Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

i want 10 of these right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

Rob Ford posted:

BC Rich Virgin

Either guitar companies are a thousand times less self-aware than we already believe, or they're operating on a level we can't even begin to comprehend.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
gently caress yes ima be a thread king i dont give a gently caress

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Sorry, but I think this looks awesome.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

if the pick said "you suck" i would be sold

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

stratdax posted:

Another Ed Roman classic

wow, you know there must be people buying this poo poo. They wouldn't just keep making them

I want to meet the people that own these things

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

Iamthegibbons
Apr 9, 2009

man thats gross posted:

lol we need this

also ive been eyeing the gently caress out of the guitar on the left

im not usually one for figured anything but ive been looking for something in a humbucker and i own the guitar on the right and i loving love it sooooo

Activating sperg mode! I've got an LG Signature, great guitar! Such Godin peasants will never get approval from the King however.

Here's a guy who knows how to rock a classy guitar.

Iamthegibbons fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jan 6, 2014

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

this is a tromba marina. it is a medieval and renaissance era instrument. it's a big ugly box with one string. you can only play natural harmonics.

have fun!

rare photo of worthless tromba player

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

bunky posted:

if the pick said "you suck" i would be sold

i'll fix that tomorrow, gonna put in a bulk order of those picks

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Iamthegibbons posted:

Activating sperg mode! I've got an LG Signature, great guitar! Such Godin peasants will never get approval from the King however.

is that one of those midi ones they make?

Iamthegibbons
Apr 9, 2009

Bolek posted:

is that one of those midi ones they make?
Nope! I think it's pretty much the same specwise though. It was discontinued a while back.

On a related note, I think synth players are getting away with their crimes.

Iamthegibbons fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 6, 2014

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Shut up, japanu~~ princess. My guitars are gorgeous and you identify with ... whatever that Japanime crap is. I win by default.

u win by pure own

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
keytars are awesome

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

keytars are awesome

unless the player is keytarded :downs:

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Searched "OOAK Guitar" on eBay and found some gems.

Custom Burberry Tartan Fender Cyclone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-BURBERRY-One-Of-A-Kind-Fender-Cyclone-/331099605040?pt=Guitar&hash=item4d17130830

Here some guy bought an already hideous custom aluminum guitar:

Then he bolted on a bunch of Dr. Seussian Steampunk bullshit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Bailey-...=item19e6716f95

Buy it now for $4k!

Iamthegibbons
Apr 9, 2009
Is there anything steampunk that isn't automatically hideous? Here's a totally rocking guy with a sweet guitar.

Also, the USA is a pretty ugly shaped country. You guys need to get rid of Florida and New England.

gently caress gaudy inlay work.

Iamthegibbons fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 6, 2014

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

White Dog Eggs posted:

Nice! I always wanted to do something like this, but I can buy a nice piece of figured elm for the same price as an ikea chopping board so I've not bothered. Did you make the neck too?

nah I took the neck off an old Hohner POS I was trying to trick out, reshaped the headstock for optimum stupid

content, a buddy has this and it's the greatest thing

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3LopZm5HaY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WTbucPl5tU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4GrClpp5RE

there's a whole goddamned series of these things

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

I don't know what it is, but there's something about this guitar that actually makes me feel ill.

skudmunky
Apr 28, 2010

Ferroque posted:

this is a tromba marina. it is a medieval and renaissance era instrument. it's a big ugly box with one string. you can only play natural harmonics.

have fun!

rare photo of worthless tromba player

it's the medieval djentstick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhOYflyfOPM

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

hahahah

the best part is that it makes him look so flippant about the subject

"bloo bloo serious talk about lybia"

*dweedle-dee-dweedle-dweeeeeeeeee doo-da-doo-doo-da-daoooow*

like hes probably trying to look relatable but theres nothing relatable about some dick wearing a bean tie playing an overpriced custom poo poo-machine while talking shop with a congressional aide

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Some,one forgot to finish filling in this guys tattoos

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Anything this man plays is a good guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzt3VOiYOkw

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Iamthegibbons posted:

Here's a guy who knows how to rock a classy guitar.

Bootsy owns :colbert:

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

"Hentai bassist"

In all seriousness, I've seen this guy's vids before. He's a solid hentai bassist.

Transcendent Man
Dec 23, 2012

"Death gives meaning to our lives. It gives importance and value to time. Time would be meaningless if there were too much of it." - Ray Kurzweil
I present to you, the Wangcaster!

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
drat look at that finish, the attention to detail

one thing is for sure that person spent many hours lovingly working those balls

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

beep boop twang

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Transcendent Man posted:

I present to you, the Wangcaster!

I think you'll find that's the Wangcaster II. Note the black knobs & pickups, like cancerous scrote nodules.

The original Wangcaster can be found on page 1 of the thread. It has white knobs & PUs, like some kinda std.

Glad to be of help

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Fair Hallion posted:

I think you'll find that's the Wangcaster II. Note the black knobs & pickups, like cancerous scrote nodules.

The original Wangcaster can be found on page 1 of the thread. It has white knobs & PUs, like some kinda std.

Glad to be of help

I'm more worried about the black bit under the pickups, it looks like gangrenous tissue at the base of his wang.

strangeless
May 8, 2007

I say money, money, money, and I say hot dog! I say yes, no and I say money, money, money and I say turkey sandwich and I say jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
I used to have this bass

Bought it for 250 for the looks from a pawn shop when I was 17 and sniffing all the Les Claypool farts available. Sold it 2 years later for 700 to a collector who already had the guitar version. I fully disclosed all the problems that thing had (light as poo poo like zero sustain, worse than a 60s semi-hollow flat-wound string piece of crap I used to have), spectacularly lovely pickups, paint chips showing the particleboard construction, awful ridge around the edge that bruised your arm if you played for more than 10 minutes etc.

I had it packed and shipped to Germany by a shipping place and the buyer paid insurance, but of course the scrolls broke off and he tried to hustle me for a refund. I was just like tough poo poo, I hope that thing never gets fixed it should have been aborted. (As the fan blew my awesome long-rear end wavey hair back and showcased my Oakley's for all to see )

Dr. Faustas, I actually dug the first part of your solo jam over the backing track, so I hope I don't come off as a hater, but I don't understand tweaking a guitar for a specific sound on a specific amp. Mainly, does that super specific kind of tuning for tone "detune" your tone if you mix up the amps? What if you don't have access to that amp? And how does that affect recording?

I see you were mainly using the strat style for the recordings you put up, do you have any examples of the sound tuning you did of the JEM? So we can hear the difference? If you don't, I think it would be cool for you to record something explaining what and why you did it.

I'm also really curious about your picking style you developed. Could you maybe make a YouTube to demonstrate how its different?

I have actually enjoyed reading your comments. Except where you try to out-GBS everyone like the least self-aware idiot that ever pushed his wire-rim glasses up to explain why Robert Fripp is a genius for releasing 47 hours of bumblebee yawns and highway tire drone.

strangeless fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 6, 2014

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

It's the guitar that shredded the Kessel run in under 12 bars.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Third page. I'm disappointed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_RnMBGstTg

Here's a monkey grip for ya

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

These are all from Brian Eastwood Guitars

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004