reading-lists/21290-infinity-gauntlet-a-comprehensive-list

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I'm down for that, actually. Then I realized that I was thinking of Infinity War as being the really big crossover for that sort of stuff (Reed Richards' double getting the better of him, the epic of the Spidey Doppelganger and such). Still, could be worthwhile.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Nothing too fancy, but I just got my first custom books back from Herring and Robinson, and I'm really happy about how they turned out.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Welcome to the party, pal!

(they look awesome!)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 18, 2013

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I was given an Amazon gift card for my birthday the other day, so I've bought a whole bunch of TPBs; three X-Men ones ("Ghosts", "Mutant Massacre" and "Fall of the Mutants" Vol. 1 & 2) and a couple of Avengers ones ("Heart of Stone" and "The Once and Future Kang").

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Whoever did the cover/spine design for Flight volume 8 needs to be punched in the throat.

thecallahan
Nov 15, 2004

Since I was five Tara, all I've ever wanted was a Harley and cut.
So I'm thinking of pre-ordering that Uncanny X-Force omni that's coming out next year. I think I read an issue or two when it was first coming out but should I buy anything that ties into that before hand? And I mean that more along the lines of some really good stories leading up to it, I remember what the general gist of the book is (or at least how it started).

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

thecallahan posted:

So I'm thinking of pre-ordering that Uncanny X-Force omni that's coming out next year. I think I read an issue or two when it was first coming out but should I buy anything that ties into that before hand? And I mean that more along the lines of some really good stories leading up to it, I remember what the general gist of the book is (or at least how it started).

The main book that precedes it is Yost/Kyle/Crain's X-Force, which is a book that I like a lot despite being stupidly grimdark at times. You can skip everything involving Necrosha, but UXF directly follows the stuff with Angel/Apocalypse and (I think?) Second Coming.

It's also essentially a sequel to Age of Apocalypse, so familiarity with that helps a bit.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

All you really need to know about Age of Apocalypse is that everyone from that universe is kind of a dick. Beyond that, Deadpool straight up says that nobody cares about their stupid fake history or whatever and that's about it.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Anyone have the Rising Stars compendium? I'm putting together my own volume, and I was wondering what the placement for #0, #1/2 and Prelude are. #1/2 seems to be the first published, chronologically. #0 and Prelude take place before the main story, but were published after issue #8, I think...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
According to this article, the JSA omnibus will now include the five-issue James Robinson run which opened the series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Well it was kind of idiotic to exclude it.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

I am taking full credit for the correction.

Paypal donations are welcome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's listed as #1-25 in the new Previews which was printed 3 weeks ago.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yes, I ought to have mentioned, that source is several months old. I thought I'd post it because I'd previously had a right auld whinge about how silly it seemed to leave those issues out.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So this is happening:

A massive hardcover collecting every Sin City story.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
According to Amazon the DnA Guardians series is being recollected to capitalise on the release of the movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Loaf posted:

According to Amazon the DnA Guardians series is being recollected to capitalise on the release of the movie.

God drat it. I was expecting an omnibus.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

God drat it. I was expecting an omnibus.

I was as well. Does that mean two volumes? Kinda annoying.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

I was as well. Does that mean two volumes? Kinda annoying.

I bet this means no Nova Omni either.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

We are getting the Annihilation Omnibus (Of course I just bound it...) Maybe Marvel thought releasing too many cosmic omniboo would cause confusion and saturate the market or maybe they will come out in order? Annihilation, Nova, Annihilation Conquest, GoG though I thought Complete Collections generally followed omnibus...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

We are getting the Annihilation Omnibus (Of course I just bound it...) Maybe Marvel thought releasing too many cosmic omniboo would cause confusion and saturate the market or maybe they will come out in order? Annihilation, Nova, Annihilation Conquest, GoG though I thought Complete Collections generally followed omnibus...

The Ultimate Collections are almost always released after an OSHC or Omnibus sells out. Maybe since GotG is such a volatile property for them they will wait til the home video release for a Omni.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I'd assume that, particularly for a more unknown property, if your goal is to get increased exposure to non-readers (good luck) you have a lot better chance if the cost of entry is ~$20 instead of ~$65.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Dark Horse is wasting no time with the EC Archives license. Vault of Horror Vol. 3 is coming out next month, now listings for Weird Fantasy Vol. 1 (May 13) and Two-Fisted Tales Vol. 3 (Aug 12) are up on Amazon as well. Fantagraphics is also putting out a nice slipcase collection of their first four black and white EC books in April if that's your thing.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What do you guys think of the Sandman omnibuses? There are two volumes, and I've never read any Sandman aside from the first trade paperback. Do you guys think I should pick it up? It seems like a deal because it's only $90 per volume, and they're just smaller versions of the absolutes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Marvel has announced some of the next set of Epic Collection releases.

Would've preferred if "Assault On Olympus" (and "Under Siege") had been re-released as TPBs; I have the rest of Stern's run in that format.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Nice. Definitely getting that Fury Max OSHC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

I'm actually considering picking up that Wolverine & The X-Men Omni, but I don't know if it's even been good since I stopped reading it due to not really having the time. I ended up stopping right before the Hellfire Saga, but enjoyed what I read since I mostly read it since it was a bit more of a fun book and I enjoyed reading though it. But with the Remender UXF Omni coming in March and the fact that I still need to pay that off before it ships, I'm likely gonna end up skipping this one unless it got better and such.

Also just makes me wish they would have just made a Gillen Journey Into Mystery Omnibus so I can get all of it in Hardcover without having to pay an arm and a leg for just Vol. 1's HC. I've just personally always preferred Hardcovers to regular Paperbacks, but that's just a personal thing.