Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Noisemaster is going to turn the Doughnut Kingdom into Baked Alaska after he takes care of the Melody Kingdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Kikas posted:

So is he intentionally stalling the Noiseblaster? He seems like the vain type who wants confrontation with the hero, so he can defeat and humiliate him. And make him watch while his hometown... burns?

I don't know, we've seen that something doesn't add up with noisemaster and he isn't the most loyal to the Nightmare Knight. Maybe he's waiting to strike some sort of evil deal with the heroes (that they of course won't accept) and he'll end up defeated anyway.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
Actually, I think he knows that he can't get that last scream he needs to power the blaster, but he's (rightfully) sure that the heroes are going to get one at some point after they arrive. As long as he gets to power it up before they break it down, he wins.

Regardless, awesome art is its own reward. Time for some pretty colours.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

WFGuy posted:

Time for some pretty colours.

Why we've spent close to two years without adding this to the thread title is beyond me.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I'm not convinced Noisemaster actually wants the blaster charged yet. He didn't seem very happy when Piano started flipping her poo poo earlier.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Line Feed posted:

I'm not convinced Noisemaster actually wants the blaster charged yet. He didn't seem very happy when Piano started flipping her poo poo earlier.

Ya, looking at that page with what we know now. Before it sounded like he was just annoyed with her screaming, but the "MMMMM" sound in the background and his dialogue makes sense if it charges when she screams, and he told her as such.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Maybe Noisemaster is tired of being bound to the Nightmare Knight/being inert for millenia at a time. I'm really hoping he'll fall somewhere between Zuko and Ultros on the recurring character spectrum.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Ya, looking at that page with what we know now. Before it sounded like he was just annoyed with her screaming, but the "MMMMM" sound in the background and his dialogue makes sense if it charges when she screams, and he told her as such.

I took that page to mean someone else was making the "MMMMM" noise. Someone we haven't seen yet. Like some critter Noisemaster is keeping as a trump card/boss fight and didn't want to reveal too early.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

IMJack posted:

I took that page to mean someone else was making the "MMMMM" noise. Someone we haven't seen yet. Like some critter Noisemaster is keeping as a trump card/boss fight and didn't want to reveal too early.

Nah, it all makes sense. A big part of Cucumber Quest is the characters being reluctant to follow their Assigned Mythic Roles (as hero or villain); of course Noisemaster is going to be part of that, too.

(Splashmaster was too stupidloveable to worry about that kind of thing, mostly.)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Queen Cordelia.

I just now noticed the cast page links to each character's first appearance.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Juice for grown-ups :3:

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
"From a distant star." That makes the (admittedly obvious) idea that she's the person Commander Caboodle is looking for that much more likely.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-451/

If Almond had been born in the Melody Kingdom, I'm pretty sure she'd be named "Fiddle".

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I forget, what is the pots and pans thing in reference to?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Line Feed posted:

I forget, what is the pots and pans thing in reference to?

Author comment from two pages ago.

"Strategy: run in while banging on pots and pans and yelling “HEY PRINCESS, GUESS WHAT”"

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
edit: What he said.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I am amazed at the fabulous colors. Look at Carrot there. He's colored all wrong, but it's evocative of the lighting and looks perfect. And in the first panel all the characters are all fading gradients a single color each. It's fantastic! :allears:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Captain Oblivious posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-451/

If Almond had been born in the Melody Kingdom, I'm pretty sure she'd be named "Fiddle".

I was gonna say Andrew WK, but that works too.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I read Carrot's dialogue as "Is he insulting us upstairs?" which makes amazing amounts of sense.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lance Streetman posted:

I was gonna say Andrew WK, but that works too.

Andrew WK is an instrument.

A blunt instrument.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

Andrew WK is an instrument.

A blunt instrument.

Plus, Andrew WK would be Noisemaster's blunt instrument. Ya boy definitely likes to party.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Oh my god, that face.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Here it is, folks: The creepiest page of Cucumber Quest.

That face, indeed.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Oh my god, I actually cried from this page. It's Katamari all over again.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

J.A.B.C. posted:

That face, indeed.

Where are you getting "creepy" from? It's just overly, intentionally calm (which is loving hilarious)

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

J.A.B.C. posted:

That face, indeed.

For some reason it reminds me of one of the panels from the Nipples the Enchilada page from that one Sonic comic the fella behind Boxer Hockey did.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

graybook posted:

For some reason it reminds me of one of the panels from the Nipples the Enchilada page from that one Sonic comic the fella behind Boxer Hockey did.

Yeah, I think that's the reason I found it so odd. It's literally this:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
This page got me thinking we know noisemaster has an ally could it be piano?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah there's something fishy going on here... Why even make a face like that in the first place?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lance Streetman posted:

Yeah, I think that's the reason I found it so odd. It's literally this:

Indeed!

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
The instrument that's typically called a piano today was originally called a pianoforte because it could play notes both loudly (forte) and softly (piano).

Unlike her mother who is constantly excited or her father who is the picture of self-control, Princess Piano has a wider range of moods, like her namesake.

I wonder where she gets it from.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Kikas posted:

Yeah there's something fishy going on here... Why even make a face like that in the first place?

I read it as her having figured out how the cannon works. She's deliberately holding in her impulse to shout so it won't get the last percent. So the "I am totally being calm" face is a bit forced.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

idonotlikepeas posted:

I read it as her having figured out how the cannon works. She's deliberately holding in her impulse to shout so it won't get the last percent. So the "I am totally being calm" face is a bit forced.

I know I make weird faces when I consciously fight my every instinct.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gigi said on Twitter that she didn't intend for the face to be scary or unnerving and actually considered changing it before being convinced otherwise.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just noticed that Piano's hair is shaped like the back of a grand piano :geno:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
From Gigi's Tumblr. Says it all, really.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Impressive. Now do it the other way.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

(was gonna go for the happy mask salesman first)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm not sure whether I want that as an avatar or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Bossfight! At The Disco