Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It makes me curious if the Tea Party will evolve into a racist, worker's party once the GOP tries to sever ties to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I firmly believe that the fantasy of there being an actual split between GOP and the Tea Party will never happen. At best, they'll just get quieter, stop explicitly trying to primary people in the Tea Party's name, and continue to vote Republican.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 7, 2014

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Radish posted:

It makes me curious if the Tea Party will evolve into a racist, worker's party once the GOP tries to sever ties to it.

...and the circle is complete :smug:

The GOP will likely remain home to a segment that identifies as white before identifying as working class for the foreseeable future though.

/\ There's something to be said for their tow the line/authoritarian mentality too. I fall back on it coming down to which Rs are in congress after this year's election.

e: doh

Erghh fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 7, 2014

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Erghh posted:

...and the circle is complete :smug:

:thejoke:

I think the Tea Party will just slip into obscurity, probably once Obama is gone. They have a few pet issues that are mostly just dependent on the times, even if they'd have you believe they've been around forever. They're mostly concerned with lack of jobs and a black man in office. Once those issues are solved I expect them to disappear.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Happy birthday Michelle from all of US! Taxpayers foot the bill for First Lady's extended..

quote:

To: C19fan
It’s called reparations.

25 posted on 1/7/2014 11:45:15 AM by samanella
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Gaffer
My health insurance: Cancelled

My job: can’t get to it in the freezing cold, so no pay

My kids: need to see doctors and dentists that I can’t afford

Being able to help pay for Michelle Obama to stay an extra two weeks in Hawaii: Oh, priceless. Just priceless.

8 posted on 1/7/2014 9:28:20 AM by Yaelle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

And how about Oprah? A palatial 12-bedroom Hawaii home, eh? Those old white people, the ones Oprah’s so eager to see die, sure have been “racist” to her!

9 posted on 1/7/2014 9:29:13 AM by Nea Wood

quote:

I hate loathe and despise that POS MOOchelle but need to point out in all fairness laura did take separate trips with out W.

I think if Moo wants to stay in Hawaii she should
we don’t need an America hating ho here on the mainland

18 posted on 1/7/2014 10:13:51 AM by RWGinger

Moochie is out of town?! Think of all the gay sex Obama is having! I can just picture it in my mind right now :gay:

quote:

Better hurry home, Moochie. Barry smuggled a beach boy on Air Force One and plans to have a towel snapping party in the white Hut heated pool area . He’s sending the girls out for a weekend sleepover with one of the girls from the communist school you send them to.

Don’t look for your baby-sitting leach of a mother. He gave her a one-way ticket to Palookaville.

By the way, since your bedroom activities are very limited you might get in a little Hawaiian action yourself.

19 posted on 1/7/2014 10:25:33 AM by IbJensen (Liberals are like Slinkies, good for nothing, but you smile as you push them down the stairs.)
-------------------
Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero

quote:

To: Politicalkiddo
These statist fools believe that the Civil War was about slavery. Even Lincoln wasn’t in favor of freeing them.

It’s just too damned bad the planters of the south didn’t utter these five words:

LET’S PICK OUR OWN COTTON!

Seward wanted to return ALL negroes back to Africa and he almost got the support to do it.

80 posted on 1/7/2014 10:30:17 AM by IbJensen (Liberals are like Slinkies, good for nothing, but you smile as you push them down the stairs.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]
Said someone who never looked up the definition of slavery

quote:

To: BigReb555
Yeah, because buying and selling human beings like cattle was uber cool and patriotic.

3 posted on 01/07/2014 6:51:35 AM PST by stinkerpot65 (Global warming is a Marxist lie.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: stinkerpot65
Who ARE YOU?
I smell libtard troll infiltration....

20 posted on 01/07/2014 7:12:36 AM PST by matginzac
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: matginzac
There are Robert E. Lee haters on this site. They will even send you to websites that accuse Lee of the most hideous crimes. But if you are going to criticize Lee for owning his wife or father-in-law’s slaves, then you are going to have to condemn George Washington as well.

Yes, Pickett changed his mind about Lee after Gettysburg. It was a terrible charge that failed. Lee took full responsibility for it but Pickett never got over it. Shades of PTSD no doubt. Lee had it at the end of his life. He heard the voices of his men calling to him when he was in bed at night. Sad.

40 posted on 01/07/2014 7:30:29 AM PST by miss marmelstein (Richard Lives Yet!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: stinkerpot65
Nobody likes to run over a dead dog but like I said before it wasn’t the CSA flag that flew over the slave ships is was the stars and stripes.

9 posted on 1/7/2014 9:00:16 AM by Rappini (Veritas vos Liberabit)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]
Therefore the Confederacy was Not Racist :smuggo:

quote:

To: tomkat
Oh goodie, goodie, goodie! We haven’t had an ole’ North Freeper vs South Freeper feud in quite a while. Pass the popcorn, tomkat!

10 posted on 01/07/2014 7:01:57 AM PST by momtothree
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: momtothree
And there will be endless posts. One side will argue for “slavery was wrong” and “you can’t secede from the Union”. The other side will counter with “it was about states rights” and “secession is legal and Constitutional”.

Right, wrong or indifferent, slavery was legal and settled law. The Yankee government had NO right whatsoever in telling the states they could not have slaves.

It would be like forcing citizens to buy health insurance.

70 posted on 01/07/2014 8:10:08 AM PST by NTHockey (Rules of engagement #1: Take no prisoners. And to the NSA trolls, FU)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: NTHockey
The Yankee government had NO right whatsoever in telling the states they could not have slaves.
Unfortunately it wasn't so much the fed telling southerners what they could and couldn't own - or do with their property - as it was the southern slavers who demanded that the rest of the country toe the line in tacit acceptance of the Particular Institution.

It would be like forcing citizens to buy health insurance.

No, it would be like fags coming into your state and forcing you to accept their "marriages".

74 posted on 01/07/2014 8:20:51 AM PST by rockrr (Everything is different now...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 70 | View Replies ]
Slavery is exactly like me having to witness two men with rings on their fingers kissing in public :qq:
No! Wait! Obamacare is slavery!

quote:

The War was about STATES RIGHTS more than anything else, Slavery was just the vehicle.

Imagine if, instead of telling states they cannot have slaves, the were fighting to prevent the Federal Government from telling you you HAD TO buy health insurance or face a fine?

28 posted on 1/7/2014 9:17:12 AM by Mr. K (If you like your constitution, you can keep it...Period.)

This is pretty obvious, even today :rimshot:

quote:

The South was Right.

13 posted on 1/7/2014 9:04:42 AM by Rappini (Veritas vos Liberabit)

quote:

To: Rappini
Owning other human beings is uber cool?

45 posted on 1/7/2014 9:34:28 AM by rockrr (Everything is different now...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

To: rockrr
I wondered when you would crawl out from under your rock. :-)

87 posted on 01/07/2014 8:47:35 AM PST by Georgia Girl 2 (The only purpose of a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should never have dropped.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies ]
They go on to have a passive aggressive slap fight for several more exchanges

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

kik2dagroin posted:

They go on to have a passive aggressive slap fight for several more exchanges

So did the South/CSA apologists ever address rockrr's point?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Zwabu posted:

He probably gets the zot. Can't have dissenting opinions.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It's kind of crazy, even by Freep standards, that you can't even say "hey guys slavery was pretty bad" without everybody turning on you, Invasion of the Body Snatchers style, and accusing you of being a liberal plant.

I know they're nuts, I know, but it still bugs me that they discuss slavery as though it were just some other controversial government policy.

In fact it is an issue of liberty but not in the way that they seem to think!

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Zwabu posted:

Nope. They do discuss slavery a bit elsewhere in the thread, but it plays out much like you would expect on an extreme right-wing site: the North imposing its will on the South unjustly.
If we had just waited a bit longer the issue of slavery would have just went away *ignores about a hundred of years of exactly this happening in American history*

This one is pretty good too

quote:

"There will be memorial tributes to honor Dr. Martin Luther King in January and…. "
11/12/13

Danielle was absent from school yesterday 11/11 13 because of Veteran’s Day. She will go to school on Veteran’s Day when kids Go to school on Martin Luther King Day.

Thanks,
XXX
Big Red 1
Vietnam Vet
Sgt E-5
(real letter)

66 posted on 1/7/2014 10:02:57 AM by yoe

quote:

To: yoe
Thank you for your #66.

That letter is a powerful light on an example of the political correctness/hypocrisy that is specifically designed to undermine America’s culture.

MLK deserves recognition and a place in our history but most certainly not at a higher level than our veterans who went in harm’s way and offered their lives in the defense of America. MLK may have risked quite a bit, but he did not knowingly confront those who would like to kill him.

96 posted on 1/7/2014 11:00:45 AM by frog in a pot ("To each according to his need..." -from a guy who never had a real job and couldn't feed his family)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 66 | View Replies]
:negative:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

kik2dagroin posted:

Nope. They do discuss slavery a bit elsewhere in the thread, but it plays out much like you would expect on an extreme right-wing site: the North imposing its will on the South unjustly.

It's almost as if the Southerners, set upon by the aggressive and more powerful North, were the REAL slaves! :eng101:

Except that, in a more correct sense, the people held in literal bondage and forced into lives of brutal servitude performing back breaking labor through the threat and performance of acts of brutal violence and murder were in fact, the real slaves. :eng99:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

These statist fools believe that the Civil War was about slavery. Even Lincoln wasn’t in favor of freeing them.

Oh cool! So I guess Freepers will stop saying that the Republicans are the party that ended slavery and that Lincoln is proof the Dems are racist, right? :v:

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

"In protest of national holiday recognition, I am causing my own daughter undue harm in her learning and development."

That'll show us libs. Except it really will when his daughter doesn't learn how to think critically and escape from the spiral that is her family's politics

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I know they're nuts, I know, but it still bugs me that they discuss slavery as though it were just some other controversial government policy.

I'm waiting for them to argue that all those businesses in the South actually wanted to serve black customers, but they were prevented from doing so by Jim Crow laws.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Holy poo poo they are literally defending slavery.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I've seen a lot of 'the slaves actually had it BETTER than today' poo poo, but this is one of the first times I've seen them outright say 'the South was right.'

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

quote:

There are Robert E. Lee haters on this site. They will even send you to websites that accuse Lee of the most hideous crimes. But if you are going to criticize Lee for owning his wife or father-in-law’s slaves, then you are going to have to condemn George Washington as well.

Okay, let's do that.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lycus posted:

Okay, let's do that.

I mean, have you ever seen a liberal criticize Thomas Jefferson or any of the founding fathers for owning slaves? I haven't looked but

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

TravBot posted:

"In protest of national holiday recognition, I am causing my own daughter undue harm in her learning and development."

That'll show us libs. Except it really will when his daughter doesn't learn how to think critically and escape from the spiral that is her family's politics

I thought it was more amusing saying MLK "did not knowingly confront those who would like to kill him" when in fact he did exactly that and was assassinated for doing it. Yet somehow he is below a soldier and shouldn't be honored?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

PUGGERNAUT posted:

After Mandela's death Freep responded with page after page with about how awesome Apartheid was for them ungrateful coloreds and what a monster Mandela was for ending it. That Freepers would be slavery apologists is hardly surprising.

EBT
Oct 29, 2005

by Ralp

kik2dagroin posted:

I thought it was more amusing saying MLK "did not knowingly confront those who would like to kill him" when in fact he did exactly that and was assassinated for doing it. Yet somehow he is below a soldier and shouldn't be honored?

They mean that he didn't shoot, blowup, or waterboard them.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Man, how the hell can someone write apologia for slavery and in the same breath insist that no, they are not the real racist? I can't comprehend it, my brain straight up refuses to recognize that someone can hold the belief that slavery was okay and that they aren't racist as racist can be. I find myself wanting to write them off as mindless parrots totally incapable of understanding actual concepts, and that they just mindlessly regurgitate whatever right wing garbage they've been spoonfed but that's coming awfully close to dehumanizing them and I'm really getting worried that I'm starting to do that. Christ what a horrible bunch of misanthropes. If we could somehow harness freeper hate as an energy source we wouldn't need the sun anymore.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Man, how the hell can someone write apologia for slavery and in the same breath insist that no, they are not the real racist? I can't comprehend it, my brain straight up refuses to recognize that someone can hold the belief that slavery was okay and that they aren't racist as racist can be. I find myself wanting to write them off as mindless parrots totally incapable of understanding actual concepts, and that they just mindlessly regurgitate whatever right wing garbage they've been spoonfed but that's coming awfully close to dehumanizing them and I'm really getting worried that I'm starting to do that. Christ what a horrible bunch of misanthropes. If we could somehow harness freeper hate as an energy source we wouldn't need the sun anymore.
1. Slavery was better than their lives in Africa at the time (disputable to say the least)
2. Slavery introduced them to the saving grace of our Lord, Jesus Christ (unprovable)
3. Slavery meant that black people are now living in The Greatest Country In The World instead of in Africa (seriously)
4. The Southerners of the Civil War were eager to get rid of slavery (so much bullshit; Eli Whitney's cotton gin reversed any trends away from black chattel slavery, and early efforts at slave-worked industrial facilities got good results from an economic perspective)
5. It wasn't ABOUT RACE, because some blacks became slaveowners (while there were a handful of freed blacks who did own slaves, these were very decidedly edge cases)
6. It wasn't ABOUT RACE, because there were also white slaves (whites were certainly indentured servants but there were strong trends against it in favor of chattel slavery, and any putative difference in treatment between your temporary servant and your permanent slave is, as with point 1, highly fuckin dubious)
7. It wasn't ABOUT RACE, because there were black Confederate soldiers (probably a few here and there, and some half-assed efforts to raise black units did occur in the South... in the last few weeks of the Confederacy's existence as an organized state)
8. Many Southerners weren't super racist, like Bobby Lee!! (writings indicate that many Confederate people were more nuanced than we might think, yet they were generally on board in fighting for a constitution that "recognized the great truth that the negro is inferior to the white man," to paraphrase the Confederate vice president)
9. Yankees were racist too!! (often yes; also irrelevant)
10. DON'T YOU INSULT MY ANCESTORS LIKE THAT YOU YANKEE LIBERAL DOG (don't make lies about the living because you're mad about the truth about the dead)

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Not to mention like half the declarations of secession said "WE WANT TO KEEP SLAVES"

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Nessus posted:

6. It wasn't ABOUT RACE, because there were also white slaves (whites were certainly indentured servants but there were strong trends against it in favor of chattel slavery, and any putative difference in treatment between your temporary servant and your permanent slave is, as with point 1, highly fuckin dubious)

This one is also bullshit because by the time the civil war rolls around, indentured servitude of that sort was basically non-existent in America. "White" indentured servants were used as plantation labor early on in the Caribbean, but a) they were soon replaced by the even cheaper slave labour from Africa and B) mainly consisted of the Irish and a few other ethnic groups (central and eastern European) who weren't considered white at the time. You think Englishmen, Frenchmen, or Americans were being rounded up to serve on plantations? Slavery always has a racial component, going back to ancient times. It's almost always been justified based on xenophobia.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Nessus posted:

1. Slavery was better than their lives in Africa at the time (disputable to say the least)
2. Slavery introduced them to the saving grace of our Lord, Jesus Christ (unprovable)
3. Slavery meant that black people are now living in The Greatest Country In The World instead of in Africa (seriously)
4. The Southerners of the Civil War were eager to get rid of slavery (so much bullshit; Eli Whitney's cotton gin reversed any trends away from black chattel slavery, and early efforts at slave-worked industrial facilities got good results from an economic perspective)
5. It wasn't ABOUT RACE, because some blacks became slaveowners (while there were a handful of freed blacks who did own slaves, these were very decidedly edge cases)
7. It wasn't ABOUT RACE, because there were black Confederate soldiers (probably a few here and there, and some half-assed efforts to raise black units did occur in the South... in the last few weeks of the Confederacy's existence as an organized state)
8. Many Southerners weren't super racist, like Bobby Lee!! (writings indicate that many Confederate people were more nuanced than we might think, yet they were generally on board in fighting for a constitution that "recognized the great truth that the negro is inferior to the white man," to paraphrase the Confederate vice president)
9. Yankees were racist too!! (often yes; also irrelevant)
10. DON'T YOU INSULT MY ANCESTORS LIKE THAT YOU YANKEE LIBERAL DOG (don't make lies about the living because you're mad about the truth about the dead)

Ah, that makes sense as to how it allows someone to kid themselves just enough to hold some bullshit it's about heritage not racism garbage. So do you think they actually admit to themselves when no one is around that they are racist as all hell or is their head so far up their own rear end they actually believe their own bullshit? I'm honestly not sure which one would be worse.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Ah, that makes sense as to how it allows someone to kid themselves just enough to hold some bullshit it's about heritage not racism garbage. So do you think they actually admit to themselves when no one is around that they are racist as all hell or is their head so far up their own rear end they actually believe their own bullshit? I'm honestly not sure which one would be worse.

:freep:, and Tea Partiers more generally, have a total immunity to cognitive dissonance. They'll insist that MLK was a philandering America-hating commie agitator, but that he was also a True Conservative who would be supporting them if he hadn't gotten what he deserved. They say that Democrats are "the real racists" and they are keeping blacks in servitude, while also whisperingly darkly about the need to arm themselves in preparation of the day the SNAP cards stop working and the subhuman feral hordes come boiling out of the cities.

Black President has sent some of them into such paroxysms of racist rage that every once in a while one of them will hint that hating black people isn't racist, it's just "realist". But for the most part, :freep: racism is more of the symbolic or aversive kind than the overt.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Joementum posted:

Say hello to "General" Goodson of the New Confederate Army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_x61OQhF5A

From the DnD pictures thread. I just thought this thread would appreciate it.

:rock:Hardcore Confederates:rock:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Pokemaster #421 posted:

My uncle in law ascribes to this worldview (I'm almost certain he's in the KKK or is otherwise a literal Nazi), but doesn't see himself as racist - it's just that all blacks are horrible irresponsible lazy gangsters out to murder and rape white women, and all Mexicans are dirty drug smugglers out to steal our jobs. You can't really see something as a racial bias if you believe it to be a universal truth.

I got tired of putting up with his poo poo just because "he's family" at one point so I came out as gay over dinner and called him a jackass. He never spoke to me again :allears:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Pokemaster #421 posted:

It all comes down to

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

Radish posted:

"will evolve"?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well they're not much of a worker's party right now.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

At least not for workers in general, but they are party for workers that think immigrants are the source of all their problems.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Install Windows posted:

It all comes down to

Ich bin Patriot, kein Nazi :godwinning:

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Fiat Banking Nazi posted:

Ahaha He's responding to every "LOL are you mentally ill" in the comments.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Fiat Banking Nazi posted:

Not available in Germany. Good luck selling your cotton to us :colbert:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

bpower posted:

Ahaha He's responding to every "LOL are you mentally ill" in the comments.

This guy is pretty great.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
He's practically Hulk Hogan! Well, a jobless, out-of-shape, trailer park Hulk Hogan.

"Why should I care, you live in your mums basement" <3

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Jagged Jim posted:

After Mandela's death Freep responded with page after page with about how awesome Apartheid was for them ungrateful coloreds and what a monster Mandela was for ending it. That Freepers would be slavery apologists is hardly surprising.

I remember years ago seeing somewhere in LF a quote, I want to say from Freep but I can't remember for sure, on an article about the rapidly growing Chinese influence/investments in Africa, and someone posting how Africans (aka blacks) would thrive under the "yoke of the yellow man"

Basically, while being totally not racist ever, most people like this honestly believe that the urban feral is like a wild dog, but can thrive and be a part of society when under the firm control of a superior race.

I think the racism has always existed with these people because its an old white conservative thing to begin with, but Obama being elected really broke something in their brains after ending 200+ years of white male POTUS domination and his subsequent re-election instead of their dreams of the proto-yuppie white male who is filthy rich and morally and ethically bankrupt winning in a landslide compounded it.
Sprinkle in the fact that the Obama family has been scandal clean for 5 years and counting and they're going insane over it.

Surely these filthy usurper feral scumbags must conform to my racial stereotypes and its driving me crazy that they aren't! :freep:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Jobless benefits bill clears key Senate hurdle, over GOP complaints on cost(Reid's subject change)

quote:

To: vpintheak; faithhopecharity; TexasFreeper2009; chopperman; Buckeye McFrog
RE :”Cut the Vets benefits, but toss “free” money at the bums who won’t take a job after 2 years. I am amazed at the dispicable immorality of our government”
Immediately after the vote Obama put a unemployed woman on TV as his lead in.

She thanked Obama for trying to save her family with this bill. She said she needs it to pay the bills and she gets up every day looking for a job.

Now he is on TV (MSNBC showing it) praising the unemployed and explaining that they are victims, ‘working their tails off trying to get jobs’.

Says they cant look for a job without this $$$ to pay for gas to get to interviews and cell phone bill.(they been off > 100 weeks!)

11 posted on 01/07/2014 9:08:13 AM PST by sickoflibs (Obama : 'If you like your Doctor you can keep him, PERIOD! Don't believe the GOPs warnings')
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: sickoflibs
the reason they have been out of work over 100 weeks already is because Obama and his people have been destroying American jobs en masse

also, there really is a problem with some of these folks not being willing to work (they can make more by sitting on their butts at home watching Oprah reruns, just by collecting all the dole checks and benefits including “extended” (meaning, welfare) unemployment for years and years and years)

the local small business people complain that nobody wants to work anymore, and they can’t fill their vacant jobs.

this is destroying the American economy and needlessly turning many perfectly good, able-bodied people into useless welfare bums... we get what we pay for...

15 posted on 01/07/2014 9:13:22 AM PST by faithhopecharity (no)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]

quote:

Does he take responsibility for the economic mess he created that caused all this unemployment? /s
36 posted on 01/07/2014 9:59:31 AM PST by yorkiemom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]

I christen thee the Republic of Dave! :lol:

quote:

To: sickoflibs; All
“This is all borrowed — every penny of it,” Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., told Fox News.

And THIS bill is different from the other UNFUNDED HUNDREDS of OTHERS passed through the years - as well as UNFUNDED 0bamacare?

Our leaders are insane! I secede from The Union! From here on out, the 1.2 square miles I own is my own country! Flag to follow!

I thought not extending these benefits was the ONLY concession we GOT from the Government Shutdown?

Aarrgghhhh!!!!!!!!!!

23 posted on 1/7/2014 11:20:35 AM by Diana in Wisconsin (I don't have 'Hobbies.' I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set...)

quote:

So if this is a spending Bill then how can it originate in the senate?

28 posted on 1/7/2014 11:37:51 AM by Revel

quote:

To: Revel
You obviously don’t understand how fascism works.

78 posted on 1/7/2014 9:15:03 PM by Hoodat (Democrats - Opposing Equal Protection since 1828)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]
:ironicat:
-----------------------------
Global Cooling: Is an Ice Age Coming?

quote:

To: xzins
My sentiments, exactly. A few years ago some started floating the idea that there may actually be cooling coming. I thought they were just taunting the AGW flat earthers but I was just wondering yesterday, what if they were actually serious? And the sun IS the biggest impact on our temperature.

5 posted on 1/8/2014 11:56:21 AM by cuban leaf (I'm now in central KY partly due to Revelation 18:4)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

If the environmentalists were smart, they’d take credit for defeating man-made global warming and start working on fixing man-made global cooling. I’m sure we will need to put more restrictions on industry and collect more taxes to combat the coming ice age.

Only the cause needs to change, not the message.

11 posted on 1/8/2014 12:02:11 PM by Tenacious 1 (Liberals can afford for things to go well, to work, for folks to be happy. They'd be out of work.)

quote:

Yup. Global cooling.

Been doing so for the last 5,000 years, gradually, but in a cyclical manner.

For example, in Shakespeare’s day the Thames River in London froze over for their Winter Festival.

During the Medieval Warm the Brits grew grapes in Southern England.

In the 1600’s one winter caused all of the Harbors on the East Coast of “The Colonies” to freeze solid as far south as Savannah, Georgia Colony.

Enjoy this intra glacial warm sub cycle while you can - - - .

BTW, hope our descendants have enough Coal, Crude Oil and Natural Gas to keep their US Communist built apartment homes warm while they live from one Federal Welfare Check to another - - - - .

21 posted on 1/8/2014 12:13:03 PM by Graewoulf (Democrats' Obamacare Socialist Health Insur. Tax violates U.S. Constitution AND Anti-Trust Law.)
Start hoarding your nuts libtards. Winter is coming. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christmas Jones
Apr 12, 2007

nuklear fizzicist

Lycus posted:

At least not for workers in general, but they are party for workers that think immigrants are the source of all their problems.

I mean, I don't want to get too far into hyperbole, but isn't that how fascism starts? I guess that the Tea Party is different from most fascist parties because of their distrust of the state, but they do like to deify their leaders at least.

• Locked thread