Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

InfinityComplex posted:

Same unlocking structure as the previous games, to place a further emphasis on Cavia being a dick and being as soul crushing as possible when you unlock the last end in their games.

I found that structure more tedious than the ending part of D. That part didn't even take me 10 tries. I did watch Leta struggle at it a fair bit before even touching the game, though..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Taro Yoko wants next Drakengard game on PS4.

:q::respek::shepicide:

(But he doesn't have the money :ssh:)

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
Give the man all squareenixs money. I will play a ps4 drakengard if the combat is as good as 3, the camera is fixed and at 60 fps.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

If he does get the chance to make a Drakengard 4, I hope they go and make a game based on the backstory of Nier (since that's officially considered a part of the Drakengard series now). You know, with the Replicants fighting Red Eyes in Israel or whatever. After Drakengard 3, I don't really feel like there's much more to expand upon in the original Drakengard timeline anymore.

Still collecting them weapons. I actually think it's stupid you have to buy them now; it's so hard getting enough gold for them. I'd much rather do the original Drakengard's dumb challenges for them instead, at least it'd be less of a grind...

dazat fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 4, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't even know what you could do with a DR4 unless he goes with those high school girl designs or something (Big Spoilers) I mean, after the entire group of sisters are Grotesqurie Queens, constant subplots involving the apostles being sex toys, and death, murder, kill, dragon, death, murder murder murder and a loving 8 minute long rhythm game that progressively fucks you with the camera I don't know how you can realistically top yourself, I guess the only place left to go is SPACE.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Obviously Drakengard 4 would be Mech-Emil protecting the animals from space aliens.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

dazat posted:

If he does get the chance to make a Drakengard 4, I hope they go and make a game based on the backstory of Nier (since that's officially considered a part of the Drakengard series now). You know, with the Replicants fighting Red Eyes in Israel or whatever. After Drakengard 3, I don't really feel like there's much more to expand upon in the original Drakengard timeline anymore.

Still collecting them weapons. I actually think it's stupid you have to buy them now; it's so hard getting enough gold for them. I'd much rather do the original Drakengard's dumb challenges for them instead, at least it'd be less of a grind...

Do the first mission in the Country of Desert three times, then the last mission.

Golem: Hope he doesn't launch his hands otherwise just wait it out by circling him. Dash in, square, mash triangle with whatever spear you have. Activate utautai as the final hit of the spear combo comes (Utautai auto-collects surrounding gold). Once the golem is dead, dash to where the gold knight will spear, square, mash triangle. It doesn't matter if you're doing this before he appears, what matters is that you're getting rid of them as fast as possible. A set of two more gold knights will appear, then three. If a gold knight knocks you out of the combo, activate Utautai and finish them off.

It's possible to get all of them within the time allowed, with maxed gear it should net you in the 250-300k range every trip, at least 100-200k without maxed gear.

That's how I did it anyway. It's still going to take hours, but it's probably the fastest way.

Oh, and use the 血瞑刀 sword, from beating the fourth chapter. It builds blood gauge.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Drakengard 3 was recently released in Japan, and according to sales, it has done reasonably decently; however, that doesn’t usually lead to a rock star life for most developers. Recently, Nier and Drakengard series director Yoko Taro spoke to 4Gamer about his thoughts going into 2014.

“I’d like to say thank you very much for the year 2013 to everyone,” says Yoko. “Living can be pretty tough. By the time this comment is published, I believe that Drakengard 3 will have been safely released.”

Continues Yoko, “Next year, I’ll be going back to unemployment, so I don’t have anything as far as a next title goes, but as I sit here and mope, I hope everyone has a great and fun 2014. That is all.”

:smith:

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Monomythian posted:

Drakengard 3 was recently released in Japan, and according to sales, it has done reasonably decently; however, that doesn’t usually lead to a rock star life for most developers. Recently, Nier and Drakengard series director Yoko Taro spoke to 4Gamer about his thoughts going into 2014.

“I’d like to say thank you very much for the year 2013 to everyone,” says Yoko. “Living can be pretty tough. By the time this comment is published, I believe that Drakengard 3 will have been safely released.”

Continues Yoko, “Next year, I’ll be going back to unemployment, so I don’t have anything as far as a next title goes, but as I sit here and mope, I hope everyone has a great and fun 2014. That is all.”

:smith:

What idiots wrote this? Siliconera? ...ah, I see I'm right. I miss Andriasang.

It's a game industry thing. His contract expired at the end of 2013 regardless, so really it has nothing to do with the success of the game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Megalixir posted:

What idiots wrote this? Siliconera? ...ah, I see I'm right. I miss Andriasang.

Gematsu is kind of like the diet coke variant of Andriasang, but god drat do I miss that site.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

I beat it! Including the bullshit D Ending boss by syncing my game with this video: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22528491

Here are my overall (non-spoiler) thoughts:

Positives posted:

+On-ground combat with Zero is fun and fairly complex.
+Each of the four weapons handles differently and has unique uses.
+Sky missions on Mikhail are actually enjoyable(!).
+Difficulty curve rises naturally, providing a good challenge.
+Enemy variety and AI are stellar.
+Boss battles are impressive.
+The graphics, while not great, really aren't bad either; the game has good art direction.
+The soundtrack is AWESOME.
+The voice acting is really good (hopefully this carries over to the English release).

+The story is compelling.
+The characters are all interesting and generally likable despite being awful people thanks to some very well written dialogue.
+The inclusion of voice acting for the mooks as they rush to their deaths fighting you is a nice touch.
+The comedic scenes are genuinely funny and made me laugh out loud many times.
+The story indulges the grim dark feel of the series while sending it up at the same time. A lot of it feels like a knowing and tongue-in-cheek subversion.
+Personally I enjoyed the how meta the narrative ended up.
+The perfect troll storm that is the Ending D amuses me as much as it frustrates me.

Negatives posted:

-The camera sucks.
-The loading is ridiculous, especially considering how low-tech the game is.
-Controls get janky when playing with Mikhail outside of sky missions.
-The sky missions are actually good this time, so why aren't there more of them?
-FPS rate can get pretty bad, although to be fair this didn't crop up that often for me.
-Apostle AI is poor and they're basically useless in battle.
-There are glitches and bugs. One times a cutscene loaded buggy and another time the game freezed on me; in both cases I ended up having to reset.
-PAPYRUS FONT :shakes fist:
-Minor, but why do I have to go all the way to the Title Screen to read Weapon Stories? Can't there be an option for that in the normal menu?
-I hate the Press Start to Skip prompt that shows up at the beginning of EVERY cutscene. Makes me feel like I'm playing an arcade game. Yes, I KNOW I can skip scenes by pressing start! Thank you!

-There is an over-reliance on supplementary material to fill in story gaps that should have been addressed in the game itself.
-A lot of things are not explained very well or just hand-waved away.
-I feel having to collect all weapons/fight a really unfair boss is fine if you're gunning for a wacky bonus ending, but really shouldn't be necessary to access a story route that contains most of the answers to the game's mysteries.
-The Ending D boss would have been an epic boss fight if they hadn't worked hard to make it almost literally impossible. To think something could make Ending E of Drakengard look fair! But at least you could get hit more than once and didn't have to hit the rings with PERFECT precision. It's a shame because the music and the boss itself are incredible.

Personally I'd give it a B; it ranks second for me after Nier. A fairer general grading would probably be a C+ though. Still, overall I really enjoyed it. Enough so that I'll probably continue translating supplementary material for a while yet.

Also anyone who's on the fence about downloading the remixed Drakengard BGM DLC, I urge you to. It's awesome.

dazat fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 6, 2014

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Reading this thread makes me sad that I don't speak Japanese or own a ps3. :(

I can't wait for the lp.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Poil posted:

I can't wait for the lp.

By the time it's out here, PS3s won't be too expensive with the next gen out.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Chaotic Flame posted:

By the time it's out here, PS3s won't be too expensive with the next gen out.
I'm unemployed so I won't be able to afford one regardless. Wondering if the game would even be released here I looked up if previous titles had been, and found this description of the first game:

quote:

Actionrollspel från Square Enix med mycket strider, drakar och vackra filmsekvenser. Striderna kommer utspela sig i luften, på marken och från luften mot marken när huvudpersonen Kaim anfaller med sin röda drake.
"Action role playing game from Square Enix with a lot of fighting, dragons and beautiful cinematics. The fighting will take place in the air, on the ground and from the air to the ground when the main character Kaim attacks with his red dragon."
Surely all one needs before buying such a promising masterpiece. :allears:

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

Poil posted:

Wondering if the game would even be released here

Squeenix has confirmed a 2014 release (digital only) for us Europeans.

I want the game so bad. :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah. I assume they're not making a pc port and that there aren't any working/non-painful emulators?

By the way, how difficult is it to learn to understand spoken Japanese using only free sources available on the internet?

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
Well, if you've got a lifetime to spend watching anime, that'll supplement you with all the hot-blooded fighting bullshit that nobody would say in daily conversations.

Square Enix does have Last Remnant and more recently FF VII available on Steam, but nothing short of some mass online petition would probably give them reason to outsource a port at this point.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Poil posted:

I can't wait for the lp.

Don't own a ps3 and I still preordered it. Gonna induce mass depression into my friends who own one by forcing them to go through it with me.

Next-Jin Engine posted:

Square Enix does have Last Remnant and more recently FF VII available on Steam, but nothing short of some mass online petition would probably give them reason to outsource a port at this point.

Fund it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Next-Jin Engine posted:

Well, if you've got a lifetime to spend watching anime, that'll supplement you with all the hot-blooded fighting bullshit that nobody would say in daily conversations.
Wait, are you suggesting they don't fight off attacks from giant robots, monsters and school girls as part of their daily life? Madness.

InfinityComplex posted:

Don't own a ps3 and I still preordered it. Gonna induce mass depression into my friends who own one by forcing them to go through it with me.
That's wonderful. :)

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Monomythian posted:

There's the distinct impression that this is an act.

Either way, there's a certain charm in this Eeyore-guy just moping around and leaving a trail of hilariously depressing video games in his wake.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Mazed posted:

Either way, there's a certain charm in this Eeyore-guy just moping around and leaving a trail of hilariously depressing video games in his wake.

Hell, at one point the guy was involved in a game about crying. Lots of crying.

It was one of the two games that Cavia was working on, before they got cancelled - the other being that game set in a museum.

[e]: That's the one! It sounded pretty cool. Weren't they something like 60% done on it or something? Or am I confusing it for something else?
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 7, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Catacombs was awesome, I would have been totally down to play a 4-player co-op FPS with randomly generated stages and roguelike elements, inspired by Left 4 Dead, Dark Souls, Pac-Man, and Jungian psychology.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

In some way or another, Cavia needs to come back. The world can use more of Cavia induced despair and bullshit.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Policenaut posted:

Catacombs was awesome, I would have been totally down to play a 4-player co-op FPS with randomly generated stages and roguelike elements, inspired by Left 4 Dead, Dark Souls, Pac-Man, and Jungian psychology.
That was the one where it ended up being about aliens, right?

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
I'm way late on this (or too early for the LP), but I drew some fanart in response to "How Zero can fly a dragon with a flower for one eye" from about 10 pages ago.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Big fan of this bug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9dwFcvU7C0

Next-Jin Engine posted:

I'm way late on this (or too early for the LP), but I drew some fanart in response to "How Zero can fly a dragon with a flower for one eye" from about 10 pages ago.

Neat :D

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

DACK FAYDEN posted:

That was the one where it ended up being about aliens, right?
It actually ended up having the personification of the collective subconscious of mankind as the end of the game who sought to remake the world by destroying human individuality and culture. Catacombs sounded rad and even could have rivaled Drakengard in being total bananas, if Square was cool they'd help revive that.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Yaay my copy of Nier came in. Now to use it as preparation for Drakengard 3.

bossfight
Feb 16, 2013
I know music has been brought up several times here but I didn't see if anyone linked this yet.

Amazon MP3 'This Silence is Mine' was released Dec. 18th

I've pretty much had this on repeat for a few days now. My wife got me the CD copy of the Nier OST for xmas and I'm totally hyped for DoD3 now.

Also, I think someone asked this before but I guess I never felt like it was answered, or maybe I missed it. For those who have played DoD3 would you say it takes more of a tone from Nier or does it stay mostly true to the older Drakengard games in that respect. To elaborate my question a little, Nier often hit me in the feels with the whole Daddy/Daughter plot and a number of other storyline points. This seemed to contrast against the Drakengard tone in that it felt less bleak and more heartfelt, even if bittersweet. Something about that charmed me in a strong way and I have a hard time finding other media that has that effect. It won't be disappointing if they go a different direction this time; as it's not something you can just repeat at will but I am curious if DoD3 will have any noteworthy emotional impact. I am prepared for the possibility that emotional impact is intended, but with a less serious tone than before.

I dunno. It's possible that i'm just overly sensitive to Daddy/Daughter plot points and therefore made the tone of the game more serious in my mind than it really was.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I really, really love this trend of having Mikhail wear inappropriate hats as DLC.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
I'm assuming no, but does anyone know if the DLC costumes transfer over to non-rendered cutscenes? I want to know if it will be possible to reach Dead Rising levels of immersion-breakery.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Next-Jin Engine posted:

I'm assuming no, but does anyone know if the DLC costumes transfer over to non-rendered cutscenes? I want to know if it will be possible to reach Dead Rising levels of immersion-breakery.

There are actually very few (like...one?) real-time cutscenes. Most of them are pre-rendered, recorded in-engine with higher quality models than are used in gameplay.

e: wait, thought of another, so two? Dunno about uh costumes in that one though. Maybe...? Guess I could buy one and see while I'm buying the Nier music tomorrow.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jan 9, 2014

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

bossfight posted:

Also, I think someone asked this before but I guess I never felt like it was answered, or maybe I missed it. For those who have played DoD3 would you say it takes more of a tone from Nier or does it stay mostly true to the older Drakengard games in that respect. To elaborate my question a little, Nier often hit me in the feels with the whole Daddy/Daughter plot and a number of other storyline points. This seemed to contrast against the Drakengard tone in that it felt less bleak and more heartfelt, even if bittersweet. Something about that charmed me in a strong way and I have a hard time finding other media that has that effect. It won't be disappointing if they go a different direction this time; as it's not something you can just repeat at will but I am curious if DoD3 will have any noteworthy emotional impact. I am prepared for the possibility that emotional impact is intended, but with a less serious tone than before.

I dunno. It's possible that i'm just overly sensitive to Daddy/Daughter plot points and therefore made the tone of the game more serious in my mind than it really was.

I'd say it's a good mix of the bleakness/WTF-ness of Drakengard and the sentimentality/character drama of Nier. Really, though, it has a flavor all its own, quite unlike either game despite obviously drawing influence from both, its trademarks being its spectacularly crude humor and over-the-top violence. But that said, yes, there are some good emotional punches in the gut. Not even close to the level of Nier, but they're there.

New DLC has been released: Manah and Eris' outfits, the creepy baby Watcher head posted above, and a remixed Nier music pack. I thought I was finished with the game (at least until the story-related DLC comes out) but the Drakengard music pack was so good, I'm mighty tempted to buy the Nier one. The songs included are: Emil, Song of Ancients and Ashes of Dreams. For reference, the songs included in the Drakengard pack were: Seere's Prayer In Air Battle, the B Ending Route Song 'Exhaustion' and the infamous Ending D Boss Battle track.

The remixes are really good, so I hope they release them in soundtrack form at some point. I wouldn't mind a Drakengard 2 music pack either, since the OST was one of the only good things about that game. Forbidden Prelude, Vein of Grief and Hitori, say?

dazat fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jan 9, 2014

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Has anyone uploaded those remixes onto youtube or something yet? I really want to listen to them but I don't have the money to import a copy or the patience to wait for the game to come out stateside.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
^ Seconded. I buy my music, mostly doujin stuff, but I like to trial things first.

Speaking of, is anyone here getting the OST? I don't really know who has the cheapest prices when it comes to VGM.

symphoniccacophony
Mar 20, 2009
Just started playing the game today and half way through the second chapter where I noticed my first meta humor, it's right after getting the first Apostle where Zero told Mikhail to blow a barricade blocking the way, and Mik promptly blew the bridge they stood on, and started a hilarious air rescue cinematic played in which Dito is conspicuously absent through out. When the control is returned back to player, Dito instantly reappears next to Zero, which prompts her to ask how he was able to get across. Dito hand waves it all away by saying he knew Mik will screw up so never got on the bridge. I thought this a great snark on the common inconsistency between cinematic and gameplay, with Zero as a player surrogate asking the game to explain it's own logic.

As Dazat already said, the tone so far is more comedic than grim dark.

Control is really janky, with noticeable delays between button presses and no where near the smoothness of a dynasty warrior games. Been a while since I played Nier but I think that game was a lot smoother. Especially when Mikhail is on stage and breathing fire and explosion, the frame rate basically drops to single digit. As an action Nier definitely seem to be the better of the two.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

This bug is the funniest thing. Like he will always come back to your back whatever you do, sometimes at ridiculous speed. I wonder how this bug works.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Nyagato posted:

This bug is the funniest thing. Like he will always come back to your back whatever you do, sometimes at ridiculous speed. I wonder how this bug works.

I liked this bug beyond being humorous since it meant one less possessed jerk wailing on me. The only other enemy I found harder to fight than the possessed soldiers were those stupid giant Centaurs because it was so hard to avoid/disrupt their attacks. Oh, and the Ogres because they hit for so much damage.

In general though I think they really did a good job with the enemies in this game. I appreciate that they all had different attack patterns that you had to acclimate yourself to in order to win, and even the recolors have aesthetic differences that make them interesting. My favorites include the Shadow Titans, the Trolls and of course all the human soldiers. Their voice work was really outstanding, especially in some of the endings where the Intoner's song powers were going out of control and reducing them to gibbering messes; it was really unnerving. Also the way the survivors of a massacre on your part will sometimes cower in the corners of the map actually made me legitimately feel really bad for having to kill them, which is saying something in this type of game.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

So I've been flipping through the art/materials book that came with my Anniversary Box and picked out some interesting tid-bits I thought might be of interest.

Caim & Angelus
The book describes their relationship in a little more depth. For example, it says that Angelus was deeply impressed by Caim's tenacity when they first met and her feelings are described as 'being similar to the sensation of love at first sight'. As for Caim, while he initially thought of her as nothing but a tool, before he knew it they had grown close. It wasn't until she was being made a seal, however, that it really hit him how precious she was to him. And I think this was mentioned in game, but it bears repeating that Angelus became the Goddess solely for Caim; she didn't give a crap about the rest of humanity.

Apparently in the aftermath of Ending A Caim wanted nothing more than to die. Being unable to protect his sister or Angelus in spite of all the killing he'd done, he felt living was a punishment. As the years went on, though, his anger lessened to the point where he actually became fond of Manah. He even gave her his bracelet, which he used to wear as a matching pair with Furiae.

You can actually see this bracelet in the official art. Furiae is wearing it in hers and in pictures of Caim without his armor on, you can see him wearing it too. If you look at adult Manah's official art in Drakengard 2, she is indeed wearing the bracelet. As it turns out, Nowe wears Furiae's around his neck as a pendent, which you can see in the art of him in his casual outfit. So ironically, Nowe and Manah end up with the matching pair.

I don't remember if this is mentioned in the game or not, but it was Manah who gouged out Caim's eye while he was distracted by Angelus having the additional seals put on her. It was her betrayal coupled with Verdelet's that lead to his bloodlust reawakening and Caim going back to being the mass murderer we all know and love.

Leonard
It turns out he wasn't out of the house screwing a boy the night his brothers were killed. He was actually just masturbating; the book emphasizes the fact that he has never actually acted on any of his urges. In fact he became a hermit in the woods to keep himself away from children. That said, there's a small part of him who feels its unfair that he should have to feel so ashamed of what are, to him, natural urges.

Verdelet
I think every agrees that giving up your hair is a pretty stupid pact price. But as it turns out, his hair was very important to Verdelet. Turns out he was once a long-haired stud whose luscious locks reeled in the ladies and he was legitimately upset to lose it. Also part of the reason his pact price was so lame was because he was making his pact with a weakening, fossilized dragon. Had he made one with a stronger creature he would have paid a steeper price.

Urick & Yaha
Apparently they were in the same orphanage together and Yaha has loved Urick since forever. Before Yaha left, something did happen between them; the reason Urick is immune to Yaha's charms now and knows how to break out of them is exactly because he was once taken in by them in the past.

Tyrann in Drakengard?
Apparently an ancestor of Tyrann is among the cast of Drakengard! Who could it be?

Misc. Factoids
There's a section listing mundane things about the main cast. They are:
Caim: Can sleep with his eyes open.
Angelus: Her body is actually quite soft to the touch.
Furiae: Has lucid dreams in which she takes out all her stress.
Inuart: Can perfectly imitate King Gaap (Caim and Furiae's father).
Leonard: Can balance on one foot for 24 hours.
Arioch: Good at cleaning ears. (Ear-cleaning is a weird thing a woman might do for you in Japan where you put your head on her lap and she'll clean your ear-wax out with a special pick. It's considered a very calming and motherly thing to do over there.)
Seere: Is good at throwing his voice, especially delaying his voice so it looks like he's talking out of time. (Ha ha! Didn't Dark Id attribute this to him in his LP?)
Verdelet: Can whistle five whole octaves.
Manah: Fortune-telling via flower petals. She's not very accurate, though.
Nowe: Does a comedy routine in the Dragon language that can make any Dragon burst out laughing.
Legna: Good at calming children down. Although he panics when they climb on his head.
Eris: Great at starting fires, be it at a campsite, barbecue, or at a stake.
Urick: Playing dead.
Zanpo: Imitating people's singing voices.
Hanch: Can pair up anyone and anything in her rich imagination. A master shipper, basically.
Yaha: Can tell what a person is into sexually at a glance. Especially men.
Gismor: His dastardly older gentleman look actually makes him pretty popular with the ladies.
Oror: Can tame any wild animal, although sometimes he gets injured in the process.

And here they are for the cast of Nier:
Brother Nier: Can draw pictures the size of a grain of rice. Although they're not very good, so it's a mystery whether he's talented or not…
Father Nier: Doing a stomach dance with his muscly abdomen. Makes young children cry. (This is what they mean by stomach dance. I'd be scared too…)
Yonah: Crossing her eyes. Also rolling them into the back of her head. This always gets her victory in staring contests.
Kaine: Tongue twisters. A few times through and she starts adding curse words to them though.
Emil: Dancing furiously with glow sticks in each hand like he's at a rave.
Devola: Tying a cherry stem with her tongue.
Popola: Untying a cherry stem with her tongue.
Weiss: Acting as fan by flipping his own pages. People praise him so highly for this that he no longer minds doing it.
Tyrann: Can recite the entire periodic table. Has an excellent memory.

There's also a humongo timeline linking together all four games and including such wacky details as World War I being started and JFK being assassinated by people with red eyes that I'll have to translate eventually. Oh Drakengard, you so wacky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

quote:

Leonard
It turns out he wasn't out of the house screwing a boy the night his brothers were killed. He was actually just masturbating; the book emphasizes the fact that he has never actually acted on any of his urges. In fact he became a hermit in the woods to keep himself away from children. That said, there's a small part of him who feels its unfair that he should have to feel so ashamed of what are, to him, natural urges.

That's pretty god drat unexpected. Don't know if it's a cop out or not.

quote:

Urick: Playing dead.

YEAH HE IS

quote:

Kaine: Tongue twisters. A few times through and she starts adding curse words to them though.

Now we need Laura Bailey to do this feat.

All of those are pretty drat spot on for their personalities. And it's quite interesting to see.

• Locked thread