Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

The Amazing Spider-Man

Classic Prince Valiant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (August 9-11, 1926)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I cannot tell you how much I love the frog creature in Mandrake. :allears:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Steve's transformed into food-stuffs more than any other Bloom County resident. Improbable, but true.

Calvin And Hobbes

Banana Triangle is a post-apocalyptic beach-set thing. It's not always a single-panel affair.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Guess I'll repeat my question from earlier, does anyone know if there's an archive of Oh, Brother anywhere? Google isn't turning up anything for me, and I want to get in on that sweet, sweet posting reruns of old comics business.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Momma

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Yep, it's going to be one of those weeks again.

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Tomorrow's strip has the Judge pointing out the anaconda in his pants.

9 Chickweed Lane

You'd think that that syndicate would at least try to wipe away the used coffee grounds when they fished today's strip from the bottom of the barrel.

Pibgorn

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

A pot and a spoon for "instant" oatmeal? Oh hell no. Bowl, water, nuke for 30 seconds, done.

Instant oatmeal isn't fit to feed to horses.
Let me tell you about the miracle of slow cooker steel cut oatmeal. It will change your life.
http://www.theyummylife.com/Slow_Cooker_Apple_Cinnamon_Oatmeal

You put it on before you go to bed and you wake up and there's hot apple oatmeal waiting for you.

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug
Can we skip amazingly racist Piranha Clubs? Or all of them?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Wanamingo posted:

Guess I'll repeat my question from earlier, does anyone know if there's an archive of Oh, Brother anywhere? Google isn't turning up anything for me, and I want to get in on that sweet, sweet posting reruns of old comics business.
I have 25 weeks worth of dailies on PDF format. Will that do?

They're in black and white, though.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Beeg posted:

I have 25 weeks worth of dailies on PDF format. Will that do?

They're in black and white, though.

Nah, no thanks. I don't want to start unless I can actually post the full run, and even then converting them from a PDF sounds like too much effort.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

There's something very Lovecraftian about this but I can't put my finger on it.

Apartment 3G

More opportunitis for Bolle Original Dress Designs!

Juliet Jones

That's... a surprisingly detailed description, Mrs. Wyngate.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin and the Martians

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

There's something very Lovecraftian about this but I can't put my finger on it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

If he doesn't burn to death 3 weeks from now I'll be writing one sternly worded email, I'll tell you what.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Apartment 3G

More opportunitis for Bolle Original Dress Designs!

I don't care how many weddings you stack on her, she's still the least interesting.

e: refresh this post in ten minutes and there'll be comics here.
e2: comics are here!
Berger & Wyse

You know what... those grinders do seem large... but not this large.

Stephen Collins

The British polititoons thread finds this depiction of Kim Jong Un questionable, especially with regards to the eyes. They also pointed out that it's basically the same as his cartoon with Putin and his magic 6-pack, though I believe that's defendible as a "running joke".

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 6, 2014

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

To really get the audience to care for the characters, make sure your Juliet is shrill, demanding and unappealing. Again with the Darren Nichols.

I've been inflicting this storyline on my wife, who has thrown up her hands at what she calls "a tale told by a certified idiot with typography full of letters and symbols, signifying nothing. AND MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER TEETH."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

They really are terrible parents. There's toddlers in the house and they went to sleep before cleaning up, leaving glasses of liquor out, and apparently matches in easy reach.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Mr. Fowl posted:

They really are terrible parents. There's toddlers in the house and they went to sleep before cleaning up, leaving glasses of liquor out, and apparently matches in easy reach.

Well, you can't blame them, they were blackout drunk! The kids should know better!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Trivia: That's The Carpenters, The Fortunes, and either Richard Harris or Donna Summer.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Did Holbrook forget that the poodle had a French accent?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Thorn (September 20-22, 1983)

We are now in the Fall 1983 semester.

Nina's Adventures (October 15, 1993)

Nina has her playful side.

Lucky Cow (February 15, 2004)

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Trivia: That's The Carpenters, The Fortunes, and either Richard Harris or Donna Summer.

Three different groups/singers? Weird then that she says "both of you."

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

CaptainCaveman posted:

Three different groups/singers? Weird then that she says "both of you."

radio + weather = both

It isn't weird at all because it is a terribly written unfunny Gilchrist joke.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz9LmjJXx9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MXoO9phS8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEdC0c3YI4

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

That still looks better than Brooke's maws. You need bigger teeth, more teeth, and more of a gap between the lips and the gums. Like as if her head was a giant bag filled with air and her skull is a quarter of the size of her head.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

To really get the audience to care for the characters, make sure your Juliet is shrill, demanding and unappealing. Again with the Darren Nichols.

I've been inflicting this storyline on my wife, who has thrown up her hands at what she calls "a tale told by a certified idiot with typography full of letters and symbols, signifying nothing. AND MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER TEETH."

Her right hand is beyond hosed up too.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

The Sphinxster posted:

Her right hand is beyond hosed up too.

Not for a mutant with a big gaping maw like that it isn't...

Just kidding. Holy poo poo it's like she has a mitten for a hand.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why would someone leave a cake out in the rain

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

mastersord posted:

That still looks better than Brooke's maws. You need bigger teeth, more teeth, and more of a gap between the lips and the gums. Like as if her head was a giant bag filled with air and her skull is a quarter of the size of her head.

It's actually the mouth from panel 2 here:

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Mouths by BrookeMaw™. Accept no substitutes.

I agree though, not enough teeth/Lovecraftian horror.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Macaluso posted:

Why would someone leave a cake out in the rain

Why anyone is listening to MacArthur Park without laughing their rear end off is the real mystery. That song sucks so hard in the best way.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Dewgy posted:

Why anyone is listening to MacArthur Park without laughing their rear end off is the real mystery. That song sucks so hard in the best way.

It did give us this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4zvQfDhi0 though.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

Trees grow from the top. The nail would remain the same distance from the ground.

Slylock Fox

Slylock and Max just broke into Weirdly's holo-chamber and went for a joyride. The only thing wrong is their hypocritical disregard for property law.

Moose and Molly

drat look at the size of that sandwich. There's something going on here because this is really going beyond basic hospitality.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Handheld video game player. Really. And honestly you probably could find an old GBA or DS and a pile of games at a yard sale for really cheap and it'd keep you entertained for hundreds of hours.

Retail

Marla should forget all her lame old friends and be BFFs with Mina. They get along so well :allears:.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I mean, who knows when the last time you changed your oil was?

Dustin

I should hope lawyers use proper spelling and punctuation.

On the Fastrack

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and I think you max out at 5000 or so friends anyway.

Safe Havens

If you can time travel wouldn't you be able to foresee everything that could possibly go wrong?

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

I've dated too many Leopolds. :(

Also I bookmarked this gallery of C&H wallpapers JUST FOR YOU: http://imgur.com/gallery/wGZUA

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Midnight Moth posted:

Retail

Marla should forget all her lame old friends and be BFFs with Mina. They get along so well :allears:.

Mina looks like Vice from King of Fighters.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

I'm really sure that Dustin has made this exact joke before, only it was to his sister.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann really is getting a little risque this week.

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

The Amazing Spider-Man

Classic Prince Valiant

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm really sure that Dustin has made this exact joke before, only it was to his sister.
The real question is how Dustin got a new phone so fast after he just dropped his iPhone on the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Pibgorn is the least aesthetically pleasing thug I've ever seen outside of the political cartoons thread. Jesus Christ.

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

In my experience it's the exact opposite - younger people type pretty accurately via text, but older people (40+) use tons of abbreviations and text speak. I can't decipher my mom's texts half the time!

PUGGERNAUT fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 7, 2014

• Locked thread