Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

tsob posted:

Actually since things like beams are entirely artificial effects created by the system it probably makes it stronger simply because it makes the actual gunpla itself more durable and for nothing else. It's a better built kit so the system rewards it for more effort based on the build quality.

I do have to say if I have one complaint about Build Fighters its that in terms of 'rules' for their game, it really is YuGiOh the giant robot game. Things improve other things because we are told they do and things like massive aircraft carriers seem kind of out of place. I'd like to see a scene involving Sei programming his GP base for example, as an explination of how the gently caress the discharge systems work.

Don't get me wrong, I love this show. Just a pet peeve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I really like this show. I still need to pull the trigger on the Zaku Amazing and a Bearguy though...

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Caros posted:

I do have to say if I have one complaint about Build Fighters its that in terms of 'rules' for their game, it really is YuGiOh the giant robot game. Things improve other things because we are told they do and things like massive aircraft carriers seem kind of out of place. I'd like to see a scene involving Sei programming his GP base for example, as an explination of how the gently caress the discharge systems work.

Don't get me wrong, I love this show. Just a pet peeve.

I don't think we need to worry about GBF spawning an actual gunpla fighting game, so I'm just fine with it being the game interpreting the modeler's intent by the power of ~IMAGINATION~

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I don't think they actually do anything to the GP bases, I think plavsky particles are indeed, just magic

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blackchamber posted:

I really like this show. I still need to pull the trigger on the Zaku Amazing and a Bearguy though...

I'm a Zaku Amazing, Wing Fenice, and Sengaku Astray (Which I JUST ordered) deep into this poo poo. Waiting for those sweet reprints to start coming out so I can start kit bashing. Need some bits from the Shining, Burning, and Age Titus and then use a Gouf as a base. All Melee all charge Gouf. I call it the Gouf Overwhelming.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 4, 2014

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
You better have it posed over a defeated RX-78, having finally shown that its no Zaku boy, no Zaku!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ElBrak posted:

You better have it posed over a defeated RX-78, having finally shown that its no Zaku boy, no Zaku!

I'll order a HG RX-78 just for that (And a copy of the Gundam Hammer).

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

(G30th on the left, original on the right)

Just gonna warn you right now that you want the HG 30th anniversary RX-78-2. Not only is the old HG terrible, but the G30th also comes with a Gundam Hammer anyways.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Or you could buy the HG Forever Gundam, which comes with the cool armor AND a Gundam Hammer.

Also, that picture reminded that I hate how dalong panel lines his kits. Can somebody please buy him a gray lining marker?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm guessing he does that since it shows the amount of panel lines clearly, where it can be harder to tell by just using gray.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Dalong is very aware of the fact that everyone everywhere looks at his site, so yeah he makes his panel lines thick so you can better see a model's detail.

And hey, at this point he's famous for it. Who else has their name on a style of panel lining? :v:

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Well, this show keeps getting more and more incredible as it goes along.

For the dude that said he'd love it if this show went all Iron Leaguer, episode 13 delivers in spades...sorta

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
C'mon, you can't say that and not put up the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGqhbESJwQ

Good to see Luang being the happy, enthusiastic dude we all assumed he was.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What episode does the new OP/ED appear?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha3fhdHm_ik&hd=1

Caros
May 14, 2008

Gotta admit, I'm not crazy about this episode. The gimmick was fun but just felt out of place for me.

That said I'm willing to give the show a ton of leeway considering how good it has been thus far. And the out of combat stuff was still phenomenal as always this week.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Okay, that's... something.

I can't believe this show. Just, what. Wow. I love how Ramba Ral knows his baseball stuff, too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm somewhat sad that we weren't shown how Reiji went all Zeta Gundam on those thugs. It would've been nice to see some good ol' violence.

Also this episode...it happened alright. Weird gimmick that translated to a somewhat boring battle. That's basically all I can say, I couldn't care much about the baseball duel. Hopefully we'll be back to proper fights next episode.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm somewhat sad that we weren't shown how Reiji went all Zeta Gundam on those thugs. It would've been nice to see some good ol' violence.

Also this episode...it happened alright. Weird gimmick that translated to a somewhat boring battle. That's basically all I can say, I couldn't care much about the baseball duel. Hopefully we'll be back to proper fights next episode.

I guess you didn't watch the next episode preview heh.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Well, huh. So that's where that came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYNxiBU9XAE

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm interested in where the subplot of Ramba Ral's rear end is going.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha the Star Build's secret power is that it can turn into a Real Grade, that's loving amazing. :allears:

Got to admit I came into this episode hoping for a new OP/ED so I'm kind of letdown, but this was pretty much the best loving thing besides that. I finally understand what that seemingly random weapon set was for, and seeing the Aborgorine attempt to put on a baseball cap was great.

EDIT: Next episode is the gimmick we've all been waiting for. :dance:

EDIT 2: I just realized this was the perfect opportunity to do the Shining Finger speech. God drat you Reiji, why can't you be as much of a Gundam nerd as Sei? :argh:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 6, 2014

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Got to admit I came into this episode hoping for a new OP/ED so I'm kind of letdown

But the show already has the best OP, why would you want it to change?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

BlitzBlast posted:

EDIT 2: I just realized this was the perfect opportunity to do the Shining Finger speech. God drat you Reiji, why can't you be as much of a Gundam nerd as Sei? :argh:

Glad I'm not the only one who had that thought at that moment.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BlitzBlast posted:

How the hell did I not think of this? That's perfect. What a wasted opportunity.

Talking about G Gundam, what was that Gundam Mao fought against? I remember it's from G (then again G Gundam's designs are rather distinctive), but I just can't remember what it was.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
This episode was great because it had a Beam Yo-Yo in it. :colbert:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Real bad episode. I don't really know what an itchy butt means in japan but my sentiments exactly

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Talking about G Gundam, what was that Gundam Mao fought against? I remember it's from G (then again G Gundam's designs are rather distinctive), but I just can't remember what it was.

Zeus Gundam.

Fighting Falken
Aug 13, 2012
I didn't think this episode was too bad, the gimmick was the special kind of dumb that still ends up enjoyable because of how silly it is. It could have been better but it was still kind of fun to watch.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I like Aila's reaction to all these stupid shenanigans. :colbert: ...Well, I mean GunPla battles are cool, but... No, seriously, in terms of in-universe, how could anyone take this sports... err, e-sports seriously? First the huge Gundam, now the lottery for weapons. It'd be basically impossible to have any sort of neutral observer making sure the games aren't rigged somehow. You'd think there'd be a huge outrage by now.

I don't take it that seriously, it's just a fun show, but still! :arghfist:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

This entire episode was basically the writers being shown this and told to make an episode about it.

I have no idea how anyone could possibly dislike GIANT ROBOT BASEBALL.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

This entire episode was basically the writers being shown this and told to make an episode about it.

I have no idea how anyone could possibly dislike GIANT ROBOT BASEBALL.

I'll second that statement. HG Baseball Build Strike when?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

What was the thing Kawaguchi was fighting? It's head looked like a standing tortoise from VOTOMS but i doubt they'd use non-gundam mechs.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Droyer posted:

What was the thing Kawaguchi was fighting? It's head looked like a standing tortoise from VOTOMS but i doubt they'd use non-gundam mechs.

Behold.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Droyer posted:

I've been hoping a scopedog would show up.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
This week's episode of my favourite alien prince x Finnish supersoldier romantic comedy really delivered but I can't imagine someone saying a dude bats .890 or whatever with a straight face.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Eej posted:

This week's episode of my favourite alien prince x Finnish supersoldier romantic comedy really delivered but I can't imagine someone saying a dude bats .890 or whatever with a straight face.

Anime.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They even acknowledged in the show that it was like something out of anime or manga.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I liked how the secretary kept rotating away from the president of PPSE every time it cut back to them after they won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

muike posted:

I liked how the secretary kept rotating away from the president of PPSE every time it cut back to them after they won.

It's like out of one of my Japanese animes.

• Locked thread