Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wild Hogs
May 6, 2008
The DC show is three days after my 21st birthday so I couldn't be more excited. I've been listening for five years and never thought they'd play a show close enough for me to feasibly go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008
It would be like if we found out that Stephen Dorff just loves cock. I would be like, "No way Jose". Oh your name is Pablo? Well, No posible Pablo.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
It always cracks me up how Stephen Dorff is always J-dawgs go-to when he needs to come up with the name of a moderately famous actor.

Damo fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 29, 2013

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Is there any place to get pre-160 episodes where all of the metadata is all there? I'd like to have them all under the same podcast tab with all of their descriptions intact, but even the ones hosted on uhhyeahdude.com aren't complete, and I'm getting pretty frustrated.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

sum posted:

Is there any place to get pre-160 episodes where all of the metadata is all there? I'd like to have them all under the same podcast tab with all of their descriptions intact, but even the ones hosted on uhhyeahdude.com aren't complete, and I'm getting pretty frustrated.

The zip I linked earlier? I forget if I cleaned up any of the tags, but it meshes fine with the live feed in iTunes for me, and the descriptions are definitely there

e:

WoG fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 30, 2013

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

sum posted:

Yea the zip posted earlier worked perfectly for me. I didn't even have to do any messing around to get iTunes to recognise them as podcasts instead of music, and all the descriptions are still there.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Binowru posted:

LA show February 27th! :woop:

Oh gently caress me that's literally a couple days after I leave. Maybe I'll fly back or something.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hope Seth still wants to come to Philly after the other night :ohdear:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
UYD: Big Nuts, Bad Dads

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Little nuts, maybe OK dads?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I must be slippin' because I have no idea what you guys are referencing.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Binowru posted:

I must be slippin' because I have no idea what you guys are referencing.

You're such a terrible father you deadbeat! Look at these nuts yo!

dvorak posted:

Little nuts, maybe OK dads?

The study pretty clearly stated that small balls = great dads.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jonathan, what's a lesbiamus?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The dudes at This Year Collection put out a UYD 2013 highlight reel, 254 minutes of UYD straight to the dome.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
That's awesome. I started listening to 2013 episodes again to wrap up the UYD year, and now that I'm about done it will be interesting to hear what segments got into the best of.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
double post, but how has all of your experiences been with showing friends UYD? For me it's either I get friends I.N.T.O. UYD, or I'll show them a clip and they'll say "yeah that's funny" then completely ignore anything UYD I say or just straight up say "I'm not watching that". I don't know why but I could tell my friend "watch this video of a kitten it's so funny it's 9 minutes long" and they'll watch the whole thing, but I tell a friend "hey I listen to this podcast it's called Uhh Yeah Dude, watch this clip" and they'll never do it. I've gotten my dad and grandma into UYD by burning them CDs, but my friends just will not have it and I don't know why.

roach cum puddle fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 4, 2014

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
I don't have any friends who even listen to podcasts, so UYD is a tough sell.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
Well it's an hour of fairly cerebral comedy (even if it is poo poo jokes and chi-mo's) so I can see why people don't like it sometimes. Most people want to be told when to laugh, I guess

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

If you want someone to listen to uyd you just need to slap a quick dogtrust on there. Dogtrust.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

Xemloth posted:

If you want someone to listen to uyd you just need to slap a quick dogtrust on there. Dogtrust.

If I could just get something that says "Justin Theoroux listens to this podcast", we would be set

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I think the fact that you got your grandma into UYD means that anything else you do in that regard is just gravy. That rules.

As for me I mention UYD to anyone that asks me about podcasts, but no one's come to me later and said "thanks, this show rules" so I don't know if I'm getting them to listen.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Love those Best Of collections so much, was laughing so hard like a minute in because I'd forgotten about 'No more kisses' and it's relation 'Whatever bitches, we're going to Napa! gently caress you!"

This collection definitely confirms this thread's thoughts that this was a particularly amazing year

GraPar fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 5, 2014

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
I might be the only person in the world who both listens to UYD and reads XKCD but i feel like today's xkcd (http://xkcd.com/1313/) could revolutionize horse-weed-mind's eye.

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

401 is up on itunes

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

CaptainJuan posted:

I might be the only person in the world who both listens to UYD and reads XKCD but i feel like today's xkcd (http://xkcd.com/1313/) could revolutionize horse-weed-mind's eye.

I'd assume if no one who listens to uyd reads xkcd then no one here understands that comic. I sure don't.

401!!!!!!!'nnn

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Uhhhh, yeah, great comic. Why is xkcd so terrible and autistic?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Seth really is on the top of his game this year

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

CaptainJuan posted:

what is this poo poo

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

CaptainJuan posted:

You just nominated yourself as the person who gets to try to explain that to Jonathan ;)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Another Person posted:

Uhhhh, yeah, great comic. Why is xkcd so terrible and autistic?

Because it is created by a grown man who opted to put a ball pit in his living room rather than buy a couch.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Somebody should tell Jonathan about this (SFW), so he can tell Seth on air.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I've heard enough Craigshouse that I could actually hear Seth reading those comments. This does need to be brought to his attention somehow.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

Because it is created by a grown man who opted to put a ball pit in his living room rather than buy a couch.

What, really? Not too shocking there.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Beeez posted:

I've heard enough Craigshouse that I could actually hear Seth reading those comments. This does need to be brought to his attention somehow.

With worse English than the Korean letters :3:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
UYD got me in the habit of reading Missed Connections on a daily basis. There is so much gold there, folks. If you aren't checking it, you're missing out:

Missed Connections posted:

You looked so good eating that burger - m4w

Huge way it melted in your mouth. It looked so tasty like a really juicy good burger. Do you remember what I said?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JethroMcB posted:

UYD got me in the habit of reading Missed Connections on a daily basis. There is so much gold there, folks. If you aren't checking it, you're missing out:

are you reading this?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

CaptainJuan posted:

Hey that's cool, you know what I do is I take liquid 2-CB, and I dab it on the head of my prick. It's better than xkcd.

E: Saxmaverick this video of yours cuts out at 3 1/2 minutes, just thought I should warn you.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jan 8, 2014

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Very much enjoyed Episode 401 of this entertainment podcast, love Seth's relentless optimism at this time of year. Random bit of UYD synchronicity - 'The Air Up There' was a $2000 answer on Jeopardy yesterday.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I was dying during the tax and national debt donation part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

are you reading this?

This was about eight years ago.