Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

shootforit posted:

So far the only issue I'm having with this jailbreak is my weather information not showing up in the notification center.

I have all the settings correct to make it show up: weather location service enabled, NC today view enabled, etc.

I've opened the weather app, so it has my current location. Plus I've toggled the various setting off and on again, along with rebooting and respringing several times.

I have the following installed:

F.lux
CeverPin
DockShift
Fake Carrier
Nitrous
Switch Spring

Any ideas?

This is a pervasive iOS 7 bug.

Simplest way to fix it is to go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset All Settings. This will fix the weather in your notification center. It also erases your wireless AP passwords, and it messed with my notifications settings for some of my apps. Then ensure that Location Services is enabled for Weather.app, and that in the notification section Today Summary is showing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

DominusDeus posted:

Is there an app yet to create transparent icons like iBlank?

iBlank for iOS 7 just dropped.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

bobfather posted:

Simplest way to fix it is to go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset All Settings. This will fix the weather in your notification center. It also erases your wireless AP passwords, and it messed with my notifications settings for some of my apps. Then ensure that Location Services is enabled for Weather.app, and that in the notification section Today Summary is showing.

I did this and now my phone is stuck on the Apple logo with the progress bar underneath. Is it normal for it to take longer than 30 min to do?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

ihatepants posted:

I did this and now my phone is stuck on the Apple logo with the progress bar underneath. Is it normal for it to take longer than 30 min to do?

No, that's not normal. You didn't press Erase all Content and Settings by mistake, did you?

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

bobfather posted:

It also made Cydia disappear for me(jb was still working), but restoring from a backup fixed that.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

bobfather posted:

No, that's not normal. You didn't press Erase all Content and Settings by mistake, did you?

I did not. No idea what happened, but after a few reboots it eventually booted properly. Thanks.

Another question, how do I quickly respring my device? I'm playing around with the appearance stuff with dockshift and hiddensettings7. I used to use sbsettings to do it, but that's not ios7 compatible yet.

VVVV Thank you! Just what I was looking for.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 5, 2014

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

ihatepants posted:

I did not. No idea what happened, but after a few reboots it eventually booted properly. Thanks.

Another question, how do I quickly respring my device? I'm playing around with the appearance stuff with dockshift and hiddensettings7. I used to use sbsettings to do it, but that's not ios7 compatible yet.

It looks like Flipswitch-based tweaks will be used for that functionality in iOS 7, I use one called CCControl, but there are others, it has a respring button at least.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ihatepants posted:

I use SwitchSpring - just swipe up on the Homescreen card in the app switcher and it gives you the option to respring or clear all running apps.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

frogg posted:

Still waiting on the Ubuntu font to update though. :arghfist:

Ubuntu Light is now available.

e;

cisneros posted:

It looks like Flipswitch-based tweaks will be used for that functionality in iOS 7, I use one called CCControl, but there are others, it has a respring button at least.

Thanks! CCControl is slick as all hell.

Dicty Bojangles fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 5, 2014

htabz
Jan 15, 2004
Does anyone know if P0sixpwn requires the internet past the "performing magic" stage?

I have a Iphone 4 on 6.1.3 I'm trying to jailbreak, and keep running into the same crash. After the first reboot it goes to "performing magic" and then crashes. My phone just reboots normally and works fine after.

I've tried latest iTunes, re downloading, admin/compatibility mode/unzip to C:. It doesn't seem like very many people are having this problem as googling didn't bring up much. The only thing I could think of is that I am using the Iphone tethered for internet and once it reboots it's not restarting the hotspot fast enough for p0sixpwn to do whatever it needs to do.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

htabz posted:

Does anyone know if P0sixpwn requires the internet past the "performing magic" stage?

The only thing I could think of is that I am using the Iphone tethered for internet and once it reboots it's not restarting the hotspot fast enough for p0sixpwn to do whatever it needs to do.

This sounds like a possibility, but your best bet is to contact @ih8sn0w on twitter

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

bobfather posted:

This totally did the trick! Thanks!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Tryna install CCconttol but keep getting Http not found, any advice?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

Trying to install CCControls but keep getting Http not found, any advice?

Just keep trying, sometimes Cydia returns those errors and you just need to give it another attempt.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Worked for me. Nice tweak.

Anyone have an alternative to StatusBarCustomClock? It doesn't seem to be ready for ios 7.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Worked for me. Nice tweak.

Anyone have an alternative to StatusBarCustomClock? It doesn't seem to be ready for ios 7.

I'm using Cloaky to tweak the status bar. It also allows you to remove unwanted menus and actions as seen here:

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

spongeworthy posted:

I'm using Cloaky to tweak the status bar. It also allows you to remove unwanted menus and actions as seen here:

Thank you. I'll try it out.

Edit: that worked perfectly. Thank you.

Mr Hands Colon fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 6, 2014

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

spongeworthy posted:

iBlank for iOS 7 just dropped.

Thank you much. Anyone who was using the iKeywi HD keyboard tweak, an iOS 7 update is in the works.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hate to interupt the new jb chat but still having 6.1.2 issues

Certain apps won't open and freeze up and I have to force close. Anytime I try to copy something or zoom in on text it'll freeze regardless of the app

I have limited wifi and no laptop. I ran ilexrat to delete all my jb stuff which seemed to fix by battery drain issue but not the other ones. I haven't been able to get an iCloud backup so I can completely wipe my phone and conserve my jailbreak with ilexrat.i have a lot of photos and such I don't want to lose

Any ideas?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Christoff posted:

Hate to interupt the new jb chat but still having 6.1.2 issues

Certain apps won't open and freeze up and I have to force close. Anytime I try to copy something or zoom in on text it'll freeze regardless of the app

I have limited wifi and no laptop. I ran ilexrat to delete all my jb stuff which seemed to fix by battery drain issue but not the other ones. I haven't been able to get an iCloud backup so I can completely wipe my phone and conserve my jailbreak with ilexrat.i have a lot of photos and such I don't want to lose

Any ideas?

You've had this problem for a while now right, are you on an old jailbreak?

I'm not really sure what would cause those magnifying/copying issues you're having. Have you thought about using Dropbox to backup your photos?

Any reason you can't get an iCloud backup going?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah I was without wifi for a bit but alas here I am!

It seems the issue is reported a lot I saw on google. But they just end up restoring it seems

I forgot which jailbreak it was. It was fine for a while - a year at least? p0ison I think?

The Internet here works fine but I think they restrict it somehow. Anytime you try to stream or download anything it usually just hangs. Anytime I try to do an iCloud backup it never makes any progress

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Got a problem with BiteSMS. When I am replying to or composing a text, through quick reply, I may lock the phone using the lock button. When I open the device and app, all my info is gone. Any way to stop this?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Is there some youtube solution that can block ads?

Adblocker on my desktop or laptop can just remove the ads fullstop. Every video just starts, never an ad. Any youtube app on Cydia or tweak that can give me this?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Check out the paid tweak AdBlocker. I believe it has some ability to filter YouTube ads.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

ibntumart posted:

This is what I did:
1. Downloaded the evasion JB file.
2. Made sure I had the most current version of iTunes on my Mac (would have done the same if I used my PC for the jailbreak).
3. After connecting my device, I downloaded but did not install the iOS 7.0.4 update.
4. Did a full back-up of my device (stored on computer, not iCloud).
5. Used iTunes to do a full restore so iOS7 would be installed on a blank phone.
6. At the prompt, I chose to restore from the backup I just made.
7. Went through the device's set-up screens.
8. Disconnected the device.
9. Ran the evasion JB file and reconnected my device when prompted.
10. Sat back and read for a bit while the jailbreak magic happened, following the directions as they appeared.
11. Went through the device's set-up screens again.
12. Gnashed my teeth when I realized how few of my iOS 6 jailbreak apps have been updated.

This was for my iPhone 4S, by the way. Haven't done my third gen iPad yet.

Edit: Oh, also I used PKGBackup to backup everything, JB and otherwise, to a cloud account. I forgot about using Appinfo to email my list of apps and completely spaced on the fact I have iFunbox and could have just saved everything locally.

Thank you very much for this, upgraded and jailbroke last night with no issues whatsoever!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Funso Banjo posted:

Is there some youtube solution that can block ads?

Adblocker on my desktop or laptop can just remove the ads fullstop. Every video just starts, never an ad. Any youtube app on Cydia or tweak that can give me this?

Get Protube works like a charm. Just don't update YouTube until they update it.

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004
Anyone having an issue where they cannot return to the phone app during a call by either clicking the green status bar or opening the phone app from the home screen?

My main tweak was SBRotator7, but I already restored my phone to remove the jailbreak, so I'm not sure if this bug is due to that tweak or not.

I'm using a 5S on 7.0.4 (fresh restored before jailbreak).

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Edit: Wrong thread.

NOTinuyasha fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 7, 2014

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Is there a way to change the icon size of JUST the icons in the dock at the bottom? I want to use infinidock to shove like 6 icons down there, but I want them to all shrink down rather than stack on top of each other. Bigify seems to affect all icons regardless of where they are.

edit: Also, I went and edited my icons. However, whenever I click on one, it switches to the default icon for a split second before opening. Is there anything I can do with for example Springboard Settings to make it so that doesn't happen?

aherdofpenguins fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 7, 2014

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

I used to use shrink, but there is not an iOS 7 version yet.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

aherdofpenguins posted:

edit: Also, I went and edited my icons. However, whenever I click on one, it switches to the default icon for a split second before opening. Is there anything I can do with for example Springboard Settings to make it so that doesn't happen?

Are you editing only icon.png or icon@2x.png as well?

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

spongeworthy posted:

Are you editing only icon.png or icon@2x.png as well?

I downloaded the picture, then renamed it to [bundle id]@2x.png, and then I shoved it in themes/jaku classic/icon bundles. What else should I do?

This happens to ALL icons, even the standard ones I didn't put in there myself.

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life
Is there anything like Gridlock available for 64bit/iOS7? I want to be able to move my icons and have blank spaces.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

SaucyLoggins posted:

Is there anything like Gridlock available for 64bit/iOS7? I want to be able to move my icons and have blank spaces.

Iconoclasm or iBlank

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

aherdofpenguins posted:

I downloaded the picture, then renamed it to [bundle id]@2x.png, and then I shoved it in themes/jaku classic/icon bundles. What else should I do?

This happens to ALL icons, even the standard ones I didn't put in there myself.

Are you on a 6.x or 7.x iOS? If you're using WinterBoard on a 7.x jb well it hasn't been updated yet.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Ugh BiteSMS needs to update so that it works on 7.0.4 on 5S... this is ridiculous!

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

hunter x az posted:

Ugh BiteSMS needs to update so that it works on 7.0.4 on 5S... this is ridiculous!

It's preposterous! What are they thinking?! It's been two weeks already!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ICHIBAHN posted:

Got a problem with BiteSMS. When I am replying to or composing a text, through quick reply, I may lock the phone using the lock button. When I open the device and app, all my info is gone. Any way to stop this?

Is this a known issue, then, or is there an option I'm missing? It's putting me off buying a license.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

Is this a known issue, then, or is there an option I'm missing? It's putting me off buying a license.

This is the forum you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
The last update I saw for bitesms was January 9th for 5S. They are usually fairly accurate and I imagine they are working their asses off on it.

• Locked thread