Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Dice Dingus posted:

I don't think they even gave one other than quoting the general rules in the sticky. They liberally applied this to mean that the crew threads were all uninteresting when they're the most enjoyable threads around.

Over in the GBS escape pod thread (in the Coupons forum :laffo: ) some of the mods said something like the crews tended to turn into unfunny circle jerks and they just decided to shut it all down. It might have just been a temporary thing though because the video game discussion thread got reopened a few hours after being closed. I argued on your behalf ladies!

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

men of nite crew calendar, this is mr. february

Make him Mr. January - your year can only go uphill after seeing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I was :mad: to see this thread closed because it is wholesome and good, glad someone came around

I got a $50 gift card to F21, $50 of basics is probably too much

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Donkay NOoo posted:

I was :mad: to see this thread closed because it is wholesome and good, glad someone came around

I got a $50 gift card to F21, $50 of basics is probably too much

get 25 tank tops

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Buy this

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Buy American Apparel. I figure the owner being a terrible sleeze bucket is slightly better than third world sweatshops.

But yeah $$$$.

I'm trying to be pretty mindful of what I buy sweatshop-wise but holy crap it is hard. Ann Taylor Loft is my go-to when things are on sale, but I just got a ton of new clothes this year because I lost weight and nothing fit, so I say that with the luxury of not needing clothes.

But yeah I will never shop at AA I'm not supporting that poo poo.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Is that a kitten in a Jayne hat? I'm... I'm torn.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

detectivemonkey posted:

I'm trying to be pretty mindful of what I buy sweatshop-wise but holy crap it is hard. Ann Taylor Loft is my go-to when things are on sale, but I just got a ton of new clothes this year because I lost weight and nothing fit, so I say that with the luxury of not needing clothes.

But yeah I will never shop at AA I'm not supporting that poo poo.

Ann Taylor loving rules. We have an Ann Taylor Loft in our mall and it rules.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i didn't wear a proper jacket today because i'm retarded and that wind tore my rear end UP godd drat

Wearing trousers probably would have helped more than a jacket.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I would wear that

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

saddened this is for the shirt only

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

no

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 3, 2014

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh man, the low-crotch pants are the worst. I do not understand them one bit. They made it look like you just shat the biggest load and your pants structurally couldn't bear it.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I've said it before and I'll say it again... find a thrift shop in a cool area and you'll be completely set, clothes-wise.

You're on your own for underwear, though

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

There are some trends that are stupid and you must ignore so you can live a life without regret, low crotch pants are one of them.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

Pick posted:

Oh man, the low-crotch pants are the worst. I do not understand them one bit. They made it look like you just shat the biggest load and your pants structurally couldn't bear it.

They also say "I don't do anything other than walk at a slow pace. I don't run anywhere, motherfucker."

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Pick posted:

you and me both pick

i can't fathom any body type that would look good with the low-crotch pants. I don't think it exists

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Pick posted:

drop-crotch pants are the hammerpants of this decade

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Portals posted:

drop-crotch pants are the hammerpants of this decade

I've never seen them in the wild but we can still blame justin bieber for them right?

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

I've never seen them in the wild but we can still blame justin bieber for them right?

He's the worst offender because his are made of leather.

A cow died for his sins.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Women's Rights? posted:

you and me both pick

i can't fathom any body type that would look good with the low-crotch pants. I don't think it exists

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"My rear end cheeks are basically droopy balls, do you have a pants for that?"

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Oh hey the thread is back. :)

I've never heard of low-crotch pants until now. Weird.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

no

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 3, 2014

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Crow Jane posted:

You're on your own for underwear, though
I get this stuff from Nordstrom Rack. Pretty decent quality and selection for the prices. H&M bras can look cute but are generally terrible and fall apart.

I've also heard good things about Aerie, but I would also feel weird about being a grown rear end woman in that store.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Please don't wear pajamas in public you look like dumb high schoolers from 1998.

The same goes for overalls if you aren't in the Deep South/Appalachia.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Overalls and pajamas in public aren't okay anywhere, even deepest Appalachia.

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 7, 2014

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pajamas in high school back in 92 was a thing. Not a good thing.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Please don't wear pajamas in public you look like dumb high schoolers from 1998.

exception: if you are sick, you can wear pajamas in public to go pick up meds/sprite/soup because at that point your give a gently caress meter is at an all time low

This summer I caught an awful, awful sinus infection and shuffled back and forth to the doctors in full pajamas. It was all i could do not to cry in pain while out of the house, so looking good was bottom priority

otherwise yeah, put some actual drat clothes on ya bum

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

Overalls are fine for two-year-olds.

Dave Schmidt
Feb 20, 2013
I live in Canadaland and if I go outside my nostrils seal with ice. No good.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

Overalls are fine for two-year-olds.

Well, yeah, but people who are capable of dressing themselves by themselves have no excuse.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
good afternoon GrrrlSweatshirt

posting this here to avoid the wrath of angerbeet

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

dont pajama shame

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
So wasn't this the thread where that ad for body hummus came up not too long ago? If so, I have good news: it was fake.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Livingtrope posted:

dont pajama shame

Impossible. People who wear pajamas in public clearly have no shame to begin with.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
look some mornings you just dont give a gently caress about getting dressed up n poo poo aint nothing wrong with that is all im saying

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

But everyone else gives a gently caress about having to see you in bedclothes.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Doctor Bishop posted:

So wasn't this the thread where that ad for body hummus came up not too long ago? If so, I have good news: it was fake.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

All Of The Dicks posted:

But everyone else gives a gently caress about having to see you in bedclothes.

I occasionally wear pajama bottoms outside the house when I'm feeling lazy and have no one to impress.

Maybe you should chill out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Putty posted:

good afternoon GrrrlSweatshirt

posting this here to avoid the wrath of angerbeet

our low-content greetings have to be on the dl like syrian protests

• Locked thread