Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torka
Jan 5, 2008

more pics of ur cat please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Torka posted:

more pics of ur cat please

is this a serious request or a joke about me being off-topic i can't tell

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I never joke about cats

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Your cat looks so sooofftttttt. My cat is some kind of native domestic shorthair thing and I want him to be fluffy.

E: < that is not mine.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

it should be bannable to mention a cat you own without posting photos

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
okay

i adopted zack in november. he'd been at the pound for like six months despite being soft and fluffy and a lapcat. this is probably because racism (zack is black). at the pound he was called cosmo but i wanted to give him a hockey name because i love hockey so i decided to call him zack katsian (after zack kassian) because that is the worst name i could think of.

(i have posted some of these already in this thread and all of them in the yospos cat thread, sorry for repeats)

i missed focus on this one but i loving love it

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

he's so majestic :3:

black cats best cats

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Torka posted:

it should be bannable to mention a cat you own without posting photos

I will, I am at work and on a Win95 machine. Any requests? I'm not above dressing him for photo shoots.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I love his little kinky ruff hairs.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

poopkitty posted:

I love his little kinky ruff hairs.

and they're greyish too but based on his teeth the vet didn't think he's old (somewhere around 4).

black cats indeed best cats. sometimes if i don't have the overhead light on and it's dark out i'll look over to the corner of the couch and there's just, like, this ball of dark. that's zack. i call him my little ball of dark sometimes (again influenced by a hockey nickname "little ball of hate").

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

poopkitty posted:

I will, I am at work and on a Win95 machine. Any requests? I'm not above dressing him for photo shoots.

a teacosy on his head. bonus points if he looks unimpressed

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Torka posted:

he's so majestic :3:

black cats best cats

I know, he's so distinguished! I love black cats, but my current kitty is white with blue eyes for some reason. Dumb as hell too, but we love him. :3:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lookit dat fuckin cat

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
p.s. i am kinda questioning this thread's ladyness as everyone is asking about the cat and no one about the kickin' leather jacket

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

toe knee hand posted:

p.s. i am kinda questioning this thread's ladyness as everyone is asking about the cat and no one about the kickin' leather jacket

Jacket is nice, looks cozy. Does Zack like the jacket? If you get Zack a kitty friend you should name him Screech.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

poopkitty posted:

Jacket is nice, looks cozy. Does Zack like the jacket? If you get Zack a kitty friend you should name him Screech.

yes it's lined and a lot warmer than i expected and a great deal for real leather for $105. i've never had a leather jacket before though so i'm vaguely concerned about ruining it.

zack didn't like any of the other cats at the pound so i don't know if he'd like another cat and also i'm not allowed another cat per strata rules but i definitely think about it sometimes

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
They're generally more durable than they would seem. And a nice leather jacket is timeless.

Loner cats are the best cats. I miss my loner cat (pics of her when I get home from work, too.) I left her with my lonely BFF whom she loved when I moved because she is 16 and I didn't think she'd appreciate the travel. We got Ichiro about 18 months ago and I think he really needs a companion but Mr.Kitty says NO!

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
yea when i was growing up we generally got cats in pairs and they were friendlier with each other and less friendly with us. this cat is the friendliest lappiest one i've ever had and i think that's partially due to him being a loner cat.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The best summer food is apples made into cider.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The best summer food is apples made into cider.

Where I am from apples aren't ready til fall. Where are apples ready in summer?

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

poopkitty posted:

:ssh: it takes a while to make cider

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

poopkitty posted:

England. Although that's more a case of making cider all year round and drinking a lot of it during the summer because the English will drink anything with alcohol in it.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

toe knee hand posted:

:ssh: it takes a while to make cider

Well, yeah. But the local farm doesn't let you come pick them until fall.

Also, I was totally thinking of the cider I drank as a kid, not the Strongbow in my fridge right now.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Spiked apple cider is great. Doubly so if you warm it over the stove with cinnamon sticks

e: Yeah, when I think "cider" I think apple cider.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Cider is an alcoholic drink made from fermented apples. What the hell are the rest of you thinking of?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

toe knee hand posted:

Cider is an alcoholic drink made from fermented apples. What the hell are the rest of you thinking of?

Fresh pressed apples. Non-alcoholic. I'm from Massachusetts and until I hooked up with some Royal Marines/Navy, I had never tasted alcoholic cider.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

toe knee hand posted:

loving apple cider, the unfermented kind.

the kind that mixes just fine hot with a little bourbon and a cinnamon stick.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

toe knee hand posted:

"Apple cider" is a non-alcoholic beverage. When people mean the other cider, they usually call it "hard cider".

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Obligatory Toast posted:

loving apple cider, the unfermented kind.

the kind that mixes just fine hot with a little bourbon and a cinnamon stick.

is this like something you buy in the supermarket like fake (non-alcoholic) eggnog or what?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

toe knee hand posted:

They're probably talking about the non-alcoholic stuff that's also called apple cider. Generally in the U.S. if you say "cider" that's what you mean.

Alcoholic is "hard cider."

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Wildlife Analysis posted:

"Apple cider" is a non-alcoholic beverage. When people mean the other cider, they usually call it "hard cider".

only in your country buddy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If I meant good ol' American apple cider I would've said apple cider.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
We have an abomination here right now that is called "Angry Orchard" and it's awful stuff and all of my obtuse FB friends post it all the time like it's freaking Cristal and they're Fiddy.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

toe knee hand posted:

only in your country buddy

Yeah it's mainly a U.S. and Canada thing. It's basically just apple juice that hasn't been filtered as much so it still has some pulp and stuff. Sometimes you put spices in it and serve it warm in the fall/winter. It's kind of a seasonal drink.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

If I meant good ol' American apple cider I would've said apple cider.

Niners av threw me off. Murica.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

toe knee hand posted:

is this like something you buy in the supermarket like fake (non-alcoholic) eggnog or what?
yes but unlike the eggnog it rules just as hard as the alcoholic kind

moreso if you just dump some alcohol into it

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Kimmalah posted:

Yeah it's mainly a U.S. and Canada thing. It's basically just apple juice that hasn't been filtered as much so it still has some pulp and stuff. Sometimes you put spices in it and serve it warm in the fall/winter. It's kind of a seasonal drink.

i'm canadian and have never heard of apple cider as a non-alcoholic beverage although the most experience i've had with cider/apple cider (which are apparently different things or something) has been in the uk and belgium where it is decidely alcoholic

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

poopkitty posted:

Niners av threw me off. Murica.

I am Murican. I just did postgrad in England and cider is what you drink with a sausage sandwich outside in summer because no loving building in England has air conditioning and it gets drat hot in summer these days.

Cider and sausage sandwiches are one of the few English customs I actually approve of, incidentally.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

poopkitty posted:

We have an abomination here right now that is called "Angry Orchard" and it's awful stuff and all of my obtuse FB friends post it all the time like it's freaking Cristal and they're Fiddy.

the dry stuff isnt bad, but not great. but then my state as a fuckin bomb cider works where they sell the best kind of cider to get your rear end trashed on, so i know theres better out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

toe knee hand posted:

i'm canadian and have never heard of apple cider as a non-alcoholic beverage although the most experience i've had with cider/apple cider (which are apparently different things or something) has been in the uk and belgium where it is decidely alcoholic

Well I don't know maybe it's a regional thing, I was just going by the Wiki article that said it was known in Canada too. I'm just saying in the U.S. if you ask for apple cider you won't be getting something with alcohol in it.

• Locked thread